Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow the testers main post via the links below!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS
@Jmikecpa - Main Testing Post
@GolfSpy_BEN - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Standard
 @IndyBonzo - Main Testing Post
@EMacK1961 - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Max 10K
@Hook DeLoft - Main Testing Post
@Michael.Sandoval33 - Main Testing Post

47 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Unfortunately on this outdoor trackman it doesn't have the ability to a show the impact points and today I forgot to bring my Dr. Scholls "Impact Spray" to check where the face was making contact. The launch angles are definitely higher than they were previously. So it could very well be tee placement.

Edit: I also have never hit the Qi10 this many times in one session. I think my disbelief at the results wore through.

The Dr scholls trick is one of favorites. Not perfect but way cheaper than renting a sim bay 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

Just now, jbern said:

It looks like you hit 25+ shots with the Dr. Here is my suggestion for dialing things in; I usually hit about 3-5 shots in each hosel setting position and see which setting gives me the best carry distance. Then I take it to the course or an outdoor range and make sure I like the flight. 

No need to take my suggestion, just letting you know how I go about it. It's always fun hitting balls on the range now matter how things are going!

I think this is a great idea. It seems I am somewhere in between lofts. I believe it was 27 total and my usual is 5-7. But then again, the results were dumbfounding to me. I was even tweaking the swing to change the angle of attack and was still seeing high trajectory numbers. 

8 minutes ago, BreakfastBall15 said:

The Dr scholls trick is one of favorites. Not perfect but way cheaper than renting a sim bay 

And even about 1/4 of the price of actual impact spray! It is also nice for testing toe/heel hits. Should just leave it in the bag but as it gets warmer I don't want it to explode on me. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

28 minutes ago, Jean D said:

Quick range update from yesterday 100 balls hit, split 50/50.

Cleveland Launcher Halo XL

Avg Club Head Speed: 94.5mph (best speed: 97.6mph)

Avg Carry: 218yds (best 227yds)

Avg Total: 234yds (best 241yds)

Avg Spin: 2690 (highest: 3719/lowest 2437)

TM Qi10Max:

Avg Club Head Speed: 104mph (best 107.3mph)

Avg Carry: 246yds (best 263yds)

Avg Total: 261yds (best 281yds)

Avg Spin: 2230 (highest: 2556/lowest 2166)

Overall, I am finding the Qi10 to give me faster club head speed, better carry and total yardage with much lower spin… but more importantly, my dispersion has shrunk by a huge amount.  I am now hitting the fairway (virtual or driving range- season not opened here in Ottawa yet!) 70% or more, where I am at best 50% on the Cleveland. Shafts are also different (TM: Tensei AV Blue Limited 65R/ XL: Cypher  Fifty 6.0S) and am finding the Tensei easier to hit with by a fair margin) 

I was using the range balls (Titleist RANGE- which felt like Pro V1’s… hard as a rock, yuck!) where I have been playing on the sim with the TM TP5 (2024).  Huge difference in feel with the Qi10Max and forgiveness is through the roof on off-center hits.

Jean

You really let loose with Qi10 🔥! Where'd all that extra club speed come from? Is the Cypher a stiff flex shaft?

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

26 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I think this is a great idea. It seems I am somewhere in between lofts. I believe it was 27 total and my usual is 5-7. But then again, the results were dumbfounding to me. I was even tweaking the swing to change the angle of attack and was still seeing high trajectory numbers. 

And even about 1/4 of the price of actual impact spray! It is also nice for testing toe/heel hits. Should just leave it in the bag but as it gets warmer I don't want it to explode on me. 

I like it to see where on the face I’m hitting. It not perfect but I’m also not a huge numbers guy after getting fit. During the fitting process it makes sense but after that I don’t have a launch monitor to bring to the range with me.  

I made the mistake of leaving sunscreen in my bag last summer… let’s just say it’s still not totally clean. 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

1 hour ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

today I forgot to bring my Dr. Scholls "Impact Spray" to check where the face was making contact

Another option would be something like this. Not quite as cheap as Dr. Scholl but less messy. All sorts of variations on this at Amazon and golf shop websites.

https://www.amazon.com/CHAMPKEY-Premium-Golf-Impact-Tape/dp/B0BTV4352G/?th=1

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

44 minutes ago, Jean D said:

Quick range update from yesterday 100 balls hit, split 50/50.

Cleveland Launcher Halo XL

Avg Club Head Speed: 94.5mph (best speed: 97.6mph)

Avg Carry: 218yds (best 227yds)

Avg Total: 234yds (best 241yds)

Avg Spin: 2690 (highest: 3719/lowest 2437)

TM Qi10Max:

Avg Club Head Speed: 104mph (best 107.3mph)

Avg Carry: 246yds (best 263yds)

Avg Total: 261yds (best 281yds)

Avg Spin: 2230 (highest: 2556/lowest 2166)

Overall, I am finding the Qi10 to give me faster club head speed, better carry and total yardage with much lower spin… but more importantly, my dispersion has shrunk by a huge amount.  I am now hitting the fairway (virtual or driving range- season not opened here in Ottawa yet!) 70% or more, where I am at best 50% on the Cleveland. Shafts are also different (TM: Tensei AV Blue Limited 65R/ XL: Cypher  Fifty 6.0S) and am finding the Tensei easier to hit with by a fair margin) 

I was using the range balls (Titleist RANGE- which felt like Pro V1’s… hard as a rock, yuck!) where I have been playing on the sim with the TM TP5 (2024).  Huge difference in feel with the Qi10Max and forgiveness is through the roof on off-center hits.

Jean

Wow! 10 mph increase in club head speed is HUGE! That's wild that the Cleveland setup is slowing you down that much. 

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

2 hours ago, jbern said:

Wow! 10 mph increase in club head speed is HUGE! That's wild that the Cleveland setup is slowing you down that much. 

Funny thing is that the XL is actually 8g-9g lighter than the Qi10.  I was alternating shots : 5 on one then the other to be as unbiased and 'scientific' as possible. More range this weekend then playing 18 on Sunday on the ION/Full Swing sim. More details to follow.

Edited by Jean D

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) chosen as one of the lucky testers of the Autoflex Dream 7 shaft!!!

Hybrids: Taylomade Qi10 3 & 4 Rescue (Ventus TR  HB Blue 6R)

Irons: Taylormade Qi 5-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0

New Gamer Ball: Taylormade 2024  TP5x 

1 hour ago, KC Golf said:

As the test progresses, would love to see with pics, how the club face is wearing or not wearing out. I saw this excess wear in the Stealth 2, so hopefully the Q10 fixes this issue.

These are great club head speed numbers!

I have a few friends who play the Stealth 2 and have seen the wear... fingers crossed the Qi10 has indeed fixed that particular issue.  Will happily share pics of the face.  I have between 400-500 shots on it now, not seeing any signs of wear yet (fingers crossed!)

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) chosen as one of the lucky testers of the Autoflex Dream 7 shaft!!!

I just posted an update to my review post looking at retention of ball speed on off center hits and spin rates with a launch monitor.  Yesterday, I played 18 but my swing was so out of whack that it would not be fair to the driver to post on course results.  To give you an idea of how bad I was swinging the club, at one point I was standing on the tee of a par 3 thinking I could hit anything from gap wedge to 6 iron and get pretty much the same result.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

12 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I just posted an update to my review post looking at retention of ball speed on off center hits and spin rates with a launch monitor.  Yesterday, I played 18 but my swing was so out of whack that it would not be fair to the driver to post on course results.  To give you an idea of how bad I was swinging the club, at one point I was standing on the tee of a par 3 thinking I could hit anything from gap wedge to 6 iron and get pretty much the same result.

I guess I should clarify that last sentence. I was hitting the ball thin or fat all day. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

20 hours ago, cnosil said:

Lighter doesn't always mean faster;  you obviously respond better to a heavier club.  

Preach brother, preach!

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

On 2/12/2024 at 2:59 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced!

image.png

The TaylorMade Qi10 drivers were one of our most requested products for member testing. It is no surprise to see why, either, with several PGA Tour pros putting them into their bags immediately from launch, and even Colin Morikawa finally replacing his original TaylorMade SIM in favor of the new TaylorMade Qi10 Max. Yes, that’s correct—a tour player using the Max head.

About The TaylorMade Qi10 Series

The series of drivers consists of three models: the Qi10 Max, Qi10 LS (low spin), and Qi10 Standard. Each has slightly different weight placements, but only the LS model includes a moveable weight.

The big story for these drivers is forgiveness. TaylorMade has created its first driver with 10k MOI points. To read all the finer details of why this matters, you can see our full overview here: TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers First Look 

The shorter version is TaylorMade has leveraged a multi-material design, relocated mass, and improved shapes to achieve maximum forgiveness within each model while claiming to still retain all the speed (and therefore distance) characteristics.

Other big changes to the driver include the face and crown. Where previous versions for years had a clear distinction between where the titanium support met the carbon crown, the Qi10 features a clean glossy black crown with a new blue carbon face. The blue replaces the red of the Stealth models and is their third generation of carbon driver face.

image.png

Please welcome and congratulate our 6 testers!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS
@Jmikecpa
@GolfSpy_BEN

TaylorMade Qi10 Standard
@IndyBonzo
@EMacK1961

TaylorMade Qi10 Max
@Hook DeLoft
@Michael.Sandoval33

Well done can't wait to see how they perform for average golfers. 

20 hours ago, Jean D said:

I have a few friends who play the Stealth 2 and have seen the wear... fingers crossed the Qi10 has indeed fixed that particular issue.  Will happily share pics of the face.  I have between 400-500 shots on it now, not seeing any signs of wear yet (fingers crossed!)

... I don't usually hit range balls as I play 4 or 5 times a week so the sandy range balls didn't touch the face of my Stealth2 HD and after about 1,500 tee shots, it still looks new. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

17 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I don't usually hit range balls as I play 4 or 5 times a week so the sandy range balls didn't touch the face of my Stealth2 HD and after about 1,500 tee shots, it still looks new. 

This range has new, clean balls (no debris, cracks or sand anywhere). Many other ranges have damaged and dirty range balls- I avoid those places. Not risking my investment in new clubs !!

2 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

This is the face after 27 hits on the range yesterday and regular useIMG20240309091517.jpg.4f9fb4663b20dcc38f919e7c124932fa.jpg

Holding up well so far. 

Yeah, you can't tell from that photo that that clubface has been introduced to any balls yet.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

1 hour ago, Jmikecpa said:

Finally got some good range time in with the Qi10 LS now that we had a break in the NY rainy season. Goal was to try and get some baseline numbers with my monitor but Mother Nature had other plans and it rained just hard enough to make it not possible.  I can’t say enough how good this looks behind the ball, really like the new crown and the white line on the top of the face. The driver just frames the ball so well and looks like a rocket launcher.  I did add 2g of weight to the head and now it feels about where I want it. From a performance side it is a bit mixed right now. Hitting garbage range balls with a low spin head is just not great and was causing me to adjust to the conditions.  High toe was not a good miss at all with the balls I was hitting today.  I am really excited to see how this performs on the course in the wind as early results are point and shoot. I can just tee it a bit lower and let it rip.  Booked some time tomorrow to hit balls with my daughter on Trackman so I can get some solid numbers. Hopefully I will get some on course time next week as most courses in the area open on Friday. 

Did you go from the standard 2 g to 4 g? I have been curious about adding a bit more weight to the head, so I’ll be following your results with interest 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman