Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Titleist TSR 3 Hybrid shaft question

Just curious if there is a shaft in the TSR3 lineup that can be considered "good for most amateurs"

Its time for me to upgrade my 910H but I do not want to spend a mint on a shaft that costs an extra $150.

Ill go with a standard offering. I havent bought a hybrid in years, so im not sure how the stock shaft offerings perform

any help would be appreciated

Golf is cool

All the stock shafts. That’s why the club manufacturers choose them. They test their clubs with shafts and determine which ones will fit the vast majority of the golfing public.

Which one of them will work for each individual is just a guess by anyone suggesting a shaft. To determine which one works for a golfer is to either go test them in the head at a demo day, bling buy and hope it works based on past experience or get fit.

The weight of the shaft, the balance and feel of that shaft with the club and how all of that affects the golfers swing will vary between each golfer.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

31 minutes ago, bellken said:

Titleist offers a wide range of no upcharge shafts. see - https://www.titleist.com/fitting/golf-club-fitting/golf-shafts

You are not limited to "stock" options, and, you might want to test both the TSR2 and TSR3 hybrids.

Typically when someone says “stock” shaft it means a no upcharge shaft.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

Typically when someone says “stock” shaft it means a no upcharge shaft.  

I tend to think of stock as what you will find in your local golf shop. If ordering through the internet, you, typically, need to customize a golf club to get the non-stock options.

40 minutes ago, bellken said:

I tend to think of stock as what you will find in your local golf shop.

You need to find a better golf shop 🙂  ;  mine have a variety of shaft options. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

51 minutes ago, bellken said:

I tend to think of stock as what you will find in your local golf shop. If ordering through the internet, you, typically, need to customize a golf club to get the non-stock options.

Playing semantics. As cnosil mentioned it’s a general reference to no upcharge.

larger shops carry  options than smaller shops. Also reps know their customer base and put in the shop what’s going to sell

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

13 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Playing semantics. As cnosil mentioned it’s a general reference to no upcharge.

larger shops carry  options than smaller shops. Also reps know their customer base and put in the shop what’s going to sell

Yes, playing semantics we are. 

For the OP, I hope some of this helps.

Edited by bellken