Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Does it frustrate you?

Gary626

On 11/9/2022 at 8:49 AM, Gary626 said:

I have read many articles stating that Covid and the pandemic have brought a slew of new people into the game. The majority say it is a good thing. I disagree! It seems that every round our group plays, we get behind the threesome or foursome that has seemingly never played golf before.  Breakfast balls on #1 are expected, but you don't get two or three on each tee box! Please leave your favorite tee at home, I truthfully had a group putt out on a par three and then drive back to our tee box and ask for his tee. Then there is the group that thinks the fairway is a driving range. They don't like the outcome of their shot, just drop another and try again. We have had guys if front of us on a saturday teaching their girlfriends how to swing a golf club, and showing no concern for holding up the entire golf course. I was once the newbie, friends who had played for years took me to the driving range. I then played nothing but scrambles for months. disrupting other peoples games was not tolerated. We have gone from sub 4 hour rounds to if you get done in 5 it's a good day. Is it just me?

I was a golfer when I was very young but as someone that came back due to Covid and all that nonsense, I can understand the frustration from that. I don’t tend to really care what the group infront of me is doing as long as it is with good intentions and not holding up the the time of play. I am not a big fan of all the people that clog up the ranges with horsing around and overall just being obnoxious. I have friends I casually play with that aren’t very good and if they take a bad shot they will just take a drop and keep the ball moving. 
I’ve had more problems with marshals or supervisors that are so fed up with feeling with the idiots that if you play a thigh light round they tend to be pissed off and just rude. 
Also older guys that see a group of younger players having a bit of a struggle and just treating poorly and ruining the day for everyone. 
This is the reality right now and we have to teach me players etiquette and teach the rude players to have a little bit of patience. Had a few too many altercations on the course due to outright rudeness. 

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

On 11/9/2022 at 12:14 PM, DiscipleofPenick said:

-Starters & Rangers that are actually good at their job and professional. Checking tee times, recommending tees, and enforcing speed/moving groups up that fall out of position on busy days

The rangers here on our courses do a great job of this.  Most are residents who like the PT work and just being around the courses and members.   Except for a few men's league days during peak season, a round nearing 5 hours is rare.  8 months a year almost all rounds are played under 4 hours.

I've heard it said that if you really want to move golf rounds along, strategically place a group of women in between the men.  Keep your butts moving or get run over 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)