Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

TPT Golf Shafts - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Want to follow our testers posts and progress? Click on their main post links below!
@William P - Main Post 

@Hoyoymac - Main Post 

@RoverRick - Main Post 

@ZackS - Main Post

19 hours ago, RoverRick said:

Fitting with Jon Sinclair

I’ve been to multiple fitting. There may be 3 heads and 3 shaft options, 4 swings with each, 24 swats with the clubs, and 30 minutes, and you are done. This was not that at all. Jon has more knowledge of the golf swing, mechanics, and shafts than everyone I have ever met, combined. 

I arrived at Jon’s lair on the back side of the range about 8:45. Morning pleasantries and a brief tour of the of the facility. A small waiting room, public area, a club building and storage room, a hitting bay with club measuring and Trackman, and 3D analysis equipment. Then the bay next to it was turned into a putting analysis room with a huge looked to be 10’x20’ PuttView green with an absolutely beautiful wall covering showing the TPT factory and Swiss Alps. 

Sorry, I have a video of the entire room, but can’t upload. 

We first talked about putting and the TPT putter shaft. He, of course, had seen my LAB DF2.1 with the Accra shaft. He extolled the virtues of the TPT shaft and promised an opportunity to putt after the fitting. I told him I was an excellent putter but sucked in the long game. I naturally was hitting down on the ball too much and had been making some swing changes, but I was concerned if I thought about swing changes, I would be changing my swing every time, and he would not be able to fit a moving target. (I should have had more faith in him.) He said, just swing, and I’ll tell you when to change. I chose the Moe Norman set up because while I currently have faults, it is very repeatable.

IMG_5232.jpeg.a926159b69f9921832cdcca216de7701.jpeg

I also explained that since October my right leg very weak with Osteoarthritis in the knee and ankle and quadricep tendinitis. This meant that when I shifted my weight to the right, it stayed there. Also, arthritis in my left hand kept me from swinging as fast because if grip pressure. That I changed to JumboMax JMX Ultralight XS grips last Wednesday, but have not hit a ball with them yet, because of the weather. Additionally, I had a question about if the Ping G430LST 10.5° was right for me. Should I go to a Max 10K head. 

At that point, I began to warm up, and mercifully, I had a pretty good iron swing. High and straight and what I have come to think of as my new distance. (1 club less than last summer.)

Then it was my driver time. Ping G430 LST 10.5° +1.5° on a Tour AD DI 6S. I knew I was hitting down on it but not that much. 8.5° is too much for a wedge, yet I was doing it with the driver. But I have seen enough videos to know that fitters can work with a repetitive swing with solid middle-ish face contact. 

First, my “normal-bad” driver swing is generally 175-180 carry and 30-50 yards roll, but down the middle. When I start adjusting it, then it’s 200 carry with 20-30 yards roll, but can go any direction. I have a wealth of experience playing with this ball flight. 

What followed was a multitude of shaft changes, 3-5 hits, change the shaft, repeat. TPT has Nitro and Power Ranges, 8 weight, flex, and torque profiles, and high and low kick points. That’s 32 different shafts. I didn’t hit all of them, but it seemed like half of them. I didn’t count them. I didn’t pay attention. Jon was the expert, and I was the dummy. He would ask my thoughts on the feel. Since the number system on TPT shafts meant nothing to me, I didn’t pay attention. 

A quick aside on the Nitro and Power Range shafts. They are basically the same thing, but the Nitro is a lighter weight material, more expensive. This is only for the driver. Fairway and Hybrids are the Power Range. The only visible difference is the word “DRIVER” on the Nitro is yellow and red on the Power. 

After 2 1/2 hours of driver swings, Jon selected the Power Driver 18 Hi for my driver. Apparently, I needed the heavier shaft. 

IMG_1736.jpeg.ab49636fc4309386268840691e789f6f.jpeg

We then moved on to the Ping G430 MAX 15° +1.5° on Tour AD DJ 7S. I purchased this head on Thursday, and because of the rain, the first time I hit this was in the bay Sunday morning.  The shaft was from my G425 LST 3w (RIP). Once again, there were 3-5 hits, shaft change, 3-5 hits, “How did that feel?”, repeat. Eventually, he chose the Power Fairway 18 Hi. The only real variation was we went outside and confirmed hitting that one off the grass. 

IMG_1735.jpeg.9dd2fb97a4519091aaa76abf32d58f77.jpeg

Unsurprisingly, the hybrid, Ping G425 19° Flat +1°, was a copy and paste of the others. And also, the shaft he picked was the Power 18Hi Hybrid. 

IMG_1734.jpeg.09ef7cf79689461ef871863a56891024.jpeg

He later told William P. and I that it was unusual that a player ends up in the same shaft for all 3 clubs. I should have asked if the fact that both had the same brand of heads. Did I mention William came early and joined us after I had been hitting for an hour? (William took these wonderful videos that will not upload.) 

At some point, I asked about the G430 LST 10.5° being the right one for me. He said yes and we discussed the future adjustments that it offered and some swing changes I need to make and how the head is ideal for that. He also said the MAX 10K offered more forgiveness, but this wasn’t something I needed. I needed spin reduction and better angle of attack. While watching William P. I became completely at ease with this head. William had some difficulty, and Jon, who up until then hadn’t even hinted that there were other heads than the ones we brought, opened a drawer with all the latest heads and had William try them. This left no doubt that if Jon didn’t believe that was the best head for me, he would have pulled one out and tried it. 

After my fitting and before William’s, he explained how the shafts were made and the features, advantages, and benefits of TPT. And then we went into the putting room. 

IMG_1738.jpeg.fbbb7c1c86eb75bef340f324329cb286.jpeg

I am thoroughly satisfied with my LAB DF2.1 with the Accra shaft. But he had a LINK1 with the TPT. 10 months ago, I tried the LINK with the standard shaft. Granted it was for 10 minutes, and the first LAB I had ever hit. This was an incredible putter. I sank the first three 18’ers on the flat level surface. He said, “You make this look too easy, let me turn this to the “Jon Rahm” setting. The green bent and flexed to where it was a double breaker rolling 15 stimp with 4.7° slope near the hole. I drained it dead center. He looked at me astonished until I admitted I was aiming at the center hole, and it went in the top hole. I never made that putt. But the shaft felt so good. 

This was an incredible opportunity, I feel I learned so much from Jon. He has over 200 pros captured on 3D video. He said there are only 3 common movements to all good golfers. 

1.      The hips have to move towards the lead side first. 

2.     The hips have to rotate as they shift.

3.    The trail foot moves towards the target through impact. 

Everything else is just matching up the face to path. He said what I needed to do was stack up on my left side, and stay there. I said, “Like Stack and Tilt?” He said “Stack and Tilt is great for teaching new golfers fast. In your case, any bad stuff it teaches you will not affect you adversely because you have decades of doing it a different way. “ 

At this point I would include information on how the shafts are made, but I’ve seen a multitude of posts in this thread already that have it. 

As I was typing this, I received a text from Matt at TPT saying they were assembling my shafts and asked if I wanted the standard grip or to have it sent without a grip. I said no grip, and he said “Done”. I expect the shafts to ship shortly. 

Great job so far!  I am really looking forward to the results!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

5 hours ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Well done and quite the grownup review . It really paid off having your female adult supervisory authority on hand. Nice touch having the daughter there to observe how mom gets things done in public. 
  Heard Jon was missing a couple of little bright shiny things… Do you know anything about them?? 

image.png.3f7f101b6592a0f1db8b2738748023b3.png

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

During the conversation around TPT shaft manufacturing process Jon did advise that he recommends longer necked clubhead covers for use with the TPT shafts.

This stems from the fact that TPT applies only two coats of matt clearcoat over the raw machined (sanded) shaft allowing for approximately 20% more material to be utilized in production of the shaft achieving higher strength and stability. 

As you can imagine, clubs rubbing against the shaft during walking rounds or transport will wear through the coating faster than the more conventionally fabricated shafts which have many more coats of paint which can add up to 20% - 30% of total shaft weight.

ELIXR (2022)

18 minutes ago, William P said:

During the conversation around TPT shaft manufacturing process Jon did advise that he recommends longer necked clubhead covers for use with the TPT shafts.

This stems from the fact that TPT applies only two coats of matt clearcoat over the raw machined (sanded) shaft allowing for approximately 20% more material to be utilized in production of the shaft achieving higher strength and stability. 

As you can imagine, clubs rubbing against the shaft during walking rounds or transport will wear through the coating faster than the more conventionally fabricated shafts which have many more coats of paint which can add up to 20% - 30% of total shaft weight.

While he was saying this about the longer head cover, I remembered that I had an ER5B Evnroll putter with a black painted shaft. It started to have bag wear really quickly, so I put a rag for additional padding. Of course my next bag purchase was with that in mind. 

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

12 hours ago, William P said:

TPT fitting with Jon Sinclair

Jon Sinclair's Golf Training Center is located at one end of the Texas Star Golf Course driving range and is nicely situated to afford a degree of privacy in a calm and quiet setting. The swing bay is nice in that it allows you to observe actual ball flight which I much prefer over a sim screen. The equipment is state of the art and as you look around Jon's shop you will find everything needed for teaching/coaching, fitting, club building, and alterations. TrackMan is the technology of choice for data acquisition during the fitting process. Jon is also sought after for his knowledge in the use of 3D technology and boasts the world's largest database of over 200 professional golfers.

SinclairsGolfTrainingCenter.png.jpg.7802bfd8ec35b26b3fc383f71459d0ca.jpg

Swing3DTechEditThumbnail.jpg.65eb2010adc3306b84d0c9776179b153.jpgTrackManThumbnail.png.ef0b02dc430cf826bfb52accd4b5f7a2.png

I arrived early to assist Rick with pictures and video and was able to observe and get a feel for the process before it was my turn in the limelight. 

As Rick was finishing up and putting his clubs away Jon showed us his putting training area. Some kind of nice is all I can say! Fully programable bed with overhead graphics projection which are used to assist in teaching green reading. And the wrap around background of TPT home in Switzerland was cool too...

PuttingTrainer.jpeg.de687d73a648805c219466c7daff9e92.jpeg

While Rick enjoyed a little putting practice, he is a dang good putter by the way, I started warming up during which Jon was observing intently and noting swing tendencies. I'm pretty sure I had his head spinning...😅   This would be the only part of the session I would consider normal in reference to previous fittings. From that point on, it was all business and I enjoyed it immensely! One significant note is that all balls used for fitting, Pinnacle range balls, are brand new out of the box.

I lost count of the number of shafts tested during the entire process, but the number used for the driver was 6 with two of them being reintroduced multiple times as a means to validate benchmarks as we progressed. Clearly Jon manages the process and is driven by a quest for optimum performance. 

Protocol was to make 3-5 decent swings, under his watchful eye and then Jon would make any head adjustment or shaft change he determined required, hand the club back and repeat the sequence. Of the total balls struck, approx.130 useable, I would estimate that roughly 70-80 were used on the driver fitting.

TPTSwingPic.jpeg.8e9c4c4cbad690d905a760a6589d882d.jpeg

Jon took the time to explain all the data parameters he was monitoring and what results he was looking for. There came a point after the 3rd or 4th shaft that I was in a state of information overload for which there was no recovery... Just trusted in the fact that Jon knew what he was doing and looking for.

He commented that with shaft selection he could move the ball 2" up, down, left, or right. I was unable to strike the ball high in the face due to my AOA being fairly constant at about a negative 4-5*. Jon went, what I consider as, "above and beyond" in attempting to help me remedy this issue with potential equipment changes. We first tried increasing clubhead weight by 5 grams which didn't produce desired effect. He then went into his 2024 driver clubhead drawer and pulled out the TSR3 head and added weight to no avail. Next, we tried the Ping G425 LST and the G430 Max 10k heads with no success, so it appears I have another issue to add to swing improvements needed for 2024. This one is worth about 20-30 yards total according to Jon so it will be a priority!

Based on all the results Jon settled into the Nitro 17 Lo as the preferred shaft and moved on to the Fairway and Hybrid clubs using the same process. However, my angle of attack, while a little steep, is more favorable with these weapons and 50+ balls later we closed the fitting out with a quick review of the results. 

Driver:     NITRO   

Model                                Flight                                  Weight                                    Torque                                Raw Length                      CPM           

Driverspecs1.png.d088ec53455e3db428c79c44b52560c0.png

Fairway: Power Range

Fairway3specs.png.c3d5458b2d638b30d850ee782b8de4ea.png

Hybrid: Power Range

HybridSpec.png.0adc239a23bcda1a7c81b2313716a70f.png

To say the time with Jon was interesting, informative, and fun would be an understatement. He is very knowledgeable of the industry and will take the time to answer any questions or offer any opinions.

Again, I want to thank the MGS Team, and TPT for this opportunity!

Also, a special thank you to my wife and daughter for taking their Sunday to support me on this journey!

TPTGroupPhoto.png.27231121b6dd40f2b4c2591c466407b8.png

@William P excellent and thorough review. Enjoyed the pictures and video. Very smart to bring your support team. Added bonus was the overlap with @RoverRick  Well done to the both of you. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

23 hours ago, RoverRick said:

Fitting with Jon Sinclair

I’ve been to multiple fitting. There may be 3 heads and 3 shaft options, 4 swings with each, 24 swats with the clubs, and 30 minutes, and you are done. This was not that at all. Jon has more knowledge of the golf swing, mechanics, and shafts than everyone I have ever met, combined. 

I arrived at Jon’s lair on the back side of the range about 8:45. Morning pleasantries and a brief tour of the of the facility. A small waiting room, public area, a club building and storage room, a hitting bay with club measuring and Trackman, and 3D analysis equipment. Then the bay next to it was turned into a putting analysis room with a huge looked to be 10’x20’ PuttView green with an absolutely beautiful wall covering showing the TPT factory and Swiss Alps. 

Sorry, I have a video of the entire room, but can’t upload. 

We first talked about putting and the TPT putter shaft. He, of course, had seen my LAB DF2.1 with the Accra shaft. He extolled the virtues of the TPT shaft and promised an opportunity to putt after the fitting. I told him I was an excellent putter but sucked in the long game. I naturally was hitting down on the ball too much and had been making some swing changes, but I was concerned if I thought about swing changes, I would be changing my swing every time, and he would not be able to fit a moving target. (I should have had more faith in him.) He said, just swing, and I’ll tell you when to change. I chose the Moe Norman set up because while I currently have faults, it is very repeatable.

IMG_5232.jpeg.a926159b69f9921832cdcca216de7701.jpeg

I also explained that since October my right leg very weak with Osteoarthritis in the knee and ankle and quadricep tendinitis. This meant that when I shifted my weight to the right, it stayed there. Also, arthritis in my left hand kept me from swinging as fast because if grip pressure. That I changed to JumboMax JMX Ultralight XS grips last Wednesday, but have not hit a ball with them yet, because of the weather. Additionally, I had a question about if the Ping G430LST 10.5° was right for me. Should I go to a Max 10K head. 

At that point, I began to warm up, and mercifully, I had a pretty good iron swing. High and straight and what I have come to think of as my new distance. (1 club less than last summer.)

Then it was my driver time. Ping G430 LST 10.5° +1.5° on a Tour AD DI 6S. I knew I was hitting down on it but not that much. 8.5° is too much for a wedge, yet I was doing it with the driver. But I have seen enough videos to know that fitters can work with a repetitive swing with solid middle-ish face contact. 

First, my “normal-bad” driver swing is generally 175-180 carry and 30-50 yards roll, but down the middle. When I start adjusting it, then it’s 200 carry with 20-30 yards roll, but can go any direction. I have a wealth of experience playing with this ball flight. 

What followed was a multitude of shaft changes, 3-5 hits, change the shaft, repeat. TPT has Nitro and Power Ranges, 8 weight, flex, and torque profiles, and high and low kick points. That’s 32 different shafts. I didn’t hit all of them, but it seemed like half of them. I didn’t count them. I didn’t pay attention. Jon was the expert, and I was the dummy. He would ask my thoughts on the feel. Since the number system on TPT shafts meant nothing to me, I didn’t pay attention. 

A quick aside on the Nitro and Power Range shafts. They are basically the same thing, but the Nitro is a lighter weight material, more expensive. This is only for the driver. Fairway and Hybrids are the Power Range. The only visible difference is the word “DRIVER” on the Nitro is yellow and red on the Power. 

After 2 1/2 hours of driver swings, Jon selected the Power Driver 18 Hi for my driver. Apparently, I needed the heavier shaft. 

IMG_1736.jpeg.ab49636fc4309386268840691e789f6f.jpeg

We then moved on to the Ping G430 MAX 15° +1.5° on Tour AD DJ 7S. I purchased this head on Thursday, and because of the rain, the first time I hit this was in the bay Sunday morning.  The shaft was from my G425 LST 3w (RIP). Once again, there were 3-5 hits, shaft change, 3-5 hits, “How did that feel?”, repeat. Eventually, he chose the Power Fairway 18 Hi. The only real variation was we went outside and confirmed hitting that one off the grass. 

IMG_1735.jpeg.9dd2fb97a4519091aaa76abf32d58f77.jpeg

Unsurprisingly, the hybrid, Ping G425 19° Flat +1°, was a copy and paste of the others. And also, the shaft he picked was the Power 18Hi Hybrid. 

IMG_1734.jpeg.09ef7cf79689461ef871863a56891024.jpeg

He later told William P. and I that it was unusual that a player ends up in the same shaft for all 3 clubs. I should have asked if the fact that both had the same brand of heads. Did I mention William came early and joined us after I had been hitting for an hour? (William took these wonderful videos that will not upload.) 

At some point, I asked about the G430 LST 10.5° being the right one for me. He said yes and we discussed the future adjustments that it offered and some swing changes I need to make and how the head is ideal for that. He also said the MAX 10K offered more forgiveness, but this wasn’t something I needed. I needed spin reduction and better angle of attack. While watching William P. I became completely at ease with this head. William had some difficulty, and Jon, who up until then hadn’t even hinted that there were other heads than the ones we brought, opened a drawer with all the latest heads and had William try them. This left no doubt that if Jon didn’t believe that was the best head for me, he would have pulled one out and tried it. 

After my fitting and before William’s, he explained how the shafts were made and the features, advantages, and benefits of TPT. And then we went into the putting room. 

IMG_1738.jpeg.fbbb7c1c86eb75bef340f324329cb286.jpeg

I am thoroughly satisfied with my LAB DF2.1 with the Accra shaft. But he had a LINK1 with the TPT. 10 months ago, I tried the LINK with the standard shaft. Granted it was for 10 minutes, and the first LAB I had ever hit. This was an incredible putter. I sank the first three 18’ers on the flat level surface. He said, “You make this look too easy, let me turn this to the “Jon Rahm” setting. The green bent and flexed to where it was a double breaker rolling 15 stimp with 4.7° slope near the hole. I drained it dead center. He looked at me astonished until I admitted I was aiming at the center hole, and it went in the top hole. I never made that putt. But the shaft felt so good. 

This was an incredible opportunity, I feel I learned so much from Jon. He has over 200 pros captured on 3D video. He said there are only 3 common movements to all good golfers. 

1.      The hips have to move towards the lead side first. 

2.     The hips have to rotate as they shift.

3.    The trail foot moves towards the target through impact. 

Everything else is just matching up the face to path. He said what I needed to do was stack up on my left side, and stay there. I said, “Like Stack and Tilt?” He said “Stack and Tilt is great for teaching new golfers fast. In your case, any bad stuff it teaches you will not affect you adversely because you have decades of doing it a different way. “ 

At this point I would include information on how the shafts are made, but I’ve seen a multitude of posts in this thread already that have it. 

As I was typing this, I received a text from Matt at TPT saying they were assembling my shafts and asked if I wanted the standard grip or to have it sent without a grip. I said no grip, and he said “Done”. I expect the shafts to ship shortly. 

@RoverRick excellent and thorough review. I enjoyed reading about your fitting experience. Bonus was the overlap with @William P  Well done to the both of you. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

Not necessarily shaft related, but Jon Sinclair related. Both William and I were given some swing related areas to work on. Mine was to get my weight on my lead side and keep it there, even if I had to setup closed or open to the target line. I didn’t do this at Trinity Forest yesterday because with fairways running as fast as most greens and rough meaning a lost ball, I didn’t carry about the low carry numbers because it ran a long way. 60-70 yards. 

Today, on my course, I made some changes. Increased launch and carry and still had roll. I had 3 of 12 misfires, but no penalties, and probably 20 yard increase on the good ones. Since I was already getting 20+ yards with the bad swing and TPT shafts during the fitting, I’m very hopeful that the new shafts and swing combo will change my game drastically. 

On 3/12/2024 at 10:17 AM, Cfhandyman said:

@RoverRick excellent and thorough review. I enjoyed reading about your fitting experience. Bonus was the overlap with @William P  Well done to the both of you. 

The bonus overlap was entirely @William P’s doing. I had plans to rush home and join my regular Sunday group. Not knowing what to expect. Of course, I was in no condition to play more golf and texted Bill Monday morning asking him if he was sore and exhausted like me. 

Also, my limited time on Jon Sinclair’s putting green seems to have had some benefits also. Both Tuesday and today my putting has been great. The PutterView gives you a line on the green. Tuesday, we had the benefit of caddies, and they confirmed my read. So I’m seeing the line in my head like the PutterView. Maybe this is just a plug for going to see a professional to improve your game. But why do that when you can get free advice from other hacks on forums and YouTube. (The voice inside my head, sounding remarkably like Dr. Phil, just asked, “And how’s that working out for ya?”)🤣

On 3/12/2024 at 6:02 AM, William P said:

20 to 30%??? Paint is heavy!  Will the wear and tear on the shaft affect its performance or just appearance?

-XY
BALL:  Titleist ProV1, Kirkland Signature
WOODS: Taylormade Stealth2 +, Callaway Epic Flash 3-wood
3- and 4- HYBRID: Ping G30, stiff
IRONS: Ping i525, 6 - U-wedge, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
WEDGES: Ping 4.0 60 degree, Titleist 56 degree SM8
PUTTER: L.A.B Mezz Max, 69 degree, 37 inch LA Golf shaft, 1.5 degree press grip

4 minutes ago, GolferXY said:

20 to 30%??? Paint is heavy!  Will the wear and tear on the shaft affect its performance or just appearance?

Affect performance? Eventually, it could affect the performance, but it would take a lot of wear to cause that. Painted shafts have 2 coats of clear coat and then thicker coat of paint. These just have 2 coats of clear. 

I did have a VENTUS Blue that something fell on it and put a little scratch on it about 8-10” below the grip. A few weeks later, I hit a drive and in the follow through with my hands almost head hit it snapped into with a twang, and the head continued around and hit me in the back. It was like a paper towel core that unraveled in the middle and the two ends intact.  

I think his point was these are expensive shafts, and you want to protect them. He also said this is more of an issue with walkers vs riders. Walkers have the shafts more vertical. The head sticks out of the top of the bag and bounces with each step with all the weight on the end. This is an issue with any shaft. If it’s the stock shaft of a driver that you replace frequently, who cares. If it’s a high end shaft that you are likely to keep many many years and move from old head to new head , then you want to go the extra step to make it last as long as possible. 

I did not get the impression these were flimsier than other shafts, in fact stronger than other shafts, but also worth more effort to protect your investment.  

Great detail and love the fitting experience…excited to see how the shafts perform on the course for you all!

The detail you all got from the fitting is truly amazing!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

@RoverRick and @William P thank you both for the detailed information from your fittings, as well as the pictures so all can really see and understand the process used to ensure the shaft is really correct for your swing/game. 👍

Looking forward to reading and seeing how they have changed your games for the better.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

Headed to Dallas Tomorrow Night!

1. Excited and a bit nervous.  Hope that my recent driver swing comes with me.  Been hitting my driver very well this past week.  
  2. Curious.  Eager to meet Jon Sinclair not only to get fit for the TPT Golf shafts but also to learn more about the fitting process in general.

Hope your fitting experience is as good as the ones that have already done it!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

1. Excited and a bit nervous.  Hope that my recent driver swing comes with me.  Been hitting my driver very well this past week.  
  2. Curious.  Eager to meet Jon Sinclair not only to get fit for the TPT Golf shafts but also to learn more about the fitting process in general.

Safe travel @Hoyoymac. I plan on making the trip over to meet and visit a bit with you and @ZackS tomorrow.

ELIXR (2022)

11 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

I am super eager for the fitting and to meet Jon as well. I am nerdy about this stuff and he seems to be very high level on this. I am just going to try and have to hold back and not annoy him and let him do his thing, haha. I have been rewatching some of his videos again. This is probably the first ever Saturday night that I am wishing tomorrow was Monday! 

9 hours ago, William P said:

Safe travel @Hoyoymac. I plan on making the trip over to meet and visit a bit with you and @ZackS tomorrow.

I look forward to meeting you both. @William P want to make sure you know our fittings are Monday. I am have to work in the morning but going to try and sneak away early and see the last bit of @Hoyoymac fitting if I can. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Thanks for that reminder @ZackS. I should have remembered that... Like I said before - It sucks to get old...🤣

ELIXR (2022)

12 minutes ago, William P said:

Thanks for that reminder @ZackS. I should have remembered that... Like I said before - It sucks to get old...🤣

Would have hated for you drive there tomorrow for no reason. 

WITB:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

1 minute ago, ZackS said:

I appreciate that although it would have got me out of the house and associated chores for a couple of hours...😉 

I can hear SWMBO rewriting my to-do list now...🥴

ELIXR (2022)

9 minutes ago, ZackS said:

He would have enjoyed the sanctuary setting of the fitting site…. The SWMBO that runs,…. Errrrr, enhances his life, would probably enjoyed a brief respite from adult supervisory authority duty. 

9 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

Waiting at the Savannah, GA airport for my flight to Dallas.  Golf clubs are checked.

St. Patrick’s Day is a big celebration here with the 2nd biggest parade in the country I believe.

The fountain in front of the airport had it’s water dyed green.

IMG_0597.jpeg.1c6afbd818722fb69c91c9ecfe9c9b18.jpeg

Safe travels Jordy. Look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

ELIXR (2022)

@ZackS. @Hoyoymac @William P  I will be in Dallas tomorrow so will try to stop by and meet everyone. 

Okay, and I want to putt with the LINK1 with the TPT shaft again. I just sold some clubs and have been lusting in my heart after that putter. You guys distract him …….  perhaps not. 

Landed in Dallas.

Some light reading on the plane:

IMG_0598.jpeg.cc37eb4a6a8f8154fb6ddb587644dce8.jpeg

and a libation:

IMG_0599.jpeg.0ed48fadc79654a2cfca792fca7c483f.jpeg

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

13 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

Landed in Dallas.

and a libation:

The only way to fly...🙃

ELIXR (2022)

34 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

Landed in Dallas.

and a libation:

Don’t worry. Jon will sweat that alcohol out of you pretty early. 

Golf clubs retrieved, rental car secured, checked in to the hotel.

Going to hit the hay after I get settled in.

Staying about 2 miles from the Texas Star Golf Club where I’ll be headed in the morning for the fitting.

Sweet dreams of fairways found and distance gained!

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

Finally fitting day

image.gif.ba241763200731dba12fac4e2fb531f8.gif

WITB:

Good luck today @ZackS and @Hoyoymac! Looking forward to reading about your fittings!

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/