Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

What happened to the shaft swing analyzers ?

5 hours ago, Goober said:

What happened to Swingbyte, skypro, zepp 2 and others? These items looked like they had some promise. But after researching (most) companies or products are off the market. 

Hackmotion which is being reviewed on the forum now.   Blastmotion. Is another one in the marketplace.   SwingAI is an AI based analysis tool.  DeWiz.  You could even consider launch monitors as swing tools too.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Maybe the tech of those you mentioned just kinda outdated themselves or the technology has moved on to other sectors. With all the other tools available I could see where many of those which were kinda add ons would have lost market to things like Rapsodo and others. 

I also think they fell into a category of things for golfers which are nice to have, but not a necessity where personal launch monitors and some others have started to work their way into the must own conversation. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

24 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Maybe the tech of those you mentioned just kinda outdated themselves or the technology has moved on to other sectors. With all the other tools available I could see where many of those which were kinda add ons would have lost market to things like Rapsodo and others. 

I also think they fell into a category of things for golfers which are nice to have, but not a necessity where personal launch monitors and some others have started to work their way into the must own conversation. 

I’m very late to golf technology. So it would’ve been fun to have tried this stuff from 2010-2013 ish when they were readily available. Sadly, I’ve watched videos of the products that Cnosil mentioned. And they don’t have a lot of data like these shaft launch monitors had. But maybe the stuff today may not have all the data. But could be more accurate. That swing byte 2 really had some unique features. That also utilized video as well. Just odd that these little devices didn’t have more longevity. Without working apps; they are basically useless now. Looks like the zepp 2 is the one that is completely not functional. As you can’t even log into the app. At least the sky pro and swing byte you can log in. But it is impossible trying to find any of these units anywhere . I would think having it on the shaft with the sensor pointing at the clubface would allow more data than a glove, watch or a sensor that goes on the extreme top of the grip. 

Edited by Goober

I had a Zepp2 sensor around 2017 I think. You ended up playing golf swing rather than golf with it. I vividly remember topping a 3 wood about 100 yards on the driving range and Zepp giving the swing a score of 95/100. Next swing I hit a 4 iron onto the 200 yard marked green and Zepp gave it a score of 83/100. Sold it on eBay not much later.

7 minutes ago, Springveldt said:

I had a Zepp2 sensor around 2017 I think. You ended up playing golf swing rather than golf with it. I vividly remember topping a 3 wood about 100 yards on the driving range and Zepp giving the swing a score of 95/100. Next swing I hit a 4 iron onto the 200 yard marked green and Zepp gave it a score of 83/100. Sold it on eBay not much later.

Maybe it was a pro top. Hahha . Seriously, that would be annoying 

4 minutes ago, Goober said:

Is there anywhere I can post a thread asking if anyone wants to sell a sky pro or swing byte 2 ?

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/

All of our Buy Sell and Trade is here. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 1 month later...

I too came across a Swingbyte 2 video and thought to myself, why didn't this tech survive? It looks incredible and I could see it benefiting me tremendously. It's basically provides the same club readings that I got from a Gears 3D session at a much lower price.

I tried looking up the Swingbyte app on the Android App store, but unfortunately, it says the app is made for an older version of Android. Does anyone know if it's still possible to use the Swingbyte whether through using an older Android phone or a similar technology that's not Hackmotion?

Thanks!

Driver: Ping G30
Irons: Ping G
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9
Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG

On 9/16/2023 at 10:05 PM, justin962 said:

I too came across a Swingbyte 2 video and thought to myself, why didn't this tech survive? It looks incredible and I could see it benefiting me tremendously. It's basically provides the same club readings that I got from a Gears 3D session at a much lower price.

I tried looking up the Swingbyte app on the Android App store, but unfortunately, it says the app is made for an older version of Android. Does anyone know if it's still possible to use the Swingbyte whether through using an older Android phone or a similar technology that's not Hackmotion?

Thanks!

Not sure where to even find these units anymore.The concept really intrigued me.just curious how accurate the data would.

I still have one of the Zepp units, I think it is the original.  I charged it up a few weeks ago to see if it still worked and their app still works.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 6 Hybrid

Irons: :cleveland-small: Zipcore XL 7-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

• 2 months later...

I had all 3.  The best was sky pro, fantastic for things like club plane, attack angle, club speed, shaft lean etc.  Swingbyte was good and had a great feature of showing your clubhead speed at all stages of the swing and you could compare it to a pro-I tried hard to keep accelerating just before contact but never really could-constant was the best  (basically I was the same speed as a pro 1 foot before contact and lost 5-10mph on those last few inches).  Zepp, I didnt find as good as the other two (data not as useful or reliable). I would buy skypro or swingbyte in a heartbeat if they still worked.  I did pick up another swingbyte after they stopped, but the battery was poor and it became useless quickly.  I think the reason they must have stopped was economics, they retailed for $100-200 and that was not enough to keep it going. I got in touch with the skypro inventor, about 5+ years ago, he certainly intended to do a better version (the device was very susceptible to breaking down after a couple of months, would not charge), but I guess he must never have got it off the ground.   I got a Garmen approach recently, its very good for the price ($400 ebay), about 90% accurate (meaning 90% of shots are very accurate, 10% get a dodgy result, probably spin), but the shaft devices would certainly give even more useful data from an improvement perspective.  I am now looking at Blast Motion and Dewiz.  Online reviews seem to suggest the Blast gives club and max hand speed, but I don't see evidence that these are shown for the whole swing, which is what is important.  DeWiz does seem to have at least some of that but is more expensive (circa $500) .......hope that's helpful............ 

TD

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 5:48 PM, tdunirl said:

I had all 3.  The best was sky pro, fantastic for things like club plane, attack angle, club speed, shaft lean etc.  Swingbyte was good and had a great feature of showing your clubhead speed at all stages of the swing and you could compare it to a pro-I tried hard to keep accelerating just before contact but never really could-constant was the best  (basically I was the same speed as a pro 1 foot before contact and lost 5-10mph on those last few inches).  Zepp, I didnt find as good as the other two (data not as useful or reliable). I would buy skypro or swingbyte in a heartbeat if they still worked.  I did pick up another swingbyte after they stopped, but the battery was poor and it became useless quickly.  I think the reason they must have stopped was economics, they retailed for $100-200 and that was not enough to keep it going. I got in touch with the skypro inventor, about 5+ years ago, he certainly intended to do a better version (the device was very susceptible to breaking down after a couple of months, would not charge), but I guess he must never have got it off the ground.   I got a Garmen approach recently, its very good for the price ($400 ebay), about 90% accurate (meaning 90% of shots are very accurate, 10% get a dodgy result, probably spin), but the shaft devices would certainly give even more useful data from an improvement perspective.  I am now looking at Blast Motion and Dewiz.  Online reviews seem to suggest the Blast gives club and max hand speed, but I don't see evidence that these are shown for the whole swing, which is what is important.  DeWiz does seem to have at least some of that but is more expensive (circa $500) .......hope that's helpful............ 

I would think an updated version of these units in 2024 would be huge selling hits. The advances in technology would really make these a cool little training aid. The older versions looked like they were great as well. It seems like it would be so easy to use these anywhere with no huge budget expenses. And the data they provided would be very helpful to me.. too bad they are off the market 

• 1 month later...

Hello dear all, I am using swingbyte for years, yesterday last time. Recent problem is, that the video take only runs on former Android versions (v4), e. g. on my samsung S23 w Android 12 only the Bluetooth take runs fine without video, thus I reanimated my old ASUS tablet and it looks like that it runs, test follows. My biggest problem was the rubber lock which splits up on 2-3 devices I had in use and I had to use a cabletie (scratch) instead. I cannot understand, that the company closed because the swing-monitor SW, Grafik, synchronization w video was really good to excellent, even for the price. Hopefully I will be able to keep it running.

Nice game!