Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Golf Ball Are You Playing In 2024?

I am sticking with the Srixon Z-Star. I tested different ones a year or two ago, and nothing performs better all across my game for the price. But I have a few notes too.

-My 2nd favorite ball right now is the TP5, it's just a bit more expensive than the Srixon

-The Snell MTB-X/Prime is on my radar due to price, but I don't know enough about them to order 5 dozen

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I am so all over the place golf ball wise. Right now my main seem to be the Q-star Tour Divides for winter and casual rounds, and the Z Star for competition rounds (Veterans Golf Association). Though I do still have like 5 dozen Wilson Triads......I also am a big fan of the Vice Tour and the Maxfli Tour balls.....

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

2023 was the year of testing new golf balls for me.  I was pretty loyal to Srixon QStar Tour balls for a while (plus whatever I found around the course).  I decided to test some direct to customer balls that had some ties with my past.  First, I tried the full set of OnCore balls (Avant 55, Elixr 2020, Elixr 2022 and Vero X1) as I was born, raised and had my career in Western New York.  Overall, I liked each of the balls.  Then I tried the Snell MTB Prime balls (caught a three dozen promotion with towel this summer).  Turns out Dean Snell graduated from the UMass Lowell Plastics Engineering program two years after I did, so I had to give my fellow River Hawk graduate a try.  They also performed well but scuffed pretty easily.  Finally, when MGS had their Maxfli ball promotion this fall, I jumped on purchasing two dozen Maxfli Tour S balls based on the forum's reviews and member comments.  Before the first shipment arrived, I already purchased two more dozen in yellow.  After I put them in play, I knew I found my new go to ball.  Over the next several months, I purchased six more dozen of the Tour S balls (a four dozen pack of white hidden behind the stack of balls and two dozen of custom logo balls with "Golf2Much MyGolfSpy" printed on them).

GolfBallStash.jpg.5d931dbec7f2041f96f03a744f0f6032.jpg  Golf2MuchBalls2.jpg.91211f76962a55253fb6c3f8bce421b2.jpg

As a result, I have several dozen ProV1's, OnCore, Srixon QStar Divides and Snell MTB Prime balls waiting patiently in case the Maxfli balls abandon me.  I'm not expecting that will happen.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

Chrome soft X LS.  Even with my average swing speed it still goes miles and holds greens with zero issue.

plus it’s yellow.  I play yellow balls and prov don’t come in yellow so callaway it is.

IMG_8132.jpeg.8a4a99cf663f6394a383102e00310d62.jpeg

i really… really like them.

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

I haven't decided on what ball I am going to play this year. I am going to try the Maxfli, I may go back to Titleist, I may go to Callaway as I am testing them. I don't think I am going to stick with OnCore. I just played Saddleback Golf Club in Firestone Colorado (NICE COURSE!!!) yesterday and I played both the OnCore Vero X2 and Titleist Pro V1. The Pro V1 out performed the Vero on every aspect. I have several boxes of the Vero so I think I am just going to cycle them out. Those are my thoughts. Happy Birdie Hunting!!!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

I am playing, OK well not playing because I just had back fusion surgery last Thursday and probably won't swing a club in anger until late May or early June, but bought Maxfli Tour in yellow, also want to try Chrome Tour in yellow and AVX in yellow. 

Chrome Tour intrigues me since I like the Chrome Soft X ls in yellow as one of my favorite balls. 

Edited by hoppman

Switched to the Maxfli Tour and X balls late last season and loved the performance and price! Luckily I snagged a great deal at Dick’s Sporting goods and bought 10 dozen. Still have 5dozen of various other brands (Vice,Mizuno,,Titleist Pro v1, and Callaway) but they will remain shelved until  the Maxfli’s disappear…

:callaway-small: Jaws 58 wedge

:callaway-small:Paradym 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, P, AW, GW

:callaway-small: Paradym 3wood, 5wood, 7wood and Driver

:odyssey-small: White hot OG Seven putter

Looks like I have 4 dozen Pro V1's to use up.  Until they are gone, I will be spending time reading test data and reviews about other balls.  Hoping to find a less expensive solution for the future.  

• Driver _ Ping G400 Max
  • Woods _ Ping G410 3 & 5 | Cleveland Launcher XL HALO 7
  • Hybrid _ Titleist 818 H1 5 
  • Irons _ Titleist T300 6-GW
  • Wedges _ Titleist SM9 52F & 56S
  • Putter _ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife Two Bar Hybrid
  • Distance _ Bushnell Phantom 2 GPS | Precision Pro NX7 Pro
  • Ball _ Titleist Pro V1 yellow
  • GHIN _ HCP floats between 8 & 12

:ping-small:  :cleveland-small: :titelist-small:  :vokey-small:   :odyssey-small:  :rife-putters-1:  :918457628_PrecisionPro:  :sunmountain: :Clicgear:   :footjoy-small:  

"Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips"

Played Bridgestone B RX for years. The Maxfli Tour popped up on MGS and Ballnamic results so I tried them last year. The Maxfli is indestructible. After 18 holes it looks like it did on the 1st tee. It's a quality ball and on the MGS tests it showed consistency in manufacturing quality. Whereas the Bridgestone was inconsistent. Although the Maxfli may be a yard or two shorter, the consistency coupled with the price ($25dz on bulk sale) makes it a no brainer for me. My new gamer. 

Take it back and let it go

I stocked up on Srixon Q Star Tours on black friday, so it will be my gamer again this year. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

In 2024 I'll be playing Vice Pro and Maxfli Tour golf balls, in Neon Lime and Yellow, respectively. During 2023 I played Vice Pro Softs for most of the season, but when I tried the Pros late in the year I found that I like the latter better around the greens. The Maxflis have really similar performance.

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Srixon Z-Star Diamond! This is the most under appreciated ball on the market right now. Check out the data from 2023 provided by MySpy. This ball flies extremely well and can lock the brakes up on the green like only a few others can. If you get chance check them out, you’ll be excited about the results.

I’m a 8-9 handicap 

Edited by AJWilke

1 hour ago, ZackS said:

I started using the Srixon Z Star Diamond last year and still happy with it. But during testing I couldn’t have gone with the Chrome Soft X as well as I was getting virtually the same results. So I am very interested in testing the Chrome Tour X especially because I have have also Ben thinking about trying the tru track options for the putting feedback. Also plan on testing the the Bridgestone balls as well. 

I was playing Srixon Z star XV all last season until I tested the ODIN X1.  Made the switch in December, it matched/beat the Srixon across the board.  You should check them out.  Find my review here

Edited by LinksgolfFever

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

6 minutes ago, Parshooter36 said:

I stocked up on Srixon Q Star Tours on black friday, so it will be my gamer again this year. 

I wanted to like these so bad (Had the divides), but I found them incredibly short off the tee compared to my other balls.

LOVED them around the green though.

Stack Referral code

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

Wilson Smart Core, Callaway Soft, and Titleist True Feel

My favorite course balls I find are Titleist Pro V1x, Bridgestone e12s, Vice, and Callaway Chrome.

At my skill level, I have found that I like the performance of 'new' golf balls over used balls, in most cases.  I buy cheaper new golf balls when I find an under $20 deal on Amazon.

Hit em straight and not too often.

AK

Alan K

32 minutes ago, skraeling said:

Chrome soft X LS.  Even with my average swing speed it still goes miles and holds greens with zero issue.

plus it’s yellow.  I play yellow balls and prov don’t come in yellow so callaway it is.

IMG_8132.jpeg.8a4a99cf663f6394a383102e00310d62.jpeg

i really… really like them.

Im.curious about these. I was told they were not bringing back the triple track or yellow in the new Tour series.  Hope it's not true.  What is the difference on the chrome soft X and the Chrome soft regular?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 minute ago, Rob Person said:

Im.curious about these. I was told they were not bringing back the triple track or yellow in the new Tour series.  Hope it's not true.  What is the difference on the chrome soft X and the Chrome soft regular?

chrome soft = highest spinning

chrome soft X = slightly less

Chrome soft X LS = even less.

These X LS are the 2023 model, no clue about 2024 for anything callaway plans.  I dont plan to go anywhere near the chrome tours yet.  Ive got the ball I like at least for now.

Stack Referral code

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°