Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Birdie Drugs?

jmwils81

I'll tell you what Mr. Divots - I regularly practice this time of year at a range where folks are laboring away trying to make it on tour - I'm going to say your words out loud there and see what happens but I'm going to wear a disguise because I know exactly what will happen and I don't want people thinking that I said anything so ridiculous.

I like the say it out loud rule, you know, if you say it out loud the thing that is right in your own mind becomes .......

No doubt you'll take the contrary because that's your pattern but that's fine - it's a free country.  I'm sticking with Gary Player on this - BTW he's convince that there are guys on tours around the world that use PED's. 

I will write it again - those who do are cheaters, they are not lazy though.  And I believe that there are fewer in golf than other sports because golf does have a built in self policing aspect to it that is instilled from a very young age.

It's an opinion about golfers taking PED's. It's gonna be alright there, little guy.

I think I'll label your response over the top and move on. Thanks. You always make me feel so welcome here.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

The whole PED thing in "professional" sports is taken too far, IMO. If you make a living from playing professional sports of any kind, you need your body to be as good as it can be. I personally don't care if any professional athlete, no matter the sport, takes PED's. It's their body and their decision to take the chance down the road for their own well being.

I seriously doubt that there are any PED's that "dramatically" enhance performance. In golf, what would they accomplish? Swing speed? I doubt it. Putting accuracy? I seriously doubt it. Accuracy, period? I doubt it. Strength? yeah, probably. So what? Healing from an injury? Probably. Is that a bad thing? NO!

The key word/s here is: PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES. Not amatures. The whole thing is becoming ridiculous, IMO.

I hate being rude, but you must be just plain dumb.

I'm sorry. A apologize to the forum members and those who run this website. But this person is so stupid that someone must say something. And who likes a post like that? Seriously!

Doping is a problem far beyond the football fields and baseball stadiums. Users become aggressive. They can hallucinate. Mental illness is common for athletes who use doping. If you're saying doping is ok, you're basically saying that it's ok for someone to beat up their wife because they want to throw a ball faster.

Doping is also strongly related to crime. Do you accept crime? Is it ok for people to die to bring pills and needles to athletes?

You're saying that these athletes need their bodies to be as good as they can be. This is not having a body that's as good as it can be. This is having a modified body beyond normal conditions. Pushing the limits within the law - that is what sports is supposed to be about.

Do you really think athletes use doping voluntarliy? Not a chance in hell. Pressure. From fans. The club. Yourself. Money. A future. 

Athletes who use doping will in many cases die young because of it. Are you so stupid that you accept this? Is it ok for someone to die because you want to see them jump higher and run faster? Enlarged heart is common. The heart muscle is completely destroyed. 

You can not under any circumstance say that it is ok for someone to use drugs that ruin their lives and the lives of people around them. 

A warning - do not play golf with silver&black. A person with no standards or moral will with 100% certainty cheat on the golf course. Or is that where you draw the line? It's ok to push needles into your body and die when you're 35 because you wanted to hit homeruns - but not to give yourself a better lie in the rough? 

Let's call a halt folks

The subject leads to passionate responses (myself included) - but I'd suggest nothing more to be gained on this one for now.

Let's return to it afresh sometime in the future when it will no doubt be big news, although I know we'd all rather it wasn't an issue in any sport.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I'm sorry. A apologize to the forum members and those who run this website. But this person is so stupid that someone must say something. And who likes a post like that? Seriously!

Doping is a problem far beyond the football fields and baseball stadiums. Users become aggressive. They can hallucinate. Mental illness is common for athletes who use doping. If you're saying doping is ok, you're basically saying that it's ok for someone to beat up their wife because they want to throw a ball faster.

Doping is also strongly related to crime. Do you accept crime? Is it ok for people to die to bring pills and needles to athletes?

You're saying that these athletes need their bodies to be as good as they can be. This is not having a body that's as good as it can be. This is having a modified body beyond normal conditions. Pushing the limits within the law - that is what sports is supposed to be about.

Do you really think athletes use doping voluntarliy? Not a chance in hell. Pressure. From fans. The club. Yourself. Money. A future. 

Athletes who use doping will in many cases die young because of it. Are you so stupid that you accept this? Is it ok for someone to die because you want to see them jump higher and run faster? Enlarged heart is common. The heart muscle is completely destroyed. 

You can not under any circumstance say that it is ok for someone to use drugs that ruin their lives and the lives of people around them. 

A warning - do not play golf with silver&black. A person with no standards or moral will with 100% certainty cheat on the golf course. Or is that where you draw the line? It's ok to push needles into your body and die when you're 35 because you wanted to hit homeruns - but not to give yourself a better lie in the rough?

Agree with a lot of what you are saying but for the most part the ones who hAve these problems are seriously abusing them and do not know what they are doing. The ones who do it right have it properly monitored by a Dr. They also get blood work done and keep a specific diet with no alcohol or drugs to prevent any health issues or damage to their body. They also take other supplements during their cycle and then certain things post cycle. All while getting blood work done and what not. Its a lot of work to do it correctly, and very expensive. You have to work very hard at it plus you still have to work out hard or you will just get fat. This will be my last post on this in respect to Westy's wishes. I just wanted to clear up some common misconceptions on steroids. Which is what I am guessing is what you meant by "doping." Absolutely not disagreeing with you, just wanted to clear some things up.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I have a great deal of respect for Westy and so waited a day to respond to Mr. Divot's comment of my reply being over the top vs. his "opinion" on PEDs.   I have two comments directed towards him.  I would have made them privately had he done what anyone should do and PM'd.  In fact then I would have apologized publically for misunderstanding an opinion (albeit a faulty one) for someone's attempt at stopping a conversation by introducing something they believed to be an incontrovertible fact.  Instead I feel compelled to reply to a comment that comes across to me as snarky and a personal attack on a public forum. 

Both of my comments will be rooted in fact and not opinion. 

1.  Opinions are not give as absolutes, your "opinions" were both absolutes and they were absolutes with no supporting data.  Data that exists from other sports, baseball's inflated home run numbers as example, suggest that PEDs, at least of a certain type, do significantly boost performance in motor skilled sports like golf. 

2.  To suggest that I have always been unwelcoming to you is beyond belief.  All anyone here needs to do is return to a thread that you introduced and other threads that you commented at this time last year.  You offended any number of people in those threads and I repeatedly defended your right to post what you wanted.  I also encouraged others to be more hospitable in your regard.  

That's the fact so be sure you have it straight before you publically start calling me or anyone else out. 

Finally I would assert that even here in this thread, you have the right to post your opinion and I have not at all suggested anything to the contrary.  It's not my place, I'm not the owner of this forum and I gladly play by his rules because he runs a very good website. 

Just understand that if you boldly assert something that I know to be wrong and do so in a way that attacks others, I will respond in kind.  Anyway if I don't someone else no doubt will.  That's the way these things go.

Okay enough of this - with the Olympics will come more stringent testing and we will see what that brings, until then I'm staying out of it. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm not sure how to respond to that from anyone on this particular forum. So.... I'll just say, have a great day..... and I'll just let it go.

I have a great deal of respect for Westy and so waited a day to respond to Mr. Divot's comment of my reply being over the top vs. his "opinion" on PEDs.   I have two comments directed towards him.  I would have made them privately had he done what anyone should do and PM'd.  In fact then I would have apologized publically for misunderstanding an opinion (albeit a faulty one) for someone's attempt at stopping a conversation by introducing something they believed to be an incontrovertible fact.  Instead I feel compelled to reply to a comment that comes across to me as snarky and a personal attack on a public forum. 

Both of my comments will be rooted in fact and not opinion. 

1.  Opinions are not give as absolutes, your "opinions" were both absolutes and they were absolutes with no supporting data.  Data that exists from other sports, baseball's inflated home run numbers as example, suggest that PEDs, at least of a certain type, do significantly boost performance in motor skilled sports like golf. 

2.  To suggest that I have always been unwelcoming to you is beyond belief.  All anyone here needs to do is return to a thread that you introduced and other threads that you commented at this time last year.  You offended any number of people in those threads and I repeatedly defended your right to post what you wanted.  I also encouraged others to be more hospitable in your regard.  

That's the fact so be sure you have it straight before you publically start calling me or anyone else out. 

Finally I would assert that even here in this thread, you have the right to post your opinion and I have not at all suggested anything to the contrary.  It's not my place, I'm not the owner of this forum and I gladly play by his rules because he runs a very good website. 

Just understand that if you boldly assert something that I know to be wrong and do so in a way that attacks others, I will respond in kind.  Anyway if I don't someone else no doubt will.  That's the way these things go.

Okay enough of this - with the Olympics will come more stringent testing and we will see what that brings, until then I'm staying out of it. 

Look at this absolutely ridiculous response. I said I think the game is largely mental and that PED's aren't going to give a big advantage for this reason. HOW ON EARTH you are drumming up all this DRAMA in response, -I know not? Get over yourself. I gave a simple opinion and you went off for absolutely no reason.

NONE. Absolutely BIZARRE. I hope you realize this.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Archived