Treating bad or mediocre rounds as learning experience

Shot my worst round this year. A 81 on a par 70 6100 yards.Course was In great shape with all trouble on the left.My miss is usually left; so it was a rough one.Im going thru some major swing changes and ideals using Monte’s teaching.Some would be a little upset at a mediocre score on a very easy course.But I actually relished the bad shots wanting to know why and how they happened.Anyone else treat a sub par playing performance as a learning experience ?

I treat every round as a learning experience and every practice session as a learning experience. Just like I treat every gym session as one. You can learn from both good and bad.

if you read Dr Bob Rotella he talks about remembering the good shots and even keeping a diary. So you can pull in that experience. 

I hear you all, and I certainly understand the good from evaluating mistakes and learning from them. I also try not to let a bad(don't like that word) or less that good round get me down...for too long. By the time I get home I try to just move on. Easier said than done, but I try.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

For me I’m really lucky in that I can  keep a mix of playing rounds and practice days during the week. For example, I played Wednesday, and noticed I was having issues with approach shots from heavy rough, and pitch shots in the 20-50 yard range. So yesterday I went to the range and short game area to work on hitting out if heavy rough and approach shots. On the course, I will intentionally plan for a round to be a practice round before the first tee. I won’t keep score. I won’t hesitate to hit a second ball to try different things like an approach shot where I’m blocked by trees above, etc. Of course I’ll always respect pace of play and keep my music low. Haha

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black