Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

MyGolfSpy Vancouver, BC trip JUNE 2013

The Dansome

RP-Bar.jpg

Just when I thought our little crew here couldn't get any more offbeat...

All I can say is Photoshop is a tool that must be respected :lol:

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing that I've heard Don Jacobs

Don Jacobs -- I like it.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

It would probably have a better wring to it if my name ended in a vowel :-)

Don Jacobs?

Ok ;-)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

How about Don Jacoleone?

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Already thinking about apparel for this trip...

Some Plus 2's, anyone?

r2bds2.jpg

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

All mighty Don Jacobleone.

Just reading back, tentative date we're pretty much set on is week of June 3rd? So roughly June 2-8? I'm going to update first post etc if so.

That date's looking good for me at this time. Gotta re-finalize with the rep (they're very unpredictable). That'll also give me time to accessorize the Plus-2's....

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• SPY VIP

That date's looking good for me at this time. Gotta re-finalize with the rep (they're very unpredictable). That'll also give me time to accessorize the Plus-2's....

You can't break out the plus-2's and leave us hanging now. I'm holding you to it!

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I need some Plus 2's in green. We have a Saint Patrick's Day tournament every year and I would darn sure wear them. If I have some I would wear them in Canada also.

:ping-small: G430 LST 10. on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430 Max 15°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: iCrossover 3i on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small:  iCrossover 4i  on Graphite Design ADDI 7S 

:ping-small:  i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90 S 

:vokey-small: SM9 54° & 58° on :truetemper: Wedge 

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 on :accra: White

:L.A.B.: LINK1on     T P T    Putter        (on order)

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I need some Plus 2's in green. We have a Saint Patrick's Day tournament every year and I would darn sure wear them. If I have some I would wear them in Canada also.

Lots available online -- not sure about going "loud" or going conservative. Not sure you go knickers and go conservative at the same time, but we'll see....

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Oh how I wish I could make this trip, for some reason I just can't help but to think you guys are going to have an unforgettable time!

Oh well, lack of time and money gets in my way once again. :angry:

It's probably just as well since all you guys are single digit handicappers, I'd probably just slow you down.

Best of luck to all who get to go and I hope it goes better than any of you imagine!

Today, I will do what others will not so that...

Tomorrow, I will do what others can not

These trips are different. This is the second time I played with a MGS'er, first RevKev and now HULK. The thing is, yeah you want to play well, but lets face it. It is a totally new course to you, and different greens than you are used to. Today, I had two uphill semistraight putts. The rest were side hill putts. We practiced these and then they mowed the greens. We get to the first green and I had a down hill putt that rolled 8 feet past the hole, and I made the comebacker for par. Did not make another putt more than 3 feet until hole 12. I had at least 11 three putts, and did not really care. Hit some bad shots today, and did not care.

I had such a good time discussing golf and the shots that we needed to play as well as getting to know Dan. The score was secondary. I did not even remember to write it down, probably because I did not want a complete record of it. But it was fun.

I can not wait until June.

My weekend guys zone out if I discuss how to play a shot. Dan and I talked about each one. "I think we should hit a draw and start it out over the corner of that bunker." and stuff like that. Yeah, I know that is bordering on cheating because it is more than just distance but hell, we did not even have a clue what was between us and fairway.

One time I hit a drive and pulled it a bit left after Dan had lost it right. He said I think that hit something wood. We get in the cart and go over a hill and sure enough I hit a wooden bridge over a water hazard we did not know was there. Ha Ha, drop a ball and go for the next shot.

My weekend guys zone out if I discuss how to play a shot. Dan and I talked about each one. "I think we should hit a draw and start it out over the corner of that bunker." and stuff like that. Yeah, I know that is bordering on cheating because it is more than just distance but hell, we did not even have a clue what was between us and fairway.

THIS. The few friends I have that play golf are happy to go out there and swing with their ten year old sets and really couldn't give a crap about changing gear or how to shape a shot. It's fun, but this is one of the many reasons I really wish I could make it out to Vancouver.

Going out and hitting the new drivers today got me all spun up on golf again. My only option right now is to go to a range than has distance limiting balls, but screw it, I'm going tomorrow. I think I've even got my son to my level, he was thrilled at the idea of going to this crappy range and he usually hates practice.

Dude, forget your week-end guys, hell I'd zone out tryin to bring it back over the corner of a trap The only time I bring it over a trap is if I'm on the other fairway tryin to bring it back home, HaHa.

It ain't even close ta cheating. I mean I'd be so damn excited to play with one of you guys I wouldn't even worry bout that sh*t. It ain't a swat & It's not a tournament so have fun and make some memories.

And if we play badly, who gives a sh*t? After a few beers and some good ole selective memory hell a lot of those three putts are gonna be gimmes and the rest? All 2-putts LMAO ;-p

And we can always use my buddy's Dave's rule, that if ya forget(honestly forget, no cheatin, HaHa) to mark the score for three straight holes, they're automatic pars. How the hell do ya think that he got to a 4, LOL.

Nah, sounds like you guys had a nice time.

HULKSTER, wher the hell you from in PA?

Anyways, my mom's takin me to McD's so I'll be back Ina while ;-)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

No beers for me today. As soon as we were done, I had to maneuver my way across 3.2 Million Friday afternoon drivers for 108 miles. If we would have not been finished until after 4 I would have had a few beers and played a few holes and not been home until 9 pm tonight, but since we were finished at 3, I drank diet coke until 3:30 and got the hell out of Dallas by 4:30 and home before 5:30.

Only 10% of them pulled in front of me on the way home.

• SPY VIP

so great to hear Rick and look forward to everyone coming to Vancouver. Has the Hulk sniffed around this thread yet?

It's funny what you were saying. First time out with Tuna and without even asking if it would bother each other we discussed every shot and situation. No score was kept we just talked the game.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Hey guys. Just caught up on this thread after the amazing round w Rick. Unfortunately I can't do the trip in June as I'm still working and used sick days for this TX trip and am using all my personal days for my charleston/masters trip in April. Love the idea of meetup rounds and you guys will have a blast, I know it. RP- I'm in northeast PA. about 1.5 hours from Philly

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Dude, don't ever think that. Seriously, two of the fastest guys that I play with are a 19 & 26 & they're newer members and clients, and yea initially the reason that I played with em was because they were clients, though I was amazed at how quickly they play, and now we all go out together a couple times a month.

They don't dally between shots and they don't dick around pre-shot or over the ball. We grab carts at night so we move around at a pretty good clip.

Don't ever think that you'll hold guys up!

Believe me, this crew that's gettin together in Van, well, you'd fit right in. I'm sorry that you're not gonna be able to make it. We'll have other get togethers, HaHa, if I don't get banned ;-p

Fairways & Green 4ever

RP, thanks for the encouragement but I was mostly just trying to fool myself into thinking I didn't want to go. ( didn't work by the way)

Today, I will do what others will not so that...

Tomorrow, I will do what others can not

Hey guys. Just caught up on this thread after the amazing round w Rick. Unfortunately I can't do the trip in June as I'm still working and used sick days for this TX trip and am using all my personal days for my charleston/masters trip in April. Love the idea of meetup rounds and you guys will have a blast, I know it. RP- I'm in northeast PA. about 1.5 hours from Philly

Wait.... Did you just say Masters Trip???

So I'm going to book the week of the 3rd off now. I can always change it, but seems like a safe bet at the moment.

So far so good on my end for that week, too..

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Road trip!!!!! Third week of June? I am in.

Week of the third no? Third week of June you have to come to Devens, MA to play Red Tail with barbajo and I.

Sorry, Barbajo does not want to play golf with me. He told me last week.:lol:

My mistake, I thought you were changing the date for the Canadian trip, This far out I can plan around it.

Sorry, Barbajo does not want to play golf with me. He told me last week.:lol:

My mistake, I thought you were changing the date for the Canadian trip, This far out I can plan around it.

Oh how cruel! :o

You'd love Red Tail - built on an old army base with several holes going through the proverbial "mine field" and the old artillery range.

3rd week of June!

As Dave Loggins would say, Please come to Boston...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Oh how cruel! :o

:lol::lol::lol:

You'd love Red Tail - built on an old army base with several holes going through the proverbial "mine field" and the old artillery range.

Why would I like that? I have been on army bases, and in mine fields before and I did not find that particularly appealing. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Why would I like that? I have been on army bases, and in mine fields before and I did not find that particularly appealing. :lol:

Maybe it's just projection, but from watching Stripes too many times to count it would seem artillery ranges are where the fun is....

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Um excuse me gentlemen, my schedule has been cleared and my vacation request for the week of June 3rd has been approved. My outfits have yet to be planned. Danny I'm gonna need new golf shoes, my Nike's suck.

Someone better get me an estimate of how many people are coming so I can see if I can get group rates on some hotels (and the amount of butter chicken to make for everyone =P)

Still trying to nail down business for that week -- may have bribe the reps with golf to make it so.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived