LAB Link . 1 (My first review)

bigsleazy55

I am a new member and really like the idea of being a club tester and doing reviews.  I recently purchased the LAB Link . 1

My old putter was the triple track two ball. 

I'd been contemplating a move for a few months and when I came across the Link 1 at the PGA store I had to give it a go. 

My first impression upon taking it off the shelf was, WOW.  I love the strong design and look of the "magic" screws on the top of the blade.  I also loved the look of the black shaft against the steel face! the sight line on the one i have is not on the top of the club, I dont mind but some buddies did say that was odd. 

So the look surely checked all of the boxes for me. 

The feel was pleasantly surprising. I must say I favor a heavy putter over a light one for sure so maybe that is why I liked it.  

I have not upgraded the grip or anything yet.  I have been using the standard rubber grip that it comes with. I was concerned with changing the grip due to all the "tech" in the putter.  With so many different putter grip options I figured I would stay with standard and consider a jumbo grip down the line. 

I wound up going with the 35 inch shaft and standard lie angel.  I did not get fitted. 

The price was a bit of sticker shock, but I was able to trade a few old clubs in during an event and really get some good value back. 

After a few rounds and several hours of practice I must say I am rolling the ball much better.  I am still struggling on the greens due to lack of skill reading green, but my strokes are much more consistent.  I am still getting used to the blade vs a mallet. 

I'd pay full price if I had to.

EM