Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New RM303SS creation from MannKrafted

golfluvzme

I had some time on my hands, early one morning last week and this blade is what came of it.

Handmilled from Rocky Mtn 303 SS, I was not sold on the look, so it sat untouched for a few days. Last evening, the idea came to deepen the weight and give it a different overall look.

Not your average handmilled, anymore, LOL.

Check it out and comment if you want.

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

2011_09250002.jpg

2011_09250001.jpg

2011_09250007.jpg

2011_09250005.jpg

2011_09250009.jpg

2011_09250003.jpg

Never let it be said that I stay with what is "safe" or "traditional". I have done both ways and stepping outside the box, even with the risk of taking a tomato in the ear, is worth the risk.

Thanks again,

LaMont in AZ

Yep, I knew I was far from the first to go with the weight ring, but the more I looked at mine, the less it appealed to me. I do like the much thinner ring, though. Putters are about the most personal club in the bag, so every opinion is going to be different.

This one is going back to the drawing board and we'll see what exits the other side. That is the nice thing about prototyping with Super Glue and not welds, LOL. A few sharp whacks and we are back to three pieces and a clean sheet of paper.

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

• SPY VIP

Well personally I think putters are very subjective and in the eye of the beholder...but I think the larger ring for those that like this type of putter would tend to give you more confidence at address then the thinner ring.

P.S. - Also we are not like other forums...where posting pictures of putters from another brand is against any type of ridiculous rules. I think he was doing nothing more then showing different views for the members of a putter with a similar design. I appreciated the comparison as well...because the Machine putter was the first thing I thought about when seeing yours.

#TruthDigest

In general, I think a weighted ring is a pretty cool idea.

Having it span the whole width of the putter may be a bit overkill visually, in my opinion. Now if it were made only as wide as the pocket or even ball-width, that could still work as long as it provided enough weight difference, but not so much that the COG is lowered too dramatically.

Archived