tony@CIC

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • LocationCatawba Island, Ohio
  • Handicap:24

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

Reading the post I'm surprised that three brands didn't make it into the 'Best Gloves 2017'.

Bionic
Hirzl
Kakadu

The last two brands are made out of Kangaroo leather which is purportedly longer wearing. Also I can personally attest to not only longer wearing but also better grip in wet weather.

Unfortunately I can't find the Hirzl (Swiss company) gloves in my size. I use to get them at Dicks.

The Kakadu gloves are made in Australia they run about 25. $Aus and the manufacturer charged me 8.95 to have them shipped to the US. I'll be buying more of these.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

#2 Apes44

Apes44

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Handicap:20

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:23 PM

I am curious as to what the two Under Armour top of the line gloves would have tested at? Absolutely love those 

Driver  :ping-small: G30 SF Tec Stiff 10* but turned down to 9*

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Irons:    :taylormade-small: M2 (4-PW) Stiff Shafts +1.5 Upright

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX 2.0 CB

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 tony@CIC

tony@CIC

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:55 PM

I like the UA gloves but found it a little small as a size comparison. I wear XL in FJs so would have to get the XXL which of course no box store stocks.

#4 Badfish

Badfish

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 163 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Handicap:9

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:19 PM

I just picked up a 3-pack of Tmag burner gloves on ebay for 9.95 shipped.  Nowhere near the best, but for 3.33 a piece it's a no brainer.  Believe it or not the best glove I ever owned was a Top Flite el cheapo I picked up in a pro shop when mine ripped.  That glove lasted the entire season and gripped like it was smothered in pine tar.  I actually went back to buy them out, but they were gone.  I've looked online to no avail.  Definitely taught me a lesson in terms of branding vs quality. 

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

#5 heisman6183

heisman6183

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Handicap:17

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

Excited about the Ping Tour glove.  The last time MGS did a premium glove test the FootJoy Pure Touch Limited ran away with it, and this time the Ping Tour trounced it.  I've used the FootJoy glove and it's great, soft and durable, so the fact that Ping Tour beat it in every category, and at a slightly lower price, is great.  Only question now is what stores have it, no luck so far.

WITB
Driver: :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha udesign
Woods: :callaway-small: XR 3w, 7w
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX EZ Forged 2016 4-G
Wedge: :ping-small: Eye 2 Gorge S
Putter: Odyssey Works Versa 2-Ball Fang

Ball: :callaway-small: Supersoft 2017

#6 TSauer

TSauer

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:01 PM

I've been playing with a Footjoy glove for a while now, it's holding up quite well. I will probably purchase more, as other gloves I've tried haven't held up. I gave Bionic a try once, I don't remember the model but it was not for me. It had extra padding around the finger creases for added comfort, but it just felt really weird holding a club.

In my Ogio Nimbus bag

Driver :cobra-small:  King F7+

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small:  XR 3W

Hybrid:  :nike-small:  Vapor Flex 4H

Irons:  :ping-small:  G25 (4-PW)

Wedges:  :callaway-small:  MD3 52/56/60

Putter:  MLA Tour XDream

#7 Peterpc2828

Peterpc2828

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationMonmouth Beach, NJ
  • Handicap:11

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

I'm dying to try the Ping glove, have used both the FJ premium and TMAG premium and they both are great and have lasted a very long time in comparison to the cheap glove that drys up/ tears/ wears out and stretches out too much.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

#8 PlaidJacket

PlaidJacket

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,002 posts
  • LocationW. Texas
  • Handicap:62

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

I think golf gloves are about as personal as golf equipment gets. I love the MG DynaGrip and the DynaGrip Elite models. Through the years I've tried most glove brands and types. With the MG gloves I'm lucky to get the best of both worlds. Fit and price. A good friend can't wear them he says. Don't fit good for him. He will only use a Titleist premium glove.

Whatever works I say.

My  :wilson_staff_small:  bag currently includes:    TWGT 771CSI 4i - PW and TWGT PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

TM SLDR 14° D, TWGT 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Edel Willimette w/SuperStroke Slim

#9 dang3rtown

dang3rtown

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 417 posts
  • LocationSacramento
  • Handicap:6.2

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:50 PM

Reading the post I'm surprised that three brands didn't make it into the 'Best Gloves 2017'.

Bionic
Hirzl
Kakadu

The last two brands are made out of Kangaroo leather which is purportedly longer wearing. Also I can personally attest to not only longer wearing but also better grip in wet weather.

Unfortunately I can't find the Hirzl (Swiss company) gloves in my size. I use to get them at Dicks.

The Kakadu gloves are made in Australia they run about 25. $Aus and the manufacturer charged me 8.95 to have them shipped to the US. I'll be buying more of these.

I love kangaroo leather! Unfortunately, I live in California and we allowed a law to expire which permitted the sale of kangaroo leather products back in January. No more kangaroo leather anything for me :(

On the bright side, I found the review super helpful! Picked up a 5 pack of the Srixon gloves off Amazon for $12.99 a glove with free prime shipping!

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

#10 JRgolf

JRgolf

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Handicap:10

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

I have been using the Footjoy Puretouch for a couple of months now. It is like a more durable (slightly thicker) Titleist Players glove. Another nice thing about them is that they are pre-stretched. They are a little on the spendy side but I am really liking them so far.

#11 gphin305

gphin305

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

After reading this review I just bought several of these Ping gloves online from PGA Superstore for $8.99 per ($24 reg) plus $4.95 shipping….quite a deal. Must have quickly sold out because they are no longer listed. I received them today and tried them on. While the leather feels and looks top grade, they are the first glove I’ve tried that doesn’t fit quite right. Been playing over 40 years and pretty much have tried and use every glove out there (except Ping, because of price). I take a ML and while the finger length is fine, this Ping glove doesn’t totally wrap around the back of my hand like it should, only covers about half the velcro. So the fingers would be too long in a L but the ML is a little too small. Still wearable but seems to be a weird fit. Before buying, I highly suggest trying on first, especially if you plan on paying normal price.  I also bought four MG Dynagrip Elites a couple weeks ago for $6.99 per and they fit and feel great. 

Cobra FlyZ+ Sonartec 17 degree Adams Idea Pro 20/23 Mizuno MP-64s Vokey Oil Can 52/56/60 Odyssey Metal X DART HDCP 8

#12 GolfSpy Barbajo

GolfSpy Barbajo

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Administrators
  • 6,291 posts
  • LocationPrior Lake, MN
  • Handicap:6.7

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:50 PM

Gloves sure are funny - what works for one hand doesn't for another. Picked up a PING glove at the PGA show and like it a lot. I've tried the MG gloves and quite frankly can't stand them (crappy feel, stretch out after one use -- for me), although I have a buddy who buys them by the bushel.  

I do tend to be a bit of a glove ho, but generally use Wilsons, FootJoys or Bridgestones (really like the Bridgestones). Will have to find some Srixon's online and give them a whirl. 

Also have a couple of Asher's coming in the mail - have liked them in the past so we'll see if the new incarnation is as good. 

fantasy-golf-2016-signature.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex 440, 9.5*, weight forward, Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73 shaft, stiff, tipped 1/4";  :srixon-small: Z-565, 9.5*, Miyazaki Kaula shaft, stiff

Mini Driver:   :callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini 1.5, 11*, Kuro Kage 60G shaft, stiff

FW Wood:  :ping-small: G Stretch 3, 13*, PING Alta Shaft, stiff;  :mizuno-small: JPX-900, 14*, Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution II shaft, stiff

Hybrids:  :benhogan-small: VKTR 17 & 21*, Aldila NV 85H shaft, stiff;  :srixon-small: H65, 19*, Miyazaki Kaula hybrid shaft, stiff

Irons:  :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6, 4-PW, DG AMT, stiff;  :benhogan-small: PTx, 25*-45*, KBS C-Taper shafts, stiff

Wedges:  :benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 15, 49-53-57-61*, KBS C-Taper shafts, stiff;  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*, DG Wedge flex;
                  :callaway-small: Mack Daddy PM Grind, 56-60*, KBS Tour-V Wedge flex

Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette

Follow @golfspybarbajo

#13 GolfSpy Meyer

GolfSpy Meyer

AGENT NAME: FT.WORTH

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• 4,233 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Handicap:2.9

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

Gloves sure are funny - what works for one hand doesn't for another. Picked up a PING glove at the PGA show and like it a lot. I've tried the MG gloves and quite frankly can't stand them (crappy feel, stretch out after one use -- for me), although I have a buddy who buys them by the bushel.  

I do tend to be a bit of a glove ho, but generally use Wilsons, FootJoys or Bridgestones (really like the Bridgestones). Will have to find some Srixon's online and give them a whirl. 

Also have a couple of Asher's coming in the mail - have liked them in the past so we'll see if the new incarnation is as good. 

I'm a fan of the Asher gloves, at least the old ones.  I'm set for the first couple months of the season but plan on putting some blue Asher's on the Father's Day list.

I'm also curious to try out Mettle gloves.  No idea on the quality but they have some colors and patterns I like.

Driver: :taylormade-small:  SLDR 430 10.5° set to 11° Diamana D+ 62 stiff
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 15°, 17°, 22°, 25° all Kuro Kage Black 80 HY stiff
Irons: :taylormade-small: Speedblades 6-9 KBS C-Taper S+
Wedges: Scor 45°, 50°, 54° & 58° C-Taper S+
Putter: Evnroll ER5

#14 MDGolfHacker

MDGolfHacker

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,794 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Handicap:16

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

I stopped using gloves this past year, after of course I purchased a bulk set of 10 sta-soft gloves from eBay. Of course after playing down here in Fl during the 80+ heat I might have to change that thought.

MDGolfHacker

Driver: LH taylormade.jpgR15 10.5* Aldila.png 95 MSI 70-3.3-S S-Flex
Fairway Woods: LH taylormade.jpgAeroburner 3-Wood 15* Speed Rul-Z 60 S-Flex
Hybrid: LH taylormade.jpgAeroBurner 3 Rescue 19* / 4 Rescue 22* - matrix%20shafts%2080x15.jpg Speed Rul-Z 70 S-Flex 
Irons: LH mizuno.jpg MP-57 1* flat standard loft 3-PW Project X Precision 5.5 
Wedges: LH 
:titelist-small:  SM 52*/10* & 58*/10*  with True Temper Wedge Flex Shafts

Putter: LH bettinardi.jpg C03

#15 tony@CIC

tony@CIC

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

I'm a fan of the Asher gloves, at least the old ones. I'm set for the first couple months of the season but plan on putting some blue Asher's on the Father's Day list.

I'm also curious to try out Mettle gloves. No idea on the quality but they have some colors and patterns I like.

Let us know how you like them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors