Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Golf Ball Are You Playing In 2024?

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Lots of new releases this season and a lot of what seem to be very good options. Will you be sticking with your go to or will you be making a switch? Let us know what golf ball will be your gamer in 2024?

Maxfli Tour, yellow. I've been playing this in white for a few years now. I've tried the X, but it was just a bit firm for me.

I also have a couple dozen OnCore Vero X1, yellow that I'm going to test out as well.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

I'm moving to the Pro V1 this year.  I've been playing Maxfli SoftFli's long enough .... I've compared the two of them on the course and I believe I will get a better game out of the Pro V1.  And if I don't, I still have some SoftFli's

BigMacQue
Titleist Driver and Hybrid
Titleist T400 Irons, 5-GW
Vokey Wedges, 50 and 56
Cleveland Launcher 3 Wood and Cleveland 10.5C HB Soft Putter
Titleist Tour Soft

Vice Pro Plus is my gamer.  Love the soft feel of the ball putting and chipping around the greens and the value of the ball helps if you buy 5 dozen and get an extra dozen free. 

MHancherow

WITB

:ping-small: G410 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S 

:titleist-small: 917F 3 Wood Diamana stiff 

:ping-small: G425 2 hybrid stock stiff shaft 

:titleist-small: T100 5-GW, :accra: ISeries Steel 115i

Kirkland Wedges 52, 56, 60 

I do not bounce around between golf balls. I have friends who play whatever is in their bag or what they find on the course. I had been playing Taylormade Tour Response, however, last year I went for an iron fitting. The instructor had me hit Pro V1s. He said that it was his ball of choice for fittings. When the fitting was complete he told me to use Pro V1s since the irons/specs were formulated based on how they performed with that ball. When I told him I did not believe my game was good enough to spend the money on Pro Vs, he made a good point. First he asked if I lose a lot of balls. I replied that I don't. I hit the ball pretty straight and it's rare if I lose one. He then pointed out that there was only about a $12.00 difference between a dozen Tour Response and the Pro Vs. Since I generally don't lose balls he asked why was I spending money on a fitting and great clubs (I got Callaway Paradym X irons), but wanted to pinch pennies when it came to my choice of golf balls.

I couldn't really argue with that logic. So I went with the Pro V1s. They performed great, as expected. I was able to achieve better spin  around the greens. However, I can't say that there was a massive difference from the Tour Response balls. Both are very similar and excellent balls. This year I will stick with the ProV1s, mainly because I like the way they feel off the clubs. 

1 hour ago, LinksgolfFever said:

I was playing Srixon Z star XV all last season until I tested the ODIN X1.  Made the switch in December, it matched/beat the Srixon across the board.  You should check them out.  Find my review here

I enjoyed your review. Looking on their site I see they are high 80's in compression like the Prov1. I switched away from the ProV1 as I need more spin and tend to get fliers with the lower compression balls or I would give these a try. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Going to try and find the right ball for me this year, as I don't think I have come very close so far.

Going to try out the Odin X (a little less compression than the X1 but not too much like the Soft offerings). I also have the Maxfli Tour X's on my mind and the Taylormade Tour Response balls. Should be a fun year as I grow in every aspect. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

I was able to have a bake off last year.  While they were aerating the greens at my home course, I was on the 4th hole with a 8 dozen balls and my launch monitor.  I made up the list of 8 balls from the MGS ball test.  After reviewing the data I took 3 out to the course and played several rounds.  This year’s new ball is the Srixon Q Star Tour.

callaway_golf_company.jpg.6364a90d9497bfb30a55348168180f24.jpg Driver Paradym 10.5*

callaway_golf_company.jpg.6364a90d9497bfb30a55348168180f24.jpg Irons and Wedges Apex DCB 5-PW - Jaws 50*, 56*, 60* (full toe)

scottycameron.png.6bb23116a5e525cd87756d482a9389d5.png - Phantom X 7.5

arccosgolf.png.ade3247b6477bde28371ca92571590ae.png - Shot Trackers

srixon.png.1860cc7f415744e93772cfe6dae9a53d.png - Q STAR TOUR

titlest.png.ea1ba3b7c0930add00a361517c3975ea.png - Players Flex Men's Golf Glove

callaway_golf_company.jpg.6364a90d9497bfb30a55348168180f24.jpg - Org14 Bag

Just been through a ball fitting with Titleist and therefore moving to Pro v1 this year. Had been using TM TP5 but having tried the ProV1 and compared (on an indoor TrackMan) seems to be more beneficial to my game and better flight control… I guess we’ll see in due course. 

WITB > Stealth 2 Driver > Mizuno STG 3 & 5 woods > Mizuno 243 Irons > Vokey SM9 Wedges (50,54,60)

The Odin X1 is legit and I will play it until the dozen I have is used up. After that, I have ProV1x’s that were received at Christmas. At some point, I’ll try Chrome Tour and the latest TP5 ball because, for me, the differences in most of these premium balls are nominal and variety is the spice of life.

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Sticking with the Mizuno RB Tour X. I've been really happy with the improvements they made to the ball in the past year

Link to What's in My Bag Post

:ping-small: - G430 Max

:cobra-small: - LTDx 3 Wood

:callaway-small: - Mavrik 4 & 5 hybrids

:mizuno-small: - Pro 225 Irons

:titleist-small::vokey-small: - SM9 50, 54, 58 degree

:cameron-small: - Teryllium Longneck Newport 2 / :odyssey-small: - Jailbird 380 / Hudson Made Carman Custom

Nick_D's Putter Projects

:mizuno-small: - RB Tour X Ball

Link to BirdieBall 2-in-1 Putting/Hitting Mat 2023 Forum Review

I alternate between the ProV1x and the Sugar Pure ball.  I started using the Sugar balls last year and I think they perform just as well as the ProV1x.  I hit my longest drive of the year with one.  I've given them to many of my buddies to try out and the feedback has all been good.  So, as the picture shows below, I stocked up...ok so I don't lose that many balls...they are mostly for a charity tournament I put on each year.  They come in a 27 pack and are almost half the price of ProV1's.  I know MyGolfSpy didn't rate the original Sugar balls very highly, but I think they made some good improvements on the Sugar Pure balls.  Would love to see how the Pure would do in this year's ball comparison.

Sugar Balls.jpg

Live Life...oh and golf a lot!

In the Bag:

Driver & 3 Wood: Titleist TSi3                Hybrids: Callaway Paradym and Ping

Irons: Mizuno 225 Pro  (5-PW)               Wedges: Taylormade MG4 50*, Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*, Ping Glide 4.0 60* (Vokeys are resting downstairs right now 😁

Putter: Alternate between Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 and Scotty Cameron Phantom 12.5

1 minute ago, climberboy2000 said:

I alternate between the ProV1x and the Sugar Pure ball.  I started using the Sugar balls last year and I think they perform just as well as the ProV1x.  I hit my longest drive of the year with one.  I've given them to many of my buddies to try out and the feedback has all been good.  So, as the picture shows below, I stocked up...ok so I don't lose that many balls...they are mostly for a charity tournament I put on each year.  They come in a 27 pack and are almost half the price of ProV1's.  I know MyGolfSpy didn't rate the original Sugar balls very highly, but I think they made some good improvements on the Sugar Pure balls.  Would love to see how the Pure would do in this year's ball comparison.

Sugar Balls.jpg

Was a tester for these and found them quite good.  Didnt stick with them for gaming as they dont make a yellow one.  Wasnt the balls fault just personal preference.

Hell broke 90 for the first time with one so ill always have a soft spot for them.

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

Will stick with my MaxFli Tour.  But may get 5 doz MTB Prime to try out.  Still have a lot of MaxFli to burn through

Woods:  :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15*, MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 3H & 4H, Ventus Blue 7S  

Irons: :Takomo: Takomo IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER1.2, 355g, :kbs: Tour GPS, 33" w/
image.png.709cedef1b6b981263b7fb0d3abefd71.png Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 Stand Bag / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

Maxfli Tour S or Maxfli Tour depending on what I pull out of my bag that day. Great value for the $. Previously played the AVX

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

Last fall, I was able to grab 3 dozen LA Golf Balls for $149 from Carl's Golfland , so I thought I would give them a shot. 

Will mix in some left over Pro V1x Left Dash to go along with Maxfli Tour X and Vice Pro S yellow balls as well. 

When I play alone, I either play 2 balls and play the "worst ball" or sometimes I play white versus yellow balls so they can trash talk against each other. 🙂 

EF Conn

Michigan

Callaway Paradym TD 9 degree Fujikura VENTUS Red 50S (non TR)

TM Stealth 3 Wood 3 degree

Callaway APEX 3 and 4 Hybrids with Recoil DART F4s

New Level Golf 902 OS 5 through PW with Recoil 95 F4s

Callaway CB Wedges 48, 55 and 60 degree 

LAB Directed Force 2.1 Putter

This year I’m going back to last year. What? Well early last year I bought a sample pack of Snell Prime and Prime-X. I really liked the Prime but ultimately moved to something else for good price and availability. I wasn’t sure Snell would remain available. Well I found the Snell website having an awesome sale and bought a 5 dozen pack of the Prime for $125 out the door. I’ll be with those until they’re about gone. I do appreciate Titleist dropping the AVX price a whole $5, but for me it’s just not quite enough in these times.

Driver: Cobra AeroJet 9* @ 7.5* PX Hazardous Black 5.5

3 wood: Titleist 915f @ 14.25* MCA Diamana Blue R

Hybrids: Callaway Apex 17* and 21* Srixon ZX 23* driving iron

Irons: Mizuno Pro 223 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro 105R

Wedges: Ping Glide 4.0 52/10, 56/14, 60/14 Nippon 115

Putter: EVNROLL ER 2.2

Ball: Wilson Triad

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Lots of new releases this season and a lot of what seem to be very good options. Will you be sticking with your go to or will you be making a switch? Let us know what golf ball will be your gamer in 2024?

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Snell MTB Prime

TM M5 9* w Attas COOL

TM Aeroburner 15* w Aldila Tour

Adams Red Hy *18 w Matrix Altus Tour

Srixon 4-PW w KBS Tour FLT

Corey Paul 50•54•58 w KBS 610

Bettinardi Queen Bee 6 w flow neck

Ghost Golf Katana

Snell Prime/Prime X

ProV1X will be my regular gamer. May try the new Bridgestone and Maxfl that are comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Madison bats -

Driver - Callaway Mavrik 10.5*, Reg 55 gram Riptide

3W - Taylor Rocket Ballz 15* R

5W - Taylor Rocket Balls 19* 

Hybrid 22* Rocket Balls R, 25* Hyper Speed R

Irons - 6-P Titleist AP2 712 S TT Gold Hi Launch

W 52, 56, 60 Vokey SM6

Taylormade  Tp5x yellow currently. Have their Tour Response in my bag as well

Tour Edge HL 3 Driver and 3 wood.

3 &4 hybrid Tour Edge HL 2

5 through SW Your Edge Iron Wood

Odyssey White Hot Mallet putter

To early to decide for the whole year. My favorite ball is the Pro V1x and I still have a sleeve that I used for the Mizuno long game test. Not sure why I threw them back in the sleeve but am waiting for a situation for them to speak to me to play them. 

Found and used this year and in the shoebox for next year: Pro V1 and V1x, Chrome soft X LS (used for the last 5 rounds and I like it), AVX, BR XS, Vice Pro plus.

Looking for Odin, Maxfli, couple others mentioned here. They don't seem to be getting lost where I can find them! Judging by found balls at my course, DTC balls aren't as big a thing as they are on the forum.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

I am under the mindset that I will play the Bridgestone XS likely this season, just to give it a go. Had pretty good success with the Z star Diamond last year but what to give my mental game the boost it needs. I do have 4 dozen E9 long drive balls I won that I want to test out and possibly use as a scramble ball or a winter ball or punched green ball.

Edited by Vegan_Golfer_PNW

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Maxfli Tour X, if the temperature is below 60 degrees, if over 60 degrees ProV1. I play in the PNW, so the cold, wind, and wet has an effect. 

I can compress the Maxfli in the winter with the result being very similar playing  characteristics as the ProV1, whereas I can't get the pop off the ProV1 in the winter. 

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk 

ProV1 has been my go to ball for years. But I’m thinking about trying out the Taylormade Response and Callaway ERC.  I’ve played the ChromeSoft and just didn’t like the feel of the ball.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

I usually play the Titleist Tour Speed at my course since there is water on 15/18 holes. That way I don't have to cry when I "donate" a few.

I've been working on a simulator quite a bit this winter and am impressed with the results I'm getting using the TP5 Pix ball.  I may pick up a few dozen to test myself this spring. If all goes well, I could see buying in %100.

Titleist Tsi3/Ts2 woods and hybrids

Titlesit AP3 irons

Clevland CBX wedges

Taylormade mallet or Odyssey White Hot center shaft putter. Depends on the day

I’ve been playing Vice pro soft since the summer here in Washington . Wanted to try the Vice pro plus to see the yardage difference, if any, when I recently went on a golf trip down to Arizona. I was striking pretty well and pleased overall with the Plus’s performance. However once I got back to colder temperatures and lower elevation I switched back to the Vice soft.  Will probably game the softs until it warms up. Overall I have been very pleased with Vice. Check them out if you are looking for quality at a slightly less price than the big boys. Full disclaimer I chose Vice over other DTC brands due to the colors. Shame me if you want but I have trouble seeing and finding white balls with my crappy eyesight. I can’t justify paying $45+ for balls with my play just yet. Plus many of the courses I play can gobble up balls in a hurry. Sticking with one ball definitely helps with confidence in yardage. 

Leif

Either the new Chrome Tour or Chrome Tour X. I'll test both on my LM and take the best one.

They're available Friday so I'll order a box of each and have at it.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I've been gaming the Maxfli Tour.  You can't beat the price for that performance.

Titleist TSR2 10 degree with Ventus Blue 6S

Callaway Super Hybrid 2H VA Slay 85 Stiff

Callaway Super Hybrid 3H 

Srixon ZX 23* -4 driving iron - Aerotech Steelfiber I95 S

Srixon MKII ZX5 (5-A) - Aerotech Steelfiber I95 S

Bettinardi (54, 58)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5S