HZRDUS black RDX 6.0 v Aldila Rogue Silver X

Has anyone done a comparison between the HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 and Aldila Rogue Silver in X flex?

I've got both shafts, currently using the Rogue but wondered how a 6.0 HZRDUS shaft compares to an X flex Rogue.

I know the obvious answer is try both, which I will, but just looking for some more info.

Cheers

Steve 

:cobra-small: Aerojet  🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small: JPX921SEL 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 120 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

How they compare for anyone is irrelevant to how they will perform for you or how they will compare for you. Posting this myth below.

The designs are very different and the hzrdus line is a stiffer design than the rogue. The black is beefier in the middle.

Your statement about just try them is really the only answer and way for you to figure out how they compare

Myth #5 – How a shaft plays and performs for one golfer or group of golfers is important for other golfers to know to be able to make a proper shaft selection

Only if the golfers involved all happen to have EXACTLY, and I mean exactly, the same swing characteristics is someone else’s experience with a particular shaft of any importance. And how often do two or more golfers swing exactly the same way? 

I can’t tell you how many times I have scanned posts on golf equipment internet forums from golfers who ask a question such as, “has anyone tried the XYZ shaft and what do you think of it?” Invariably, almost every golfer’s response comes back citing this or that personal opinion or playing result without ever saying one thing about any of their specific swing characteristics. 

In addition, numerous times I have heard a golfer comment about a shaft to say something like, “that XYZ shaft is really a bad shaft. If golfers knew that shaft performance is so tied to specific golf swing characteristics they would say instead, “that shaft is probably a good shaft for some other golfer, but it is a bad shaft FOR ME AND MY SPECIFIC SWING CHARACTERISTICS.” 

There is no such thing as a good shaft or a bad shaft in this game. There are only shafts that fit their owners and shafts that do not fit their owners. More than any other component, the performance of the shaft is completely related to a series of finite, specific swing and playing characteristics – your clubhead speed, your transition move to start the downswing, your downswing aggressiveness/tempo, the point during the downswing when you unhinge your wrist-**** angle to release the club to impact and whether you as a golfer do or do not have a specific, preferred sense for the bending feel of the shaft during the swing.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

How they compare for anyone is irrelevant to how they will perform for you or how they will compare for you. 

True.  But sometimes its fun to find out how others feel about different equipment and compare notes.  That's why we have this forum in part.  Sharing experience of the game we love to hate to love is an enjoyable part of my day.  It's like watching self-help golf videos; you might find something that works for you, but IMO its mostly about immersing myself in the game. 

I game the Smoke Black in my Stealth 2, and have used the Aldus Silver that I brought over from a previous driver.  The Smoke works best for me, as RB says it seems to play stiffer for me than the Rogue Silver.  Also, the Smoke seems to resist twisting better than the Rogue.  I don't have any cool super slomo video like Taylormade's Q10 [thats a way cool vid], just my own feel.  Your mileage may vary.  Have fun with it!

Edited by GolferXY

-XY
BALL:  Titleist ProV1X
WOODS: Taylormade Stealth2 +, Callaway Epic Flash 3-wood
4- HYBRID: Stealth 2, stiff
IRONS: Ping i525, 6 - W, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
WEDGES: Titleist SM9 52, 56, 60
PUTTER: L.A.B Mezz Max Broomstick
BAG: Ping Pioneer 
CART: MGI electric

Just now, GolferXY said:

True.  But sometimes its fun to find out how others feel about different equipment and compare notes.  That's why we have this forum in part.  Sharing experience of the game we love to hate to love is an enjoyable part of my day.  It's like watching self-help golf videos; you might find something that works for you, but IMO its mostly about immersing myself in the game. 

Sure getting others experience is great for general conversation. Or to show how two people who claim to have similar swing characteristics like a smooth swing or that state their swing speed or handicap get different results. But how shafts compare between each other is only relevant to the user 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

So I actually have both shafts, along with 5 or 6 others, for TaylorMade drivers. Personally, I fight a high ball flight with high spin. I’ve found the Aldila Rogue Silver 110 X-stiff is the best of all shafts I have used to mitigate my spin issues. I pair it with my 8* drivers that I always crank down to 6*.

Other models I’ve tested include Evenflow, Graphite Design, and HZDS Smoke models. All are the low spin, low launch variations. I keep coming back to my Aldous Rogue.

I love the weight, tip stiffness, closer to the handle flex, and look (personal preference!). I was fit for it 5 or 6 years ago when I bought the Sim driver. It’s lived in a Sim, Sim 2, Stealth plus, Stealth 2 plus, and probably the Qi10. Yes, I know I have a problem. 

Hope this helps. 

• Driver: image.png.c67e4844d8a191f8afb6a4e307a65ffa.png Stealth 8* turned down to 6* X-Stiff, Graphite Design Tour AD XC-6
  • 3 Wood: image.png.a1548764b69c6d3406f6f9f1ab1acd22.png Sim 14* X-Stiff, Aldila Rogue Silver
  • 2 Iron/2 Hybrid: Mizuno image.png.e2dedc2a71191940659367b8fac460ef.png MP-20 HMB, Graphite Design Tour AD; image.png.f066373041037bed32d08e715a7127f2.png Forged Tec set to 17* X-Stiff, Catalyst 6.0
  • P-4 Irons: image.png.d0a79f435e2331981ac11a33dd54e77a.png MP20, Dynamic Gold X100 
  • Wedges:  image.png.5e4bb78c97a6cf70133b4dfd9b768747.png Vokey SM9 50 degree 08F, 56 degree 08M and 60 degree 08M
  • My Putter: image.png.dce9f23e6ed6368fab8361d0c072c157.png B.2, LA Golf Shaft
  • Ball: image.png.0ca81de9028caab738d4428af820440f.png AVX
  • 5.3 Handicapped; Right Hander; from Salt Lake City, Utah

A lot will depend on weight and the MSI rating on the Rogue Silver, if it's 130 MSI, it's  night and day to the other models- let's not forget also it has a certain amount of conunter-balance compared to the Smoke Black.

I played the HZARDUS Smoke Black RDX in 6.0 for some time and found it to be dependable with decent feel for a tip stiff shaft. I didn't care for the Rogue Silver as it didn't have the feel (like for like weight and flex) I was looking for. Spin and launch was higher with the Aldila for me.

Generally, the HZARDUS is stiffer in the tip and mid section and has a softer butt than the Rouge Silver, which has a noticably softer mid section.

At the end of the day, it's all about weight, feel and dispersion, so if you find one that outshines the other you should stick with it rather than relying on opinion.

Thanks for the replies guys, really helpful.

I've now tried both shafts and the Rogue is the best for me.

Dropped the loft to 9° and dispersion was much better with the Rogue with a more suitable ball flight. 

:cobra-small: Aerojet  🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small: JPX921SEL 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 120 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..