Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Good Morning all!

@cnosil wins!  The Golo 6 won't be making it down to Virginia... 🤣 Not a bad putter, but not everything I was looking for.

I've currently got my eyes on something different.

Got to PGASS yesterday just to mess around.  Got to hit some of the new drivers.  Cobra DARKSPEED X with the LinQ white is a good feeling club, as was the Ai-SMOKE.  They tossed the Denali shaft in there for me and I have to say that has some good feel too but was different than the LinQ.  I also determined that me swinging a driver in February for any sort of actual fitting would be beyond pointless.  I'm better off waiting until I thaw out and make some actual real swings!

Can’t wait to hear your take on the AI-Smoke

Play like a champion today!

1 minute ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

I hit the Max, as the TD is probably not what I need in my game.  Still the swing was a bit... "fadey" yeah, that's what we'll call it, so I was getting around 3K spin and low 240 carries.  Honestly, I'd be happy with that right now! lol

I was curious how it would feel without jailbreak and I'm happy to report it still felt good like most Callaway drivers have for the past several years.  It's one I'll want to try out as I get back into the swing of things this season.

The longest drive came when I turned a Cobra Darkspeed max over and got a low spin bomb ball.  I didn't get one of those with the Callaway but overall it was more consistent.  The Denali shaft they tossed in was also the 70 so it was heavier and stiffer than the LinQ and probably not an ideal fit.

I wouldn't rule either out of contention though, I know that much.

Very interesting thanks!

1 hour ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Good Morning all!

@cnosil wins!  The Golo 6 won't be making it down to Virginia... 🤣 Not a bad putter, but not everything I was looking for.

I've currently got my eyes on something different.

Got to PGASS yesterday just to mess around.  Got to hit some of the new drivers.  Cobra DARKSPEED X with the LinQ white is a good feeling club, as was the Ai-SMOKE.  They tossed the Denali shaft in there for me and I have to say that has some good feel too but was different than the LinQ.  I also determined that me swinging a driver in February for any sort of actual fitting would be beyond pointless.  I'm better off waiting until I thaw out and make some actual real swings!

Aaah let me guess another one of us who have hit the big five oh???? I go pretty hard for my age and still have speed but just as you said if I don't swing for a few weeks I need warmth and a bunch of wedge work before I start swinging the big dog!! My swing emulates Jim Furyk after a handle of Tito's as is but swinging cold???? The fitter would laugh and kick me out of the store 🤣

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

13 minutes ago, Marlin Dave said:

Aaah let me guess another one of us who have hit the big five oh???? I go pretty hard for my age and still have speed but just as you said if I don't swing for a few weeks I need warmth and a bunch of wedge work before I start swinging the big dog!! My swing emulates Jim Furyk after a handle of Tito's as is but swinging cold???? The fitter would laugh and kick me out of the store 🤣

No, more or less when I’m stiff I compensate by trying to swing hard which just forces an over the top move for me. 

need a few real range sessions to get back into a good swing with the long clubs. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

23 hours ago, Woodrow72 said:

Speaking of gloves I’ve  Been using a great glove , UpGlove, available online extremely reasonable and wear great , they have the best Cabrera leather grip area and a mesh upper that breathes and keeps the glove from getting too sweaty , they stay soft and pliable , just the thing for warm weather , check them out the web , I personally won’t  use another glove , I receive 2 gloves a quarter and they last so long I have several backed up ( I play 5-6 times a week ) 

Up Glove is great and they are a very well made glove. I was lucky enough to do the RR test last year and I would say RR is #1 and Upglove #2 maybe 1B due to price. 

I did order 4 of the RR gloves on this round, but I always have an Upglove with me as well, or I should say I plan to once I can actually start hitting golf balls again. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Dive bar tacos are tough to beat in my experience! Glad you guys had some fun!

1 hour ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

DIVE BAR TACOS 🌮…. This brought back long, long ago memories of stumbling and bumbling along the streets of Mexican border towns looking for food at 3-4:00 AM in the morning…. Thank you for priming that memory. 

I must report that it was my first time trying this hole in the wall and it was really good, the dark little gems are always the best. It is hard to find one with pool tables as well, everybody likes Darts in Long Beach 🤷🏽‍♂️

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

1 minute ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I must report that it was my first time trying this hole in the wall and it was really good, the dark little gems are always the best. It is hard to find one with pool tables as well, everybody likes Darts in Long Beach 🤷🏽‍♂️

Love shooting a game of stick every once in awhile. My parents have a pool table so my dad and I always run a few games when we visit with the kids. 

Totally agree that the places that look like dumps on the outside usually have some of the best food! The local Mexican restaurant here looks like a place you’d wanna avoid on the outside, but they have the BEST food and margaritas around. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

16 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

Good Morning Fellas & Ladies

I'm ultra optimistic this morning. I had the chance to go to a local Sim house and see if I could make a golf swing pain free. This is the first time in months (going back to Aug 2023) I have been able to do this. Then waking up this morning and not having major nerve issues, Ultra tightness in the low back or sciatic pains.  

As for golf on the sim, it went pretty well. Played Bay harbor, shot an 85 which is awesome for me. having not done anything like this for 7 months I wasn't sure how the clubs would react. I could not get a ball to left and had a big OL' slice with the driver. My guess is it was due to swing speed being down and just plain out of shape. 

I don't really care as I can make a swing and hopefully be able to get things straightened out. 

Happy Sunday Folks

My money is on Xander today. Patrick might be the most steady Eddy we have seen in long time tho. 

Good to hear you are feeling well enough to unpack the swing and give it a go again.

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

No, more or less when I’m stiff I compensate by trying to swing hard which just forces an over the top move for me. 

need a few real range sessions to get back into a good swing with the long clubs. 

I try to think faster not harder when giving a shot another gear. Harder does make me at times get off plane. When I think faster, my brain reacts to that. I also make sure my grip is loose. Tension when swinging faster gets you off plane as well. 

25 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I have now demo’d several of those 2024 drivers (all three versions of the Cobra DarkSpeed, the various iterations of the TM Qi10, the Ping G430 Max 10K, and the Callaway AI Smoke and AI Smoke Max … I didn’t get an opportunity to hit the Triple Diamond version because there wasn’t one available at the time).

was very interested in trying the DarkSpeed drivers, particularly the X, and was actually quite excited about hitting the AI Smoke drivers, plus the G430 Max 10K. Most shocking to me was that, try as I may, I couldn’t get any decent results with the Cobras, with the longest drive I hit being a nasty low hook. The G430 10K and the standard version of the Paradym AI Smoke gave me the best results by a decent margin over the others, and I liked the sound and feel the best with the AI Smoke driver. Still, nothing gave me any significant measurable performance gains over my 2023 Paradym X driver with the HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.0 shaft in it (I hadn’t started playing the Paradym X with the Newton Motion shaft yet at the time).

It seems that I have become a “Callaway driver guy”, as my last two drivers have been a Rogue ST Max LS and my current Paradym X “gamer”. I also have a Rogue ST Max TD head in which I have installed the Newton shaft, now that the HZRDUS Black shaft is back in my Paradym X.

If I change drivers in 2024, which is a big IF and highly unlikely, it will probably be to an AI Smoke model (possibly the X). Since that driver was neck-and-neck with the G430 Max 10K, and I have far more shafts in Callaway adapters than in those that fit other driver brands!

How does the Newton shaft feel and perform? I have a callaway rogue ST Max LS. 

1 minute ago, Jbugai said:

Here you go!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

50 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Here you go!

Thanks, Jamie! I was just about to post that link.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

53 minutes ago, Jbugai said:

When you go to the linked thread that Jamie (GolfSpy APH) provided, you may be particularly interested in my latest update, just posted less than an hour ago.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Good Afternoon MGS Troops! Chilling at the Colorado Golf Expo in Denver. Lots of great vendors. I spent a ton, but one of my favorite stops was at Sauce Golf! https://saucegolf.com/ They have this really neat towel that zips into a bag or head cover or a tube so that it stays wet the whole round. I thought it would be perfect for the upcoming Mesquite trip. Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday and Happy Birdie Hunting!

IMG_4054.jpeg

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

2 hours ago, JFish350 said:

Up Glove is great and they are a very well made glove. I was lucky enough to do the RR test last year and I would say RR is #1 and Upglove #2 maybe 1B due to price. 

I did order 4 of the RR gloves on this round, but I always have an Upglove with me as well, or I should say I plan to once I can actually start hitting golf balls again. 

I tried their subscription once, splitting it with a friend. 4 gloves 3x year I think? Ot avg to 12 per glove .  Very nice, but I was only playing once a month at the time, and it was unnecessary to have 4 gloves for that little play. If I ever play more than 4x a month, I may reconsider.  Still on the email list too.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

3 hours ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

DIVE BAR TACOS 🌮…. This brought back long, long ago memories of stumbling and bumbling along the streets of Mexican border towns looking for food at 3-4:00 AM in the morning…. Thank you for priming that memory. 

While dive bar tacos and street truck tacos at wee hours is great, nothing tops a gator muffalata at 4 am, walking out through the French quarter!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

14 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

While dive bar tacos and street truck tacos at wee hours is great, nothing tops a gator muffalata at 4 am, walking out through the French quarter!

I will accept your statement as fact. As I have never been in good enough shape to still be standing let alone walking at 4:00 AM after a night in the French Quarter… 

1 hour ago, Erin B said:

t one of my favorite stops was at Sauce Golf! https://saucegolf.com/ They have this really neat towel that zips into a bag or head cover or a tube so that it stays wet the whole round. I thought it would be perfect for the upcoming Mesquite trip. 

Looks interesting;  definitely post your thoughts on how well it works after you trip.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG