Golfspy_CG2

2019-Official Forum Member Review-PING Blueprint Irons

Our Sponsors

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

That’s where PING needs to keep this type of iron in their lineup. When I say they are forgiving, I truly mean it. For a blade they are stupid forgiving. They definitely hit the mark with these. Now just don’t mess them up.... or stop making them all together.

PING Blueprint and forgiving are two words I would have never thought to share a sentence 😎.

• Like 3

PING Blueprint and forgiving are two words I would have never thought to share a sentence .

In the realm of blades yes. Compared to some offerings they aren’t one bit. I’d even say they are as forgiving as the i200’s, from what I remember.
  • Like 2

I don’t have any questions that haven’t already been addressed.

I just want to say thanks for digging in on this review and giving me a legitimate reason for considering these irons next season.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I don’t have any questions that haven’t already been addressed.

I just want to say thanks for digging in on this review and giving me a legitimate reason for considering these irons next season.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Definitely. I’m glad you pulled some useful information out of it all. I think you’ll enjoy them even if they don’t end up in your bag. Very distinct feel and ball flight.

Definitely. I’m glad you pulled some useful information out of it all. I think you’ll enjoy them even if they don’t end up in your bag. Very distinct feel and ball flight.

Honestly, I never would have considered them. Narrow toe to heel and blade are characteristics of clubs that I would have played yesteryear.

I’m entering next season with an open mind. Anything is welcome to join my bag when it comes to irons and wedges.
  • Like 2

Honestly, I never would have considered them. Narrow toe to heel and blade are characteristics of clubs that I would have played yesteryear.

I’m entering next season with an open mind. Anything is welcome to join my bag when it comes to irons and wedges.

They aren’t that much smaller than my previous set heel to toe. Mostly from top line to sole is the only real obvious difference and it isn’t much.

19 minutes ago, Shankster said:

They aren’t that much smaller than my previous set heel to toe. Mostly from top line to sole is the only real obvious difference and it isn’t much.

Only one way for me to find out 😁

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I'll bet they are no smaller than PE2's... which look like teaspoons compared to most modern clubs - of all categories.

• Like 1

I'll bet they are no smaller than PE2's... which look like teaspoons compared to most modern clubs - of all categories.

True. They are a wee bit smaller than those.

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

True. They are a wee bit smaller than those.

So I was gaming "Playaz Clubs" for over 30 years 😎.

• Like 2

After round update:

With Arcos I am seeing a bunch of “bunching” with my distance gaps. I normally don’t take a full swing with my clubs, but man it seems like the mid irons all go 150-160 yards, and the short irons all go 110-130... then the long irons are all bunched at 195-205. You can see the issue there. I’ll have to do some testing to see if I am taking a club much and easing up on it...

It was cold and windy today, everything was coming up short.

Since beginning this test I’ve grown more and more attached to these irons. Every round I learn something new about them. The feel is really growing on me.

A few more weeks before I publish the Stage 2, I was delayed a bit from work... but I haven’t forgotten about my duty to provide you all a review! Trust me I would much rather talk about these kind of Blueprints than the ones I am dealing with at work.

I’ll send out a last call for questions in a week or so.

Stay tuned... the one club challenge is still going to happen!

• Like 5

Looks like you have some company Alan...

• Like 4

Looks like you have some company Alan...

Ole Rick must have read my review. And my highly professional social media and YouTube accounts had something to do with it. Glad I could persuade Rick to join the “Blueprint”...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

After watching Rick’s video there, I’ll add my thoughts on distance control.

Last round out I had the course to myself. So I parked at the 130 range and took aim with the 9 iron. Left and right was all me, but the distance was all within a few yards.

I’ll even use a Rick word to describe them.

Superb.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Shankster said:

After watching Rick’s video there, I’ll add my thoughts on distance control.

Last round out I had the course to myself. So I parked at the 130 range and took aim with the 9 iron. Left and right was all me, but the distance was all within a few yards.

I’ll even use a Rick word to describe them.

Superb.

Pretty dang impressive looking at how consistent they are.

Left to Right dispersion can be fixed; long/short much harder to fix.  

Besides that these are just absolutely gorgeous to look at.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 1:45 PM, Shankster said:

After round update:

With Arcos I am seeing a bunch of “bunching” with my distance gaps. I normally don’t take a full swing with my clubs, but man it seems like the mid irons all go 150-160 yards, and the short irons all go 110-130... then the long irons are all bunched at 195-205. You can see the issue there. I’ll have to do some testing to see if I am taking a club much and easing up on it...

It was cold and windy today, everything was coming up short.

Since beginning this test I’ve grown more and more attached to these irons. Every round I learn something new about them. The feel is really growing on me.

A few more weeks before I publish the Stage 2, I was delayed a bit from work... but I haven’t forgotten about my duty to provide you all a review! Trust me I would much rather talk about these kind of Blueprints than the ones I am dealing with at work.

I’ll send out a last call for questions in a week or so.

Stay tuned... the one club challenge is still going to happen!

How many rounds have you had now? I had a bunching issue on Arccos with my Cobras when I first started but it's nicely spread now and I would imagine the same will happen with you 😁😎

• Like 1

How many rounds have you had now? I had a bunching issue on Arccos with my Cobras when I first started but it's nicely spread now and I would imagine the same will happen with you

Only 3 with the system installed.

This is a nice thread to read through. The blueprints are amazing irons. I wish I had the coin for a fit set. 

• Like 1

Alright Ladies and Gentlemen, today I’ll be getting 18 in before the sun sets unless the course is jammed up. It will be the last time I get to play before the Stage 2 goes up.

As long as the course isn’t busy, I’ll do the 3 hole, 2 iron challenge. I’ll shoot to take a video, if not I will put up the Arccos hole by hole map.

Par 5, short par 4, and a 170 yard par 3 over water....

It has been a pleasure talking with you all about these beautiful wrenches.

Last call, Last call for questions!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Shankster said:

Alright Ladies and Gentlemen, today I’ll be getting 18 in before the sun sets unless the course is jammed up. It will be the last time I get to play before the Stage 2 goes up.

As long as the course isn’t busy, I’ll do the 3 hole, 2 iron challenge. I’ll shoot to take a video, if not I will put up the Arccos hole by hole map.

Par 5, short par 4, and a 170 yard par 3 over water....

It has been a pleasure talking with you all about these beautiful wrenches.

Last call, Last call for questions!

Oh boy, I have been dying to see or hear about this three hole challenge 🤩😁

• Like 3