Pet Pictures

ole gray

On 9/21/2024 at 10:16 AM, tdc1 said:

Well, She Who Must Hunt was back at it last night: opossum #3.

Along one part of the backyard is a neighbor’s old wooden fence with a 4” wide top.  It is covered in many spots by scrubby trees and has been known to house all types of critters (including a wood chuck the SWMH valiantly tried to get until the neighbor trapped it).  The fence is not in the best shape so we’ve put up some temporary fencing on our side that connects to the chain link fence on either side of this span of wooden fence.

IMG_0061.jpeg.345c13dbbb715dd2ef51a6b880a43577.jpeg

SWMH is a black lab so when we go out for the last time each night at 11:00 p.m., this is all I can see of her:

IMG_0055.jpeg.5d85545cc0774d202b198398fc0f28db.jpeg

If it wasn’t for the light up collar she would be invisible most nights.  Anyway, she can be a very silent stalker but I know when I hear her tags against the fence and see the light up collar leaping up 4’ off the ground something is up.  Luckily, the possum immediately does its “play dead” routine and SWMH loses interest and spits it out.  I take her in, wait a few minutes, check that it has left the yard, and the nighttime potty break resumes.  I don’t know if she is plucking the opossums off the fence or out of the tree.  Whichever it is, she's certainly proficient at it.

Okay @tdc1, I have to ask. How many skunks has she attempted or actually gotten?  If the hissing that those opossums make doesn't make her back off not sure if anything would. 🦨

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

14 minutes ago, Dweed said:

Okay @tdc1, I have to ask. How many skunks has she attempted or actually gotten?  If the hissing that those opossums make doesn't make her back off not sure if anything would. 🦨

Luckily, no skunks — they are about the only critter we haven’t had in the neighborhood.  Our first dog after we got married 50+ years ago was also a black Lab.   His two best friends were an enormous Newfie puppy and a young fox.  We lived in Kansas at the time and my wife was teaching in a small town.  One night, while looking for his fox friend our Lab met a skunk instead with the expected results.  We did our best to clean him and ourselves but the next day her 5th graders were all going, “Ew, Mrs. C., Ben must gotten skunked last night.”  Most of them were farm kids so they offered up all sorts of solutions for getting rid of the smell.  Our favorite was dig a hole and put all the clothes we had been wearing into it and leave them buried there for about 3 weeks.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

39 minutes ago, Dweed said:

... My 20lb rescue mutt that has passed away corned a skunk under our deck and was sprayed like a fire hose. Got in his eyes and he was misrable. You'd think that was a lesson. A year later he did it again and was sprayed again not liking it anymore than the first time. Evidently you really can't teach an old dog new tricks. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

You people do know "the" skunk formula?

Baking Soda, Hydrogen Peroxide, small amount of liquid soap to make it flow good. Mix to a thick soupy mixture.

It works! My sweetheart in my icon pic had it out with a skunk. She slept in my bed that night.

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

Just now, Old New Golfer said:

Baking Soda, Hydrogen Peroxide, small amount of liquid soap to make it flow good. Mix to a thick soupy mixture.

It works! My sweetheart in my icon pic had it out with a skunk. She slept in my bed that night.

Will make note.  Back in the day it was tomato juice and shampoo.  Worked “okay” but the smell still lingered if you weren’t super thorough.

14 minutes ago, Old New Golfer said:

9 minutes ago, tdc1 said:

Will make note.  Back in the day it was tomato juice and shampoo.  Worked “okay” but the smell still lingered if you weren’t super thorough.

... We used both methods and the baking soda/HP was better than the tomato juice but he got squirted more than once each time 🙄 and it took several days and a 2nd bath to get the smell to go away. That's why we were so shocked he did it a 2nd time. We thought he did it a third time because we can't get under the deck where he had it trapped but thankfully it was an opossum.  

On 9/21/2024 at 10:16 AM, tdc1 said:

If it wasn’t for the light up collar she would be invisible most nights.  Anyway, she can be a very silent stalker but I know when I hear her tags ...

Yep we had two big all black dogs and my wife liked to walk them early when it was still dark, so I had two lights on each of their harnesses plus made her wear a mountain bikers headlamp! 

They were not hunters, though...

But years before I had a fluffy cat who had grown up as an outdoor stray so she loved to prowl around outdoors at night .. and yes she was a hunter and would bring me back her trophies to show off .. heck I even put little bells on her collar and she still managed to capture mice and birds!

WITB of an "aspiring"   play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A*)
3W...Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (ProForce V2 HL 5F3)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour/Tour S. Or a found Pro V1/x.

* (current) Forum tester for the Newton Motion driver shaft (2024)
Forum tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

20231223_133657.jpg.960669f48157ee1fbafde043ef7f132a.jpg

For Sale in Classifieds: SkyTrak home launch monitor in excellent condition

You people do know what’s going through a dog’s mind when riding in a car with his head out the window? 
It stinks in there!

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

3 minutes ago, Old New Golfer said:

You people do know what’s going through a dog’s mind when riding in a car with his head out the window? 
It stinks in there!

... I can't imagine what the stink would smell like to a dog. Or what that rush of smells would be like with their head out the window! 

The dog sense of smell is the most powerful sense of this species, the olfactory system of canines being much more complex and developed than that of humans. It is believed to be up to 10 million times as sensitive as a human's in specialized breeds. Dogs have roughly forty times more smell-sensitive receptors than humans, ranging from about 125 million to nearly 300 million in some dog breeds, such as bloodhounds.

These are very old memories, back from early 90s - this was Fluffy my little dog-like kitty cat...

Fluffybythecar.jpg.e17a0d75262f52792c837f0c3533baa1.jpg

Fluffyinthebackyard.jpg.81efe4f03afa7fe7da292d08d5c4917f.jpg

She grew up as a stray behind a friend's house nearby; when they moved my friend brought her over to my house and she quickly made herself right at home! I put in a cat door for her so she could get out whenever she wanted .. ie all the time .. and would come back when I'd whistle for her!

Oh, PS - my friend's daughter (a godchild) was 2(?) at the time and gave the cat her name 😊 and I think she was part Maine Coon with the fluff and the tufts on the ears.

Putter...

No photos because they are a little graphic for here, but Apollo was in a thing about 10 days ago and got bit by a dog 10 times his size (no exaggeration). The bite was really bad and was pretty deep. Had to get him into emerg even though he didn't yelp, scream or anything. 

Today we went back to get the stitches taken out and we found another surface scratch that was still pretty bad which also had to be stitched up, then the skin above where the main bite was also had died so that had to be cut off and then restitched. 

Just sucks, he is such a good dog and doesn't deserve this at all and I really am upset that all of this happened. Hurts. 

He is recovering and doing fine, but it will be a longer road to recovery than we had once expected. 

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

No photos because they are a little graphic for here, but Apollo was in a thing about 10 days ago and got bit by a dog 10 times his size (no exaggeration). The bite was really bad and was pretty deep. Had to get him into emerg even though he didn't yelp, scream or anything. 

Today we went back to get the stitches taken out and we found another surface scratch that was still pretty bad which also had to be stitched up, then the skin above where the main bite was also had died so that had to be cut off and then restitched. 

Just sucks, he is such a good dog and doesn't deserve this at all and I really am upset that all of this happened. Hurts. 

He is recovering and doing fine, but it will be a longer road to recovery than we had once expected. 

Praying for a quick and continued recovery for Apollo!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I'm very sorry to hear that Jamie, I know how much you love him. I'm glad to hear he's on the road to recovery and keep us updated.

Almost a minute of SWMH assessing the odds of getting a squirrel about 30' away.  I'm always surprised at how patient this hyper-beast can be.

2 hours ago, tdc1 said:

Almost a minute of SWMH assessing the odds of getting a squirrel about 30' away.  I'm always surprised at how patient this hyper-beast can be.

... My son rescued a pure bred Stafford Terrier and he was the exact opposite with the geese in the park. They would be 50 yds away and as soon as Bryan would take off his leash, he bolted into a full sprint immediately. Never came close to catching any geese but the speed at which he traveled that 50yds was jaw dropping. 80lbs of the sweetest most gentle dog I have ever been around but sadly passed away last year at 11 yrs old. His true nature came out when he saw another animal, especially coyotes. But around people he was so very gentle and loving. 

IMG_0406.jpeg.67fa0e5fa4095a2262f99b030ae4b197.jpeg

Edited by chisag

13 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Oh man..... Really hated to read that and feel terrible for you guys... Keep him safe and comfortable and here's hoping for a full and quick recovery!

Putter...

On 10/2/2024 at 8:21 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

I hear ya man. People just don't get it when I say they are family. Callie was attacked earlier this year and needed 20 stiches on her belly. Twice as a lab she was hard to keep corralled for the 10 days to heal. Prays for your pup man.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

She Who Must Hunt found some cat s**t in the yard the other night and took a roll in it.  Nothing like giving her a bath at 11:30 p.m. She ruined her night light collar in the process so she now has a new tracking device to use after dark.

Edited by tdc1
Insert video

15 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

This lady turned 18 today!

IMG_5254.jpeg.3d6560890c0c07a9acad4919c5bd8a6a.jpeg

And yep still knows where the food dish is!!! Love it! 

But looks to me like she's developing the old dog glaucoma... Sad but she still appears perky!

Putter...

6 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

And yep still knows where the food dish is!!! Love it! 

But looks to me like she's developing the old dog glaucoma... Sad but she still appears perky!

Food has never eluded this one!

Although she doesn’t like to eat when I give her food, she has trained my wife to put broth over her food before she will touch it…

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

26 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Food has never eluded this one!

Although she doesn’t like to eat when I give her food, she has trained my wife to put broth over her food before she will touch it…

Dogs are good at training humans, cats are great at it😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

After some time passed since we lost our Grey my wife and I decided to foster another dog. We spent some time at the animal shelter and decided on this pup. She is still shy, and she is skittish when she goes outside, but after a week she is getting better and warming up to her new environment. I think she likes the soft bed and the quiet. Odds are we will keep her and go the full adoption route.

IMG_0074.jpeg

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

11 minutes ago, hohjoe said:

After some time passed since we lost our Grey my wife and I decided to foster another dog. We spent some time at the animal shelter and decided on this pup. She is still shy, and she is skittish when she goes outside, but after a week she is getting better and warming up to her new environment. I think she likes the soft bed and the quiet. Odds are we will keep her and go the full adoption route.

IMG_0074.jpeg

She looks adorable!  Hope the transition from foster to adoptee goes well.

1 hour ago, hohjoe said:

She is still shy, and she is skittish when she goes outside, but after a week she is getting better and warming up to her new environment.

Awwww poor pup. Sounds like you guys are doing the right thing with some TLC and some time to adapt. And of course a cozy snuggly bed that she knows is her own! Good luck with her. 

Putter...

2 hours ago, hohjoe said:

IMG_0074.jpeg

I'm glad you're doing that, she's a pretty pup and deserves a good home with you. 

7 hours ago, hohjoe said:

IMG_0074.jpeg

Good on you for fostering and potentially adopting…looks like you are spoiling her already!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter