jlukes

Mizuno ST190 & ST190G Drivers Thread

11 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That was some good stuff from Chris Voshall with Ian.  I wiill be in tbe booth this am.  Dont know bie much more infi i can get vs what he said in that video.   

But ill effort a picture or two.  

I'm also interested in the Shaft choices.   I swear I saw something that showed the Atmos Tour Black as the ST- G Standard and the ST Standard Atmos Blue and Red...  Maybe I'm confusing another MFG... 

Honestly, this is one of the drivers I want to try out this year, along with the Epic Flash & Cobra F9. I was a huge fan of the ST-180, so this should be awesome to hit when it arrives in February.

• Like 1

I finally got the ST190 in my hands today in Nashville.  The look is fantastic but boy does it sit open at address.  Those of you that have hit this club did this impact performance at all for you?

30 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I finally got the ST190 in my hands today in Nashville.  The look is fantastic but boy does it sit open at address.  Those of you that have hit this club did this impact performance at all for you?

Just gave me the confidence to let it rip since my miss is typically and over draw 

• Like 2

I hit it today, and I HAVE to have a driver that looks open! My miss is a hook, so anything square-to-closed is a no-go. It didn’t affect performance for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I hit it today, and I HAVE to have a driver that looks open! My miss is a hook, so anything square-to-closed is a no-go. It didn’t affect performance for me.

How'd it go? I saw you got fitted into the hm pros for irons. What did you end up with for driver? 

How'd it go? I saw you got fitted into the hm pros for irons. What did you end up with for driver? 

I hit some drivers with various aftermarket shafts, but didn’t officially do a fitting. Saw the highest ball speeds with F9 and M5, M5 was straighter for me, but F9 was consistent in the ball speed. I’m going to keep my G400 Max through Spring as I really haven’t hit it during “golf season”. It works well for me!

• Like 3

On 2/19/2019 at 7:50 PM, Wedgie said:

I wonder if that's an over correction from the 180. I found last year's model was a hook machine, and I struggled to deliver loft to it (and I had a higher lofted model than my gamer). So in reality they might be bringing it back to the middle, or making an exaggerated change from last year (assuming you can mitigate the face angle with the adjustable weights they added as well).

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

I wonder if that's an over correction from the 180. I found last year's model was a hook machine, and I struggled to deliver loft to it (and I had a higher lofted model than my gamer). So in reality they might be bringing it back to the middle, or making an exaggerated change from last year (assuming you can mitigate the face angle with the adjustable weights they added as well).

Yeah, great point.  To me last years model sat closed.  Although the 190 sits open it may benefit me a bit as it encourages me to roll my wrists a bit better and follow thru.  Going to try to hit it this week outdoors.

• Like 2

To me, I feel like it is going to come down to the ST vs. the F9. With all of the positive buzz around these drivers, it definitely has me excited to hit them. I have hit most of the new stuff, and thus far the F9 has been the standout for me, and when you factor in the very reasonable price tag i am thinking its going to be hard to beat. Considering that the ST is going to fit into a similar price bracket, I am excited to see if it can keep up with the F9. 

Should be able to get my hands on one within a couple of weeks to give these two a good head to head. 

Really excited to hear the comment around the face sitting open at address.

Got a ST190 on order with the Atmos Black Tour Spec Black 6X. Looking forward to it. My best tournament year was when I played the JPX 850. If this is slightly more forgiving then it will be near perfect for me!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jayjay0808 said:

Got a ST190 on order with the Atmos Black Tour Spec Black 6X. Looking forward to it. My best tournament year was when I played the JPX 850. If this is slightly more forgiving then it will be near perfect for me!

lookin forward to seeing how you get along with it

On 2/25/2019 at 6:41 AM, newballcoach said:

I found the same thing testing the 180, I couldn't find the right half of  planet earth with it. But everything else was great. I know they said they built the 190 with the desire to get it some tour adoption, that would require giving it a more open face for that demographic. My 2 cents. 

• Like 1

And just like that, the ST190 gives Mizuno its first win of the year at the Honda Classic. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Thin2win said:

And just like that, the ST190 gives Mizuno its first win of the year at the Honda Classic. 

I think the biggest news is that it was from a guy without an equipment deal, meaning he wasn't being paid to put it into play, he looked at all the other options and chose the 190. If that's not the biggest win for Mizuno in a decade plus, not sure what is.

• Like 4

I think the biggest news is that it was from a guy without an equipment deal, meaning he wasn't being paid to put it into play, he looked at all the other options and chose the 190. If that's not the biggest win for Mizuno in a decade plus, not sure what is.
BK's multiple majors with irons he's not paid to play?

Sent from my SM-A600A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, romeopapazulu said:

BK's multiple majors with irons he's not paid to play?

Sent from my SM-A600A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

But they're known for irons. Dozens of tour guys play their irons. Driver on the other hand...

6 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

But they're known for irons. Dozens of tour guys play their irons. Driver on the other hand...

... There was a time when Mizuno drivers were among the best in the game. T-Zoid was a solid driver used by Nick Faldo and many good players. Pro 300S was almost legendary and the MP600 was played by a ton of single digit handicaps ... then Mizuno drivers fell off the face of the earth. Nice to see them back with the ST190. 

• Like 1

Hopefully they will stay away from blue drivers/woods...can only help.

If I hadn't bought a new driver last year, I'd be anxious to try the ST190.

• Like 2