Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shaft opinion

I’m about to order a new Qi10 driver.  I don’t live near anywhere to try out different shafts.  I have a fairly high launch angle with above average clubhead speed.  
what is everyone’s opinion on the best shaft on the market or what I should get in my club 

thank you 

7 hours ago, Steele8484 said:

I’m about to order a new Qi10 driver.  I don’t live near anywhere to try out different shafts.  I have a fairly high launch angle with above average clubhead speed.  
what is everyone’s opinion on the best shaft on the market or what I should get in my club 

thank you 

Are you looking to get a stock shaft?  What is your swing speed? Budget for shafts?

The more info you put on here the better.  Folks are going to say get fitted but without any info, it will be really hard to even offer a few options.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Best is going to be different for each golfer. Some will say the ventus velocore line is the best and use your popularity and personal experience to back it up. Others might say the AD DI for the same reasons plus rhe longevity it’s had on tour.

Othes could say then llc Diamana tb, or the tense pro white 1k, or the black 1k. Some may say the original graffalloy blue shaft or basically any other shaft.

Shafts themselves aren’t as important as people want to claim. They are there for weight and feel, not everyone has the same feel or swing the same way even at the same swing speed and self described tempo.

Unfortunatley there’s no way to say what the best shaft is for you or how one shaft might compare to another one for your swing.

usually changing launch angle or spin is easiest and cheaper thru changing loft of the driver than thur a shaft. Callaway and others have tested shafts and from a lightweight soft flex shaft all the way up to a long drive shaft there isn’t much difference in launch and spin when used a robot, it’s the human factor and how the weight and feel of a shaft affects our swing and thus delivery of the club that then influences launch and spin

looking at where you make contact in the face and changing that will raise or lower launch. The further down the face the lower the launch will be but the higher then spin. The optimal spot is 5mm towards toe and 5mm above center. 

Edited by RickyBobby_PR

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 3:17 AM, Steele8484 said:

I don’t live near anywhere to try out different shafts.  I have a fairly high launch angle with above average clubhead speed.  

This issue is raised a lot, but in all honesty it's not really a legitimate excuse for anyone willing to drop the better part 600 bucks and ask random strangers for advice.

Presumably you have access to golf courses to play golf - which in turn normally have golf professionals - who in turn are probably more qualified to than any of us to give a few pointers on what you should be looking at, if you get an honest appraisal of your swing and ability. Money well spent, rather than taking the hit on selling it after you find out you've got the wrong fit.

Which incidentally opens up a different avenue, when you can actually pick up the 'better' fitting club in the used market (and there will be) because someone else did the blind buy route without doing a bit of homework first.

Have a rethink on what you want to achieve and what you want to spend - because if you have an unlimited budget, then you probably don't have much to worry about and the whole 'there isn't anything near me' excuse isn't valid. Conversely, if you have a limited budget and want to get it right without spending (or wasting) more money than you need to - do it propoerly and seek professional advice first. That's means a bit of effort on your part I'm afraid.

Problem 2 - TM have so many different options you'd never figure it out without professional advice anyway IMHO. A cursory glance at their custom options booklet only supports that theory. 

https://www.taylormadegolf.co.uk/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-TMaG-UK-Library/en_GB/v1706677500443/TaylorMade/Custom_Specs/custom_options.pdf