How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

2 hours ago, Medfloat said:

Play a Metroparks course named Seneca Golf - Baldwin (3450yds, 37.4/128) shot 40, and Furnace Run (3270yds 36.1/126) shot 39 today.  Furnace Run played closer to 3350 today.  Tee time was 7:30 with just enough light to make out the fairway features.  Played well, drove it ok, pitches and chips were spot on but putting was a bit off.  18 putts on first 9, 15 on second 9.  Very happy with the par 5s having finished -3 on them.  Course was in very good shape and the greens rolled true.  Still having issues reading them for break.  That will be my winter project whilst honing the swing.  Now a quick nap then lunch.  Until next time, hit em straight and one-putt all day long!

IMG_8046.png

IMG_8045.png

IMG_8044.jpeg

IMG_8043.jpeg

I'll be making Metro Parks my home next year with a membership. I'll most likely play Seneca, Sleepy, Ironwood and Shawnee as my regular rotation. Manakiki will be played a couple of times as well.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

I’m currently a 9 cap and have yet to break 80. Yesterday I had a pretty bad from 9 with 3 lost balls for a 43 but came out swinging on the back 9 for a nice +2 38. including a very nice birdie on 17 to shoot my 6th 81 of the year. I just can’t put a whole round together to get in the 70’s and it’s starting to get frustrating but I can feel myself getting better so it’s just a matter of time. 

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Tyler Pisiak said:

I’m currently a 9 cap and have yet to break 80. Yesterday I had a pretty bad from 9 with 3 lost balls for a 43 but came out swinging on the back 9 for a nice +2 38. including a very nice birdie on 17 to shoot my 6th 81 of the year. I just can’t put a whole round together to get in the 70’s and it’s starting to get frustrating but I can feel myself getting better so it’s just a matter of time. 

As someone in the EXACT space you were last year, where I shot 80, 81 or 82 about 8 rounds in a row, just trust that it IS coming, and will probably make you laugh when it does, as my 78 happened when I was playing with a buddy who hadn't played since he was 12 (he's nearly 50 now), and I spent most of my time trying to help him not hate every minute of the round.  We were also playing on recently-cored greens (about a week old, so the repair had started, but all the break was taken out of the putts), and I made 5 birdies (three of which were from 25+ feet away, which is NOT my usual).  I wasn't honestly aware of where I was in the round until 18, after I'd hit a great drive to finish, I realized all I had to do was not double-bogey and I could get there. 

The next week, with all pressure off, I shot a 75 (still my low score to-date).  Since then (that was last October), I've done it three other times (broken 80), while most of my other rounds have settled around the low-80s.  There is FOR SURE a mental barrier that your brain just has to get comfortable with (we've all heard it said on TV coverage, "he's not afraid to go low," which I never understood until I couldn't break 80), and once it's in a good spot, it'll happen. 

Good luck and keep us posted!

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

48 minutes ago, DougJ said:

Agreed

Wolfe Creek is awesome

play in the morning to enjoy the golf, play in the afternoon to enjoy the view, very windy and HOT in afternoon (at least that is my excuse for not keeping score)

IMG_7512.jpeg

About how well did I play?

the course is fantastic and the views are better.

bring lots of water, and get ready for a few uphill climbs to the tees

Hit it hard and hope to find it!!

Honestly just a really flat out frustrating day out today. I have been recovering from feeling under the weather, and I was really excited to get out for 18 today. 

Started out the round very well - the first two holes are handicaps 3 and 1, and I play the first as a par 5 to avoid blowing up the card and I was one over through two. Chunked a 9W tee shot on a par three and then missed the green with a short approach, and ended up with a double bogey. Then three putted the next hole for double from 13 feet on a very sloped green. Managed to rally and shot 43 on the front nine.

Proceeded to hit 10 in regulation, then 4 putt from 45 feet (I literally duffed my first putt 8 feet), bogeyed the next, sent my approach shot over the green duffed a chip, and ended up doubling. Got things back on track with a par, and then - hold onto your seats ladies and gentlemen - managed to take a 9 on a par 3 (goodbye Mr Scorecard, nice knowing you). 

Topped my tee shot, hit my approach just a hair short of a false front, watched it roll all the way back down into a valley, toed my pitch from a sidehill lie, took two to get out of a wet bunker (before airmailing the green), went under my next chip from the rough, chipped on, and missed a 25ft putt by a hair. You've got to laugh...

Hit a good drive next hole which took a big kick and ended up in the woods. I thought the ball was lost, but then the stranger I was paired with yelled "found it!" and as I looked up saw that he was walking towards me holding my ball in the air. I politely asked if he could put it back where he found it, and he proceeded to yard it into the brambles (not kidding). Managed a pretty great recovery hack back on the fairway, got on the green then proceeded to three putt from 30ft (goodbye golf brain).

Managed to rally somewhat with a bogey, birdie, bogey finish including hitting the flagstick with a chip for eagle.

I honestly don't mind that I didn't score well, I'm mainly just frustrated as I've been putting a lot of work into my swing adjustments, and today I felt like I was swinging a snake at times. Granted the course was very wet, and the front nine was honestly not bad, but what makes me sad is I just really didn't enjoy the day out. Maybe this two week off golf period is coming at the perfect time.

Golf. It is indeed hard.

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

I think I'm  just a morning golfer. I played Friday afternoon and as my afternoon rounds go. I just played ok. Typical for an afternoon round goes. Dryer fairways equal longer drives, slower greens in the afternoon equal more misses putts and its hotter. Nothing exciting as I was really out to test balls. I came in at 73. Mostly pars one bird and two bogies.

Today my morning round started off slow with the front 9 one bird and 1 bogey for even par then I got in a groove on the back 9. Started out with four pars then a bogey (a stupid one too) followed by 4 birdies. That  put me at three under for a 69. You tend to get excited with back to back birdies but four in a row was way better. 🤣 I was just sad I ran out of holes.

I just seem to play better in the mornings. It's always been that way. I think because the course is fresh ( just mowed, rolled, love seeing my tracks in the morning due). Always wondering what groups behind me think as they see my tracks up the center of the fairways. Plus I think I'm fresher in the morning as well.

The superintendent came by a few times and commented. I see you are playing boring golf again. That always makes me chuckle. At the same time I'm glad he notices. 

Edited by Tom the Golf Nut

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, MattF said:

I'll be making Metro Parks my home next year with a membership. I'll most likely play Seneca, Sleepy, Ironwood and Shawnee as my regular rotation. Manakiki will be played a couple of times as well.

Great choice, the Metroparks does a good job with their courses.  You still have Big Met, Litlle Met, and Washington learning center to add to that list.  Washington is a good par -3 course with multiple practice greens, practice bunkers, grass tees, heated bays with turf, and First Tee for kids.  My daughter played at First Tee and had a blast.  It is a great program.  Enjoy your membership!

Driver - Ping G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - Ping G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - Ping G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - TM M3 steel fiber  i110

Ping Glide 3.0 - 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

1 hour ago, Tyler Pisiak said:

I think Winston Churchill put it best when he told the British people "Never give up, never give up" so I say to you quoting him "Never give up, never give up"

Edited by Medfloat

Driver - Ping G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - Ping G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - Ping G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - TM M3 steel fiber  i110

Ping Glide 3.0 - 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

The club championship has ended....probably ended for me yesterday.  I have been really struggling over the past few weeks.  A good round sprinkled in amongst the bad.  

The course was set up really difficult.  They have let the rough grow for the past few weeks.  A ball just off the fairway settles down resulting in a flier or a chunk.  The greens are nearly ANGC fast.  When you walk up to the ball...don't look at it or it will start to roll!  Honestly, I have been at that club for 3 years and have never seen them this fast.  From a distance I saw many of the guys I know are much better than me 3 putting constantly.  So, you get the picture.  It was my first round in real competition in 20+ years.

Yesterday, I slapped it around for an 88.  Multiple 3-putts and doubles.  Couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.  Today, I was 9 over in 6 holes.  I was losing my mind.  Then I made a decision to change my grip mid round.  I went from 10-fingers to interlocking.  Something clicked.  I was out driving everyone, with my 2 wood (13*) and getting onto or close to the greens.  Unfortunately, that didn't change the speed of the greens one iota.  Finished with a 91.  Saw lots of folks well over 100.  It was tough.

However, my grip change put me back in play on nearly every hole.  For the first time in more than a month I felt like there was light at the end of the tunnel.  Maybe, just maybe I may be coming out of my slump.  

While I was not really competitive, the experience taught me a lot about my golf swing.  The ten-fingered grip does not hold up well to tournament conditions.  Interlocking seems to motor along just fine.  I know where the ball is going, more or less.  This is a real breakthrough.  I used to use interlocking exclusively a long time ago, but between arthritis, broken parts in my hands, and little time to practice I had gone away from it.  Even though the score didn't reflect my new found confidence, I am excited to hit the course on Tuesday!

Edited by alii1959

Cobra LTDx one-length 6-SW

Cobra Aerojet 2,3,4,5 Hybrids--85g stiff shafts

Cobra F8 10.5* Driver 

Cleveland CBX 58* Wedge

Ping Anser2 G2 putter

Dedicated Walker

I don't normally play in rainy conditions but it started drizzling on hole one and it kept raining for about an hour.  I am pretty happy with how I have been playing lately.  Even though I shot an 85 on Friday at Royal New Kent, i generally hit the ball fairly well.    Today was pretty solid for the entire round including putting....no 5 putts like I did on Friday 🤣

Up and downs continue to be an issue;  only got up and down 2 out of 6 times.   

Greens were aerated recently but they healed pretty well and for the most part rolled well.  Even though my strokes gained shows I lost 2.45 strokes to a scratch golfer, I didn't think I putted poorly.  

9/14 FW, 12/18 GIR, 32 putts  38/36:74

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, DougJ said:

About how well did I play?

the course is fantastic and the views are better.

bring lots of water, and get ready for a few uphill climbs to the tees

Real answer: I didn’t keep score.

hit some good, some bad. End of the round, I was -1 (that means I lost one more ball than I found!!)

🤣

playing near Sac, CA on Wed.

look for updates 

Hit it hard and hope to find it!!