The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

3 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

I used to treat people who used their back problems as an excuse to get opioid pain medication they didn't really need.

I had a sister who partied enough for both of us. She was dead at 27 yrs old. I quit doing anything upon her death. I tell people she drank enough for both of us.

Now I've put up with this pain from my back locking up for 10 years. All drugs are toxins. I won't touch them.

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

19 hours ago, Old New Golfer said:

There's a Love's about 60 miles west of ST Louie. I made it there once from Denver. 770 miles in 11 hours.

Back to golf. Try practicing real slow, methodical, concentrated. Hit each ball like everything counted on it. You can then speed up. Train your autonomic mind an nervous system to be consistent. .. On putting....gaining touch... Draw a circle the size of a cup on the floor of your garage. Stop the ball within the circle.

Well all I can say is you were hammer down in the Monfort lane to turn that time. LOL if you get the Montfort pun you must be an old school trucker.

Most of my trucking when I was an O/O was heavy haul. LOL I used to taunt the freight haulers as in I got more weight on my Tri axle than you do in your whole wagon. I also used to taunt them as in my payload is more than your gross weight. Good old days when truckers would actually talk to each other on the CB and cut up and no one got mad

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

9 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Good morning spies!  Headed back on duty here in a few minutes. (Please let the next 12 hours go by quick!)

@Northern Monkey hope your trip is epic, and full of awesome swings and lots of birdies!

Like I told @Northern Monkey  I appreciate all you LEOs wherever you serve at. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

7 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Good morning Spies from damp Charlotte. Not raining at the moment, but it will; the storm that clobbered the Casa yesterday is supposed to drift up here by this afternoon. Just saw some NC flooding footage on TV in the hotel breakfast room. Wilmington is on kind of a peninsula between the ocean and the Cape Fear River, and most of it is fairly safe from flooding, the downtown area along the river being an exception. Carolina Beach, though, is on a barrier island and got socked yesterday. But 18 inches of rain will sock just about anywhere. Have two patients to see this morning, then drive to Raleigh for two days.

Got in my first Fit For Golf workout in a while last night. On top of hitting 95 balls at First Tee, it was probably too much and I felt it last night, particularly in the right shoulder and the glutes. I thought it was a productive range session, though. I made a point of holding my finish on good shots to aid with muscle memory. There was some women's (college?) golf team also practicing at First Tee while I was there. They were hitting it a little better than I was, put it that way. (Looked it up. It was the Queens University golf team; recognized one of the names embroidered on her carry bag.)

@Northern Monkey have a great trip!

@IndyBonzo those are some slick greens!

@rkj427 neat pics of the aurora! All kinds of atmospheric weirdness this year. Often wondered if I could have seen the aurora on my trips to Sweden and Alaska to run marathons. Both were in July so not much nighttime available at those latitudes, though.

HMM if you were at The First Tee in Charlotte you must have been over at Charles Sifford golf course. The guy I grew up with his company runs that course along with all the County courses. Charles Sifford was from Charlotte and I knew him well as he was friends with my old man. When I was a kid of course it was Mr. Sifford. Later on I called him Cigar as he told me to do. All the locals that knew him called him Cigar because he almost always had a cigar in his mouth. Yep I was born and raised in North Charlotte

G

38 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Like I told @Northern Monkey  I appreciate all you LEOs wherever you serve at. 

Thank you! 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

56 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

HMM if you were at The First Tee in Charlotte you must have been over at Charles Sifford golf course. The guy I grew up with his company runs that course along with all the County courses. Charles Sifford was from Charlotte and I knew him well as he was friends with my old man. When I was a kid of course it was Mr. Sifford. Later on I called him Cigar as he told me to do. All the locals that knew him called him Cigar because he almost always had a cigar in his mouth. Yep I was born and raised in North Charlotte

Evidently there are two First Tees in Charlotte. There is no golf course at this one which is basically in Pineville.

https://firstteegreatercharlotte.org/first-tee-greater-charlotte-learning-center-at-pineville/

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

6 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Evidently there are two First Tees in Charlotte. There is no golf course at this one which is basically in Pineville.

https://firstteegreatercharlotte.org/first-tee-greater-charlotte-learning-center-at-pineville/

Ok that is a different one I did not know about

G

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

You can see the players that were relegated here and the promotion info:  https://golfweek.usatoday.com/lists/liv-golf-players-relegated-2024-bubba-watson/

basically the Asian tour orders promotion to LIV 

I had literally never heard of three of the relegated players. Have to wonder why the Saudis (or Greg Norman) thought they were worth their investment.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

Thought I’d mention with all the rain. If you’re caught in a lightning storm. It’s best to keep only one foot on the ground. That’s because the lightning creates differences in potential all around the strike. You don’t want that difference in potential between your feet. That’s why four legged animals don’t do good with lightning. Running is ok. Golf cart should provide insulation with the tires. Car is better. 

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

2 hours ago, Old New Golfer said:

Thought I’d mention with all the rain. If you’re caught in a lightning storm. It’s best to keep only one foot on the ground. That’s because the lightning creates differences in potential all around the strike. You don’t want that difference in potential between your feet. That’s why four legged animals don’t do good with lightning. Running is ok. Golf cart should provide insulation with the tires. Car is better. 

Interesting concept. I will delve further into this. My curiosity is peaked. Thank you.

Incredible recovery shots are set up by an equally incredible miss.

D-    Cobra Aerojet 8.0 Hzrdus Blue S.

FW-  Callaway Mavrik 3&5 wood

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Callaway Epic forged E19 4-GW

Taylormade MG 3 56 degree 10 bounce (personal grind to 6 degrees or so)

Cameron Furtura F5r  / Odessey Ai One Three T

Maxfli Tour and Tour X