Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Trayvax Axis Minimalist Front Pocket Wallet

Aotearoa_Brad

If you're anything like me, your wallet is an integral part of who you are. There are not many things that I take everywhere with me, but my wallet is one of them so it needs to be functional.

For a long time I had leather bifold wallets, but I commute to work on a sportsbike and I hated having my wallet in my back pocket. So I made the (difficult) decision to move to a front pocket wallet. Now, to be fair, I'd been conditioned a little to minimizing unnecessary clutter... My wife "guided" us through KonMari, which is the Japanese art of decluttering... And basically involved me throwing out anything that didn't bring my wife joy... At one point I thought I would end up at the Goodwill...

Anyhow, I stumbled across Trayvax wallets. The axis is machines out of two stainless steel plates, held together with paracord.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1472540852.513801.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1472540875.531989.jpg

It is set up similar to a bifold but eliminates much of the bulk associated with traditional bifold wallets.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1472541086.932298.jpg

I was initially concerned about fitting in everything that I need, but that hasn't really been a problem. Currently I have 14 cards in the card section and $100 cash in the money clip and it measures out at 4" X 2.5" X 5/8".

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1472541414.976625.jpg

I have been using this for the last month and I honestly couldn't ever see going back to a traditional wallet. Given that the Axis is also backed by a lifetime warranty it is likely that I'll ever need to.

The clasp is one thing that I thought may be the downfall of this wallet. It really is genius though. The cards compress enough to allow you to hook the loop over, then expand again to ensure that the wallet remains securely closed.

I chose the Axis with the Zombie Green Ceracote coating because... well... It's zombie green. They have a multitude of colors available though, and a couple of different finishes. Price on this was $49.99 for the zombie green. I would say mid-range price for a wallet, but not many offer the level of warranty or are RFID-resistant for this price.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with this purchase. It does what it should, is functional, and should last me for as long as I want to continue using it.

www.trayvax.com/collections/axis

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I switched to a front pocket wallet years ago, helped my back quite a bit

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

That's an interesting take on a wallet. Looks a slight bit cumbersome and fussy however. But if you're into a more active/outdoor lifestyle type look in a wallet I can see the appeal. I used to use the ole Magic Wallets that were advertised on TV years ago. I loved them and they were slim and fit nicely in a front pocket. They're still available and I may use them again. Now days I carry a leather Cash Cover by Ace of Clubs. I really like it too. Classy looking and well made. Carries cash and cards in a slim (front pocket) design.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a much better solution than my wife's idea. A few years ago she bought me a nice money clip that I never used and let me know every so often I didn't use it. To make my like easier she then got me a Tumi card case so now instead of a wallet I get to carry a card case and a money clip. I guess in her mind that is simpler.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Archived