Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

18 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

@Preeway has me wanting to go to Bandon from those beautiful pics but getting 4 guys together and none of the wives saying anything for a trip across the country doesn't seem logical till we are old enough that they want us to leave for 10 days (which prolly won't be long)

It’s a great trip if you can pull it off. The harder part is planning 18 months ahead and calling first thing to get a tee time. They fill up fast. It’s not hard to get out as a single if you aren’t picky about your time and which course you play. As a foursome though, you would need to call way ahead. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

41 minutes ago, ZoonORama said:

Good Morning Spies!

It has been a minute since I have been able to get to this forum. Work is really picking up and it has created a vortex that has sucked me in. However, this morning I have a couple of hours before I have to get things going (Vet visit for the doggo, graduation celebration for my niece, mowing, and visit with grandkids). Full day. Hopefully, I can get to the range as I have been a scratch golfer from the mat recently.

I have literally hundreds of posts to catch up on. I feel like I am missing out terribly. Also, there are so many new reviews I NEED to see! Especially the SM10 Vokey wedges reviews. I know @snoopy79 just got his set and I am really excited to see how they work for him. We have scheduled a round for the 15th locally. I’ll get some action shots 😉.

As far as golf stuff - I did make some grip changes on the Takomo irons to CP2 Pro from the stock crossline grips. Seems to have helped my hand pain. I also added a JumboMax grip to my driver after hitting one that @snoopy79 put on his driver. Have to admit, I thought it was ridiculous at first but it was comfy. So, I put one on my Callaway and it really has allowed me to stay more relaxed and my dispersion seems much better. Who knew?

Have a wonderful weekend all!

Cheers! ⛳

Thanks for checking in !  Heck, if I miss one day I feel like it's been a week gone by!

Nice job on the grip swap too!  I may have to look into a jumbo for my driver!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

4 minutes ago, William P said:

Good Saturday morning Everyone!

Going to be another scorcher here today with heat index above the 100 mark again. Yesterday was a brutal one and to top it off AC decided to go on strike... 🥵 Fortunately, it was just a capacitor, and was able to get it running again after locating replacement. For that reason, I did not get the opportunity for range time and today is out as SWMBO has already put her design on today's activities... 🥴 I have registered a formal complaint with the board of inequity and campaigned for range session tomorrow. Was advised she would put it in the queue for consideration later...🤔

@Northern Monkey have a great vacation!

@cksurfdude enjoy the concert. Ol' George puts on a show and you've got a couple of great opening acts as well!

Back in November of last year I decided to join in the forum looking for the opportunity to associate with individuals who shared a love of the game. With uncertainty about what I would encounter, this is the only social media platform I am involved in, I decided to get my feet wet. 6 - 7 months later I find myself fully submerged in a great community that has proven there are still folks who believe in and demonstrate compassion and respect for others and their opinions. This is a facet of our culture that seems to be getting lost in our currently somewhat divisive beliefs and behaviors. 

This is my 1000th post and I wish to thank all the MGS forum staff and the members for their continued support and effort to maintain this engaging community environment. 

Everyone have a safe and pleasant day to start your weekend. Fairways and Greens! 

Congrats!  Your sharing of knowledge and support are a great asset here!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

22 minutes ago, William P said:

Good Saturday morning Everyone!

Going to be another scorcher here today with heat index above the 100 mark again. Yesterday was a brutal one and to top it off AC decided to go on strike... 🥵 Fortunately, it was just a capacitor, and was able to get it running again after locating replacement. For that reason, I did not get the opportunity for range time and today is out as SWMBO has already put her design on today's activities... 🥴 I have registered a formal complaint with the board of inequity and campaigned for range session tomorrow. Was advised she would put it in the queue for consideration later...🤔

@Northern Monkey have a great vacation!

@cksurfdude enjoy the concert. Ol' George puts on a show and you've got a couple of great opening acts as well!

Back in November of last year I decided to join in the forum looking for the opportunity to associate with individuals who shared a love of the game. With uncertainty about what I would encounter, this is the only social media platform I am involved in, I decided to get my feet wet. 6 - 7 months later I find myself fully submerged in a great community that has proven there are still folks who believe in and demonstrate compassion and respect for others and their opinions. This is a facet of our culture that seems to be getting lost in our currently somewhat divisive beliefs and behaviors. 

This is my 1000th post and I wish to thank all the MGS forum staff and the members for their continued support and effort to maintain this engaging community environment. 

Everyone have a safe and pleasant day to start your weekend. Fairways and Greens! 

Congratulations on the milestone! It's been a pleasure getting to know you on here and on the community call. 

2 hours ago, JFish350 said:

What course is that? looks familiar, but I can't remember the name, Pretty sure I have played it. 

... Raven Golf Club. 

https://ravenphx.com

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :cobra-small:    Aerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r
                  :cobra-small:    King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

3 hours ago, Bubba1985 said:

@Preeway has me wanting to go to Bandon from those beautiful pics but getting 4 guys together and none of the wives saying anything for a trip across the country doesn't seem logical till we are old enough that they want us to leave for 10 days (which prolly won't be long)

GF is happy to get rid of me for a while, although all those absences stack up and leave me with lots of honeydos when I get back, including dumping the water out of her pool. But she also worries when I'm gone, particularly if there's air travel involved; she's watched way too many episodes of Air Disasters. So I have to check in at every stop. I literally text her as soon as the plane's wheels touch the runway on landing,

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

54 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Good morning, Spies!!

Another lovely morning here. Blue skies, sunshine, 50% humidity. Should be a great weather day all day. Sadly, rain tomorrow morning, which will likely wash out our weekly round. Blah.

Dad and I will be installing ceiling fans today. Office and great room need those new fans, badly. Hopefully, we can knock them both out today.

Then, I need to debate the various lesson options out there.
Stay with my local PGA pro
Skillest
Swingtweaks
Eric Cogorno
Athletic Motion Golf
Lots of other online options

For the most part, I can get more "lessons" with my money with the various online options than my local pro. They're not real-time, but I'm not sure if that's good or bad. It just is. Plus, most of the online options like AMG and Cogorno include lots of videos and other benefits. So we'll see what I come up with. I need to get my new net build up so I can do the online thing in the garage, if that's what I chose. Some of the Skillest coaches offer free evals, but I need that net up.

Anyway. Everyone have a wonderful Saturday!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

I think if I were going to do online instruction, I'd go with Clay Ballard at Top Speed Golf. But that's just me. 

Fit For Golf tester 2024

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Preeway said:

Good morning everyone. Body is a little tired still after walking 36 holes at Bandon. Curious how many steps that is?IMG_1347.png.e5b6dc4c51eb7047aafc687fbe43fb2c.png

Almost 32,000 steps. That’s a lot of walking for this body. I couldn’t imagine doing that for 3-4 days like some groups do. One last round of golf today before heading home on Monday. Playing Tetherow in Bend, OR. I guess it’s a links style course and I’m just hoping they rent driving carts, lol. Enjoy your vacation @Northern Monkey! And I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday. 

Your Bandon posts prompted me to go back last night just before bed and read a few chapters of The Nature of the Game, Mike Keiser's account of how he came to develop Bandon and a lot of other courses around the world. He talks about an annual event called the Bandon Solstice, on the longest day of the year (thus coming up soon for 2024), where you play four courses in one day. That's 72 holes and 25+ miles of walking. Make sure you have waterproof shoes and wear compression shorts or you'll chafe like a mother (which I also found to be true for marathoning). THAT is a lot of walking.

I understand they have sign-up for the next year's Solstice every November and it sells out in like 5 minutes, with a waitlist to cover dropouts. To finish before sunset, you need to play each round in about 3:15 or less.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Fit For Golf tester 2024

Catching up on today’s morning posts.  Had hoped to play today but rain and chilly weather said otherwise.  So here I am, on a Saturday afternoon in June wearing jeans, a long sleeve t-shirt, a fill zip sweatshirt and drinking hot chocolate (with a big dollop of marshmallow Fluff).  And wondering if I need to turn the heat back on tonight.

Hope y’all are having a great weekend!

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X