Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Sacks Parente Putters - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy_APH

@cnosil Great write-up with numerous important and relevant details Chris, and really looking forward to seeing how this putter works out for you. 😎

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

On 10/17/2023 at 8:04 AM, Leonvdwesthuizen said:

Congrats testers, Looking forward to a Series 99 review.

Make us proud!

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t going for this model, but I am open to whatever the fitting tells me.

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex UST MP5 or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Taylormade TP5

Sacks Parente Fitting
First,  sorry for the length but lots of things were discussed;  I have created several sections so you can skip and read what you find interesting
There are lots of opinions about putter fittings:
  • It’s a waste of time; the swing is so short.
  • Just the right length and look and you are good to go. 
  • Rely on recommendations based on data captured from systems like Puttlab, Quintic, or Capto.  
  • Utilize and OEMs interactive online fitting tool where you answer questions and they provide recommendations.  
I have done several putter fittings in the past:  A virtual putter fitting with a golf coach/putting expert, an Edel Fitting, a Biomech fitting at Golf Galaxy, and multiple PuttLab evaluations.   The putter I currently use was identified in the virtual putter fitting and confirmed with the Club Champion fitting.   Basically, I believe in fittings and have seen how different putters can influence stroke characteristics.
Fitting Option options (Sacks Parente Fitting Page)
  • Club Champion fitting – This is the only option where you can put your hands on the putter but there is a Club Champion fitting fee. 
  • Downloadable Fitting Guide – This guide goes through a series of questions, answers, and impacts to determine head type, hosel location, and grip.  IMO, the form was interesting but really didn’t provide a solid recommendation and generally indicated that everything could work.  You can see how I filled this out and it really didn’t point me in a specific direction.
sp1.jpg.e6a77a8c595f845e42f3c9a43fddf319.jpg
sp2.jpg.473b365e7e430bc58f2f53c510b7c16d.jpg
  • Virtual Fitting – As part of the MGS test, we went through the virtual fitting with Aki Yorihiro, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer for Sacks Parente. 

Pre-Virtual Fitting Questions
As mentioned above, on the Sacks Parente fitting page there is an option to schedule a free fitting with Aki.  For this test Aki reached out to us in advance and asked us to respond to a series of questions about our putting that were similar to the online fitting guide:
  • Your height - 5’10”
  • Current index - Don’t have an official index but I track it myself and it is 7.1
  • Current putter – model / length / lie / loft / grip / how long you have had it - TaylorMade TM-180/33”/unsure of lie; I think it is 69*/3* loft/pingman style grip/had it since 2011
  • Eye dominance – right / left / mono - right
  • How often you play golf – Play 1-2 times a week
  • Whether you play mostly at the same course or a variety of places. - Variety
    • Grass type - Bermuda, bent, etc.  – Bermuda and Bent
    • General green speed – 9-10
    • Lots of slope or not – lots of slope
  • Do you putt from off the green on a closely mowed area and if so, up to how far off?  It is lie dependent and situational.  If I do, probably max of about 5’ off the green
  • Your grip pressure from a scale of 1 (light) to 10 (tight) - 3 to 4
  • When you aim your putterhead, do you look at:  the leading edge / sightline / other - both
  • Any back issue? – No
  • Do you struggle with speed, and if so, do you miss short, long or both?   Yes. Most often short especially if I go to a course with slower greens.
  • Do you struggle with line, and if so, do you miss right, left or both? – Typical miss on short putts is right and on longer putts is left
  • Do you struggle with 3 footers / 10 footers / lag putts? – I’d like to make more in the 6-12 foot range and do a little better at lagging 40 footers.

The Zoom Call
The call started with the basic introductions and Aki explained his three-step process for the virtual call which is qualitative in nature: 
  • Observing me putt  
  • assessment of what he observed
  • Sacks Parente technology and putter selection.
The putts
Aki had me hit a series of putts from face on and some more from down the line.  The putts were about 7 feet long since that is how much space I had available.  I did the call using my iPad so it was easy to move around and get the perspectives he needed. 
The Assessment
  • Face on view posture
    • ball position - good
    • acceleration profile - good. 
    • at impact I have a tendency to do a very slight hit motion with my right hand - This led to our discussion about the right miss on short putts and left on long putts.   Based on observations and discussions, the thought is that I have “trained” myself to hold off the rotation to avoid the left miss and then as the stroke gets longer to “flip” a little which is closing the putter a bit too much on longer putts.
[/url]
  • Down the line view
    • minimal arc on the backstroke and then to the left on the through stroke.
    • posture is good
    • putter is flat on the ground
    • eyes are slightly inside line.

Stroke Assessment
The putting stroke is good, only the one small issue that should be quick and easy to fix and that their technology will help.  We talked about how I use my hands and specifically my thumbs to keep the top of the grip level as I move the putter through the stroke; Aki attributed this to the putter wanting to close as it moves through the stroke and my trying to stop it.    On longer putts (over 30’) the distance control issues are potentially related to miss hits. 

Putter Selection
Based on the recommendation from Aki, we are starting with:

The Technology
More about the tech once things are in hand. 

My thoughts on the fitting
Based on knowing my stroke in the back of my mind I felt like mallet would be the recommendation but not center shafted.   Aki felt the balance of the center shafted putter would help with the generation of a little arc on the backstroke; but not as much as a heel shafted putter, to alleviate the tendency to hold off the release.   I have had center shafted putters in the past – LAB Directed Force, Seemore mFGP2 and FGP, and a Sizemore SB-2 so the style isn’t unfamiliar but I am a bit concerned about the mallet since I generally find that blades work a bit better. 
Overall, I would rate the fitting as being top quality.  The call lasted a little over an hour and I wasn’t rushed and felt like I could have asked more questions if I had them.  Aki recorded the zoom call to use as a training tool for new fitters.  The big thing I like was the fitting was designed to find a putter that worked with my stroke and my tendencies and not strictly based on numbers.  The next question is will it work; all I can do is:

roll-the-dice-and-take-a-chance.gif

WOW awesome job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

13 hours ago, cnosil said:

Sacks Parente Fitting

First,  sorry for the length but lots of things were discussed;  I have created several sections so you can skip and read what you find interesting 🙂

There are lots of opinions about putter fittings:

• It’s a waste of time; the swing is so short.
  • Just the right length and look and you are good to go. 
  • Rely on recommendations based on data captured from systems like Puttlab, Quintic, or Capto.  
  • Utilize and OEMs interactive online fitting tool where you answer questions and they provide recommendations.  

I have done several putter fittings in the past:  A virtual putter fitting with a golf coach/putting expert, an Edel Fitting, a Biomech fitting at Golf Galaxy, and multiple PuttLab evaluations.   The putter I currently use was identified in the virtual putter fitting and confirmed with the Club Champion fitting.   Basically, I believe in fittings and have seen how different putters can influence stroke characteristics.

Fitting Option options (Sacks Parente Fitting Page)

• Club Champion fitting – This is the only option where you can put your hands on the putter but there is a Club Champion fitting fee. 
  • Downloadable Fitting Guide – This guide goes through a series of questions, answers, and impacts to determine head type, hosel location, and grip.  IMO, the form was interesting but really didn’t provide a solid recommendation and generally indicated that everything could work.  You can see how I filled this out and it really didn’t point me in a specific direction.

sp1.jpg.e6a77a8c595f845e42f3c9a43fddf319.jpg

sp2.jpg.473b365e7e430bc58f2f53c510b7c16d.jpg

• Virtual Fitting – As part of the MGS test, we went through the virtual fitting with Aki Yorihiro, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer for Sacks Parente. 

Pre-Virtual Fitting Questions

As mentioned above, on the Sacks Parente fitting page there is an option to schedule a free fitting with Aki.  For this test Aki reached out to us in advance and asked us to respond to a series of questions about our putting that were similar to the online fitting guide:

• Your height - 5’10”
  • Current index - Don’t have an official index but I track it myself and it is 7.1
  • Current putter – model / length / lie / loft / grip / how long you have had it - TaylorMade TM-180/33”/unsure of lie; I think it is 69*/3* loft/pingman style grip/had it since 2011
  • Eye dominance – right / left / mono - right
  • How often you play golf – Play 1-2 times a week
  • Whether you play mostly at the same course or a variety of places. - Variety
    • Grass type - Bermuda, bent, etc.  – Bermuda and Bent
    • General green speed – 9-10
    • Lots of slope or not – lots of slope
  • Do you putt from off the green on a closely mowed area and if so, up to how far off?  It is lie dependent and situational.  If I do, probably max of about 5’ off the green
  • Your grip pressure from a scale of 1 (light) to 10 (tight) - 3 to 4
  • When you aim your putterhead, do you look at:  the leading edge / sightline / other - both
  • Any back issue? – No
  • Do you struggle with speed, and if so, do you miss short, long or both?   Yes. Most often short especially if I go to a course with slower greens.
  • Do you struggle with line, and if so, do you miss right, left or both? – Typical miss on short putts is right and on longer putts is left
  • Do you struggle with 3 footers / 10 footers / lag putts? – I’d like to make more in the 6-12 foot range and do a little better at lagging 40 footers.

The Zoom Call

The call started with the basic introductions and Aki explained his three-step process for the virtual call which is qualitative in nature: 

• Observing me putt  
  • assessment of what he observed
  • Sacks Parente technology and putter selection.

The putts

Aki had me hit a series of putts from face on and some more from down the line.  The putts were about 7 feet long since that is how much space I had available.  I did the call using my iPad so it was easy to move around and get the perspectives he needed. 

The Assessment

• Face on view posture
    • ball position - good
    • acceleration profile - good. 
    • at impact I have a tendency to do a very slight hit motion with my right hand - This led to our discussion about the right miss on short putts and left on long putts.   Based on observations and discussions, the thought is that I have “trained” myself to hold off the rotation to avoid the left miss and then as the stroke gets longer to “flip” a little which is closing the putter a bit too much on longer putts.
  • Down the line view
    • minimal arc on the backstroke and then to the left on the through stroke.
    • posture is good
    • putter is flat on the ground
    • eyes are slightly inside line.

Stroke Assessment

The putting stroke is good, only the one small issue that should be quick and easy to fix and that their technology will help.  We talked about how I use my hands and specifically my thumbs to keep the top of the grip level as I move the putter through the stroke; Aki attributed this to the putter wanting to close as it moves through the stroke and my trying to stop it.    On longer putts (over 30’) the distance control issues are potentially related to miss hits. 

Putter Selection

Based on the recommendation from Aki, we are starting with:

• Series 54MC Mallet Putter – Three Stripe 54mc-3-Stripe-angle-rear-600x600-1.png  
  • 69* lie angle
  • Flat grip SPG-Flat-Top-Grip600x600.png

The Technology

• Aki feels that the Ultra Low Balance Point (ULBP) will help me get the putter on a bit more of an arc and help eliminate my tendency to hold off the putter release.  
  • He suggested the first thing I do when I get the putter to just take my posture and let the putter swing back and forth to get used to how it moves.  
  • The thought is that the weight forward design and off-center forgiveness will help with the speed control.  

More about the tech once things are in hand. 

My thoughts on the fitting

Based on knowing my stroke in the back of my mind I felt like mallet would be the recommendation but not center shafted.   Aki felt the balance of the center shafted putter would help with the generation of a little arc on the backstroke; but not as much as a heel shafted putter, to alleviate the tendency to hold off the release.   I have had center shafted putters in the past – LAB Directed Force, Seemore mFGP2 and FGP, and a Sizemore SB-2 so the style isn’t unfamiliar but I am a bit concerned about the mallet since I generally find that blades work a bit better. 

Overall, I would rate the fitting as being top quality.  The call lasted a little over an hour and I wasn’t rushed and felt like I could have asked more questions if I had them.  Aki recorded the zoom call to use as a training tool for new fitters.  The big thing I like was the fitting was designed to find a putter that worked with my stroke and my tendencies and not strictly based on numbers.  The next question is will it work; all I can do is:

roll-the-dice-and-take-a-chance.gif

Excellent write up Chris. I'll be curious as to your experience with the putter once you get it, knowing you tend to prefer the more blade shape over mallet. I'm more of the opposite and prefer a smaller mallet style over blade, so now I'm curious as what Aki would set me up with.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

6 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Excellent write up Chris. I'll be curious as to your experience with the putter once you get it, knowing you tend to prefer the more blade shape over mallet. I'm more of the opposite and prefer a smaller mallet style over blade, so now I'm curious as what Aki would set me up with.

The putter selection for me was more driven by hosel location than style and since they don’t offer a center shared blade.   He wants to eliminate the feel of rotation in the putter to let it flow more naturally.  We also talked about you use the putter will influence him to push one direction over the other.  For example they offer a smaller and larger head mallet; he recommends the larger mallet for people that use the putter from off the green.  

I’ll go into this discussion more later, but their putters are weight forward which should give it more if a blade feel. Additionally it should increase ball speed and lower launch…sounds like a driver which is exactly how Aki related it.  😁 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

We are in that hurry up and wait period - 😞

Aki did make some recommendation about my putting stroke so I’m working on those while waiting for My putters arrival. For me the focus is on a smooth pendulum stroke.  I’m trying to avoid the inside then outward loop. According to Aki I have the potential to be better than 50/50 from 8 feet (your average.) This is because ihave a good stroke and play the same private course most of the time. I know the greens very well so it’s a matter of good alignment and a good stroke. 

I really rolled the ball well on the practice green today. It only took 24 putts to hole 10 in a row from 3 feet and my speed control and ability to hole some longer putts was great. I only had one pull in all the putts that I hit and left none short. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, revkev said:

I really rolled the ball well on the practice green today. It only took 24 putts to hole 10 in a row from 3 feet and my speed control and ability to hole some longer putts was great. I only had one pull in all the putts that I hit and left none short. 

Glad you are able to work on some of the things Aki suggested.   I tried with my current gamer and it was a disaster;  I felt like I had no sense of control with the putter.   I need to pull out the Seemore and see if that would work better. 

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’m curious what my fellow testers were given to work on. For me it was a pendulum stroke and just slow the ball to get in the way. 

It’s actually something I can work on without a putter. I was very surprised at how smooth my stroke seemed after a week of just tgat and rolling a few putts on the carpet a couple of evenings last week. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I need to get my fitting write up done. Sounds like you all had a similar experience to me. That fitting was as much coaching session as it was fitting. He said I have a tendency to accelerate through the putt. I need to work on some pendulum drills to get my fastest part of my stroke at the bottom to help with speed control. One of the drills was to grip with just my left hand, pull the putter back until I feel tension in the arm, then let it drop. The other is, my arms can get disconnected from my body a bit so I am supposed to work on the pendulum with my whole upper body driving the stroke. I worked on the drills on Friday and played Saturday with my Scotty, and my speed was better than it had been, but I am interested to see if the SP putter will actually help. Mine should also ship Monday, maybe Tuesday.

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

13 hours ago, revkev said:

I’m curious what my fellow testers were given to work on. For me it was a pendulum stroke and just slow the ball to get in the way. 

I need the sacks Parente putter.  He wants me to feel the head moving through the stroke to learn not to hold the face square.   

IMG_3303.jpeg.94d4eea3edace5f3bb6f0d56a821a090.jpegSo my wise guy son came over last night while I was at work and noticed this package on the front porch. I didn’t get home until 9.  Exhausted after a 14 hour work day I didn’t ask and she didn’t tell. 

Went to work today that included a funeral for a coworker’s dad at a church around the corner from my club and shut in visits. Had enough time to have lunch and visit the putting green at the club I between so went to the green.

72124753506__FE7C5E78-E56D-4B7E-BE67-CC8B9C69B789.jpeg.1f93ef585e3d1a685a547e6f2ac9c124.jpeg

Our greens are spectacular and this one was ridiculous. I was on the phone with my wife telling her I was there when she said, “Oh I forgot to tell you that John hid your new putter on top of the hutch.”

Fortunately for him I’m working a half day tomorrow. I will head back to the club and unveil some pictures then. 

Check back tomorrow evening …. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

IMG_3304.jpeg.90b6c4c4316d16cf252e4f5f21fe4600.jpegIMG_3305.jpeg.3acbf0cee1ad545a5ad387caeebd8b23.jpegAs I wrote in the Thursday tease my putter actually arrived on Weds. I wasn’t told until Thursday and opened it when I got off of work Friday afternoon. 

The packaging is really sharp, elegant actually. Putter and putter cover were secured and a slimmer pistol grip was included, as promised. 

The first thing that our fitter Aki asked me to do when I took the putter out was to feel the weight of the head and check how much closer the balance point was to the head than my current gamer. So I did:

IMG_3313.jpeg.c4770897b3e442ca9e6fcdacc135b8a3.jpegIMG_3316.jpeg.3167955eb9756347dd6d1a636ae6f6d4.jpegMy wife, who was taking the pictures, remarked at the difference. Not seen is how difficult it was to balance my gamer and how the Saks Parente Duke - 91 balanced instantly as if my finger had a magnet in it.  I think the ultra low balance point is evident here!

In keeping with the elegant theme - the SP ball marker is impressive:

IMG_3324.jpeg.38fc41bd6a0776f3365827b6a50cc937.jpegI also like the Veni, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) quote that is conspicuous on a number of the putter’s components.

IMG_3321.jpeg.04c0854c99a677f118a24013576ddd9a.jpegI’m not a fan of the cover though. Black and gold is sharp but it doesn’t fit securely. It could be because of the putter style (it really does look like it’s namesake NFL football.) 

IMG_3317.jpeg.07501f164c47ba116dfeff07f72284ed.jpegI will be anxious to see if I have issues with it falling off during play particularly when I’m riding. 

IMG_3318.jpeg.2075f4cd0153bec323616c5905e50461.jpegWhat do you all think of it? 

I'm anxious to see if this truly is the only putter that actually improves my stroke.  Because if it does, it may improve yours also.  I did get it on the practice green yesterday for a bit and will play tomorrow - yes I know I said I wasn't playing until after my eye surgeries but I'm really Jonesing for a round of golf and I was able to line up a couple of friends who don't mind being my seeing eye dogs. 🙂

Edited by revkev

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

3 minutes ago, revkev said:

IMG_3304.jpeg.90b6c4c4316d16cf252e4f5f21fe4600.jpegIMG_3305.jpeg.3acbf0cee1ad545a5ad387caeebd8b23.jpegAs I wrote in the Thursday tease my putter actually arrived on Weds. I wasn’t told until Thursday and opened it when I got off of work Friday afternoon. 

The packaging is really sharp, elegant actually. Putter and putter cover were secured and a slimmer pistol grip was included, as promised. 

The first thing that our fitter Aki asked me to do when I took the putter out was to feel the weight of the head and check how much closer the balance point was to the head than my current gamer. So I did:

IMG_3313.jpeg.c4770897b3e442ca9e6fcdacc135b8a3.jpegIMG_3316.jpeg.3167955eb9756347dd6d1a636ae6f6d4.jpegMy wife, who was taking the pictures, remarked at the difference. Not seen is how difficult it was to balance my gamer and how the Saks Parente Duke - 91 balanced instantly as if my finger had a magnet in it. 

IMG_3324.jpeg.38fc41bd6a0776f3365827b6a50cc937.jpegI also like the Veni, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) quote that is conspicuous on a number of the putter’s components.

IMG_3321.jpeg.04c0854c99a677f118a24013576ddd9a.jpegI’m not a fan of the cover though. Black and gold is sharp but it doesn’t fit securely. It could be because of the putter style (it really does look like it’s namesake NFL football.) 

IMG_3317.jpeg.07501f164c47ba116dfeff07f72284ed.jpegI will be anxious to see if I have issues with it falling off during play particularly when I’m riding. 

Love the design!  Impressed by the ease of balance…..BTW I’m a sucker for this style of head - much like my old Odyssey White Steel 5 (on permanent loan to a friend).  Making me want to return to that design.

The cover’s colors would work - my high school’s colors….can’t wait to see how it rolls the ball!  

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

IMG_3313.jpeg.c4770897b3e442ca9e6fcdacc135b8a3.jpegIMG_3316.jpeg.3167955eb9756347dd6d1a636ae6f6d4.jpegMy wife, who was taking the pictures, remarked at the difference. Not seen is how difficult it was to balance my gamer and how the Saks Parente Duke - 91 balanced instantly as if my finger had a magnet in it.  I think the ultra low balance point is evident here!

I'm anxious to see if this truly is the only putter that actually improves my stroke.  Because if it does, it may improve yours also.  I did get it on the practice green yesterday for a bit and will play tomorrow - yes I know I said I wasn't playing until after my eye surgeries but I'm really Jonesing for a round of golf and I was able to line up a couple of friends who don't mind being my seeing eye dogs.

The carbon fiber is pretty sweet looking.
I have 2 mid-mallet putters like your new SP. My Sub70 002 has the same cover issue - way too big.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Unboxing:

I had my fitting a couple weeks back, and this package arrived to NC where I was going to be spending the week and was very glad that it did arrive on time since I was about to get on to the course 5 times over those 7 days. As you can see in the video above, the packaging itself is very well done. The putter, headcover and the ball marker all very secured in the box and wrapped individually. It definitely gives the feeling of a premium product. 

PXL_20231102_221431294.jpg.a7e01b42c0c128ccbf17d4bb621931f5.jpgPXL_20231102_221433989.jpg.b1b112f5b55edf07b3d167c0a41631df.jpgPXL_20231102_221444707.jpg.ae8a4fc27fc66ad4c36e7e2632586d93.jpg

PXL_20231102_221607409.jpg.6ebf6840ad52f70d7f008f1f0909b557.jpg

So I ended up with "THE DRAC", their Series 02 fanged mallet putter (think Odyssey #7) style. I ended up with this design as a result of the fitting with Aki, it was between this and their other mallet, the 54 single stripe. We ended up choosing this because of two reasons, this has double the weight of tungsten in the front, 100g compared to 50g, and the Drac only has a sight dot and no sight line, instead using the face and the body of the mallet to help with alignment. Part of the instruction I was given during the fitting was to allow myself to putt "more athletically" and this is the tool to accomplish that. Using more feel and less aids, plus the stability from the added weight will give me the confidence I need to swing on line. 

Holding the putter after taking it out of the box at home I was immediately impressed. At least for me when getting something new there is always that anticipation, especially when its something of high value, the combination of excitement and nerves that builds in the days you wait for its arrival. The best that brands and products can do is to address those feelings right away, and so, taking the Drac out and putting it in my hands I had that anticipation fade away as that question was answered... "Oh yeah, this thing's nice"

PXL_20231102_222221148.PORTRAIT.jpg.0a1ead57da35749647c693058a730e17.jpg

PXL_20231102_222256566.PORTRAIT.jpg.7b43151d9e9170618334631b3aebd0a5.jpgPXL_20231102_222312314.PORTRAIT.jpg.cc2a00f46c4469269746bc345b05c895.jpg

To wrap things up on just the packaging and the product upon receiving it:

• Bos ix very nice, everything arrived timely and no signs of damage from transit, seeing the logos and branding throughout adds a nice touch
  • The materials used on the ball marker and the headcover are great, the headcover especially, the leather feels great to touch, the design of it looks cool and the red velvety interior just adds to the dracula theme of the club
  • The material of the putter head and the paint on it is really striking, looks awesome. 
  • Holding it from the head you really notice how light the rest of it is, and holding from the grip you really feel all the weight down low. 
  • The carbon-fiber shaft is a first for me, but looks and feels great
  • The grip is also really nice to the touch, soft and tacky and fits my hands really well. 

I will post again soon about my experience playing last week, and looks like I will have some warm enough days to go and get some practice time and drills in this week. Without spoiling too much too early....I like it!

PXL_20231102_221425839.jpg

WITB:

Driver: PING G400

3W: Ping G400

3 Utility Iron: Ping G410

5-GW: Cobra Forged Tec (2020) KBS $-Taper 125 x-stiff shafts (Club Champion fitting)

Wedges: 52,56,60 (mixed)

P: Cleveland Frontline 8.0 Wide blade

HCP: 11

21 hours ago, ACalling said:

Unboxing:

I had my fitting a couple weeks back, and this package arrived to NC where I was going to be spending the week and was very glad that it did arrive on time since I was about to get on to the course 5 times over those 7 days. As you can see in the video above, the packaging itself is very well done. The putter, headcover and the ball marker all very secured in the box and wrapped individually. It definitely gives the feeling of a premium product. 

PXL_20231102_221431294.jpg.a7e01b42c0c128ccbf17d4bb621931f5.jpgPXL_20231102_221433989.jpg.b1b112f5b55edf07b3d167c0a41631df.jpgPXL_20231102_221444707.jpg.ae8a4fc27fc66ad4c36e7e2632586d93.jpg

PXL_20231102_221607409.jpg.6ebf6840ad52f70d7f008f1f0909b557.jpg

So I ended up with "THE DRAC", their Series 02 fanged mallet putter (think Odyssey #7) style. I ended up with this design as a result of the fitting with Aki, it was between this and their other mallet, the 54 single stripe. We ended up choosing this because of two reasons, this has double the weight of tungsten in the front, 100g compared to 50g, and the Drac only has a sight dot and no sight line, instead using the face and the body of the mallet to help with alignment. Part of the instruction I was given during the fitting was to allow myself to putt "more athletically" and this is the tool to accomplish that. Using more feel and less aids, plus the stability from the added weight will give me the confidence I need to swing on line. 

Holding the putter after taking it out of the box at home I was immediately impressed. At least for me when getting something new there is always that anticipation, especially when its something of high value, the combination of excitement and nerves that builds in the days you wait for its arrival. The best that brands and products can do is to address those feelings right away, and so, taking the Drac out and putting it in my hands I had that anticipation fade away as that question was answered... "Oh yeah, this thing's nice"

PXL_20231102_222221148.PORTRAIT.jpg.0a1ead57da35749647c693058a730e17.jpg

PXL_20231102_222256566.PORTRAIT.jpg.7b43151d9e9170618334631b3aebd0a5.jpgPXL_20231102_222312314.PORTRAIT.jpg.cc2a00f46c4469269746bc345b05c895.jpg

To wrap things up on just the packaging and the product upon receiving it:

• Bos ix very nice, everything arrived timely and no signs of damage from transit, seeing the logos and branding throughout adds a nice touch
  • The materials used on the ball marker and the headcover are great, the headcover especially, the leather feels great to touch, the design of it looks cool and the red velvety interior just adds to the dracula theme of the club
  • The material of the putter head and the paint on it is really striking, looks awesome. 
  • Holding it from the head you really notice how light the rest of it is, and holding from the grip you really feel all the weight down low. 
  • The carbon-fiber shaft is a first for me, but looks and feels great
  • The grip is also really nice to the touch, soft and tacky and fits my hands really well. 

I will post again soon about my experience playing last week, and looks like I will have some warm enough days to go and get some practice time and drills in this week. Without spoiling too much too early....I like it!

PXL_20231102_221425839.jpg

Looks awesome - the DRAC didnt have center shafted otherwise we were going to go with that model! Be interested to see how it feels side by side with old as you test.

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

Ping Putter w/ modified grip

image.png

So I have gotten two practice sessions and a round in on Sunday with my putter - no real testing as I'm getting a feel for it.  I did not hit the ball well at all on Sunday - but my speed was outstanding including the one putt that I had from well off of a green - what I didn't get a good feel for was mid range putts - I only had one the entire round - 

Cataract surgery tomorrow - I'm hoping to get out on Sunday to practice - at least.  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

4 minutes ago, billpierce said:

The unveiling

It arrived in the middle of the night!  Santa does exist he just wears a brown suit not a red suit - and eats a lot healthier nowadays:

Image.jpg.7235aa89d0976ca3bb03fc60936d37ff.jpg

From my last update, I left everyone in suspense as to WHAT putter I was fit for.... today we shall all experience the unveiling together! 

Image(1).jpg.2c16a01c1dc90611af2c350d2e20beb2.jpg

The packaging is quite good and looks to really show off the Sacks Parente modern brand and focus on design. My box had a small dent in it at the end, and my friendly UPS driver waited until I gave the all clear signal regarding any potential damage.   The packaging is well done and comparImage(2).jpg.c45a7f0b6bc21598d595add8e34f639c.jpgImage(2).jpg.c45a7f0b6bc21598d595add8e34f639c.jpgtmentalized so it did not have any product damage.   Upon opening we can see:

-Putter

-Headcover

-Ball Marker

Each individually wrapped and all carrying the design from the box right into the product.  Since this feels like an early present I tore - yes tore the individual bags open and inspected each one individually.

Image(3).jpg.54f3600555cda64e80fad9dddea5bfb9.jpg

Image(4).jpg.12c8029d22b757f9863bb98447056449.jpg

So if it is not obvious, I was fitted into the SP 54 3 strip, center shafted!

First Reactions:

1. The putter is very sleek and feels light in your hands. The carbon fiber shaft continues that modern feel and may not be for all but I kind of like it!  Quality stands out.

2. The Grip is half round and flat. This was what I was fit into by Aki and it feels fantastic. Compared to my square oversized ping putter grip I think this is a big change but feels positive!Image(10).jpg.39b813e4a04c0c459eb740207f6354cc.jpg

3. The head feels very stable and balanced with perimeter weights and a very face forward design.

4. The balance point difference is obvious. From when you lift the putter from the box or actually have it in your hands with simulated strokes. I did about 20 practice strokes just feeling the grip the shaft the putter head and I can say the Ultra Low Balance Point is obvious and we shall see how that impacts my game.

5. I loved the magnets on the cover versus the Velcro on my ping putter cover. The quality really feels obvious, but I had to carefully apply the headcover as it fits much tighter than my old velcro cover. Not sure if it stretches as age and use, but this will be different for me for sure.Image(5).jpg.73be6bb1c897ba8c02d6258f1d0b2b23.jpg

6. Quality seems across the board; the ball marker is very pretty and made of high-quality materials. Again, from packaging to putter to headcover to ball marker quality stands constant. Maybe not that of a 3000 dollar putter but this putter is around 400 dollars.  The value really seems there.Image(6).jpg.82df61497d2fe6fe6d3faf83ecae32bd.jpg

7. If I was to nitpick on design the one area that stands out is how the grip transitions to the shaft. It is very abrupt and not as sleek and form fitting as the rest of the design. Some of the other grips do taper a bit more, so imagine this was part of the 'technology' and design coming together:

From SP - NANO CELLULAR TECHNOLOGY
Our signature nano cellular technology grips are specifically designed and engineered as an essential component of ULBP technology

Ultra Low Balance Point

Weight Forward CG

Ultra High Physics Based MOI

Unsurpassed Ball Roll

Naturally Improves Your Stroke

The First test - at home on the old trusty putting matt:

As stated, I did a bunch of 'swings' simulating a real stroke without the ball.  Looking down on the putter is confidence buidling though for me the head is much larger and will take a bit of getting used to... that said. I was amazed that as i moved around the putter seemed to 'square itself' during the stroke!  It felt more of an arc but the visual is to see it square:

Image(7).jpg.b5b576ee80866cd8d45f2039d180800c.jpg

The results of the fist 10 putts were 8 dead in and 2 missed but for me they we left and not right. Seems, day 1 the normal twist and slight right is not occuring.  Let'sImage(11).jpg.040fa21c7eb85dadb3de4a6b845a2c9d.jpg hope this holds true!  I was pleasantly surprised!! 

The Grip, ULBP and Center Shaft do appear to be helping me, the key will be on the actual greens under real conditions. Unfortunately, we have RAIN all weekend so that is not a reality for next couple of days.  

Thanks for attending (reading) my unboxing and unveiling - I hope you learned a bit as I did on this journey to evaluate this brand and putter.  And for those of us that are technology nuts here is a funny video:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzFYiJIxCLF/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Image (12).jpg

Looks nice!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, billpierce said:

The unveiling

Is this the MC or LC?

Virtual Fitting Review

The fitting was different than I expected it to be. I thought it would be a quick look, from different angles, of my stroke, some questions, and a putter recommendation based on arc type, height, etc. This was more like a coaching session and fitting all wrapped into one. Aki immediately noticed that I run my right finger down the side of the grip. We talked about how I have always done this and never really noticed it, and that it makes me feel like my hand is staying square to the target. We did discuss being mindful about that finger not becoming a gas pedal that causes me to accelerate too much through the stroke. I have been struggling with pace, so this is something I am now aware of during my practice sessions of late. Jury is still out on if I need to change my grip at all. Second, he noticed that my arms sometimes get too separated from my body and that my putter is a little more upright than standard. He said the lie angle isn’t a problem and may be helpful in keeping my putter face square, but when my arms get disconnected it causes me to sort of come over the top and loop my stroke now and then. 

The good things I am doing are my eyes are slightly inside the line and I have a good tempo. He also noticed that both the extra heavy Piretti and the heavier grip (it’s a Winn midsize pistol) than stock on my Scotty both will cause me to putt more with my hands than my body. As we talked about the benefits of the Ultra-Low Balance point of the Sacks Parente putters, he detailed how this technology will help this tendency which should help with speed control [crossed fingers]. We also looked at the balance point of both my putters (Scotty ~ 7” from the putter sole, Piretti an inch higher surprisingly. That shaft is HEAVY), and he demonstrated the difference of the Sacks Parente, which was right where the shaft and hosel meet (~5” above the sole). 

OldBalanceComparison.jpg.461990d78c7ab892aa4e608e2223617c.jpg

After this he gave me some drills to do in prep for the new putter, and just to help my tendencies in general. I have been doing both in my practice and am already seeing more consistency in my stroke again with my old putters. I am feeling more athletic and confident with my stroke, but I am noticing how I am fighting certain aspects of my current putters now. I can’t wait to get the SP in hand and see if I improve more.

Finally, we come to the putter recommendation. I was quite surprised with what he came up with. From my long history with the Scotty and the results of the online questionnaire, I expected an Anser style head, either the 66 or the 99. The 99 was really pretty looking and fit my eye, but I was really liking the grooves of the 66 because I had been pondering on an EvnRoll as of late. However, Aki thought I would be better off with something a little different. The two he pulled up were the 39 and the 91, aka the Duke. I have never played either style, but was intrigued by the 39, again due to the grooves. 

Series39.jpg.8d6e2d32633b4e7ec153b2afcf7e42b6.jpg

That one also scared me a little, but he talked about how high the MOI of that model is, due to the weighting. However, we settled on the 91 because I tend to line up using the sight line in the back of my putters, and its hosel is farther towards the middle of the head than my current putters, favoring a slight arc. He liked the length and lie of my Scotty for me, so we decided on 34” with a 71* lie angle and the pistol grip, since I have a traditional grip and have always used a pistol.

Duke.jpg.bf21f57d83109c7c1d0d06ce5febb2a6.jpg

All in all, the whole process took an hour and 15 minutes. We had 45 minutes scheduled, but Aki was very thorough and never seemed in a rush, which was really cool. I had his full focus and attention and he was very helpful. Now, all I can do is wait. He said he thought it should be shipped the next Monday, I was fitted on a Friday, and since I am in Utah and fairly close to California, I would see it early in the week. However, that was two and a half weeks ago and I still haven’t seen the putter. I am getting antsy as we have had some warm days here in Utah, but now the forecast is leaning colder. I don’t want to test this solely inside, as I want to get some strokes gained data. Hopefully I will still be able to get a few rounds in before the snow comes.

Edited by MuniGolfer

Quick update, I had my cataract surgery last week. It went great, 20-20 in that eye from 20/400. My eye sight is already better than I can ever remember. I just got cleared to resume all normal activities except swimming so it will be off to the putting green for me later - once the dilation wears off. 

I have been rolling some putts inside on the carpet. I was not supposed to bend down so I had some balls out in my study pre surgery. 🙂

second eye is next week and I will be back on the course again two weeks from today. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 11/18/2023 at 1:31 PM, billpierce said:

The unveiling

It arrived in the middle of the night!  Santa does exist he just wears a brown suit not a red suit - and eats a lot healthier nowadays:

Image.jpg.7235aa89d0976ca3bb03fc60936d37ff.jpg

From my last update, I left everyone in suspense as to WHAT putter I was fit for.... today we shall all experience the unveiling together! 

Image(1).jpg.2c16a01c1dc90611af2c350d2e20beb2.jpg

The packaging is quite good and looks to really show off the Sacks Parente modern brand and focus on design. My box had a small dent in it at the end, and my friendly UPS driver waited until I gave the all clear signal regarding any potential damage.   The packaging is well done and comparImage(2).jpg.c45a7f0b6bc21598d595add8e34f639c.jpgImage(2).jpg.c45a7f0b6bc21598d595add8e34f639c.jpgtmentalized so it did not have any product damage.   Upon opening we can see:

-Putter

-Headcover

-Ball Marker

Each individually wrapped and all carrying the design from the box right into the product.  Since this feels like an early present I tore - yes tore the individual bags open and inspected each one individually.

Image(3).jpg.54f3600555cda64e80fad9dddea5bfb9.jpg

Image(4).jpg.12c8029d22b757f9863bb98447056449.jpg

First Reactions:

1. The putter is very sleek and feels light in your hands. The carbon fiber shaft continues that modern feel and may not be for all but I kind of like it!  Quality stands out.

2. The Grip is half round and flat. This was what I was fit into by Aki and it feels fantastic. Compared to my square oversized ping putter grip I think this is a big change but feels positive!Image(10).jpg.39b813e4a04c0c459eb740207f6354cc.jpg

3. The head feels very stable and balanced with perimeter weights and a very face forward design.

4. The balance point difference is obvious. From when you lift the putter from the box or actually have it in your hands with simulated strokes. I did about 20 practice strokes just feeling the grip the shaft the putter head and I can say the Ultra Low Balance Point is obvious and we shall see how that impacts my game.

5. I loved the magnets on the cover versus the Velcro on my ping putter cover. The quality really feels obvious, but I had to carefully apply the headcover as it fits much tighter than my old velcro cover. Not sure if it stretches as age and use, but this will be different for me for sure.Image(5).jpg.73be6bb1c897ba8c02d6258f1d0b2b23.jpg

6. Quality seems across the board; the ball marker is very pretty and made of high-quality materials. Again, from packaging to putter to headcover to ball marker quality stands constant. Maybe not that of a 3000 dollar putter but this putter is around 400 dollars.  The value really seems there.Image(6).jpg.82df61497d2fe6fe6d3faf83ecae32bd.jpg

7. If I was to nitpick on design the one area that stands out is how the grip transitions to the shaft. It is very abrupt and not as sleek and form fitting as the rest of the design. Some of the other grips do taper a bit more, so imagine this was part of the 'technology' and design coming together:

From SP - NANO CELLULAR TECHNOLOGY
Our signature nano cellular technology grips are specifically designed and engineered as an essential component of ULBP technology

Ultra Low Balance Point

Weight Forward CG

Ultra High Physics Based MOI

Unsurpassed Ball Roll

Naturally Improves Your Stroke

The First test - at home on the old trusty putting matt:

As stated, I did a bunch of 'swings' simulating a real stroke without the ball.  Looking down on the putter is confidence buidling though for me the head is much larger and will take a bit of getting used to... that said. I was amazed that as i moved around the putter seemed to 'square itself' during the stroke!  It felt more of an arc but the visual is to see it square:

Image(7).jpg.b5b576ee80866cd8d45f2039d180800c.jpg

The results of the fist 10 putts were 8 dead in and 2 missed but for me they we left and not right. Seems, day 1 the normal twist and slight right is not occuring.  Let'sImage(11).jpg.040fa21c7eb85dadb3de4a6b845a2c9d.jpg hope this holds true!  I was pleasantly surprised!! 

The Grip, ULBP and Center Shaft do appear to be helping me, the key will be on the actual greens under real conditions. Unfortunately, we have RAIN all weekend so that is not a reality for next couple of days.  

Thanks for attending (reading) my unboxing and unveiling - I hope you learned a bit as I did on this journey to evaluate this brand and putter.  And for those of us that are technology nuts here is a funny video:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzFYiJIxCLF/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Image (12).jpg

Great info - the putter looks awesome at address….sounds like it’s dialed in pretty well for your swing. 

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Checked my UPS home deliveries page and found a new entry;  looks like my testing/review might get started next week.  

image.png.29bee48d28633ca198368bbbd1caf3c9.png

On 11/24/2023 at 12:43 PM, cnosil said:

Checked my UPS home deliveries page and found a new entry;  looks like my testing/review might get started next week.  

image.png.29bee48d28633ca198368bbbd1caf3c9.png

Checked the status and the putter shipped yesterday; expected delivery 12/5.   Excited to get this going, been doing some behind the scenes work that will get shared once I start testing the Sacks Parente putter.   And to learn more about that work:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47yw7yel0t6jzrhi9t64