Forum Pick'em 2024 With Lamkin Grips!

GolfSpy_APH
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

2024 MyGolfSpy Forum Pick'em Presented by Lamkin!

Prizes - Set of Lamkin Grips for the winner of each Major week
2nd place End of Year - Set of Lamkin Grips
1st place End of Year - Forum Testing Golden Ticket*

Rules:

• Autopick enabled for random Top 100 players if no lineup is set. If a team autopicks three times in a season they are DQ's
  • Teams will select 5 golfers each week. 
  • A golfer can only be used 8 times per season! (In other words you cannot picked Scottie 12 times or any other golfer for more than a total of 8 events).
  • Total Low Score is done for placement. No more dollar value! 
  • Tie Breakers to be done by dollar value*

See event schedule below:
Screenshot 2024-01-09 11.53.54 AM.png

Recap of rules
Screenshot 2024-01-09 11.54.26 AM.png

Cost for entry for the season is $2
Payments to be venmoed or submitted to @GolfSpy SAM - PM him and he'll get you his Venmo. Please include your RYP Screen Name. Anyone not paid by start will be removed from the league.   All entries must be received and paid for by Wednesday, January 17, 9pm PST.  

Link for entry: https://www.runyourpool.com/p/j/d5c9593e18f544e099dbf7ec991ed18e

Just now, GolfSpy SAM said:

I agree there should be a way to pick a "if someone WD's" contingency, but all that being said, we had a hell of a first run at this thing! Congrats to @CFreddie (who's all but completely sealed the deal) on a GREAT season!  (If it wasn't for two genuinely awful weeks, I'd be congratulating MYSELF 🙂 )

Yeah that's my only beef. I literally had it happen I think 4 or 5 times and it destroyed my numbers.   Still, it was an awesome season and I will def do it again next year if it happens. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

19 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I agree there should be a way to pick a "if someone WD's" contingency, but all that being said, we had a hell of a first run at this thing! Congrats to @CFreddie (who's all but completely sealed the deal) on a GREAT season!  (If it wasn't for two genuinely awful weeks, I'd be congratulating MYSELF 🙂 )

@GolfSpy SAM:

shhh-quite.gif

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

27 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Yeah that's my only beef. I literally had it happen I think 4 or 5 times and it destroyed my numbers.   Still, it was an awesome season and I will def do it again next year if it happens. 

I’m with you on that. Even if it went up to 5 bucks for the year I’d be more than ok with it. It was fun and kept me focused on each week. Plus it was a lot of fun. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

Mizuno ST Max 3 wood

PXG 7 wood with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Mizuno S23 54 and 58 degree wedges

L.A.B. DF3 Putter

This is probably the most golf I've watched in a year - it definitely kept me cognizant of what's going on week to week on the Tour.  

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Callaway Paradym

This was a blast! Pulled up from last place the first three weeks! Next year I’ll be ready! Till the go Saints go Bucks go Badgers!

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

We may actually up the cost to a bit more than the $2 we charged this year (which covered the cost of the platform, which USED to be free, but because of the size of the group there was no longer a free option), if only to put it directly towards a prize that's slightly more substantial - the other Forum Staff and I are actually discussing currently, but will let everyone know ahead of next season.  

Ultimately, we're thrilled with the results (except @GolfSpy_KFT - who, barring a big last weekend, will be wearing THESE (see below) for a round of our choosing), and we'd love to have it grow even more.  It's such a fun way to get a little more "community" feel.

image.png

(nothing embarrassing about this at all. It has yellow golf socks, after all.  See? TOTALLY normal.)

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

1 hour ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

We may actually up the cost to a bit more than the $2 we charged this year (which covered the cost of the platform, which USED to be free, but because of the size of the group there was no longer a free option), if only to put it directly towards a prize that's slightly more substantial - the other Forum Staff and I are actually discussing currently, but will let everyone know ahead of next season.  

Ultimately, we're thrilled with the results (except @GolfSpy_KFT - who, barring a big last weekend, will be wearing THESE (see below) for a round of our choosing), and we'd love to have it grow even more.  It's such a fun way to get a little more "community" feel.

image.png

(nothing embarrassing about this at all. It has yellow golf socks, after all.  See? TOTALLY normal.)

😂 Love this! Can't wait to see some photos from that round when it happens. Those are some snazzy knickerbockers.

Frankly, it could be wurst.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

5 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

image.png

These are going to look spectacular next to your new GT setup @GolfSpy_KFT 😂

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Callaway Paradym

5 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

image.png

Haha. These are great!  

Did anyone forfeit because lack of picks or did is @GolfSpy_KFT in last with staff?

Guess I should have paid more attention to this, lol

I’ll wear the hot dog pants but I’m not buying them 😂

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

This fantasy has been fun. I’ve maintained top 3 in money earned and fedex cup points but not even close to being in the lead in this format. Definitely interesting and challenging. 

IMG_2372.png

Love & Live 4 Golf

1 hour ago, Josh Parker said:

Haha. These are great!  

Did anyone forfeit because lack of picks or did is @GolfSpy_KFT in last with staff?

I was awful at putting in my picks lol, totally my own doing. Lots of auto picks 

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

I was awful at putting in my picks lol, totally my own doing. Lots of auto picks 

Better start looking at loudmouth golf for the new pants. Ha. 

This is awesome. I wish I had seen this before now! I decided I would actually try and follow the pga this year since I never had before and it has been fun to get to watch the best of the best so often. If we do this again next year I’m in!

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

Ok, so now is the time…

But seriously, thank you so much to @GolfSpy_APH and @GolfSpy SAM for putting this on.  Really enjoyed the pick-me this year and can’t wait to do it again next year (to defend my title, obviously). 

IMG_6426.gif

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Callaway Paradym

Appreciate having this to do each week!  Can’t wait to do it next year!  

• Driver - Cobra LTDx Max
  • 3W - Callaway Paradym
  • 3h/4h - Callaway BB19
  • 5h - TM Stealth
  • 6i-P - Wilson D9 CB
  • 52* - Cobra SB Black
  • 56* - Callaway JAWS MD5
  • 60* - Mizuno T22 C-Grind
  • Putter - Cleveland HB 11 Soft Mallet 34"

28 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Ok, so now is the time…

But seriously, thank you so much to @GolfSpy_APH and @GolfSpy SAM for putting this on.  Really enjoyed the pick-me this year and can’t wait to do it again next year (to defend my title, obviously). 

IMG_6426.gif

Congrats!  

1 hour ago, CFreddie said:

Ok, so now is the time…

IMG_6426.gif

Congrats, buddy! Great, great season, everyone! Happy to say I snuck into 2nd place overall, and 1st among the Forum Staff, so I will NOT be donning anything embarrassing to be enshrined on video forever.  Ahem.  Paging @GolfSpy_KFT... 😉

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

1 minute ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Congrats, buddy! Great, great season, everyone! Happy to say I snuck into 2nd place overall, and 1st among the Forum Staff, so I will NOT be donning anything embarrassing to be enshrined on video forever.  Ahem.  Paging @GolfSpy_KFT... 😉

Haha, the pants are a small punishment but... 

I mean I'm all for the #leftygang but you have to add the hat....

image.png.06db980d224b408d9808757999b59a97.png

2 hours ago, CFreddie said:

Ok, so now is the time…

IMG_6426.gif

Congrats!

Driver: :taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 8* w/Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6X or Terra Forza Yellow+ (MGS Test in Progress!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

25 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

bring out the chicken suit

image.gif

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k 10.5° turned up 1°  w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3w::ping-small: 14.5° G425 Max Newton 6 dot

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

5i-PW:  :ping-small: Blueprint S with DG S300

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

bring out the chicken suit

image.gif

Oh that has to happen! 😆 🤣 😂 

I was following along in the background on this.  I'm not a gambling type person, but may definitely get involved next year! (I'll probably be the one who will get to Don some obnoxious thing)

Congratulations @CFreddie and also to @GolfSpy_KFT

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Congrats! Was fun to follow along for the season. Missing cuts was a killer haha looking forward to the next one 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Definitely enjoyed the contest this year. My picks were absolute trash so my goal next year will be to be better than the automated picks. Another goal will be to not miss any deadlines and rely on the autopick to save my butt.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+