Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Hydration

Am I crazy or what?  I just can't find the ultimate hydration/focus/calm energy feel I think I need for a round.  There are drinks and supplements most of us use for some of this but it always seems to be missing something.  I think I'm going to go down the path of creating exactly what we need.  I'm sure it'll be a bit of a journey so if you'd like to follow along let me know or if there's interest I can share the process here?  I'm sure there might be some of you that'd like to provide ideas and thoughts or at least see the process, success or failure? lol  I just think we put so much focus on improving our game with other tools, swing fixes, etc, but there has to be a way to do the same by just having a calm, mental clarity and energy to be able to focus on each stroke (however many there are;)

Driver: Srixon ZX7

3W & 7W: Srixon ZX

5-PW: Taylor Made M2

50, 52, 60: Cleveland CBX2

Putter: TM White Smoke

Hydration is easy water plus electrolytes. Many ignore the electrolytes during a round and many also don’t hydrate enough in general and are always playing catchup.

There are tons of supplements for focus and concentration. Creatine, choline, ashwaganda, b vitamins, magnesium, caffeine 

It’s a matter of determining what works for you, you could even consider some cbs products for that.

Beta blockers if you want to go that route.

A lot of it will come down the health choices one makes each day. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I agree, And this is kind of my point I guess.  There are lots of different solutions out there.  And yes, the hydration part shouldn't be a challenge.  I guess it's finding all the effects in one spot, conveniently without having to add this or that or sprinkle this in and a dash of that. 

Driver: Srixon ZX7

3W & 7W: Srixon ZX

5-PW: Taylor Made M2

50, 52, 60: Cleveland CBX2

Putter: TM White Smoke

1 hour ago, Kootenayguy said:

I agree, And this is kind of my point I guess.  There are lots of different solutions out there.  And yes, the hydration part shouldn't be a challenge.  I guess it's finding all the effects in one spot, conveniently without having to add this or that or sprinkle this in and a dash of that. 

Probably not going to find it all in one spot.

you may find some that have some of the ingredients combined but that’s going to be very rare.

Hydration is pretty simple just buy lmnt packets and put them in your a water or use a drink like body armor that has them in it already. One body armor or one lmnt packet a day is all one needs along with good water consumption.

for the focus and such. Figure out which 1-2 or supplements you think address your needs and get those. Most one should be taking everyday anyways like b vitamins, d3. Magnesium has multiple health benefits and then mix in ashwaganda and or coq10.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I've never felt held back by a lack of hydration on a golf course.  To my knowledge, supplements that claim to increase focus or calm, or things like that, are making scientifically dubious claims.  'Brain health' supplements that have been shown to work, need to be used over time to show results.

A bottle of water and a bit of caffeine seems to be plenty for me.  For that matter, beer and a joint works too.

4 hours ago, Brooky03 said:

I've never felt held back by a lack of hydration on a golf course.  To my knowledge, supplements that claim to increase focus or calm, or things like that, are making scientifically dubious claims.  'Brain health' supplements that have been shown to work, need to be used over time to show results.

A bottle of water and a bit of caffeine seems to be plenty for me.  For that matter, beer and a joint works too.

There are studies about many of the “brain” supplements. Not all supplement companies just put stuff out there. There are scientific backings to the product and the ingredients.

One just needs to spend time doing actual research on the products and not calling everything snake oil

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

There are studies about many of the “brain” supplements. Not all supplement companies just put stuff out there. There are scientific backings to the product and the ingredients.

One just needs to spend time doing actual research on the products and not calling everything snake oil

I didn't intend to give you the impression I dismiss everything as snake oil.  I was speaking from experience looking into specific supplements like B vitamins and omega-3s.  In the case of B vitamins, drinks like 5 Hour Energy that claim the B vitamins are doing anything to improve short term energy are bunk.  As with any vitamins, your body hits a limit and dumps the rest.  Where B vitamin supplements are useful is over prolonged periods of time if you are deficient to begin with.  Likewise, an omega-3 pill isn't going to help you that day.  Taking it over time will help you.

This thread is about a drink/supplement that would help in short order; at least, that seemed to be the implication.  Furthermore, "focus" and "calm" and other terms in those categories are intentionally nebulous and nearly impossible to quantify.  Are you more focused if you have more energy?  Maybe, maybe not.  Are you calmer if your blood pressure or heart rate is lower?  Maybe, maybe not.

Edited by Brooky03

.  Where B vitamin supplements are useful is over prolonged periods of time if you are deficient to begin with.  Likewise, an omega-3 pill isn't going to help you that day.  Taking it over time will help you.

Well of course. Just like drinking water the night before a round and not drinking any during the week isn’t going to be beneficial but over longer use and time the body will be hydrated, but just water alone isn’t good.

This thread is about a drink/supplement that would help in short order; at least, that seemed to be the implication

Yes the op is looking for it for a round which is a short period and there are things like caffeine that can do that. 

While 5 star energy isn’t the route I would go there are supplement and energy drinks that have proven ingredients that for short term use work.

You may not believe in them and that’s ok, but there are tested and proven ones out there