Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Ten equipment errors……

Javs

I feel pretty good, I only really violate one of the top ten rules.  My current Edison wedges are three years old and have about 500 rounds on them.  They really don't look anything like the article's comparison photos, however, it might be worth looking at Edison 2's!  

The article goes on to suggest that people of my meager swing speed should have a driver loft between 12 and 14 degrees.  Right now I'm hitting my Ping G430 Max HL pretty well (accuracy and distance wise) at 10.5 degrees.  It might be worth adjusting it up and seeing the results.  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

Good article and I am happy to say I at least meet those tem items lol. The biggest win for me was when I bought my new irons I bought only 6-PW. I use hybrids for my 4-5 and I have 3 wedges that I play with for anything shorter than PW. This has been a game changer for me. My misses are not as severe and usually distance is fine with a hybrid allowing me to recover from an errant shot. I would highly recommend others doing the same thing. Like I tell my son, just because you have hit it well in the past, doesn't mean it's the right class. It's what you consistently do with it that matters. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 9:24 AM, jdischy said:

Good article and I am happy to say I at least meet those tem items lol. The biggest win for me was when I bought my new irons I bought only 6-PW. I use hybrids for my 4-5 and I have 3 wedges that I play with for anything shorter than PW. This has been a game changer for me. My misses are not as severe and usually distance is fine with a hybrid allowing me to recover from an errant shot. I would highly recommend others doing the same thing. Like I tell my son, just because you have hit it well in the past, doesn't mean it's the right class. It's what you consistently do with it that matters. 

I was in a similar boat when I got new irons. Previous set had a 4 iron that I rarely used if at all. Dropped it, picked up a 4 hybrid and longest irons is a 5. Now the grips mentioned... I'm super guilty of that.

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

Finally!  Shout it from the roof tops and then even louder for the people in the back.

#7 Choosing Blades

"There isn’t a single performance reason why an amateur golfer should be using bladed irons."

Love it!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

3 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

Finally!  Shout it from the roof tops and then even louder for the people in the back.

#7 Choosing Blades

"There isn’t a single performa nce reason why an amateur golfer should be using bladed irons."

Love it!

Well I know that I played them for years and finally a couple years ago switched into Players CBs and even GI' to super GI in my long irons and within one summer season went from 14 to 10hdcp and will soon see single digits

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1