How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

36 minutes ago, cnosil said:

@GolfSpy SAM, I’ll just say 33” or 34” at 72* 😂

I am thinking this is a response you may get from @GolfSpy SAM  🤔

Less than full retail, IF they have the model and specs. that you want or need.

LAB.jpeg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

36 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

I am thinking this is a response you may get from @GolfSpy SAM  🤔

Less than full retail, IF they have the model and specs. that you want or need.

LAB.jpeg

They don’t.  I looked. 😁  Maybe @GolfSpy_APH will see my interest in LAB and I can be selected to test the new model in 2025 😂

Edited by cnosil

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Auditions ongoing 🤣

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Maybe get a putter fitting at club champion or something?

Edited by TheBirdieMasterLOL

WITB
Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST D w/Newton Golf Shaft

3 Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue St D

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max

4-iron: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY

5-PW: :taylormade-small: P7MC

52*, 56*, and 60*: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 Nickel w/Custom USA 🇺🇸 Paint Fills

Putter: Sacks Parente Custom Series 54 Mid-Sized White 1 Stripe - Center

Ball: :titleist-small: ProV1

Glove: :bridgestone-small:Soft Grip Hybrid Leather

Official Tester for Perfect Hands Golf-https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/67045-testers-announced-perfect-hands-golf/?do=getNewComment

With my work schedule being the last 2 weeks every Tuesday-Wednesday I've been able to sneak out to the course and get some practice in.... Really trying to get more consistent between rounds and not change anything for a while.

I have somehow been stuck behind slow groups or even just 4 person groups that don't offer to play through every time I hit the course now. With me mostly playing alone or as a 2 man recently, I catch alot of groups but here lately its been a different kind of people.

ANYWAY on to the results! Being I was Teeing off behind a 4 person and only playing 9 holes I decided to play 2 balls(same brand/model), that I would keep scores for them both. So whatever ball I got to first being furthest from the pin got hit first, except with putting I would finish the ball out. I alternated the ball I would use first off the Tee every hole just so there was no advantage there. I tried to play to the best of my ability with both balls and not go for any hero shots or anything crazy to skew the scores. **Does this seem fair for an honest score playing 2 balls??** If someone has a better method please let me know!

"Ball A"

This was the better score by far even with the alternating of shots. It was not always the farthest nor was it always in the best playable spot it just always worked out better score wise.

Total: 40/+4 - This is my personal best 9 hole score now!

Fairways: 3/43% - I ended up just off or in a fairway bunker so nothing that was not playable. Overall Average is 2.8/5.6/40%

GIR: 6/67% - HUGE improvement here. Overall Average 1.8/3.6/20%

Putts: 18 - Average day here, I gave up some good birdie chances. Overall Average is 17.8/35.6

Sand: 2 - Don't really have an average for as I just started to track it this. 1st shot was #1 green side bunker to within 10ft & the other was Hole #2 fairway bunker where I missed off the Tee right.

Penalties: 0! - All balls well within play off the Tee and this is my biggest issue. Average Penalty are 1.93/3.86

CYPRESSCREEKSTATS_A.jpg.c72a305403b6a44e5500f05c9b1f9c0b.jpg CYPRESSCREEKSTATS2_A.jpg.fac8232af6a1d93077d226147527db12.jpg

"Ball B"

Overall Ball B was much more playable off the Tee and had a 1 way miss which I really enjoyed seeing but unsure if I like the left miss. Some mistakes on my end... Getting greedy trying to hammer shorter putts in(not my normal) & overall mistakes with short shots under 70 yards

Total: 49/+36 - This is nothing out of the ordinary and I was not upset with it just realized where I made the mistakes.

Fairways: 5/71% - Miss here was left which was me trying to dial in the approach to the ball and distance away from the ball. Overall Average is 2.8/5.6/40%

GIR: 3/33% - Would say this has been fairly consistent. Overall Average 1.8/3.6/20%

Putts: 21 - Costly choices either rushing a shot not in tap in range or trying to hammer it home and missing leaving a long putt back. Overall Average is 17.8/35.6

Sand: 3 - Don't really have an average for as I just started to track it this but 2 shots were Hole #3 to get out of a green side bunker against the lip to land within 10ft.  & Hole #8 waste area where I missed off the Tee left.

Penalties: 1 - All balls well within play off the Tee and this is my biggest issue. I thinned my 2nd shot on hole 9 into the water but took the drop where I was, played it within 6ft, just tough pin placement for the putt. Average Penalty are 1.93/3.86

CYPRESSCREEKSTATS.jpg.93c2d0c58df9fb36dbe6bde0f993ba7a.jpg CYPRESSCREEKSTATS2.jpg.4628d91468e60ee3befd6327021f49af.jpg

DRIVER  CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 55-R 10.5*

HYBRID CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Big Bertha 19 w/ UST Recoil DART 75-S 20*

IRONS MALTBY.jpg.db763764d25fcfd7c75f92dc47028a09.jpg TS3 Forged 4i-GW w/ True Temper Score LT 100-R

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115-W 52-10*/58-10*/58-6*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg HB SOFT 8 w/ Center Shaft 3*

Check out my Tests...

36 minutes ago, TheBirdieMasterLOL said:

Maybe get a putter fitting at club champion or something?

I’m assuming you are referring to me since I have been posting about putters.  I have done multiple fittings and know what the needs of my stroke are based on working with a putting instructor.   But I like putters and trying new and different putters; so even if I got fit I would still be tempted to try something else.

Edited by cnosil

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Auditions ongoing 🤣

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

26 minutes ago, JAYER38 said:

With my work schedule being the last 2 weeks every Tuesday-Wednesday I've been able to sneak out to the course and get some practice in.... Really trying to get more consistent between rounds and not change anything for a while.

I have somehow been stuck behind slow groups or even just 4 person groups that don't offer to play through every time I hit the course now. With me mostly playing alone or as a 2 man recently, I catch alot of groups but here lately its been a different kind of people.

ANYWAY on to the results! Being I was Teeing off behind a 4 person and only playing 9 holes I decided to play 2 balls(same brand/model), that I would keep scores for them both. So whatever ball I got to first being furthest from the pin got hit first, except with putting I would finish the ball out. I alternated the ball I would use first off the Tee every hole just so there was no advantage there. I tried to play to the best of my ability with both balls and not go for any hero shots or anything crazy to skew the scores. **Does this seem fair for an honest score playing 2 balls??** If someone has a better method please let me know!

"Ball A"

This was the better score by far even with the alternating of shots. It was not always the farthest nor was it always in the best playable spot it just always worked out better score wise.

Total: 40/+4 - This is my personal best 9 hole score now!

Fairways: 3/43% - I ended up just off or in a fairway bunker so nothing that was not playable. Overall Average is 2.8/5.6/40%

GIR: 6/67% - HUGE improvement here. Overall Average 1.8/3.6/20%

Putts: 18 - Average day here, I gave up some good birdie chances. Overall Average is 17.8/35.6

Sand: 2 - Don't really have an average for as I just started to track it this. 1st shot was #1 green side bunker to within 10ft & the other was Hole #2 fairway bunker where I missed off the Tee right.

Penalties: 0! - All balls well within play off the Tee and this is my biggest issue. Average Penalty are 1.93/3.86

CYPRESSCREEKSTATS_A.jpg.c72a305403b6a44e5500f05c9b1f9c0b.jpg CYPRESSCREEKSTATS2_A.jpg.fac8232af6a1d93077d226147527db12.jpg

"Ball B"

Overall Ball B was much more playable off the Tee and had a 1 way miss which I really enjoyed seeing but unsure if I like the left miss. Some mistakes on my end... Getting greedy trying to hammer shorter putts in(not my normal) & overall mistakes with short shots under 70 yards

Total: 49/+36 - This is nothing out of the ordinary and I was not upset with it just realized where I made the mistakes.

Fairways: 5/71% - Miss here was left which was me trying to dial in the approach to the ball and distance away from the ball. Overall Average is 2.8/5.6/40%

GIR: 3/33% - Would say this has been fairly consistent. Overall Average 1.8/3.6/20%

Putts: 21 - Costly choices either rushing a shot not in tap in range or trying to hammer it home and missing leaving a long putt back. Overall Average is 17.8/35.6

Sand: 3 - Don't really have an average for as I just started to track it this but 2 shots were Hole #3 to get out of a green side bunker against the lip to land within 10ft.  & Hole #8 waste area where I missed off the Tee left.

Penalties: 1 - All balls well within play off the Tee and this is my biggest issue. I thinned my 2nd shot on hole 9 into the water but took the drop where I was, played it within 6ft, just tough pin placement for the putt. Average Penalty are 1.93/3.86

CYPRESSCREEKSTATS.jpg.93c2d0c58df9fb36dbe6bde0f993ba7a.jpg CYPRESSCREEKSTATS2.jpg.4628d91468e60ee3befd6327021f49af.jpg

Congrats on the 40 burger! 9 holes with 18 putts is never a bad day in my opinion. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: Burner 15°, :taylormade-small: M2 18°

4i-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 925 Hot Metal HL - KBS Tour - Iomic Sticky 2.3

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

Forum Member Reviews:

22 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I’m assuming you are referring to me since I have been posting about putters.  I have done multiple fittings and know what the needs of my stroke are based on working with a putting instructor.   But I like putters and trying new and different putters; so even if I got fit I would still be tempted to try something else.

Got it.

WITB
Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST D w/Newton Golf Shaft

3 Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue St D

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max

4-iron: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY

5-PW: :taylormade-small: P7MC

52*, 56*, and 60*: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 Nickel w/Custom USA 🇺🇸 Paint Fills

Putter: Sacks Parente Custom Series 54 Mid-Sized White 1 Stripe - Center

Ball: :titleist-small: ProV1

Glove: :bridgestone-small:Soft Grip Hybrid Leather

Official Tester for Perfect Hands Golf-https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/67045-testers-announced-perfect-hands-golf/?do=getNewComment

Sunshine, blue skies, and 70 degrees on October 22 in Michigan is a rare treat and a good day for golf.

Steady wind of about 15MPH from the south-southwest with gusts of 25 - 30MPH made club selection and GIAR tricky at times.

Played well except for a couple shots, back to back with the same club on hole 13. Operator error more than anything, topped the first hybrid from the fairway about 60 yards, then hooked the second one left and chipped on a 2 putted for a bogey that should not have happened if I stuck to my goal of playing 'safe" golf.

Hit 9 of 14 fairways, those missed were not far off, more due to doglegs and through fairways. Only 4 of 18 official GIR's due to leaving myself in places where trouble was out of play. Short game was good, as I only had 27 putts total, with many 1 putt greens.

Longest drive was 250 yards, also on hole 13, and only used driver on 5 holes total.
All the pictures of some of the fall colors are here, duplicates are in the Virtual Tour & Good Morning threads.

IMG_7958.jpg

IMG_7967.jpg

IMG_7969.jpg

IMG_7970.jpg

IMG_7973.jpg

IMG_7974.jpg

IMG_7977.jpg

IMG_7980.jpg

IMG_7986.jpg

IMG_7990.jpg

IMG_7993.jpg

IMG_7994.jpg

IMG_7996.jpg

IMG_7997.jpg

IMG_7998.jpg

IMG_8001.jpg

IMG_8002.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

22 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Sunshine, blue skies, and 70 degrees on October 22 in Michigan is a rare treat and a good day for golf.

Steady wind of about 15MPH from the south-southwest with gusts of 25 - 30MPH made club selection and GIAR tricky at times.

Played well except for a couple shots, back to back with the same club on hole 13. Operator error more than anything, topped the first hybrid from the fairway about 60 yards, then hooked the second one left and chipped on a 2 putted for a bogey that should not have happened if I stuck to my goal of playing 'safe" golf.

Hit 9 of 14 fairways, those missed were not far off, more due to doglegs and through fairways. Only 4 of 18 official GIR's due to leaving myself in places where trouble was out of play. Short game was good, as I only had 27 putts total, with many 1 putt greens.

Longest drive was 250 yards, also on hole 13, and only used driver on 5 holes total.
All the pictures of some of the fall colors are here, duplicates are in the Virtual Tour & Good Morning threads.

IMG_7958.jpg

IMG_7967.jpg

IMG_7969.jpg

IMG_7970.jpg

IMG_7973.jpg

IMG_7974.jpg

IMG_7977.jpg

IMG_7980.jpg

IMG_7986.jpg

IMG_7990.jpg

IMG_7993.jpg

IMG_7994.jpg

IMG_7996.jpg

IMG_7997.jpg

IMG_7998.jpg

IMG_8001.jpg

IMG_8002.jpg

Absolutely beautiful Rob! Awesome pictures!

GT4,10 *, Ventus Black TR 6 S Velacore

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

1 minute ago, William P said:

Absolutely beautiful Rob! Awesome pictures!

Thank you Bill! Glad you liked them. 👍

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

They don’t.  I looked. 😁  Maybe @GolfSpy_APH will see my interest in LAB and I can be selected to test the new model in 2025 😂

We get anymore LAB users and it will be known as the LAB Golfers Forum not MGS Forum. 

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

6 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

It's the ole sandbagging routine. The one guy all but admitted to adding a bunch of scores at the end so he could establish a handicap. 

It's double elimination luckily.  I really wish they did handicaps in the states like @GolfSpy_APH has mentioned where it has to be sanctioned and signed off by another participant. 

It's funny Josh because at the start of last week I had a 9.5 handicap. 

I played with one of the regular guys who I have played with several times. Solid golfer, but usually has one or two blowup holes. I told him about our VCT and that I needed to record the round, he offered to be my scorer. I went on to shoot 76 with a 38/38. That dropped my handicap to 8, then I played again with him yesterday and shot 82 and handicap went down to 7.9. 

Not as low as I wanted it to be for the end of the season, but I have 2 more rounds this week before the season essentially closes. 

Here is the kicker, the last round will be Saturday in a tournament and because of the good play it means I don't get as many shots at this next course where I have played terribly before and can use every possible shot. It is both awesome and sucks at the same time. 

However I would rather challenge myself and start playing better golf then do anything shady to increase my handicap for prize reasons. 

Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I played with one of the regular guys who I have played with several times. Solid golfer, but usually has one or two blowup holes. I told him about our VCT and that I needed to record the round, he offered to be my scorer. I went on to shoot 76 with a 38/38. That dropped my handicap to 8, then I played again with him yesterday and shot 82 and handicap went down to 7.9. 

Not as low as I wanted it to be for the end of the season, but I have 2 more rounds this week before the season essentially closes. 

Here is the kicker, the last round will be Saturday in a tournament and because of the good play it means I don't get as many shots at this next course where I have played terribly before and can use every possible shot. It is both awesome and sucks at the same time. 

However I would rather challenge myself and start playing better golf then do anything shady to increase my handicap for prize reasons. 

Hey the price of getting better! Be proud and just play!!

Play like a champion today!

54 minutes ago, Javs said:

Hey the price of getting better! Be proud and just play!!

For me it feels better. This is really some of the best golf I have ever played. Things are trending, just in time for the season to slow down lol

T150 6-9 Iron                                

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It just sucks because it's supposed to be a gentlemans game and a game of honor.  They just finished the Travis Cup out here and it's between my course and one 8 min down the road. Been happening for years.  Mostly the MGA guys.  Point Ventures handicaps were pushing 20s and on guy that has the course record at Lago (62) showed a 6.5.  I bet nobody is shocked when I say every single one of them broke their handicap by 4 or 5 shots at the tourney.  

It's sad really that people feel the need to cheat and I wish we would change the way it's done for the betterment of the game. 

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

1 minute ago, Josh Parker said:

It just sucks because it's supposed to be a gentlemans game and a game of honor.  They just finished the Travis Cup out here and it's between my course and one 8 min down the road. Been happening for years.  Mostly the MGA guys.  Point Ventures handicaps were pushing 20s and on guy that has the course record at Lago (62) showed a 6.5.  I bet nobody is shocked when I say every single one of them broke their handicap by 4 or 5 shots at the tourney.  

It's sad really that people feel the need to cheat and I wish we would change the way it's done for the betterment of the game. 

I think it is also because ppl dont understand they are not supposed to shoot their handicap!

T150 6-9 Iron                                

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think it is also because ppl dont understand they are not supposed to shoot their handicap!

Yeah, I had this discussion the other day with a guy that golfs with our group from time to time.  It's what, 20% or less to actually hit your number. 

I can see that percentage going up some if you play the same course over and over again but even as much as I play my course (3-5x/week) I am still in that every 4th or 5th round.

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

9 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Yeah, I had this discussion the other day with a guy that golfs with our group from time to time.  It's what, 20% or less to actually hit your number. 

I can see that percentage going up some if you play the same course over and over again but even as much as I play my course (3-5x/week) I am still in that every 4th or 5th round.

Even that though, if they are posting their scores properly their handicap will go down. 

T150 6-9 Iron                                

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Even that though, if they are posting their scores properly their handicap will go down. 

Absolutely!  

My ending VCT and GHIN matched up, but I input all my scores.  If I shoot well, it drops and makes it very difficult for it to go up more than half a point.  

I don't know.... I guess at the end of the day, the system here is messed up and needs fixing.  I like having to make someone score your round in order for it to count. 

It's funny to me that people want to fluff it the wrong direction just to win a couple bucks... 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

51 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

The only problem I have with needing another player with you to confirm your score is I play by myself more often lately than not. I just don’t know that many people that are free to play yet and am still a new member at my course. It is sad though to lie just to say you placed in an event..

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, PXG 0311 P Gen 7 irons (4-GW), 54&58 degree Sub70 246 wedges, Tommy Armour #2 wide blade putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

26 minutes ago, Coulter said:

The only problem I have with needing another player with you to confirm your score is I play by myself more often lately than not. I just don’t know that many people that are free to play yet and am still a new member at my course. It is sad though to lie just to say you placed in an event..

It would be my challenge as well, but it doesn't prevent you from playing.  It just may take longer to establish a true handicap.

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

30 minutes ago, Coulter said:

I typically play golf by myself 95% of the time too. None of my buddies I grew up with golf, or are even into hotrods like me. Just recently I started grouping up with a car buddy I met a couple years ago. He's a firefighter, and his coworkers that he works the same schedule with play weekly. I've been welcomed into their group, and it's nice to get out and play with some guys that are learning the game and I can help.

I friggin love teaching the game, but don't have any certifications so I can't go to a course and get a job because they all want that piece of paper. On another note, I typically play to my 2.6hcp or close within, and it's good having people I know to play together that will vouch for it. I'll post on the socials a scorecard and people talk trash that I manipulated my score. I don't play that game, and recently my buddy Jay will go on and shut em down.

Scott J

PXG Driver, AP2 irons, Cleveland wedges and Odyssey white ice 2.0

I was on a 3 day golf trip near Ocean City, MD the last few days.  First day we played Eagles Landing.....and they were!

IMG_20241020_1324355812.jpg.5ab6089a992a7c4e02255449b29c39a0.jpg

The weather was perfect, mid 70's and no wind.  I played well off the tee, OK with the irons and well with short game & putting for a 75.  

The second day our group played a ryder cup format at Rum Pointe in 6 hole chunks. 

IMG_20241021_143420684.jpg.cff085bde909521d08bf2da3b3364734.jpg

I was hitting tee shots and irons well, short game was so-so but putting was pretty good.  No individual scores but i felt good about the swing and shot results.  Our last 6 holes were better ball and i was -1 for those.  

The third day was a little further north at Baywood Greens in DE.  A beautiful course with lots of scenic landscaping.

IMG_20241022_133414344_HDR.jpg.830abe9e3e01625f48cb60e253d1e80a.jpg

I was a bit stiff to start and was on the bogey train for a while.  Got warmed up by the 6th hole and played tee shots and irons well from there on.  A few putts got away from me on the fast greens resulting in 3 putts.  Finished up with an 80. 

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

14 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

It's the ole sandbagging routine. The one guy all but admitted to adding a bunch of scores at the end so he could establish a handicap. 

It's double elimination luckily.  I really wish they did handicaps in the states like @GolfSpy_APH has mentioned where it has to be sanctioned and signed off by another participant. 

It is a constant conversation regarding "net" competitions for sure. Especially for single digit players that have to give up so many strokes, 2 strokes per hole on some holes and 1 stroke per hole is quite a lot, and almost impossible to win I would say. 

The structure that Jamie is talking about must me a "one off" as the World Handicap System doesn't require sanctioning and sign off by someone else. 

Most clubs I have played in have a "handicap chairman" whose job it is to make sure handicaps are true, and every club I have been a member at have maybe 1 or 2 sandbaggers that are well known in the club and are not allowed to play in club competitions and get "called out" when they sign up for events outside the club. 

committed to performance excellence

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

same here Jamie, monday I shot 71, yesterday 68, dropped my index exponentially, so now I will have to live with a lower index for the winter once we go to "winter" caps. 

But that is the way the WHS works, if I had played over my index I would have possibly gone into the winter with a higher index..

I am just happy that I am posting better scores and have some good mojo going into the winter.

Those rounds you shot were good as well... 

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

yikes, that is really bad, the handicap chairperson at "Point Ventures" should be called out for that for sure. 

The only thing that "may" be happening in this instance is that Point Ventures has a higher slope than your course, I find that players from certain courses in Victoria "tend" to finish higher in net tournaments from year to year than other courses, ie.. OV where I play has a 130 slope from the white tees, so high single digit index players or low double digit index players seem to struggle more on OV than their "home" course which can be slope of 119-125. 

It shouldn't be the way but it is just what I have seen. 

16 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Most clubs I have played in have a "handicap chairman" whose job it is to make sure handicaps are true, and every club I have been a member at have maybe 1 or 2 sandbaggers that are well known in the club and are not allowed to play in club competitions and get "called out" when they sign up for events outside the club.

I would take even this as it seems even the club pros are too chicken s*** to call out people.  

I told the guy that organized this that it will be my last one unless something changes.  I really think taking 50-75% of peoples handicaps would eliminate some of the sandbagging that happens.  

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

1 minute ago, Josh Parker said:

I would take even this as it seems even the club pros are too chicken s*** to call out people.  

I told the guy that organized this that it will be my last one unless something changes.  I really think taking 50-75% of peoples handicaps would eliminate some of the sandbagging that happens.  

that comment is a "for sure" at our club. The handicap chairman went to the pro about one of our members, a meeting was called with the chairman, head pro and general manager. Basically after a lot of bulls**t from both the pro and GM they said, "we need more proof" and the "jest" of the meeting was, "you look after it" 

All though having said that , as it has been going on for about 3 years with this one member, he was banned from club events for 1 year, but was still able to play in "interclub" events at other courses. 

Another bad thing about this is that I was chosen to be his partner, the underlying reason is "you can keep an eye on him" well guess what , that is not my job, I am trying to win my match and I don't want to be "keeping an eye" on someone else.

Another reason that sandbaggers make me mad....

8 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

yikes, that is really bad, the handicap chairperson at "Point Ventures" should be called out for that for sure. 

The only thing that "may" be happening in this instance is that Point Ventures has a higher slope than your course, I find that players from certain courses in Victoria "tend" to finish higher in net tournaments from year to year than other courses, ie.. OV where I play has a 130 slope from the white tees, so high single digit index players or low double digit index players seem to struggle more on OV than their "home" course which can be slope of 119-125. 

It shouldn't be the way but it is just what I have seen. 

It's got an easier rating than our course.  It's always been an issue and you can pull up most of these guys names in GHIN and see that they may post 1 or 2 scores a month and they play that many times a week if not more.  

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

For me it feels better. This is really some of the best golf I have ever played. Things are trending, just in time for the season to slow down lol

At least you have positive thoughts for the beginning of next season! Better than having to rebuild a swing!!

Play like a champion today!