Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Courses around St Augustine & Orlando

Skinkb01

New to the site, but am starting to get back into golf over the past year.

Me and a couple buddies will be attending a golf outing at the end of April in St Augustine Florida. The outing will be played at King & Bear and Slammer & Squire; not sure which courses my group is playing yet.

The outing is on a Friday and Saturday morning we plan on checking out the world golf hall of fame. We are looking for some course recommendations for golf between St Augustine and Orlando for Saturday afternoon, non of us have golfed in the area. Thanks!

Hacker from Indiana

St Augustine is awesome! You'll love the King & Bear and Slammer & Squire. A few other fun courses in the area - There's three courses the next exit north on 95 (rt 210 exit): St Johns Country Club, South Hampton, and Cimarone. All are fun. St John's Golf Club in Elkton was also recently redesigned and renovated. They've done a fantastic job and it is definitely worth checking out. For something quick, the Yards is a fun 9 hole course next to Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra. You may even bump into Cam Smith, he's been playing there lately. Between here and Orlando, I've played Duran in Viera a few times recently. It's really fun. These are all good courses in the area. There's plenty others too. We are spoiled and have courses to fit every style, type and budget of golfer here. Hope you enjoy your visit!

Edited by Marino2112

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS

3 Wood: Callaway Epic

Hybrids: Callaway Epic Super Hybrid & X2 Hot

Irons: Callaway Mavrik

Wedges: Kirkland

Putter: Odyssey Rossie

8 hours ago, Marino2112 said:

St Augustine is awesome! You'll love the King & Bear and Slammer & Squire. A few other fun courses in the area - There's three courses the next exit north on 95 (rt 210 exit): St Johns Country Club, South Hampton, and Cimarone. All are fun. St John's Golf Club in Elkton is also recently redesigned and renovated. They've done a fantastic job and it is definitely worth checking out. For something quick, the Yards is a fun 9 hole course next to Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra. You may even bump into Cam Smith, he's been playing there lately. Between here and Orlando, I've been playing Duran in Viera a few times recently. It's really fun. These are all good courses in the area. There's plenty others too. We are spoiled and have courses to fit every style, type and budget of golfer here. Hope you enjoy your visit!

Thanks for the reply! We will look at all those and decide on something. This trip can't come soon enough!

Hacker from Indiana

On 3/28/2023 at 1:47 PM, gmmiddle said:

I went with a bunch of buddies to Orlando a month ago. We played Grand Cypress ‘New Course’, which is modeled after St Andrews Old Course.  Great condition, super fun, highly recommend. 

Oh wow that course looks amazing! Price isn't too bad either. This might be the one, thanks!

Hacker from Indiana

• 3 weeks later...

LPGA International near Daytona Beach has 2 pretty decent courses.

Hammock Dunes is in Palm Coast and is a great course right along the Atlantic.

St John's, South Hampton mentioned above are also good courses.

Only other courses I've played around St Augustine were Halifax Plantation which wasn't too bad and Cypress Knoll which is one I'd skip.