TaylorMade P-Series and Hi-Toe 4 Wedges - 2024 Forum Review

Very much looking forward to the read on all 3 of these models. Very curious to see feedback from the irons especially. Have fun with the test!

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 10* | Taylor Made Mini Driver 13.5* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Haywood CB/MB combo set (4-7 CB; 8-PW MB) | Edison 2.0 wedges 51*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

Congratulations to the very well chosen testers. @Byrnzee and @Shapotomous looking forward to your thoughts and results on the P7 CB’s. They look like a worthy successor to the old P760’s

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, TM MG4 SB 48*/09*, HB 54*/13*, TW 60*/11*, Accra ICWT 95 M4

Putter: L.A.B. DF3, TPT shaft, pistol grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

1 hour ago, 3Putt4Double said:

Welcome to the forum.. That name is depressing though lol

Says a guy named 3 putt for double!  😂

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Can't thank the MGS staff enough for this incredible opportunity!  Excited to see what the other testers find in their tests, especially @Indy_Oz who I'll be testing the P-770s along side. 

For now it's patiently waiting for a fitting! 

Thank you again to MGS for this chance to bring some light to these new irons!!

"We're weekend golfers. Of course we just buy gear off the racks and wonder why it doesn't work"

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

TWFeature.jpg

TaylorMade has introduced three new products designed to elevate your golf game: the P·770 Irons, P·7CB Irons, and the Hi-Toe 4 Wedge. We’re looking for six golfers—two for each product—to test, review, and keep these clubs. This is your chance to see if TaylorMade’s claims hold up when these clubs are put to the test by real golfers like you!

What you’ll be testing

TaylorMade P·770 Irons: These irons are crafted for golfers who desire a blend of distance and forgiveness within a compact design. The hollow body construction with SpeedFoam Air aims to combine power with precision, while also providing a soft feel on impact. They’re said to be perfect for those who want to shape their shots without compromising on distance.

TaylorMade P·7CB Irons: Aimed at golfers who value precision, these cavity-back irons blend a traditional look with modern engineering. They are built to deliver high levels of control and feedback, allowing for a variety of shot shapes. This should make them a top choice for those who prioritize accuracy and feel.

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 4 Wedge: This wedge is designed for versatility in short-game scenarios. Featuring full-face grooves and a high-toe design, it’s engineered to enhance spin and control, especially when executing open-faced shots. It’s intended to perform well in a range of conditions and lies, making it a go-to option for short-game enthusiasts.

TWFeature (3).jpg

Please welcome and congratulate our testers!

P-770 - @Indy_Oz @LeakyValve 

P-7CB - @Shapotomous @Byrnzee 

Hi-Toe 4 Wedges - @Flanpro @jaz29

Alrighty dighhty folks - time to see those balls fly…good luck testers…will be a great test series! 

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Congrats.. awesome testing opportunity.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Congrats to a great group of testers on your selection! really looking forward to your comments and results with these clubs!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Congratulations to this great group of testers.

Looking forward to all the comments and reviews.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Rock on!  This set of testings is going to be read and re-read a bazillion times!  Good luck to all and congrats!

Driver - Ping G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - Ping G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - Ping G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - TM M3 steel fiber  i110

Ping Glide 3.0 - 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

Congrats testers.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Live Life...oh and golf a lot!

In the Bag:

Driver & 3 Wood: Titleist TSi3                Hybrids: Callaway Paradym and Ping

Irons: Mizuno 225 Pro  (5-PW)               Wedges: Taylormade MG4 50*, Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*, Ping Glide 4.0 60* (Vokeys are resting downstairs right now 😁

Putter: Alternate between Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 and Scotty Cameron Phantom 12.5

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

TWFeature.jpg

TaylorMade has introduced three new products designed to elevate your golf game: the P·770 Irons, P·7CB Irons, and the Hi-Toe 4 Wedge. We’re looking for six golfers—two for each product—to test, review, and keep these clubs. This is your chance to see if TaylorMade’s claims hold up when these clubs are put to the test by real golfers like you!

What you’ll be testing

TaylorMade P·770 Irons: These irons are crafted for golfers who desire a blend of distance and forgiveness within a compact design. The hollow body construction with SpeedFoam Air aims to combine power with precision, while also providing a soft feel on impact. They’re said to be perfect for those who want to shape their shots without compromising on distance.

TaylorMade P·7CB Irons: Aimed at golfers who value precision, these cavity-back irons blend a traditional look with modern engineering. They are built to deliver high levels of control and feedback, allowing for a variety of shot shapes. This should make them a top choice for those who prioritize accuracy and feel.

TaylorMade Hi-Toe 4 Wedge: This wedge is designed for versatility in short-game scenarios. Featuring full-face grooves and a high-toe design, it’s engineered to enhance spin and control, especially when executing open-faced shots. It’s intended to perform well in a range of conditions and lies, making it a go-to option for short-game enthusiasts.

TWFeature (3).jpg

Congradulations testers.  Tell us what's up. 

Titleist 718, scotty, PXG

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

TWFeature.jpg

TWFeature (3).jpg

Congrats testers!! Those P770's have my attention and I'll be watching very closely. I'm also curious to see how the wedges perform compared to others that have gone through testing. Good luck all!!

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

TWFeature.jpg

What you’ll be testing

TWFeature (3).jpg

Congrats to all testers! I love the look of the 770s. Didn't hit them overly well at a demo day a couple weeks ago, so I'm probably more in line with the 790s. Doesn't mean I won't revisit them down the line. Definitely going to be a fun test to follow!

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Just landed from a 9+ hour flight from Italy, so will get my intro up later. But just wanted to say how honored and humbled I am to be selected for a test of this magnitude. I hope to do the Forum proud and put these beautiful CBs through the wringer!

Edited by Byrnzee

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425 Max 9.0º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Red Velocore 7S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: default_odyssey-small.jpg.a7dc06ee6fc9b8df09953a46df717684.jpg Ai-ONE Jailbird Mini DB 35"

Ball:  Maxfli_new(1).png.543c09044d6b6e8a80c748512567d803.png Tour X

Congrats to all on here - awesome opportunity! Looking forward to hearing about the CBs and those tasty wedges

:callaway-small: Callaway X 416
:mizuno-small: Hybrid 19° - JPX850
:cobra-small: Baffler 23° Hybrid
:mizuno-small: Irons - MPH4 5-PW
:vokey-small:SM7 54°
:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore Full-Face 50° & 58°
RUNNER Mallet putter  

Very nice guys! Looking forward to it, may be the deciding factor on whether I replace my irons this year. 

Beautiful background in Alberta! I spent 10 years between Fort Mcmurray and Calgary. I don't miss the winters there and the shortened golfing season, but has some of the best world class courses there. 

Looking forward to hearing about the entire process guys!  

3-p p760s

Cobra F9 

Tour edge Exotic 3 and 5 wood

Custom made Bradley putter

Sm9 wedges 50 56 60

I've got my fitting scheduled for Friday afternoon at a TM master fitter location.  

I am very curious to see how a graphite shaft will perform during the fitting process and if it will win out over steel.  I use a 120g PX LZ 6.0 steel shaft in my irons now.  I think the graphite shaft stiffness will be similar and but wonder how my swing will react to a much lighter shaft and the particular 'feel' that brings to the table.

I will get some pics and video tomorrow for the Intro post and have that up by Thurs.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.