How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Had a really good day yesterday. Paired up with 2 ASU students and almost slayed the Par 3 Dragon by birding the first 3 leaving the easiest of the 4 for last. Good yardage, flat green and I just made a marginal swing missing the green short and right. 🙄  Chipped to a foot and taped in for par.

... With 6 birdies I ended up shooting a 69 that should have been better as I had 4 birdies on the front 9 with one bogie and then birdied 11 and just missed an eagle putt on 12 to go -5. Then gave both back with a bogie on 16, a 430yd par 4 when the wind picked up and right into us. Just missed a birdie putt on 17 a 576yd par 5 with the wind with me after hitting a really nice drive and nutted 5 wood about 25 yds short of the green, LW to 6 feet and proceeded to have a 280* lip out. With a back right pin on 18, I got greedy trying to give myself the best angle to avoid the water guarding the green and found the fairway bunker. High lip and I had to advance the ball sideways about 25 yds, hit a 9 iron to 10 feet and had another lip out. 

... I have been struggling the last few weeks so it was nice to play well and feel like I had complete control of my swing. This game is just such an adventure every single day. 

Congrats on a very nice round!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Played in a 3 man scramble this weekend on Saturday. The winning team's score was a 47. That is all.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym Ai Smoke ♦♦♦ 8° Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana PD 60g TX

Fairway Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST LS 5w Krank Formula FIRE 3+ 13°

Irons: :mizuno-small: Pro 245's

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Zipcore RTX 54°

Wedge: :callaway-logo-1: JAWS RAW Matte Black 58°

Putter: :odyssey-small: Ai-ONE Milled Seven T CH

Bag: :Ogio: Woode 15 Cart Bag

Ball: :callaway-logo-1: Chrome Tour

X Profile: TheSavvyGolfer (@SavvyGolfNC)

33 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

@Rearviewmirror it's amazing how a few minor mistakes can influence a round. It sounds like your game is in a good spot and I think you'll be in the 70's before long. 

I almost spit out my drink when I read this and I'm still laughing. I know the feeling all too well and sympathize. 

Thanks - hopefully so. The one big difference I made post-yeet was to step fully off the ball, retee in a different part of the tee box and totally re-align myself. Stuck the next one to 20ft and two putted for double. So it could be worse. 

I feel like it's a 5 steps forward, 4 steps back approach with the swing change, but I feel like things are getting there. Ironically the one additional thing I changed was the below. I was today years old when I learned how to address the ball with my irons...

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

3 hours ago, Jodrell said:

This was a few days ago, and as you’ll see if you watch, I did not play well! 😄

Apologies if this is considered SPAM, I’m just starting out on this channel, I’m not monetising it and I’m really just looking for feedback

I've started a new youTube channel all about my golf

This one isn't to tell anyone how to play, or to give advice, or review equipment, it's so that I can see what I'm doing when I play on the course (rather than just hitting balls on the range) and try to figure out where I'm going wrong.

This isn’t deliberately bad golf btw…this round just happens to be poor, and I’m actively trying to improve.

In episode one we have one of the worst round of golf I've played this year, although not actually the very worst, a chip off the side of a tee-box, an encounter with a pinecone, and at least one actually decent tee shot!

I'll do some other vids about me, my clubs and other gear, what I'm trying to achieve in terms of my game, and drills etc on the range, and hopefully how things improve!

I'd love it if you could have a watch and throw me a comment 🙂

Thoughts on this first one...I'd never really thought about where to place the camera in order to make the shot tracers work best, and to actually be able to see the shots fully. I really need to make sure my microphone is secured properly.

Thoughts on the golf...why the hell am I throwing myself at the ball like that, and why is it obvious now when it wasn't then? Doh!

Interestimg video.  I don't use shot tracer, but from what I've seen you need a clear line of sight from impact to the landing areas.

That draw on hole 5 was awesome 

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

9 hours ago, Gangles914 said:

Great afternoon. Got really tired on the back 9 and the wheels came off a bit. +2 on the front and then a double and triple on the back to come in with an 83. Right on my average.

Struggling to put a complete round together but showing some great things on the front 9. 

Welcome to the Forum and keep after it. 

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

On 8/22/2024 at 5:26 PM, alii1959 said:

Handicap....going the wrong way.  Changes getting in the way.  Mental game....not able the find the way.  Trees won't get out of the way.  This basically sums up the last two rounds.  79 both days, but working real hard to break 80 the wrong way.  

The 18th hole both days kinda sum up how things have been going this week.  Yesterday, someone had laid the flag stick over the hole when they left.  Even if I had hit the perfect shot....that would have been a big nope.  I did manage a par to shoot 79.  Today, I had to make a birdie on 18 to shoot 79.  Considering the fact that I had very few birdie looks, that were actually makable, the exercise seemed quite in doubt.  But, I hit it to two feet and TADA!  made the putt.

Why are these 79 so weird.  Well, yesterday I was playing interlocking and started to spray the ball a bit.  So, I went to 10-fingers to salvage the round.  Today, I played 10 fingers and couldn't hit the ball with any authority at all.  So, I went with interlocking on 18....well, you get the idea.  The arthritis and broken parts in my tiny hands seems to dictate what is possible each day.  I try on the range prior to a round to determine what will work....that never works either.  Every round this week I have heard the peel of laughter from the denizens of golf ether as I swat my 

Still swinging after all these years

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Had a really good day yesterday. Paired up with 2 ASU students and almost slayed the Par 3 Dragon by birding the first 3 leaving the easiest of the 4 for last. Good yardage, flat green and I just made a marginal swing missing the green short and right. 🙄  Chipped to a foot and taped in for par.

... With 6 birdies I ended up shooting a 69 that should have been better as I had 4 birdies on the front 9 with one bogie and then birdied 11 and just missed an eagle putt on 12 to go -5. Then gave both back with a bogie on 16, a 430yd par 4 when the wind picked up and right into us. Just missed a birdie putt on 17 a 576yd par 5 with the wind with me after hitting a really nice drive and nutted 5 wood about 25 yds short of the green, LW to 6 feet and proceeded to have a 280* lip out. With a back right pin on 18, I got greedy trying to give myself the best angle to avoid the water guarding the green and found the fairway bunker. High lip and I had to advance the ball sideways about 25 yds, hit a 9 iron to 10 feet and had another lip out. 

... I have been struggling the last few weeks so it was nice to play well and feel like I had complete control of my swing. This game is just such an adventure every single day. 

This reminds me of a round I had a couple weeks ago. I was playing a pretty difficult course for the first time. It's hosted a few PGA tournaments in the past. It's a private course, and my twin brother and I were invited by two former coaches of this big junior event that we had qualified for (one of them was a member). We were doing a two-man best ball, so my focus was on beating my brother. I was literally playing the round of my life. I was draining putt after putt after putt. I sunk a nice 40-footer on 14 to get to -6 for my day. Then I thought about how great I was doing and totally choked. I made a few bogies in a row to end up with a 69. The only consolation was that I still beat my brother. Anyway, I guess that's golf. 

WITB
Driver: Callaway Rogue ST D 
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue St D
Hybrid: Taylormade SIM2 Max
4-iron: Taylormade P790

5-PW: Taylormade P7MC

52*, 56*, and 60*: Titleist Vokey SM10 Nickel
Putter: Sacks Parente Custom Series 54 Mid-Sized White 1 Stripe - Center

This past weekend was probably the worst golf weekend that I have experienced in 3 years!!!!!

Nothing, but nothing would work. Shot a 103, 15 over my handicap!!!! It was so frustrating that on  a number of instances I seriously contemplated wrapping my irons in a bowtie around the nearest tree, and also do the Rory McIlroy (BMW Championship) trick with my driver.  I am sure that I would have played a better round using a baseball bat.

On the 10th I hit the longest travelling shot, probably 150yds up and 150yds down and only 80 yds long. The ball was hit so bad that the crown of the driver nearly cut the ball cover.  It was hit so high that it was classified as a meteorite and had scorch marks on the cover on re-entry into the atmosphere. 

On the 8th, I shanked my gap wedge and the ball landed in a hazard area.  I decided to play it as it lies with my trusty 45 year old Wilson SW.  I tested the ground behind the ball for rocks (there are granite rocks the size of footballs on the creek's banks).  No rocks behind or under the ball......hmmmmm, did my normal practice swing and low and behold hit a granite rock which was next to the ball, damaging my trusty wedge. 

My wife said she felt so sorry for me as she could see, and obviously hear (🤐), the frustration in me.  My frustration also rubbed off on our playing partners affecting their game.  The only person in the 4-ball that played well was my wife, since she eventually did everything that I taught her (made 37 pts). 

This week is only driving range week.....there is a shop where I can sell my clubs...😭😭

History.jpgScore 25 Aug.jpg

4th.jpg8th.jpg

11th.jpg18th.jpg

Edited by Johann Oosthuizen
  • Callaway Mavrik Driver 10.5* (280yd)
  • Callaway GBB 3 wood (256yd)
  • Ping G25 17* Hybrid  (230yd)
  • Callaway AI Smoke 4Hybrid (set at 22* & replacement for the 4 iron) (208yd)
  • Callaway Apex Pro 19 (5 to A) Irons
  • Wilson Staff Dynapower SW (1975)
  • Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedge 60 Mid 10
  • Odyssey DXF Rossie Putter
  • Srixon Q-Star balls
  • Garmin Approach S60

37 minutes ago, Johann Oosthuizen said:

This past weekend was probably the worst golf weekend that I have experienced in 3 years!!!!!

Nothing, but nothing would work. Shot a 103, 15 over my handicap!!!! It was so frustrating that on  a number of instances I seriously contemplated wrapping my irons in a bowtie around the nearest tree, and also do the Rory McIlroy (BMW Open) trick with my driver.  I am sure that I would have played a better round using a baseball bat.

On the 10th I hit the longest travelling shot, probably 150yds up and 150yds down and only 80 yds long. The ball was hit so bad that the crown of the driver nearly cut the ball cover.  It was hit so high that it was classified as a meteorite and had scorch marks on the cover on re-entry into the atmosphere. 

On the 8th, I shanked my gap wedge and the ball landed in a hazard area.  I decided to play it as it lies with my trusty 45 year old Wilson SW.  I tested the ground behind the ball for rocks (there are granite rocks the size of footballs on the creek's banks).  No rocks behind or under the ball......hmmmmm, did my normal practice swing and low and behold hit a granite rock which was next to the ball, damaging my trusty wedge. 

My wife said she felt so sorry for me as she could see, and obviously hear (🤐), the frustration in me.  My frustration also rubbed off on our playing partners affecting their game.  The only person in the 4-ball that played well was my wife, since she eventually did everything that I taught her (made 37 pts). 

This week is only driving range week.....there is a shop where I can sell my clubs...😭😭

It maybe just me but I like reading about the bad rounds more than the good. I think at the moment I can empathise more.

Thing can only get better.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

9 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Interestimg video.  I don't use shot tracer, but from what I've seen you need a clear line of sight from impact to the landing areas.

That draw on hole 5 was awesome 

Thanks...that was one of the few I actually hit well 🙂

You don't really need goo line of sight with the shot tracer. You can specify the line anywhere you like, even point by point if you want it really precise. If you want it totally automated then it's best to at least get the initial launch well in shot though

WitB (not sure how I ended up with a complete :taylormade-small: bag…it wasn’t deliberate 🙂
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Driver (HZRDUS Smoke Red shaft)
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2+ 5 Wood (with a 3-wood length HZRDUS Smoke Black shaft)
:taylormade-small: P790 (4-5) P770 (6-PW) irons
:taylormade-small: MG4 52º & 60º (C-Grind) Wedges
:taylormade-small: MG3 Black 56º Wedge
:taylormade-small: MySpider Tour putter in McLaren F1 Colours
:taylormade-small: TP5 Pix balls

2 hours ago, Alf. S said:

It maybe just me but I like reading about the bad rounds more than the good. I think at the moment I can empathise more.

Thing can only get better.

Yes, golf is not always good going.  At least I was able to recover on the 19th with the help of 2 brandy specials and also missed the Formula 1.  My wife had to drive home. 

I truly hope the golf it gets better soon as I hate losing against my wife, which has been 5 games in a row now.  Would really have nightmares if I sell my clubs.

• Callaway Mavrik Driver 10.5* (280yd)
  • Callaway GBB 3 wood (256yd)
  • Ping G25 17* Hybrid  (230yd)
  • Callaway AI Smoke 4Hybrid (set at 22* & replacement for the 4 iron) (208yd)
  • Callaway Apex Pro 19 (5 to A) Irons
  • Wilson Staff Dynapower SW (1975)
  • Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedge 60 Mid 10
  • Odyssey DXF Rossie Putter
  • Srixon Q-Star balls
  • Garmin Approach S60

10 minutes ago, Johann Oosthuizen said:

Yes, golf is not always good going.  At least I was able to recover on the 19th with the help of 2 brandy specials and also missed the Formula 1.  My wife had to drive home. 

I truly hope the golf it gets better soon as I hate losing against my wife, which has been 5 games in a row now.  Would really have nightmares if I sell my clubs.

I know what you mean I played a bucket list course last Thursday at Machrihanish and shot 93 of h/c of 8. Found it really tough and ended up in the local distillery ending with a few hafs of Springbank

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

4 hours ago, Johann Oosthuizen said:

Nothing, but nothing would work. Shot a 103, 15 over my handicap!!!! It was so frustrating that on  a number of instances I seriously contemplated wrapping my irons in a bowtie around the nearest tree, and also do the Rory McIlroy (BMW Open) trick with my driver.  I am sure that I would have played a better round using a baseball bat.

History.jpgScore 25 Aug.jpg

4th.jpg8th.jpg

11th.jpg18th.jpg

Man...tough round but I've been there.  But I see a few rounds in the 80s you've had in the past so all is not lost.  Try to put this round in the rearview, focus on the fundamentals and I'm sure you'll be shooting some great rounds again soon (and beating the wife)!

PXG Gen6 0311 driver 9 degree with Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g stiff shaft

Tour Edge Exotics C722 2 hybrid (17 degree)

Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 3 hybrid (20 degree)

Callaway Mavrik 5 hybrid (23 degree)

PXG 0311XP Gen3 irons 6-PW

Wedges: Edel 48 degree;  Cleveland RTX Fullface 52 degree; Cleveland Smartsole 58 degree

Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 putter

11 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Thanks - hopefully so. The one big difference I made post-yeet was to step fully off the ball, retee in a different part of the tee box and totally re-align myself. Stuck the next one to 20ft and two putted for double. So it could be worse. 

I feel like it's a 5 steps forward, 4 steps back approach with the swing change, but I feel like things are getting there. Ironically the one additional thing I changed was the below. I was today years old when I learned how to address the ball with my irons...

What she says about shaft flex is teue, but I believe the setup angle with your irons should take into account your swing path.  If you are perfectly on plane and hand position at impact returns to setup position then that would be correct.  When you swing can you feel the toe or heel hit the turf turning the club at impact?  I think you need to see what the wear on the sole of your club and face impact and ball flight tell you about the lie angle at impact.  Then adjust as needed.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

5 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

What she says about shaft flex is teue, but I believe the setup angle with your irons should take into account your swing path.  If you are perfectly on plane and hand position at impact returns to setup position then that would be correct.  When you swing can you feel the toe or heel hit the turf turning the club at impact?  I think you need to see what the wear on the sole of your club and face impact and ball flight tell you about the lie angle at impact.  Then adjust as needed.  

Weak toe-y fades are definitely my miss, and I felt like my lateral dispersion was markedly better letting the club sit more naturally (toe a hair up) at address. I'm playing again on Thursday and will see how it goes, but the approach shot quality bump was noticeable (top was this round, bottom a couple of rounds ago)

Screenshot2024-08-27at07_54_17.png.f41631e1e1220642985f07a236c9b62d.pngScreenshot2024-08-27at07_54_52.png.fb08115a7223f197c625b261ef8ade7a.png

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

12 hours ago, SavvyGolfGuy said:

Played in a 3 man scramble this weekend on Saturday. The winning team's score was a 47. That is all.

I haven’t played in a scramble in nearly 8 years at this point. Playing in one in January on the Ocean Course out at Kiawah. I can only imagine the incredible scores we’ll see posted out there 😂

Taylormade Stealth 9 Degree Fujikura Ventus Red 5-S

Titleist TS2 15 Degree Project X Hzrdus Smoke 70g

Titleist TSr1 18 Degree Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75g

Mizuno MP-32 True Temper S400

Titleist Vokey SM8 56, 60 Degree

Ping Anser 2 2024 Release

On 8/22/2024 at 9:15 PM, Indy_Oz said:

Fun 9-hole 4-man scramble tonight, to end our local midweek league season. Didn't win the scramble, but as a team we shot -5 for 9 holes. Not bad considering we bogeyed our first hole (par 4). Ha ha. Scramble was assigned teams, all based on handicap - spread of low, medium and higher handicap in each team.

This was my first season playing in this league and my partner and I finished 3rd out of 24 teams. Pretty happy with that! Had a chance of catching the leaders last week, but the night was rained off.

Ignoring the first (warm up) hole where I chunked a 3W off the tee and pulled a 50* over the fence (feeling very stiff but poor shots nonetheless), I had a really good round in terms of ball striking and putting.

One solo birdie and one solo eagle! Latter was a shorter Par 5. Flag tucked into a sloping front corner. Driver just under 300yds on the fairway, 7-iron 186. 180 was to get on the front of the green and another 6 yards to leave an 8ft putt. That was our final hole (shotgun start), so hell of a way to end!

image.png.eecdfb2359ae66635c020fdce33bdb4e.png

Aside from the first hole we played, I hit my irons and wedges exactly how I planned each shot, so I'm very happy about that. Driver behaved itself very well today. Just in the first cut rough on two holes (273yds & 288yds) and two on the short stuff (276yds & 296yds). All bar the 296 were gentle fades and the longest was a straight bomb into a light breeze. As the 'low' handicap in the group, it was satisfying to show up and contribute to the team!

Putter was again solid. Lagged every putt I missed to within a foot or two of the hole, a couple to inches. Came very close to holing a second eagle (20ft, left pin in and of course hit it, which resulted in the ball rolling round the lip and popping out 90 degrees right- gutted!). Fortunately we had a good spread of strengths- two of the guys had great short game and putting that gave us our other birdies saved pars.

A fun evening that ended with a BBQ dinner and awards/prize giving. Great group of people and I've made a few new friends and golfing buddies through the summer.

Swing well everyone!

Solo eagle, BOOM! Congrats

I had a nice eagle chance yesterday, but couldn't make the putt. I think my last eagle was early last year. But I did get the birdie. 

And I played in a super fun charity tournament on Saturday with some great guys I don't see often. We did get one team eagle there with my long 30 foot putt! On our second to last hole. That was sweet. I also had a 3 wood into the wind on a very scenic #9 that landed softly with maybe a 15 foot putt. One of our guys said "that was some PGA s*** right there" haha. We should have made the putt, though it was a tricky slider, and we couldn't convert the eagle. But that was my shot of the year for sure. 

My watch had died when we got the eagle, so this is from my buddies VoiceCaddie. Drive from one guy, 6 iron from another guy to the back of the green, and long steep downhill putt from me 🙂  We all went nuts when that went in.

IMG_7291_crop.jpg.9b9cc5e3338e02a08a792a0ff485c516.jpg

Here's the nice 3 wood I had on #9 into the wind to within 15 feet.

IMG_1104_25.jpg.e889aee63ef1f6be84540dff5cd2138e.jpg

IMG_1116_scale40.jpg.a36f02f51baebc285d4cb36e48b9b20e.jpg

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G400 LST 8.5°

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

The new early drop off for elementary school is working to my advantage.  Apparently no one plays the Par 3 or the Exec before 8AM.  🤷‍♂️.... except for me.  

I've already been a fan of par 3s because of how much golf you can squeeze into a short period of time and this is making that opinion even stronger.  40ish minutes for 9 holes today and it didn't feel rushed.  Finished even par.  Highlights, chipping in for birdie.  Lowlights being 12' birdie putt away from finishing two under, then three putting to finish even.  Only real mistake I made all day was to focus on that birdie rather than securing the under par round.  

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Ventus Velocore+ Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&3 -- Tensei CK Orange

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 56/10º@55º  58º/10  C-Taper Lite 110

Putter

Test.png Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

8 minutes ago, Syks7 said:

The new early drop off for elementary school is working to my advantage.  Apparently no one plays the Par 3 or the Exec before 8AM.  🤷‍♂️.... except for me.  

I've already been a fan of par 3s because of how much golf you can squeeze into a short period of time and this is making that opinion even stronger.  40ish minutes for 9 holes today and it didn't feel rushed.  Finished even par.  Highlights, chipping in for birdie.  Lowlights being 12' birdie putt away from finishing two under, then three putting to finish even.  Only real mistake I made all day was to focus on that birdie rather than securing the under par round.  

What golf course? I live near L.A. too

WITB

Shot a +7-78

back to the Hanson Hybrid grip, and making some shots- and best of all, thumbs don’t hurt!

old arthritic guys get this, youngsters, probably not so much…

started off duck hooking drives this morning but was scrambling well- the driver straightened out and had a nice stretch at -2, then I did a few stupid things and finished with a couple of bogies-

all in all, twas a good day, annnnd, one up on my buddy for the week

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

50 minutes ago, TheBirdieMasterLOL said:

What golf course? I live near L.A. too

Its the Van Nuys course.  Conditioning leaves something to be desired out in the fairways (especially this time of year) but the greens are in decent shape considering I seem to be  the only person on the course that fixes my (and at least 4 other) pitch marks.  It's also cheap, low key and isn't packed to the gills like the full size munis.  Its the only place in the city that I can play for a reasonable amount without either getting up super early for back 9 play or committing a whole day to 18 holes.  

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Ventus Velocore+ Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&3 -- Tensei CK Orange

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 56/10º@55º  58º/10  C-Taper Lite 110

Putter

Test.png Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

Today turned into one of those days.  I was trying a new grip, kind of a 10 finger/interlocking mashup.  My advice.....don't do it.  Started out par, double, bogey, double, bogey, bogey...then 5 more bogeys on the back.  One birdie on 10 and we shoot a smooth +11.  Haven't had one of those rounds in a while.  Nothing worked.  Putting 3 3-putts.  Only hit 7 fairways and 2 greens....miserable, both me and my golf game.  I was afraid they were gonna come with a golf cart and usher me off the course for embarrassing the grass.  Maybe tomorrow..... 

Cobra LTDx one-length 6-SW

Cobra Aerojet 2,3,4,5 Hybrids--85g stiff shafts

Cobra F8 10.5* Driver 

Cleveland CBX 58* Wedge

Ping Anser2 G2 putter

Dedicated Walker

Shot +5 at Bixby Village's par 30 course. Didn't feel like I had a great day though which is odd. My two drives were very solid. My irons were pretty whatever. The SM10s were good, but still adjusting to them left me with some pitches I'd take back. Putting was so-so.1 double-bogey on the first, and 4 bogeys somewhere after. Just felt like a lot was left on the course.

The only positive is, I got my first birdie ever on the 2nd hole!!! Hit a low stinger 8i over the water and onto the green. Pulled the flag, lined up, and sunk a nice 15 footer right-to-left. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

Got lucky today. 2nd outing with the new vice irons and back on form and putting much better after loosing the broomstick.

Get my distances dialed in I'll be good and chasing an even par again

Screenshot_20240827_160016_GolfPad.png.972266531d110c3fc86683984e4efdda.png

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

My round today was boring on the front...2 birdies , 1 bogie , 1 under. The back nine tho , was firey. Bogied 10. Pared 11....then the lid came off the birdie jar. Birdies 12 from 6ft. 2 putted 13 par5 for birdie. Made a 15 ft on 14 for birdie. Hit it a foot on 15 and made birdie. Hit it 3 feet on 16 made birdie. Made a 20 footer on 17 for birdie. 18s a par5. Hit it 5 foot and made birdie. 7 in a row to close. The guy I played with today made6 birdies in his round. The other 2 in our group basically just watched the fireworks. Fun day!!!!

Callaway Epic Speed 9*

Callaway Rouge ST Pro

Oddessy Rossie OG

41 minutes ago, RedTop said:

My round today was boring on the front...2 birdies , 1 bogie , 1 under. The back nine tho , was firey. Bogied 10. Pared 11....then the lid came off the birdie jar. Birdies 12 from 6ft. 2 putted 13 par5 for birdie. Made a 15 ft on 14 for birdie. Hit it a foot on 15 and made birdie. Hit it 3 feet on 16 made birdie. Made a 20 footer on 17 for birdie. 18s a par5. Hit it 5 foot and made birdie. 7 in a row to close. The guy I played with today made6 birdies in his round. The other 2 in our group basically just watched the fireworks. Fun day!!!!

You shot -7 and you're an 8 handicap??? How did that happen?

WITB

Played our next to last round for our old farts Tue AM league.  Got lucky today. Thunderstorms roled thru at 6:30AM and finished at 8:30 so we were able to start at 8:45. Out of 12 rounds in a our league schedule, 5 have been rained out so far. Shot decent considering the wet conditions and the 75* dewpoint. Balls just seemed to fall out of the sky and no rollout due to grass longer than normal. Gained enough points so our team went from 8th place to 5th. Not much bragging rights but we've had some fun for sure.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

1 hour ago, RedTop said:

I think i played you in our league every other week this year and was giving 8 or 9 shots too!  😀

Great round!  I am guessing thats a career best?

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, TheBirdieMasterLOL said:

You shot -7 and you're an 8 handicap??? How did that happen?

Full disclosure , that 8 prolly isn't real accurate. In the MGA I play in at my home course , I'm much lower. I'm scratch from tips at my home track. Every where else , probably a 3 or so. That 8 , might be a traveling hcp. And yes , I know it's terrible. After 40 years of the BBQ tour in texas you have home and away hcp's. 

Callaway Epic Speed 9*

Callaway Rouge ST Pro

Oddessy Rossie OG