Forum Staff Announcement - Aug 12th

GolfSpy_APH

Although this post/thread is more on a personal note it does in a sense apply to all of the Forum Staff. 
Today marks the 1 year mark since being named as the Forum Directory. A position I am extremely proud to be in and am so grateful to have been put in charge to help lead this community. However this could not have been done alone, we have an amazing staff that work so hard in the background and in truth do more than I think anyone could imagine to keep the community moving forward, bringing new ideas and helping with all the other forum stuff. 
There had been a good amount of turnover within the forum staff and having the stability of this group has made a world of a difference. 
So before I go forward I want to thank them.
[mention=85402]GolfSpy BOS[/mention] - you were the first new hire since I came on as a Mod and have taken on so many things and been an incredible addition to our leadership group. Thank you for stepping up and helping drive this community forward. 
[mention=110760]GolfSpy TCB[/mention] - Thank you for bringing all your ideas to the table and being a fresh voice within our group. It is always appreciated and required. The MGSVCT is a clear hit and has added so much to the forum. It has been a pleasure to see it take off in the sense that it has. 
[mention=92876]GolfSpy SAM[/mention] - The life of the party? Your humor, participation and activity as well as helping lead the community calls has been so much fun and a huge additive to the forum. 
[mention=55774]GolfSpy_BNG[/mention] - The classifieds section, fantasy sports and a lot more. You bring a ton to the forum which many may not realize at first. You have been a fantastic addition to the forum and we are all truly appreciative of the work and efforts you put forth.
[mention=65448]Golfspy_CG2[/mention] - As much as you try to retire or step back, you are always here and getting sucked back it. Not sure we have enough words to type to thank you for the efforts you put forth. You have so many insights and history on the forum that this place would truly not be the same without you.
There is no question the forum went through a downturn for a while there. However we got very fortunate as a new COO was named for MGS and he has (not at all that others at HQ havent been) allowed us to really take the forum in a way we saw best fit. In our first meeting with him he said something that has stuck with me. He said he didnt care about what happened in the past or what had been done right or wrong prior, but wanted us to move forward with fresh light and not look back. 
We have taken this heart and worked to drive all areas on the forum. 
Some of these areas are
- Member Testing - a record number of tests this season, a record number of participants and reviews being posted!
- MGSVCT - What a cool addition to the forum. Special events, weekly championships and a whole lot more! We do also secretly hope we can find a way that members can achieve official handicaps through our VCT, however that could still be a ways down the road. Oh and Bag Tags!
- Classifieds - New system, cleaner look, better method for searching and more. Still working on it taking off, but we are very happy with this platform. 
- Group Buys - So far just the Jones bag, but we may have something else coming your way. 
- Community Calls - One of my favourites and something I am so happy we started. 
- Course Reviews - Another which hasnt taken off, but happy to so all the new reviews there!
- Newsletter Updates and Upgrades - Get Forum Content every weekday and has definitely helped drive more users to the forum. 
- Forum Content on the main site! - This one I am just thrilled about. Period.
- Forum Socials - This we have actually handed over to HQ to handle and we hope that it will take big steps forward as we move forward. 
And more. 
This last year truthfully on the forum has been one of the busiest years period. Participation is up, activity and engagement levels are way up and we have seen so many new members on the forum that simply makes me smile. 
This year has also been, in truth, so so much work and I am so happy for it! The amount of nights I have been up till 1am or later doing work whether front end or back end has been countless, but when we see the excitement for membership and the shock when we release tests or just the overall growth of community it all makes it worth while. As much as this is really a job and work, it really isnt. For me I am proud of what we as a community have done this past year and how we have banded together to bring the forum from where it was a year ago to where we are today. This has not been a solo effort and not even just a staff effort, however the whole community. So a big shout out to all of you who have stuck with us and provided feedback or taken part in anything on the forum. We have this community because of you. 
I am so happy to celebrate 1 year as the lead on the forum and am so excited continue in this role driving the forum forward and ensuring that we continue to stay true to our roots of being a community. 
I could go on a lot longer, and may in future responses in this thread, but just a big thank you to HQ for putting me in this position, to the membership for sticking by us and the staff for contributing how you have and supporting me over this last year. 
One year down and a whole lot more to come!

Congrats Jamie!
I'd left for a bit as I wasn't getting what I'd hoped to from the forum. I'm so glad I came back. I've been enjoying it so much more now that it's even one of my Chrome start-up tabs.
Here's to continued success!

Sent from my Samsung Note20 Ultra 5G using Tapatalk.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66852-unofficial-review-tpi-virtual-assessment
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Although this post/thread is more on a personal note it does in a sense apply to all of the Forum Staff. 

Today marks the 1 year mark since being named as the Forum Directory. A position I am extremely proud to be in and am so grateful to have been put in charge to help lead this community. However this could not have been done alone, we have an amazing staff that work so hard in the background and in truth do more than I think anyone could imagine to keep the community moving forward, bringing new ideas and helping with all the other forum stuff. 

There had been a good amount of turnover within the forum staff and having the stability of this group has made a world of a difference. 

@GolfSpy BOS - you were the first new hire since I came on as a Mod and have taken on so many things and been an incredible addition to our leadership group. Thank you for stepping up and helping drive this community forward. 

@GolfSpy TCB - Thank you for bringing all your ideas to the table and being a fresh voice within our group. It is always appreciated and required. The MGSVCT is a clear hit and has added so much to the forum. It has been a pleasure to see it take off in the sense that it has. 

@GolfSpy SAM - The life of the party? Your humor, participation and activity as well as helping lead the community calls has been so much fun and a huge additive to the forum. 

@GolfSpy_BNG - The classifieds section, fantasy sports and a lot more. You bring a ton to the forum which many may not realize at first. You have been a fantastic addition to the forum and we are all truly appreciative of the work and efforts you put forth.

@Golfspy_CG2 - As much as you try to retire or step back, you are always here and getting sucked back it. Not sure we have enough words to type to thank you for the efforts you put forth. You have so many insights and history on the forum that this place would truly not be the same without you.

There is no question the forum went through a downturn for a while there. However we got very fortunate as a new COO was named for MGS and he has (not at all that others at HQ havent been) allowed us to really take the forum in a way we saw best fit. In our first meeting with him he said something that has stuck with me. He said he didnt care about what happened in the past or what had been done right or wrong prior, but wanted us to move forward with fresh light and not look back. 

Some of these areas are
- Member Testing - a record number of tests this season, a record number of participants and reviews being posted!
- MGSVCT - What a cool addition to the forum. Special events, weekly championships and a whole lot more! We do also secretly hope we can find a way that members can achieve official handicaps through our VCT, however that could still be a ways down the road. Oh and Bag Tags!
- Classifieds - New system, cleaner look, better method for searching and more. Still working on it taking off, but we are very happy with this platform. 
- Group Buys - So far just the Jones bag, but we may have something else coming your way. 
- Community Calls - One of my favourites and something I am so happy we started. 
- Course Reviews - Another which hasnt taken off, but happy to so all the new reviews there!
- Newsletter Updates and Upgrades - Get Forum Content every weekday and has definitely helped drive more users to the forum. 
- Forum Socials - This we have actually handed over to HQ to handle and we hope that it will take big steps forward as we move forward. 
And more. 

This last year truthfully on the forum has been one of the busiest years period. Participation is up, activity and engagement levels are way up and we have seen so many new members on the forum that simply makes me smile. 

This year has also been, in truth, so so much work and I am so happy for it! The amount of nights I have been up till 1am or later doing work whether front end or back end has been countless, but when we see the excitement for membership and the shock when we release tests or just the overall growth of community it all makes it worth while. As much as this is really a job and work, it really isnt. For me I am proud of what we as a community have done this past year and how we have banded together to bring the forum from where it was a year ago to where we are today. This has not been a solo effort and not even just a staff effort, however the whole community. So a big shout out to all of you who have stuck with us and provided feedback or taken part in anything on the forum. We have this community because of you. 

I am so happy to celebrate 1 year as the lead on the forum and am so excited continue in this role driving the forum forward and ensuring that we continue to stay true to our roots of being a community. 

I could go on a lot longer, and may in future responses in this thread, but just a big thank you to HQ for putting me in this position, to the membership for sticking by us and the staff for contributing how you have and supporting me over this last year. 

Wow, lots of behind the scenes stuff going on, I am fairly new to the site so don’t have anything to compare to however, from my perspective, you have shown excellent leadership skills. Thank you for everything and good luck going forward. 

committed to performance excellence

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

@GolfSpy BOS - you were the first new hire since I came on as a Mod and have taken on so many things and been an incredible addition to our leadership group. Thank you for stepping up and helping drive this community forward. 

@GolfSpy TCB - Thank you for bringing all your ideas to the table and being a fresh voice within our group. It is always appreciated and required. The MGSVCT is a clear hit and has added so much to the forum. It has been a pleasure to see it take off in the sense that it has. 

@GolfSpy SAM - The life of the party? Your humor, participation and activity as well as helping lead the community calls has been so much fun and a huge additive to the forum. 

@GolfSpy_BNG - The classifieds section, fantasy sports and a lot more. You bring a ton to the forum which many may not realize at first. You have been a fantastic addition to the forum and we are all truly appreciative of the work and efforts you put forth.

@Golfspy_CG2 - As much as you try to retire or step back, you are always here and getting sucked back it. Not sure we have enough words to type to thank you for the efforts you put forth. You have so many insights and history on the forum that this place would truly not be the same without you.

Some of these areas are
And more. 

12 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Jamie my thoughts can be summed up simply as, You were the perfect  person at the perfect time.  It’s not hyperbole to say you saved the forum.   Those who were here the first half of 2022 know how it was. 

As for me getting continually getting sucked back in as you say, we’ll I can’t quit you 😬.  I appreciate you letting me hang around and help when I can 

I won’t tag them all. But the group of MODS we have are 2nd to none in my time here.  The things you all accomplished on a “side gig” I’s unbelievable.  

Here’s to an even better Year 2! 

Jamie, I certainly have to "2nd" what Rob has mentioned here.  I don't have a terribly long tenure here but have seen some really cool things over the years.  I must admit I was a little concerned about the state of the forum after last year.  You guys have done an amazing job, nothing short of it.  Thank you doesn't seem like it is appropriate enough for how great of a job you guys have done. It is a pleasure to be apart of this community and I am certainly looking forward to what you guys are cooking up for the future!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

So much has been said already about what a great job Jamie and the Forum Staff have done to make this a better experience. I have been around almost 5 years now and I have seen the ups and downs and was frankly worried last year. Giving you the reins was the best decision MGS could have done. Right now this Forum is the best it has ever been. Hopefully we have further to climb. 
Thank You All.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Jumping on after Tim here, but I kept meaning to get back and post something on here over the weekend but didn't get to. 

I do have to say it was wonderful to read all the great and thoughtful posts from the members here.  Jamie does so much more behind the scenes than I think he'll ever get credit for, and it has been an absolute pleasure to work with the moderator team we have.  It's been amazing to see the forum come back to life through Jamie's leadership and he has really allowed the moderator team to take some chances in making this place even better.

Thank you, and congrats Boss on a great first year, looking forward to the next few too! 

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I am so glad I found this site, it is one of the best golf related sites I have ever found. All the other places on this site make it even nicer, the best joke, good morning thread, how and what you are practicing and what did you shoot today. I just wanted to say thank you to all involved with making this site the best there is for all of us golf addicts. Keep up the awesome work. 

Frank musolino 

• 2 weeks later...

Jamie and the Team, a big thank you!  All of your hard work is being recognized.

It’s amazing how you guys have turned this Forum around in such a short time.  The energy you all put in is greatly appreciated.  

The Forum continues to make big strides forward, so I am looking forward to seeing how it goes.  

The energy and vibe on this Forum is just amazing now!  Please keep it up!

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

Seeing this community thrive and regain some glory has been so much fun.

The amount of times I have logged on and seen 100+ members online vs the sub 30 prior is a true testament how this community has rebounded. 

The team we have is exceptional at all levels. The community here is simply the best. 

Lots more coming both in 2023 and into 2024!

Also be on the lookout for a 2024 membership survey.

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

Not sure how I missed this but thank you Jamie and thank you all for that you and the other mods do to keep this place humming. I will echo what others have said that the turnaround has been amazing this year. Last year with the limited testing, the next testing set up making them harder to find you could feel the slow down on the forum. Through the teams ideas and hard work things have really turned around and I can barely keep up with everything going on here on the forum. So thank you all on bringing my favorite site back and I look forward to everything coming in the future.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3