How are tour pros keeping spin down with more forgiving drivers?

I have noticed that many of the Taylormade guys like Morikawa, Scheffler, and Rory are using the Qi10 driver and not the Qi10 LS. I was wondering how they keep spin down, when it seems like they did not change shafts. When I demoed them my spin went up significantly with the Qi10 compared to the Qi10 LS.

Specifically for the Qi10 there are "dot" versions that only seem to be available to tour pros.

Driver : :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (45")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Utility: :Sub70:699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
Irons: :titleist-small:T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
Putter: :cobra-small:King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen:Quad Tour Taper grip
Bag: :cobra-small:Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
Push Cart: :BagBoy:Nitron, Black/Red
Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

4 minutes ago, GTgolfs said:

I have noticed that many of the Taylormade guys like Morikawa, Scheffler, and Rory are using the Qi10 driver and not the Qi10 LS. I was wondering how they keep spin down, when it seems like they did not change shafts. When I demoed them my spin went up significantly with the Qi10 compared to the Qi10 LS.

What makes you think they want spin down?

the tour average is close to 2700 rpm in spin. Some of the Ping staff use the max head which is very high spin designed head.

But if we look at the pros they are making contact around the sweet spot of the driver. As the ball goes up the face spin drops and launch goes up. If they keep the ball around 5mm towards the toe and 5mm above center they will the optimal spot on the driver. Keeping it around that is where most are.

also tm heads lately have a lower spin design compared to other manufacturers.

There are lots of titleist staff playing the ts2,tsi2 and tsr2 heads

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1