Mindset on the course

JCole

I was wondering what your(everyone’s) mindset on the course is? Is your goal to just beat the guys in your group or are you trying to beat the course? For me it’s me verse the course, if I can make par or better I beat the course..

Ping v2 raptor driver

ray cook sr900 putter

All I can do is control my own game.  I want to score the lowest score I can and that can potentially beat the people I am playing with.   I not sure you can beat the course.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Depends on what’s going on within the group. If there’s no betting then I’m only focused on executing the shots in front of me and trying to shoot my best score.

if there’s betting then it’s a combo beating them and having my best round

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Relaxed mind and focused on one shot at a time. Lou Stagner on Twitter (kudos to @GolfSpy MPR for his phenomenal work with Lou’s socials) has opened my mind to a very pragmatic approach to my game. 

I’ve found success by becoming more pragmatic around the course. 

I will make bogeys. I will hit a giant push block miss. I will miss hit an iron and leave it short. 

Im more honest about my limitations and it’s made my game better. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Playing with friends we never bet or play competitive games, so I am generally relaxed and focus on each shot, but also enjoy the company and surroundings. In league play, pretty much the same demeanor but a little more sense of urgency and anxiety.

I don’t care what anyone else shoots unless with one guy is a mid 20s index and gets extremely angrier with each bad shot.  And there are a lot of them.  I rarely play with him now.  I play with plenty of others that are 20s indexed and their wives and it’s always enjoyable. 

In my league, there are so many that I’ve never played with anyone I know, and I’m not really a morning person with having to warm up on the range around 8am but not tee off until 9am.  I have to do so much stretching and prep before I even leave the house it just feels like a rush. I think all of that increases my anxiety.  

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour