Red marked area Question

If taking lateral relief from a red marked area puts my drop point onto a cart path, do I then get nearest point of relief from there? Even if the nearest point of relief is on the fairway, providing it is no closer to the hole?

Hope I explained that correctly.

Thank you

Koopdaville 

13 minutes ago, Koopdaville said:

If taking lateral relief from a red marked area puts my drop point onto a cart path, do I then get nearest point of relief from there? Even if the nearest point of relief is on the fairway, providing it is no closer to the hole?

You first take the lateral relief.   As you stated that puts you on the cart path.  You can then take appropriate relief from the cart path.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

17 minutes ago, Koopdaville said:

Thank you

In these situations, you take things one step at a time.  As @cnosil says, you take penalty relief from the red Penalty Area (Rule 17.1).  Then you have a brand new situation, and if relief is warranted from something else, like the cart path, then you may choose to take that relief.  If you're lucky enough that free relief from the path can put you in the fairway, good for you.  But remember, the Nearest Point of Complete Relief isn't always in a good spot, it could be back towards the Penalty Area.   The NPCR also requires that your stance and areas of swing is clear of the path.  You might even have to stand in the Penalty Area to play your shot after taking cart path relief.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia