Testers Announced: Evnroll ZERO Putters

GolfSpy_APH

INTRO

ABOUT ME

Hiya to all you Spy’s out there! First, a huge thank you to MGS for allowing me to take part in this test. It’s really an honor to be chosen! My name is Ryan and I’ve got a golf problems…well, more than one, but we can focus on the one that matters here in a minute! I hacked around at a golf ball for a couple years about a decade ago, then put it all away until this past year. When I picked it back up, boy, did I have some work to do! I sorted out a lesson and the swing tips made a huge difference but, honestly, the boat anchors I was swinging around were a significant part of the problem. After my swing stabilized a bit, I went for a fitting and started rebuilding my bag…irons, then wedges, then woods…and now for the last problem child: putter.

I’m married, I’v been in Public Safety for almost 25 years, and I’m also a hobby woodworker in my spare time. I play in the valley area of Northern California, not far outside Sacramento, so we have acceptable weather pretty much all year ‘round (if you count 108+ degree afternoons as ‘acceptable’…no one from Arizona or Texas say a word!). While it means things are DRY in the summer, we don’t usually get the moisture to shut things down for more than a day or two at a time in the winter. After a very focused re-entry to the sport, I’ve currently got an index around 10.5, but honestly don’t play that well. I’ve been gaming a Cobra King Supernova 20 putter for a while, and it’s not terrible, but my frame of reference is somewhat limited. I converted it to an armlock as I’ve got some neurologic issues with my right hand and back, and my club pro said the armlock might help with the instability from that hand issue. I’ve actually found really decent results from the franken-putter I put together, but it’s time to move to something that will really help me get better.    

I’m on the range/putting green or playing golf several times a week. I only live about a half-mile from my home course, so it’s easy to bop over and spend a quick hour practicing. I’ve adopted a simplified Aim Point model when I putt. It’s been hugely beneficial for me when lag putting, but my short-er greens game seems to be hampered by inconsistent pushes and pulls, and being inconsistently long or short…which is why the Evnroll Zero series is so exciting to me!

IMG_7432.jpeg.2ed3ff87bc4332f571ee2bb1f1e05e73.jpeg  IMG_1809.JPG.87f6103b3b8c3977120c44c28c03bbe6.JPG  IMG_3422.JPG.084107d0bb596afa5033e2060fbb4aa8.JPG

PERCEPTIONS & PLAN

To be honest, I had never heard of Evnroll before MGS did an article on them earlier in the year. The technical side of how their face groves work is absolute genius! It’s pretty much specifically designed to help flailers like me. Well, the cosmic golf balls aligned and along comes this testing opportunity…and I got picked for it! Hallelujah! It must be for a reason! I’m really excited about this tech, and I really think it will be a great benefit for many golfers. I chose the ZERO Z1 - 38 Tour Spec with a Midlock grip for this test because it’s as close to what I’m comfortable swinging right now and finding some success with already, and will reduce the need for major swing adjustments. Not a very fair test to force a completely new swing into the equation as a variable.

My plan is to get a feel for the Evnroll, then do some head to head work against my gamer…just to work out the kinks and establish a generic baseline. At that point, we’ll take a little trip to a SAM lab and put out some numbers for both putters to really see where we are. I figure by then it’ll be ‘into the deep end of the pool’ and we’ll let the ol’ Evnroll loose on the course. Obviously I’m expecting my index to fall precipitously as soon as that happens! In all seriousness, I’m very interested to see how the Evenroll handles putting at different distances: lag, mid-, and gimme. Their whole schtick is that their technology keeps the ball on-line, and maintains distance, even with mis-hits along the face. We’ll be putting that to the test! I plan to do variable distance and variable slope testing, specifically to see how consistent the line is held, and the distance is maintained, stroke to stroke. I suspect the clock drill will be a staple.

HOW TO MAKE MY BAG (BABY!)

I think what this putter needs to do to stay in my bag is pretty simple: It needs to live up to what Guerin Rife says it’ll do. That is, show me ‘unmatched distance control, accuracy, and zero dispersion’. The tech seems to say it can, but let’s see how it does in the real work!

Edited by RyanGi

Driver:  image.png.ac16a10c2b861fff646dd08647f76d1f.png 849D 9°
     Fuji ‘24 Ventus velocore+ Blue 5R
3W:  IMG_1282.jpeg.5aa87f97d80bcf4ae3205107fd0a6add.jpeg G430 MAX 15° (backordered!!)
     Hzdrus RDX Red 5.5 60g 
3 & 5Hy:  IMG_1282.jpeg.5aa87f97d80bcf4ae3205107fd0a6add.jpeg G430 19° & 26°
     Hzdrus RDX Red 5.5 70g
5-PW:  image.png.e76c3a80e959f4571ac9d38b658506a0.png 699 v2
     Mitsu MMT 80g
Wedges:  image.png.bddbadf2cd48c1b40cf591e520848ebb.png MAX milled 50° (bent to 48°), 54°, 58°
     Mitsu Kuro Kage Black 2G S/R
Putter:  image.jpeg.4a8b0ee0fbff31934a2e15fc68a7bfe7.jpeg King Supernova 20
     ArmLock AL2 grip
Ball:  image.png.10667a299706a9d7d3afd32e78f27847.png Pro Soft
Bag: image.png.1645cda6e679afe5a2659ddb2ecb59d1.png  C130

Wine is sunlight held together by water - Galileo 

Placeholder

EVNROLL PUTTER      OFFICIAL MGS FORUM Review by         BAMA NO 1

Greetings to all in the MGS dimension from the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains  in Northeast Alabama.

First off, I would like to thank MyGolfSpy for allowing me the opportunity to test the new Evnroll Zero putter.  As more and more companies are producing zero torque designed putters, it is only fitting that MGS has already had a number of tests that evaluate these putters. I will certainly do my best to let all of you out there looking for a new putter know just what the new Evnroll putter brings to the table.

What do I bring to the table as a tester? I didn’t start playing golf until I was 18 years old.  I’m in my 60s now, so you could say I have a few rounds under my belt. Not all good rounds btw, plenty of them were down right stinkers.   Over the course of those years, I’ve had my fair share of putters.  All of which I still own.  Yes I’m a club hoarder.  What’s in the backup stable? 1980ish Ping Anser, Odyssey O works 7, Cleveland Huntingbeach, a Scotty Laguna, and my current putting weapon of choice is a Goodwood P2. Of course, I have several more, but you would be reading this until tomorrow if I were to list them all.  If you noticed by the listing of putters I’ve had, they include the gauntlet of blade, mid mallet, and mallet style putters.

With that said, how do I plan to proceed with this test?  Of course, I will conduct plenty of on course testing but my focus will be more towards work on a practice putting green at my golf facility.  Expect testing from 3-50 feet ranges, as most of us mere mortals have our lag putts or approach shots that fall within that range.  My personal goal is to improve my lag putting and increase the number of 1 putts made to closely match the PGA tour averages. I can dream can’t I?  As a side note, I will be using a Taylormade Speed soft 2 piece ball and a Titleist Pro V1 ball throughout the test, in an effort to use golf balls that fall into categories we golfers generally use.  I also plan to get a number of D1 College golfers and local golfers to provide first impressions, feedback on feel & balance, while I am on the putting green, so everyone out there can get other perspectives and not just my input only regarding this putter. 

During the course of testing, if any of my fellow spies want me to conduct a specific putter test, I will certainly do my best to do so, if it is at all possible on my end.

Of course, it goes without saying, that in order for me to keep the Evnroll putter in the bag it has to equal or exceed my current gamer.

Let the test begin!!!!!!

Edited by bama no 1
Update

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

Placeholder

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

Congratulations to the testers!!!

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: Burner 15°, :taylormade-small: M2 18°

4i-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 925 Hot Metal HL - KBS Tour - Iomic Sticky 2.3

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

Forum Member Reviews:

Congratulations testers!!

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: TSR2 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 85g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black Official Tester Review

:BagBoy: Nitron push cart Unofficial review  

Congrats Testers!  Can't wait to see how this one performs!

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

Hey congrats all! Based on how the Evnroll testing went this summer, you are going to LOVE the putter you're testing. Can't wait to see what everyone thinks. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Halo XL 5i-DW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:EVNROLL: ER5 
:maxfli: Tour S

Based on the LAB and Allan threads, this should also be a good follow!  

Congrats to our testing group, looking forward to seeing your results! 

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

TANewton.jpg

Please welcome and congratulate our testers!

@MNUte 
@RyanGi 
@bama no 1  
@B_R_A_D_Y

Congrats testers!! I'm really excited to see if this is another contender in the "torque wars!" Good luck!

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66852-unofficial-review-tpi-virtual-assessment
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!

Congratulations testers…interested to see how these work for everyone!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Congrats testers! I'll be following this one closely. 

Rick

Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke TD 10.5 Denali Black 60 Stiff
3 Wood:  Cobra Aerojet 15 Kai'li Blue 60 Stiff
3 Hybrid:  Cobra Aerojet 19 KBS PGI 85 Stiff
5 Hybrid - Mizuno 220 ST-X 220 Aldila Ascent 50 Stiff
6 Hybrid - Mizuno 220 ST-X 220 Tensei CK Blue 70 Stiff
Irons 5-Gap:  Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, Recoil SW 780 Stiff
Wedges:  Cleveland RTX3 V-MG Cavity Back 50 turned to 52 and 56/11
Putter:  Odyssey 2 Ball

Congratulations testers! Looking forward to the reviews. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

Congrats to the testers. Can't wait to follow along on this one. 

Driver - Titleist GT3 10 - Ventus Black 6s

3W - TSR2 - Tensei Blue

5W TSR3 - Tensei 1K Black

Irons - Mizuno 245

Wedges - Mizuno T22

Putter - Odyssey 990 (L.A.B DF3 on the Way)

Congrats to all testers! Lets hope they roll straight and true.

DRIVER  CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 55-R 10.5*

HYBRID CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Big Bertha 19 w/ UST Recoil DART 75-S 20*

IRONS MALTBY.jpg.db763764d25fcfd7c75f92dc47028a09.jpg TS3 Forged 4i-GW w/ True Temper Score LT 100-R

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115-W 52-10*/58-10*/58-6*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg HB SOFT 8 w/ Center Shaft 3*

Check out my Tests...

Congratulations testers!

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, PXG 0311 P Gen 7 irons (4-GW), 54&58 degree Sub70 246 wedges, Tommy Armour #2 wide blade putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

Congrats, testers! Roll 'em well and can't wait to see the feedback on these sticks.

Chux Bag o' Magic:

:PXG: Black Ops 10.5°

:PXG: 0317X Proto Hybrids (17°/19°)

:PXG: 0211 XCor 2021 Irons (5-PW)

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° wedge

:callaway-small: Opus Platinum Blue 53º S Grind and 58º Z Grind

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 custom broomstick

:callaway-small: Chrome Tour ballz

Tech: Garmin R10/Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Golf Edition

---Opus Platinum Forum Testing Review---

On 10/22/2024 at 12:05 AM, bama no 1 said:

Placeholder

EVNROLL PUTTER      OFFICIAL MGS FORUM Review by         BAMA NO 1

Greetings to all in the MGS dimension from the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains  in Northeast Alabama.

First off, I would like to thank MyGolfSpy for allowing me the opportunity to test the new Evnroll Zero putter.  As more and more companies are producing zero torque designed putters, it is only fitting that MGS has already had a number of tests that evaluate these putters. I will certainly do my best to let all of you out there looking for a new putter know just what the new Evnroll putter brings to the game.

What do I bring to the table as a tester? I didn’t start playing golf until I was 18 years old.  I’m in my 60s now, so you could say I have a few rounds under my belt. Not all good rounds btw, plenty of them were down right stinkers.   Over the course of those years, I’ve had my fair share of putters.  All of which I still own.  Yes I’m a club hoarder.  What’s in the backup stable? 1980ish Ping Anser, Odyssey O works 7, Cleveland Huntingbeach, a Scotty Laguna, and my current putting weapon of choice is a Goodwood P2. Of course, I have several more, but you would be reading this until tomorrow if I were to list them all.  If you noticed by the listing of putters I’ve had, they include the gauntlet of blade, mid mallet, and mallet style putters.

With that said, how do I plan to proceed with this test?  Of course, I will conduct plenty of on course testing but my focus will be more towards work on a practice putting green at my golf facility.  Expect testing from 3-50 feet ranges, as most of us mere mortals have our lag putts or approach shots that fall within that range.  My personal goal is to improve my lag putting and increase the number of 1 putts made to closely match the PGA tour averages. I can dream can’t I?  As a side note, I will be using a Taylormade Speed soft 2 piece ball and a Titleist Pro V1 ball throughout the test, in an effort to use golf balls that fall into categories we golfers generally use.  I also plan to get a number of D1 College golfers and local golfers to provide first impressions, feedback on feel & balance, while I am on the putting green, so everyone out there can get other perspectives and not just my input only regarding this putter. 

During the course of testing, if any of my fellow spies want me to conduct a specific putter test, I will certainly do my best to do so, if it is at all possible on my end.

Of course, it goes without saying, that in order for me to keep the Evnroll putter in the bag it has to equal or exceed my current gamer as shown below.

goodwoodputterprofilelandscape.jpg.19f1ad9c76e6ec2fb9f932fd9702b8e9.jpg

Let the test begin!!!!!!

On 10/22/2024 at 12:05 AM, bama no 1 said:

Placeholder

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

On 10/22/2024 at 7:01 AM, russtopherb said:

Hey congrats all! Based on how the Evnroll testing went this summer, you are going to LOVE the putter you're testing. Can't wait to see what everyone thinks. 

I'm excited! As a straight back to front putter, the ZEROs should be perfect for my stroke. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

Congrats to the testers! This will definitely be one that I follow closely as I'm very intrigued by the style that is taking the golf world by storm lately. Plus, I enjoy @MNUte's perspective based on his other review that I was fortunate enough to join him on. 

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9° - Kai'li Blue 60S

Fairway: TaylorMade SIM2 Max 3W 15° - Ventus Blue 6-S

Hybrids: TaylorMade Stealth Plus 2H 17° - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80HY 6.0 I Callaway Paradym X 4H 21° - Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Silver 75HY 6.0

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 5-PW - KBS Max 85MT S

Wedges: Cobra Snakebite Black 48° I Lazrus 56° & 60°

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Versa Seven - Odyssey Stroke Lab w/ SuperStroke ZENERGY Pistol 2.0 grip

Balls: Vice Tour & Kirkland Signature

On 10/22/2024 at 3:23 AM, sirchunksalot said:

Congratulations testers!

Thank you so much, looking forward to conducting this test.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

3 minutes ago, jlofgren22 said:

Congrats to the testers! This will definitely be one that I follow closely as I'm very intrigued by the style that is taking the golf world by storm lately. Plus, I enjoy @MNUte's perspective based on his other review that I was fortunate enough to join him on. 

Thanks,  I am looking forward to conducting this test.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

@bama no 1 have fun bud. Love you will be getting insight from others, especially from D1 golfers, at your facility! Really interested to see how these...roll...🤣

Chux Bag o' Magic:

:PXG: Black Ops 10.5°

:PXG: 0317X Proto Hybrids (17°/19°)

:PXG: 0211 XCor 2021 Irons (5-PW)

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° wedge

:callaway-small: Opus Platinum Blue 53º S Grind and 58º Z Grind

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 custom broomstick

:callaway-small: Chrome Tour ballz

Tech: Garmin R10/Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Golf Edition

---Opus Platinum Forum Testing Review---

16 hours ago, Chux13 said:

Congrats, testers! Roll 'em well and can't wait to see the feedback on these sticks.

I hope this putter cures my 5 foot make percentage.  Its been awful lately.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

1 minute ago, Chux13 said:

@bama no 1 have fun bud. Love you will be getting insight from others, especially from D1 golfers, at your facility! Really interested to see how these...roll...🤣

Yeah,  I looking forward to their responses as well.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW