Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

HackMotion Training System - 2023 Forum Review

My question for the group would be who do you think or what type of golfer would benefit the most from using HackMotion?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

My question for the group would be who do you think or what type of golfer would benefit the most from using HackMotion?

I kind of answered this in a different post and in a different way, but to this point I think the golfer who benefits the most is one who is working with a coach and/or is willing to invest in their education to maximize the utility of it.  In the video I showed how I could stall/flip and still get readings within range through impact.  So it could be wasted time and effort if the golfer isn’t willing to do some learning. 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

15 hours ago, DriverBreaker said:

Curious to find out from the other testers: 

1) What has been your favorite and least favorite part of practicing with the Hack Motion to this point?   

2) What has been the most beneficial and least beneficial part of practicing with the Hack Motion to this point? 

Morning Buddy,

1) My favourite part has been the feeling of happiness when making adjustments resulted in a straighter ball flight.  Using the system is fun, and I kind of turn it into a little game to see how long I can get my streak going. My least favourite is caused by me when I start to rush, take my backswing too fast, and start to see a breakdown in my swing, this start seeing the numbers go awry.

2) most beneficial has to be the full analysis mode for me.  Having the graph with a comparison similar to the club I am using gives me something to aim for and attempt to replicate. Whilst I don't use it as the be all and end all, I have found it allows me to focus on something instead of just punting balls down the range.  The lease useful I have found is the putting, whilst it has its uses, the sensitivity and lack of being able to pause the session means I have to trawl through and try to pick out the shots from the misreads.

How about you though? Your video was very informative, as a newer golfer I hadn't thought about certain aspects of the swing from the trainer's perspective!

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

16 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think it would suit any golfer who genuinely is willing to learn and improve. I don't really see skill level playing into this, as the depth of information can benefit players of all calibers. As has been mentioned by the other testers, you can absolutely go down a rabbit hole with the numbers and stats it provides, the real trick is being able to take that information and begin applying it in a useful fashion where it really shines, whether it's just trying to hit a straighter shot, work on consistency, or even drill shot shapes.

16 hours ago, DriverBreaker said:

Curious to find out from the other testers: 

1) What has been your favorite and least favorite part of practicing with the Hack Motion to this point?   

2) What has been the most beneficial and least beneficial part of practicing with the Hack Motion to this point? 

1) My favorite aspect is definitely the gains in consistency I've seen while using it. I haven't tried to drastically rework my swing, or change how I hit the ball, but I've worked a lot at making my good shots more repeatable, and my misses less impactful. As the great Ben Hogan said, "This is a game of misses. The guy who misses the best is going to win".
Least favourite aspect is definitely having to stop and start sessions every time I change a club when practicing so I can differentiate data, it's just jarring enough to take me out of my groove when I'm really getting into a rhythm.

2) Most beneficial aspect for me is being able to immediately see what my wrists did on a good shot, and what they did on a bad shot, and being able to play it back in 3D slowly. It's sometimes hard to quantify what the little changes can do to a swing, like moving the ball placement a quarter inch, or opening your foot slightly, but being able to actually see what those tiny things have impacted on how my swing is then delivered to the ball is great. 

Least beneficial to me has been the clubface control mode. I tried it multiple times, but I personally got more benefit from the full analysis mode, and not having the full data capture to look at afterwards in the session information was annoying.

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

On 8/2/2023 at 10:22 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think it could benefit any Golfer that wants to improve. 

For a new Golfer I think it would be great while working with a coach so you can get the correct fundamentals of the whole golf swing. 

As for other golfers it would be good for fine tuning there hands and to get the correct feeling of what they are supposed to be doing.

I can say for myself with a current handicap of 21.8 and slowly going down is it helped me get way more consistent so far. It really helps with the feel vs real feeling. My shots have been straiter with more consistent contact as of late.

I have been definitely playing my best golf ever over the past couple weeks and finally breaking 90 on Tuesday evening with a 89. I should have actually done better than that but I knew I was darn close and ended up double boggied the last hole and also had a triple on the back 9 after a bladed shot into a creek. Last night in leagues I shot my lowest front 9 ever.

Mixed bag of goodies: Taylormade M2 driver, Titleist F15 3 wood, Nike 5 wood, Mizuno 923 Hmp irons, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

I had another good practice session with the HackMoition last evening. Most of it was just doing practice swings without hitting a ball but after the thunderstorms moved through I did hit about a dozen out into a field. I also compared my swings in the full swing analysis and my swing is most comparable to the long hitters adding radial extension swing.

The balls that I did hit where either dead straight or had a small amount of draw or a slight baby fade to them not really moving more then 5 yards left or right. Ball flight was nice and high and I was carrying my 8 iron around 155 or so. 

I also played in the club championship this weekend. I did horrible. I shot a 102 both days. They rolled the greens and they were nice and hard. Nothing stuck and were crazy fast. This is the only time they roll the greens all year so I was definitely not used to them being so fast. They also put the pins at the most difficult spots. Nothing like putting for birdy and hitting it a little two hard and watching your ball roll off the green and having to go back to your cart to get your wedge to chip back up and ending up with a double bogey. Definitely a frustrating weekend but a good learning experience.

Mixed bag of goodies: Taylormade M2 driver, Titleist F15 3 wood, Nike 5 wood, Mizuno 923 Hmp irons, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

Managed to hit the range yesterday for a good 50 balls.  Tried to increase the power I was putting into the swing for the first ten or so but found that there was a breakdown in my swing. So, eased off a bit and focussed on the wrist action a bit more. Whilst my overall distance has reduced by a good 20 yards, the accuracy remains better.

Forgot to post that I played last Tuesday. Managed to hit the fairway for most of the holes which made me very happy.  My short game and putting let me down a bit but I only lost 4 balls and hit 105 for the round.

Playing Blillingbear this Friday so will hopefully do well then too 😁

Ryan Gardiner 

Great stuff so far.  I am 95% sure that this will be my next golf purchase, I really appreciate all of the input.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Good Morning all,

Had a good time at Blillingbear in Wokingham yesterday. Found that the majority of my irons were going dead straight or with a slight fade on them. Driver on the front nine was going well, able to hit a comfortable 230 yards, however found I was overthinking on the back nine and it went wild on me. Think I need to spend a bit of time with the Hackmotion to see if it's my wrist or if I'm pulling in my swing.  As it was my first time there didn't worry about keeping track of my score. A bit of advice I had from my golf instructor was to enjoy playing and learning a course before worrying about the score as much.

Have a good weekend everyone, hope the weather allows for some good golf.

All the best

Ryan

Ryan Gardiner 

Have the other testers down any drill work with the Hack Motion that they’ve found useful?

WITB:

58 minutes ago, DriverBreaker said:

Have the other testers down any drill work with the Hack Motion that they’ve found useful?

Yes mate, I've used the guided drill feature a few times. I've not really got the experience to be able to goa way and design my own drills, so the step by step drill on the app has been invaluable. 

Being an instructor have you managed to work out any way to build your own drills with using the system?

Ryan Gardiner 

22 hours ago, gingerbeast87 said:

Yes mate, I've used the guided drill feature a few times. I've not really got the experience to be able to goa way and design my own drills, so the step by step drill on the app has been invaluable. 

Being an instructor have you managed to work out any way to build your own drills with using the system?

Lots of 9-3 partial swings focusing on firm lead wrist conditions at impact.  Build up from 50% speed to full speed only from 9-3.  If you can’t do it from a small swing at slow speeds, good luck at full speed.  That’s always one of the most challenging parts in any golf swing change.  Having the discipline to do it slow and earn it; both from a cognitive understanding and from a kinesthetic awareness standpoint. 

Same for top of the backswing wrist conditions (if that is needed).  The audio feedback is such a great tool for that part of it. 

WITB:

It was a struggle for me to have a bowed lead wrist at impact. So I set the impact range to a static range from -1 to -30, and did many sessions of short punch shots. Then I gradually lengthened the swing. I finally can have a negative angle in over 70% of full swings. My shots on the course are much straighter and more penetrating. Now, if I can just get closer to 100%.

3 hours ago, Mediocre Golfer said:

It was a struggle for me to have a bowed lead wrist at impact. So I set the impact range to a static range from -1 to -30, and did many sessions of short punch shots. Then I gradually lengthened the swing. I finally can have a negative angle in over 70% of full swings. My shots on the course are much straighter and more penetrating. Now, if I can just get closer to 100%.

Ask for a mile, get an inch.  It works though

WITB:

2 hours ago, DriverBreaker said:

Ask for a mile, get an inch.  It works though

Very nice.  Sounds like it has helped for sure.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Driver

:callaway-small: Mavrik Three wood

:taylormade-small: M2 Hybrids 3, 4 & 5

:taylormade-small: R7 irons 5 - AW

Volkey sand wedge

David Musty putter

Retired educator who loves this game.  It is challenging and a game of integrity.

@Woody83 Yes, Hack Motion definitely helped. Even though I have a camera in my golf cave, I didn’t realize that I was releasing with a subtle flick motion until I started using Hack Motion. On a related note, I had my 13-year old who has been golfing since he was 8 or 9 try Hack Motion. His lead wrist is properly bowed at impact every time without even trying, which I guess explains why he’s so much more consistent at ball striking than I. 😛

Have any of the other testers signed up for the Beta Tester Community? I just got an email confirming I've been selected to be a part of the of HackMotion Beta Tester Group, and a follow up email requesting a swing video recording to help identify key swing trends.

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

On 6/26/2023 at 11:46 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Testers Announced! HackMotion Pro Swing Analyzer

Master Clubface Control to Unlock Consistency

image.png

The clubface is king. It determines more than 80% of the direction of your ball flight, and your wrist angles directly determine how the clubface moves. With HackMotion training aid and feedback tool, you can now be in control of your shot direction.

How HackMotion Works

The best golf training aid to learn correct wrist mechanics for an improved ball flight. This swing analyzer provides precise data and feedback after every swing to help you accelerate the learning process. 

Please welcome and congratulate our testers!

@DriverBreaker

@Fongle

@gingerbeast87

@Bad Golfer

Congrats gang, really looking forward to hearing more about this system

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to HackMotion Training System - 2023 Forum Review

The final review for the Hackmotion system is up, please follow the following link to see it:

As a sneak peek, 88/100, click the link to see why!

All the best folks

Ryan

Ryan Gardiner 

Hey Spy's,

My final review is posted here. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/59891-hackmotion-training-system-2023-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=941939

Thank you Golf Spy for selecting me for a tester! I tried to be as though as possible. 

Hey Spies!

My final review has been posted here now, but I will still be continuing to use the device, especially after being added to their Beta Testing Program, and I'm happy to answer any further questions anyone might have.

Thanks again to the MGS team for selecting me, it's been a great first experience as a tester using an awesome device.

Final review is up!  Thanks again!

WITB:

It's worth noting that the HackMotion app has just updated, and they have now added the ability to flag a shot and assign a club during a session, which was definitely a big bugbear of mine. I won't be updating my review score to reflect that however, as it happened after I put up my review, and more specifically, because I had contacted their support about this exact issue to ask if it was something they were looking to add, and was told in no uncertain terms that it wasn't.

Still better late than never though, especially as a continuing user going forwards

On 6/27/2023 at 12:48 AM, gingerbeast87 said:

They say variety is the spice of life, I prefer garlic

🤣🤣🤣 that is AWESOME!

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

I have a question for the testers now that your reviews are in.

@DriverBreaker, @Fongle, @gingerbeast87, and @Bad Golfer

I'm considering buying the Hackmotion Core (base package). I will likely be using it on my own at the range and potentially at home for some non-hitting swings (at least until I figure out a home hitting setup). Is the Core package worth considering knowing it doesn't come with all the bells and whistles the Pro package comes with?

One of my main swing issues is early extension / flipping at impact which is all wrist-based. This is why I thought this might be a really good option if the Core package has enough benefit for what it includes. I'm willing to put in the time to ensure I understand the data the Core package provides.

I know I don't want it for putting, as that's actually a pretty solid part of my game.

I'd love to hear your thoughts based on your experiences with the device over these past weeks/months. Thanks.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

10 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

I'm considering buying the Hackmotion Core (base package). I will likely be using it on my own at the range and potentially at home for some non-hitting swings (at least until I figure out a home hitting setup). Is the Core package worth considering knowing it doesn't come with all the bells and whistles the Pro package comes with?

One of my main swing issues is early extension / flipping at impact which is all wrist-based. This is why I thought this might be a really good option if the Core package has enough benefit for what it includes. I'm willing to put in the time to ensure I understand the data the Core package provides.

I know I don't want it for putting, as that's actually a pretty solid part of my game.

I'd love to hear your thoughts based on your experiences with the device over these past weeks/months. Thanks.

I think the core package could be enough if you know what it is you’re needing to work on.  In a lot of the swings I see the flipping is caused by a lack of rotation of the lower body in the downswing. The body slows/stalls and the hands can’t physically stop the club from flipping through.  So maybe there is an underlying physical/flexibility issue that is causing this.  Before working on the wrists it might be good to address the pivot.  Just a thought but impossible to tell without knowing you or your swing. 

WITB:

10 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

I think it definitely can help, but I think it's also worth exploring other options first as well. I think the easiest way to begin with is using your phone camera on slow-mo and recording a swing, and identifying what's causing the flip. As DriverBreaker said above, it may be other factors that are causing the flip in the swing, so while the HackMotion is great at showing exactly what your wrists are doing, and has the training modes available with the Core model to try eleviate those, it could be that it's a symptom of another issue. If it does look like it's just due to too much extension at the top, and you're preferring to try work on it yourself as opposed to looking at lessons (that could be cheaper and more effective), then the HackMotion could definitely assist with that.

@DriverBreaker and @Fongle, I am aware of my lack of turn in the downswing. I am working with a swing coach here and the main thing we identified in my swing was the flip at the bottom of the swing. He says it's mostly from the lack of pivot along with a bad wrist angle. He says the wrist angle is likely due to a combo of the pivot issue and my "strong" in to out path. So I'm working on "rolling" my wrist over during my downswing which in turn helps to force the hips to rotate. I was looking to use the Hackmotion to help give me feedback on my wrist motion to ensure I'm doing what I'm supposed to do according to my coach. It might be overkill, but I just don't know any other good way to get that feedback on each and every swing on the range during practice.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

15 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

I think the core should do the job. Maybe get one or two lessons first to try to address the issue. A good instructor is worth a hundred doodads. Then you can always use the device to keep on top of your wrist action in the long run.

Ryan Gardiner 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email from Hack Motion saying they’ve released an update that will allow specific shot tagging during a practice session.  More data than just what club was hit as well. 

IMG_1445.png

WITB: