Odyssey Ai-ONE Putters - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy BOS

If I remember correctly the 7 5K had the largest footprint, followed by the Ai 7 then the milled Ai 7.  I wish I could find that picture again.  😂

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

On 1/12/2024 at 8:31 PM, Willie T said:

Loving the updates and comparisons - much of what is being discussed I’m seeing as well with the AI-One “Millie”…..it has even piqued the interest of the local Sasquatch to make sure these putters are really real...IMG_7795.jpeg.90c6a6127f0549038e1d2bd332fcbe08.jpeg

Who did you get Bigfoot to teleport in for the photo! LOL, Now I got to go watch the Finding bigfoot show.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

1 hour ago, buckpillar said:

Who did you get Bigfoot to teleport in for the photo! LOL, Now I got to go watch the Finding bigfoot show.

He has been lurking in our area for a few weeks now, managed to catch a photo of him spying the putter in the bag....had to snap it quick, therefore the grainy off focus texture....

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

1 hour ago, Willie T said:

He has been lurking in our area for a few weeks now, managed to catch a photo of him spying the putter in the bag....had to snap it quick, therefore the grainy off focus texture....

Believe it or not, we have a lot of encounters in my area.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

Some more practice today.  About an hour total, trying some new to me techniques.  Haven't been able to eliminate the massive arc I had, but have reduced it quite a bit I think, Allowing me better control over speed and distance.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Some more practice today.  About an hour total, trying some new to me techniques.  Haven't been able to eliminate the massive arc I had, but have reduced it quite a bit I think, Allowing me better control over speed and distance.

That's some nice putting for dormant bumpy grass!  The putts with the mirror don't look like you have a ton of arc.  

Sorry if you mentioned it already, but is there a performance reason you're trying to reduce arc?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Rob, Good video, looks like the new techniques are pretty neat. I think you will reduce your arc with practice. I'm going to roll some on the patio tomorrow, was able to remove the snow today and then the sun took care of the rest.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Good Distance control also, Sound seems to be a nice soft click and the roll looks good on the bumpy green, dispersion also looked good on the long putts. I guessing you were about 20 - 25 feet away?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

The arc reduction.  I got in my own head once I was able see putting on video. Everyone has an arc either in the back or forward part of the strokes.  To me, mine was "over exaggerated " and unnecessary. Also it eliminated SOME of my push.

Thanks Buck,  great tips, but definitely took quite some adjusting on my part to even get to that point. Naturally wanted to keep elbows in and had to think and adjust each time. I feel better about it now too.

Putts were from 4'- 35' some were on fringe too.

Appreciate the feedback everyone.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

9 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Good job!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

18 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

The arc reduction.  I got in my own head once I was able see putting on video. Everyone has an arc either in the back or forward part of the strokes.  To me, mine was "over exaggerated " and unnecessary. Also it eliminated SOME of my push.

Thanks Buck,  great tips, but definitely took quite some adjusting on my part to even get to that point. Naturally wanted to keep elbows in and had to think and adjust each time. I feel better about it now too.

Putts were from 4'- 35' some were on fringe too.

Appreciate the feedback everyone.

Changes take time, but seems to be working so far, keep up the good work.

For me, it is easy to fall into bad habits in both putting stroke and full swings.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I know I’m changing the subject here but I found the pictures of the 5K - 7 and the Ai 7 side by side.  The 7 milled is smaller than the Ai 7 and last year’s 7 db being the smallest I believe.  I hit the Ai DW again tonight and the 5K -7.  I like the larger footprint of the 5K but couldn’t seem to identify where the strikes were on it.   At least with the Ai I knew where I hit the ball on the face of the putter.  IMG_5696.jpeg.93bf6ee71ed6893834a2faa06db4cffa.jpeg

Edited by Lefty11

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Past weekend weather:
- Saturday: 65 and breezy = no golf 
- Sunday: 60 = no golf
- Monday: 40 and windy/snow/rain = golf! 
IMG_4500.jpeg.ddbfb5291022b8f759f87775ce10791b.jpeg

The test must go on…not many people out, but I had some friends with me
IMG_4502.jpeg.d29f8a4cd331611b13b65bb5e69e6d2f.jpeg

The Ai-ONE was working well today…total of 30 putts, no 3 putts.  Only 1 hole was “stressful” with a 4 footer for the second putt (first was a downhill big breaker that ran out a bit).  I feel like every putt I stand over has a chance to go in.  Still feel super comfortable with this putter this far into the test.

For the community, how would you play this shot…off the green with 3’ of fringe (uphill) and then downhill green 7’ to hole breaking right to left: 

IMG_4501.jpeg.265e3fb00e246f3ef562e2552aed8a06.jpeg

I had this situation today, hit a very nice approach that carried long…was 15’ farther back and tried to get too cute with the chip and left this shot.  Previously I would pull a wedge and chip this just because my putting can be iffy at times (at least with my prior gamer).  Gave the 7S a shot today and sunk the putt.  Ball came off the face cleanly and rolled through the fringe nicely.  Will likely be rethinking my shots around the green with the 7S in my hand!

The conditions were wet and muddy throughout the round…the white part of the cover can get a little dirty, but has wiped clean for me so far. 
IMG_4503.jpeg.d6742f4e2741667307e6d610fd833fd6.jpeg

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Honestly, I would have putted too. From the looks of the ground, a small bump.and run might work with a 9i, but may run wild too down the hill. With putting I'd be worried it would catch that rough snaggle patch at the end of the cut, and toss the ball in another direction too.

Great job on tipping the cup!

16 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Changes take time, but seems to be working so far, keep up the good work.

For me, it is easy to fall into bad habits in both putting stroke and full swings.

16 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Good job!  

glad to hear its helping, It will take a little more then it will become second nature. 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

3 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Past weekend weather:
- Saturday: 65 and breezy = no golf 
- Sunday: 60 = no golf
- Monday: 40 and windy/snow/rain = golf! 
IMG_4500.jpeg.ddbfb5291022b8f759f87775ce10791b.jpeg

The test must go on…not many people out, but I had some friends with me
IMG_4502.jpeg.d29f8a4cd331611b13b65bb5e69e6d2f.jpeg

The Ai-ONE was working well today…total of 30 putts, no 3 putts.  Only 1 hole was “stressful” with a 4 footer for the second putt (first was a downhill big breaker that ran out a bit).  I feel like every putt I stand over has a chance to go in.  Still feel super comfortable with this putter this far into the test.

For the community, how would you play this shot…off the green with 3’ of fringe (uphill) and then downhill green 7’ to hole breaking right to left: 

IMG_4501.jpeg.265e3fb00e246f3ef562e2552aed8a06.jpeg

I had this situation today, hit a very nice approach that carried long…was 15’ farther back and tried to get too cute with the chip and left this shot.  Previously I would pull a wedge and chip this just because my putting can be iffy at times (at least with my prior gamer).  Gave the 7S a shot today and sunk the putt.  Ball came off the face cleanly and rolled through the fringe nicely.  Will likely be rethinking my shots around the green with the 7S in my hand!

The conditions were wet and muddy throughout the round…the white part of the cover can get a little dirty, but has wiped clean for me so far. 
IMG_4503.jpeg.d6742f4e2741667307e6d610fd833fd6.jpeg

Choke down on a 3 wood, use your putting stroke, determine your line and speed... let it rip.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

4 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

I know I’m changing the subject here but I found the pictures of the 5K - 7 and the Ai 7 side by side.  The 7 milled is smaller than the Ai 7 and last year’s 7 db being the smallest I believe.  I hit the Ai DW again tonight and the 5K -7.  I like the larger footprint of the 5K but couldn’t seem to identify where the strikes were on it.   At least with the Ai I knew where I hit the ball on the face of the putter.  IMG_5696.jpeg.93bf6ee71ed6893834a2faa06db4cffa.jpeg

Look identical except for the hosel, how was the feel?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

5 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Look identical except for the hosel, how was the feel?

The 5K felt terrible so I put it back on the shelf immediately.   The Ai is so smooth and I didn’t feel like I needed to hit the ball as hard.  

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Well i spent last night putting inside the house and i have been spending this time trying to do a straight back putting vs arc putting comparison but i noticed there was a lot of miss hits and bad speed control on the arc style but i think its because it is not my personal putting style and I think I'm just going to scrap the idea because I don't want a negative part of my review to be something that could honestly be my fault and has nothing to do with the putter 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

31 minutes ago, Blaine Dye said:

Well i spent last night putting inside the house and i have been spending this time trying to do a straight back putting vs arc putting comparison 

You shouldn’t try to arc the putter, it is something that just happens as the putter moves on plane due to the shaft being on an angle.  When trying this, is your focus on the head movement or your hand movement?  Hands can move straight back and the head will arc naturally 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 hours ago, buckpillar said:

This is what I'm dealing with the past 2 days, and now snowing again. More indoor putting to come, with breaking putts.

20240116_010447.jpg

You can shovel a line to the hole and voila - more putts made and less dispersion!

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

Ping Putter w/ modified grip

image.png

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

You shouldn’t try to arc the putter, it is something that just happens as the putter moves on plane due to the shaft being on an angle.  When trying this, is your focus on the head movement or your hand movement?  Hands can move straight back and the head will arc naturally 

And i know that was just trying to think of ways to test the putters overall forgiveness 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

Started rolling the Rossi this past weekend. Seems really good! 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

2 hours ago, Blaine Dye said:

And i know that was just trying to think of ways to test the putters overall forgiveness 

I purposefully set up to hit putts off the heel/toe/center with a setup to control the stroke as much as possible (had tees set behind the ball to control backstroke and tried to maintain same pace through the putt) comparing the overall distance (hit 6 putts cycling through center-toe-heel-center-toe-heel)…was very impressed with the results.  The balls all finished at a very similar distance regardless of the strike point on the face.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

37 minutes ago, Bohnson said:

Started rolling the Rossi this past weekend. Seems really good! 

I’ve seen similar with the 7S, ball comes off the face nice and rolls clean.  Overall, I’m quite impressed with the Ai-ONE.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

ODYSSEY AI#1 MINI GOLF - HOME COURSE 

Got in some Mini Golf today, I played the hall way course today with all the snow outside. Conditions were random, teeing off from 15ft throw rug, then the ceramic tile fairway onto the green plush carpet to the hole. I did encounter a couple walls as you will see in the first video but was dialed in on the second. 

I used 3 different balls today, Titleist PROV1 - Taylormade Tour Response and the Kirkland, the PROV1 and Tour response felt great but the Kirkland was clicky and felt more plastic than usual, going forward I'm removing the Kirkland from all tests.  I quickly was able to gauge the speed by the end of the first video then the second had 1 miss hit. 

I'm going to say that the Odyssey AI#1 putter is many steps above my current putter!

Hope you all enjoy! Stay warm and yes you can remove the snow with your hand on your putting line.

Edited by buckpillar
spelling error

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

Loved the cheer squad. I wonder if you reversed the course if it would be more realistic?

Carpet is fringe,  runner is first cut, floor is green?

Hmmm.  Maybe we should have an AI-ONE mini golf putting ahowdown?!!!  Yes, yes I think we should!!!

3 hole indoors course challenge? Video required. 

What say ye? Any special parameters or distance requirements?

Loved the cheer squad. I wonder if you reversed the course if it would be more realistic?

Carpet is fringe,  runner is first cut, floor is green?

Hmmm.  Maybe we should have an AI-ONE mini golf putting ahowdown?!!!  Yes, yes I think we should!!!

3 hole indoors course challenge? Video required. 

What say ye? Any special parameters or distance requirements?

I did reverse it but couldn't get the video zoomed to record it since I flipped the screen to record.

That would be a good idea for mini golf showdown.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]