New Wilson Drivers for 2025

GolfSpy_APH

Only the USGA photos, but it looks like there are a few new models which will be coming out for Wilson. The Dynapwer did well and I believe @JohnSmalls is still gaming his? 

Either way here are the USGA photo of it... what do you think?

image.png

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

A little bit of shape redesign!  I kind of like it. 

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

I really like this! I think Wilson has really done a good job on the golf side of things in the last year or so!

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, PXG 0311 P Gen 7 irons (4-GW), 54&58 degree Sub70 246 wedges, Tommy Armour #2 wide blade putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

Don't let the name fool you. Wilson is a huge player in the golf market and has been for many generations. I 41 am, looking forward to see what they can do! Plus they've always been on the more budget friendly side of things when it came to golf

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

11 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Don't let the name fool you. Wilson is a huge player in the golf market and has been for many generations. I 41 am, looking forward to see what they can do! Plus they've always been on the more budget friendly side of things when it came to golf

A huge player in the industry?? 🤔 

If they vanished tomorrow, hardly anyone would notice. 

My bag is a revolving door!

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Only the USGA photos, but it looks like there are a few new models which will be coming out for Wilson. The Dynapwer did well and I believe @JohnSmalls is still gaming his? 

Either way here are the USGA photo of it... what do you think?

image.png

It's in the bag and I am still loving it!  First gen Dynapwr Carbon is up in the Ping G400 (Mt. Rushmore) category for me.  It is just about perfect.

I'm excited to see what is in store for 2025 for Wilson.  Looks like a 3 driver lineup for this generation, and I really like the evolution from a design perspective.  The naming for the 3 driver lineup makes a little more sense too: Dynapwr Carbon, DP Carbon LS, and DP Max

Edited by JohnSmalls

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

:callaway-small:  Apex Ai200  5-PW |  DG 115 Mid
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
:EVNROLL:  ER2
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

bettinardilogo2MGS.png

35 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Maybe back a while ago they were a big brand. They have had a very up and down recent stretch. 

Their irons are spectacular, but the name carries a lot less weight and they have really struggled to regain market share.

Truly wish them all the best as I do think they make great products, but are up against it when it comes to standing out against the hundreds of other brands out there.

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

Wilson is interesting for me. They were down the list a long way and then starter that driver vs driver show. This was smart on their end to help brand recognition but it blew up in their face when they went with the wrong driver. The Triton was a disaster and ruined any momentum they had as well as the next years winner Cortex.  

Their irons are always good but everything else is sub par on performance for me although they usually look very good

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   :titleist-small: GT2 with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Apex TiFusion 4-PW 2* flat with PX Hazrdus Gen4 Silver 75s

Wedges:    JP Camber 48 & 55 shaft TBD

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Maybe back a while ago they were a big brand. They have had a very up and down recent stretch. 

Their irons are spectacular, but the name carries a lot less weight and they have really struggled to regain market share.

Truly wish them all the best as I do think they make great products, but are up against it when it comes to standing out against the hundreds of other brands out there.

I think they have a decent number of players on staff but I believe more are in Europe.  I love the new staff blades and wish they came in LH

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

57 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Rob, I am a huge fan of Wilson Golf.  I am fast to defend them, but I will absolutely call out when they release a brick on stick.  Wilson just isn't a big player in golf right now.  Yes they are a big brand globally, and they are doing a good job (imo) of walking back into the golf conversation but their brand recognition in our ballpark isn't there, especially in the Carolinas.

I hear non-forum and forum people talk about Srixon way more than I do Wilson, and let not start with Mizuno, eveyone's forged darling.  Wilson has every right to be in that conversation.

Unfortunately Wilson is still trying to shake off the "Wal-mart" junk-brand reputation.

Gameday
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Classic Bag

bettinardilogo2MGS.png

35 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I think they have a decent number of players on staff but I believe more are in Europe.  I love the new staff blades and wish they came in LH

Josh the blades are available in LH.  Go to the custom order page at Wilson and 3-PW can be ordered for those of us who stand on the right side of the ball.

Gameday

Classic Bag

bettinardilogo2MGS.png

12 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Josh the blades are available in LH.  Go to the custom order page at Wilson and 3-PW can be ordered for those of us who stand on the right side of the ball.

well...... I didn't need to know that!  hahaha 😆

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

4 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

well...... I didn't need to know that!  hahaha 😆

giphy.gif

Gameday

Classic Bag

bettinardilogo2MGS.png

I like the look of the driver. But as usual performance is where it matters. We shall see I guess. Is this their 10 k entry into the market?

I always liked their irons and still have four sets (sort of). They turned into my hand me downs to family members. My daughter, two sons, my younger son’s girlfriend all have Wilson irons in the bag. I just always got along with Wilson irons. I do have one of their drivers and a few fairway woods. They played well. But Wilson went into a slump and didn’t get back to where they were or should I say the direction they wanted to head. 

I did like the driver versus driver series. It made me want to put on my engineering hat and get involved. But Wilson made some poor decisions that set them back.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

The next Wilson driver they release that actually performs well for the masses will be their first.

And I say that as a giant W/S homer. Their drivers just don't compare at all with their irons. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Halo XL 5i-DW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:EVNROLL: ER5 
:maxfli: Tour S

Looks great- love the shape and how Wilson is taking a more minimalist approach to design.  They are on fire imo pumping out W after W.

Club Repair Services- Stamping Services- Golf Club Resell

Driver- Srixon ZX5 - Ventus Black 7X Velacore 

2 iron- Srixon ZX- Tour AD GD Orange X

3 Hybrid- Qi10 (off the shelf) S flex 

4-PW- Titleist T150’s KBS Tours Xstiff 

Wedges- Callaway Opus 50s-54w-58w 

Putter- LAB DF2.1

My perspective on being a well known brand or big brand, i guess stems from seeing them more in box store, off the rack, options. I have no shame admitting that before MGS, that's all I had to compare anything to. Only What I saw in stores. Heck, 5 years ago I would only know top flite, Wilson, and low end Callaway shelf sets.  So I speak from inexperience at some level, but that's all I knew about them until I came here.

Now in the last couple years, they seem to be on the rise.

Look forward to see if they can break out of the stigma everyone seems to believe and push up

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I will wait to see how it performs but do like the way it looks. If they bring the driver up to the level of performance being achieved with their irons it will be a winner.

GT4,10 *, Ventus Black TR 6 S Velacore

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Is it me, or does it look similar to a Ping 430.  May be it’s the black and white pic, but it seems similar the eye.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User