sixcat

What are you listening to?

You aren't watching?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I'm watching with the audio on.

And my "audio" happens to be four foot tall  JBL JRX-225s flanking the 70" flat screen in my man cave.

I don't have the hearing that I used to, and those tiny internal TV speakers are useless.

• Like 1

Jackson, by Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash.

It came up on my feed right after Hells Bells by AC/DC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In the movie Walk the Line. I thought Reese Witherspoon did a great job on that song. I was surprised she was that good of singer.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I love A7X

raymaffit

Greensburg, Pa

Taylormade Burner Superfast HT Driver

Top Flite 5 wood, 3/4 Hybrid

Nike SQ Machspeed 4i-AW

Odyssey DFX 1100

Noodle Long and Soft

• Like 2

Lately I've been binging on Avenged Sevenfold, really enjoy the diversity they bring as a band.

If you like A7F give "Periphery" and "protest the hero" a listen.. Lesser known but killer musical technicians with diversity.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

If you like A7F give "Periphery" and "protest the hero" a listen.. Lesser known but killer musical technicians with diversity.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

For sure I'll check them out I've heard of Protest the Hero but not sure I've heard them. After seeing A7X in Edmonton on February (with Breaking Benjamin and Bullet For My Valentine) been listening tp them alot.

• Like 1

For sure I'll check them out I've heard of Protest the Hero but not sure I've heard them. After seeing A7X in Edmonton on February (with Breaking Benjamin and Bullet For My Valentine) been listening tp them alot.

Finally someone with good taste in music.😀

That is a killer set list.

yeah I used to listen to Avenged and Bullet for my Valentine a lot. Protest the Hero is an Ontario group I believe. Both them and Periphery aren't as mainstream so creative liberties aren't quite as restricted.. which I think can make for more interesting music at times. At least from a musician's standpoint anyhow (been playing guitar and drums for 27 years). 

If you really want to take it another step further into the musician's world on the rock/metal side, check out Animals as Leaders. Instrumental band but on another planet as far as creativity and musical genius.. and they're just awesome to listen to even if you're not a complete music nerd like me. 

• Like 1

Protest the Hero is amazing. Their debut full length Kezia is a must for any metal fan.

Periphery is good but to me, they're one of those bands where if you own one album... you own them all. Purely personal opinion.

• Like 2

Protest the Hero is amazing. Their debut full length Kezia is a must for any metal fan.

Periphery is good but to me, they're one of those bands where if you own one album... you own them all. Purely personal opinion.

I don't disagree. Basically I've taken all of my favorite songs and have created a multi-album - album.. "best of" if you will. I've pretty much forgotten that half of their music even exists but what I have held onto is pretty awesome stuff. Musically, they're a really solid group. 

I kind of got that way with the A7X and Bullet. Not there with Periphery.. yet.. but I can see them as a band that doesn't really change their sound from album to album. Progression and new development is something that a lot of people look forward to when following a band.. Even if it's way out in left field from their other stuff, at least they're exploring.  

• Like 3