2022: A Year to Remember in Women's Golf

tonyj5

I notice that some of the events are finally starting to up their prize money, yet...  many of those events I see on TV are still not attracting a lot of spectators... Personally I agree when people say that the LPGA players are a more applicable swing model for amateurs vs the pro men, so just wondering "out loud" what might be done to try to increase fan attendance / tv viewership..??

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

19 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

I notice that some of the events are finally starting to up their prize money, yet...  many of those events I see on TV are still not attracting a lot of spectators... Personally I agree when people say that the LPGA players are a more applicable swing model for amateurs vs the pro men, so just wondering "out loud" what might be done to try to increase fan attendance / tv viewership..??

Nice post. Tv ratings are up this year as is the prize money. That said, its still not where it should be. Newspapers do not even the the LPGA events. Such a shame as the girls put on quite a show and are so fan friendly.

My daughter and I attended a few LPGA events in person this year including the US Women's Open at Pine Needles. Attending events in person really showcases how the women do a significantly better job of engaging and interacting with fans than the men do. Maybe that's partly out of necessity. Maybe it's the fact that women are just better at engaging as a whole than men. Regardless of the reasons, it was noticed and appreciated. 

As a result, I found myself watching the LPGA much more than I ever have in the past.