Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2018 PGA Championship

Shankster

You are a patient man

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It's easier to be patient when there are snacks coming home with her!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't need to steal YOUR girl with that ultimate smokeshow he's currently exposing to the entire free world.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The point is he CAN if he chooses and you are left powerless....

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

The kid's got great appeal for golf fans--not doubting that.

But people in urban pool rooms knew about Tiger.

People in assisted living know Tom Brady.

Even my wife knew Oscar DeLahoya.

Brooks has that kind of talent, but I just don't see that kind of charisma. Too whitebread.

I hope that I'm wrong for his sake. Maybe I am. He might kill it on the late night talk shows.

It's a point well taken - during your hiatus I quoted a 528 stat that showed that only Jack and Tiger have moved the TV ratings needle in the history of golf. Put them in contention on Sunday and ratings go up 20 percent.

No one else has done that - not Arnie nor Norman nor any of the young guns or Watson (Tom). Tiger and Jack

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

The point is he CAN if he chooses and you are left powerless....

you are assuming I had any power to begin with.   -_-

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

The kid's got great appeal for golf fans--not doubting that.

But people in urban pool rooms knew about Tiger

Brooks has that kind of talent, but I just don't see that kind of charisma. Too whitebread.

I hope that I'm wrong for his sake. Maybe I am. He might kill it on the late night talk shows.

I wish people would stop walking on eggshells about the 10,000 pound elephant in the room and just say it outright.  Here, let me help you...

"Even if Brooks Koepka wins 20 majors, he'll never get the attention or status that Tiger Woods got, because he's white, and Tiger is black."

See now, isn't this a lot easier if you (I'm saying you in general, and only using this quote from Nifty to illustrate the point) just admit your own prejudices, and why (some) people (will only) follow Tiger on the golf course.

No, I am not trolling with this honestly.  This is a conversation I hear all the time, in guarded tones in forums and in person that no one seems comfortable in either admitting or owning up to.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I wish people would stop walking on eggshells about the 10,000 pound elephant in the room and just say it outright.  Here, let me help you...

"Even if Brooks Koepka wins 20 majors, he'll never get the attention or status that Tiger Woods got, because he's white, and Tiger is black."

See now, isn't this a lot easier if you (I'm saying you in general, and only using this quote from Nifty to illustrate the point) just admit your own prejudices, and why (some) people (will only) follow Tiger on the golf course.

No, I am not trolling with this honestly.  This is a conversation I hear all the time, in guarded tones in forums and in person that no one seems comfortable in either admitting or owning up to.

I don't think your trolling.  I just KNOW you're wrong.     it's all because people think he is boring or no personality, which I don't personally agree with.    

See Rory when he was on his run of majors 3 or 4 years ago, he was the biggest star in the game by far.   If Rickie had won 3 of the last six majors, you'd be seeing his face all over every channel you turned to with advertisements, because of his appeal to all markets,  Boys want to be him, girls want to date him, mom's and dads want their daughters to bring him home to meet mom and dad.  

Tiger got the attention he did, because he won at a rate that no golfer in the history of the game had ever come close to, and he did so in dominating fashion, lapping the field by 10 shots or more, He did it by literally striking fear into his playing partners of going against him, knowing they had no chance.    That's why he got the attention he did,  Imagine during that time if Phil had ripped off  7 out of 11 majors.   That smiling mug would have been all over 5th avenue.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Imagine during that time if Phil had ripped off  7 out of 11 majors.   That smiling mug would have been all over 5th avenue.  

But he still would be in serious need of a dance class or two, or three  :lol:.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

I can't answer for everyone, but that is surely not the case for me. Other that Jack (and I don't think even him), NO ONE has been as dominant or garnered as much recognition "word wide" as Tiger... No one. His race/color has nothing to do with it. In fact, I would say that Tiger has transcended race.... he's just Tiger.

I don't think your trolling. I just KNOW you're wrong. it's all because people think he is boring or no personality, which I don't personally agree with.

See Rory when he was on his run of majors 3 or 4 years ago, he was the biggest star in the game by far. If Rickie had won 3 of the last six majors, you'd be seeing his face all over every channel you turned to with advertisements, because of his appeal to all markets, Boys want to be him, girls want to date him, mom's and dads want their daughters to bring him home to meet mom and dad.

Tiger got the attention he did, because he won at a rate that no golfer in the history of the game had ever come close to, and he did so in dominating fashion, lapping the field by 10 shots or more, He did it by literally striking fear into his playing partners of going against him, knowing they had no chance. That's why he got the attention he did, Imagine during that time if Phil had ripped off 7 out of 11 majors. That smiling mug would have been all over 5th avenue.

Not to mention that he did it basically as a kid....a boy among men and he dominated them all.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I wish people would stop walking on eggshells about the 10,000 pound elephant in the room and just say it outright. Here, let me help you...

No, I am not trolling with this honestly. This is a conversation I hear all the time, in guarded tones in forums and in person that no one seems comfortable in either admitting or owning up to.

He's not black...

https://www.thoughtco.com/tiger-woods-ethnicity-1566365

....SMH....

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Please...

...the sooner the better

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Id like to hear a bit more talk about the exciting finish on Sunday. Poor Adam Scott was there until the 71st hole and he hasn't gotten a blip of discussion.

If we cant turn it back to the actual championship. We'll turn it off.

Please...

...the sooner the better

I agree. Mods time to lock it up.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

How many major sporting events can you think of . Where the last group had 3/4 less fans following than the group that didn't win? What a bargain that event wouldve been too follow Kopeka. You could have stood feet away from almost every shot he took with Adam Scott. Those people following the final group were really treated to a great tourney

Keep it in the short stuff

Id like to hear a bit more talk about the exciting finish on Sunday. Poor Adam Scott was there until the 71st hole and he hasn't gotten a blip of discussion.

Out of Adam, Brooks, and TW.

Adam and TW are on my list of favorites. Add Brooks to that list now, but any of those 3 would have/is a great winner.

As with Rickie falling off, and Rahm. I don't know if these two will check the box for a while.

Poor Gary Woodland got Tigerized by the fans, hung in there pretty good I thought though.

I admired the way he hung in there. Just think. He was hanging shot for shot with BK for the majority of the round and he's having to hit approaches from an extra 20-30 yards away. Not something to be ignored. That's for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I admired the way he hung in there. Just think. He was hanging shot for shot with BK for the majority of the round and he's having to hit approaches from an extra 20-30 yards away. Not something to be ignored. That's for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

One of my all time favorite good guys on tour. I would have been very happy for him if he had won

I agree. Mods time to lock it up.

Why? Was there something said that was crude, or out of line? Or just something that makes a few uncomfortable? If the latter...... it's easy to just not read any further. It's just an honest discussion... nothing more.

Why? Was there something said that was crude, or out of line? Or just something that makes a few uncomfortable? If the latter...... it's easy to just not read any further. It's just an honest discussion... nothing more.

Not at all. I am in complete agreement with you (your post #340). A different poster had mad a comment related to TW race and I didn't want us to get dragged into that discussion,

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Can we talk about how Adam Scott carried two putters in his bag on Sunday but only used one of them?

Never heard anyone carry two putters before, especially on the Sunday of a major

Right...! No driver sure, two drivers ok, a Phrakenwood. But a broomstick and a regular putter...? Only Adam Scott could possibly pull this off, with no chatter about it.

Moreover... what good did the anchor ban do besides hurt a handful of pros games? I used to know a bunch of good putters that used a long stick.

It was the swagger.

The disdain for the competition.

The shots that only a genetic freak could make under pressure. Even not under pressure.

The intimidation factor.

The young Tiger stood out. He ran away from a tough Masters field before he could grow a decent goatee.

That's gone forever.  But now there's nostalgia. Will we see a true Tiger prowl one more time?

We just came damn close. And that could happen for a long time.  Remember Watson at the R&A's  Open just a few years back?  He nearly turned the Claret Jug into a six pack like Young Tom Morris once did.

As for Adam and the two putters, I don't get that at all.  I wouldn't bag one if i didn't have to. I truly hate the damned things.

Didn't Phil carry two drivers in a major at least once?  They probably plan for a situation that does or doesn't materialize.  

Can we talk about how Adam Scott carried two putters in his bag on Sunday but only used one of them?

Never heard anyone carry two putters before, especially on the Sunday of a major

Yea, I didn't really understand that. Until he finds a putter that he likes, he won't win much.

It just seemed to me, of the 3 guys at the end, 2 of them struggled with the one part of the game that made a difference down the stretch. The drive. 1 guy pounded Driver on these holes, even when he didn't need to. The other 2 needed to hit solid tee shots and both hit the Saturday hacker shot when it mattered most. Tiger needed a birdie on 17, or at least par as it turned out. Scott had to have birdie on 18. Tiger looked emotionally drained a bit to me going through 13-16 on Sunday, he was grinding hard and that can weigh on your body. He then flared a horrible tee shot to the right, which he struggled with all day. Adam Scott, who is one of the best ball strikers and most accurate Drivers in the game, hit one of the worst tee shots of the weekend on the 18th hole. Meanwhile Brooks looked calm and cool after a rocky Start, he settled in and made shot after shot. I think it's funny, everyone says brooks has no Personality, but not long ago the same folks where all over Rham because he shows to much emotion, which is part of his personality. Brooks does a lot of things right, he's a good person, and plays golf as even keeled as anyone of us wishes we were. If he was cost pumping all day, the talk would be that he's just showing off. The guy wins Majors, I don't care what emotion he shows, as long as he is a gracious champion, and treats people kindly.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Brooks does a lot of things right, he's a good person, and plays golf as even keeled as anyone of us wishes we were. If he was cost pumping all day, the talk would be that he's just showing off. The guy wins Majors, I don't care what emotion he shows, as long as he is a gracious champion, and treats people kindly.

Absolutely.  I think that we all agree on that.

We're just talking about his marketability--what it takes to be a household name in non golf households.

What it takes to know that your opulent old age is completely covered before you turn thirty-five.

He reminds me of a guy like DL3, he doesn't have a lot of wow factor. Quietly goes about his business. I think Brooks has more talent than Davis Love III. I think it will just take longer for Brooks to become a media or a marketable person. If he continues to win it will change, but he doesn't want the spotlight, so it will take time for it to happen.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

He reminds me of a guy like DL3, he doesn't have a lot of wow factor. Quietly goes about his business. I think Brooks has more talent than Davis Love III. I think it will just take longer for Brooks to become a media or a marketable person. If he continues to win it will change, but he doesn't want the spotlight, so it will take time for it to happen.

I really think he has the Appeal of one of my favorite players. Mr. Palmer.

Get this dude an oil commercial, Cadillac sponsorship, and a cool logo...

Obviously no one will be Arnie, but it seems BK has the likable personality it would take to gain interest from the masses.

Go ahead and call me crazy. I know I am.

Archived