Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

Flightscope Mevo Plus. And really got the most of it and started using it way more and improving my game when I got the Titleist RCT balls, upgraded to pro package with impact, and got Awesome Golf…all about 6 months ago. Has really helped me dial in aspects of my game, especially 120 yards an in. 😁

Driver - Cobra LTDx (45.75in)
5 wood - Cobra Darkspeed
7 Wood - Cobra Darkspeed
9 Wood - Ping G430 Max
6 - Approach - Cobra Forged Tec One Length (LA Golf shafts)
52, 56, 60 - Cobra Snakebite One Length (LA Golf shafts)
Putter - L.A.B. DF2.1 Armlock (LA Golf shaft)

No launch monitor yet. Trying to find something thats decent in price and easy to transport. I try to use the monitors at ranges if available.

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

I have a GC2.  Probably best buy for the buck nowadays.

-No subscription fees for GC2

-works with most to all software

-great for sim golf

-portable

-can buy replacement batteries, and replacement flash modules

I did upgrade from the original skytrak,  The difference was night and day, even though my skytrak was set up perfect and didn't have too much delay.

If I was to upgrade it would be to a Uneekor eye xo2 for an overhead unit, and club data

As a warning to others, some of the cheaper ones do not do well with simulation software, or the shortgame sucks, or no putting.  Do your research if you want to go the sim route.

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

Yes, I have a GC3 sim with the full setup. Mat, screen, projector. Added two cameras, ... one DTL and one face on, both of which can be played back on the TV. I do not use the cameras near enough as I should. Just get lazy and want to play 18 quickly.

I use it 3-5 times a week to some extent. Even if just swinging. Its helped me in every aspect of my game, especially short game. Through camera feed back and LM feedback, I am able to get up and down a lot more frequently. Short game is the one area my buddies have noticed the biggest improvement, which you wouldnt think, since you are training on a forgivng mat.

My only complaint is the size of the zone. If i have buddies over, someone always hits a ball outside of the zone. GCQuad and others have much larger zones where id imagine this isnt an issue.

Stealth 2 Plus Driver Ventus Blue 6X

PXG Gen5 3W Ventus Blue 7x

Callaway 2 Iron AD DI Shaft

T150 5-P

Jaws Weges 50, 54, 58

Mezz Putter

I have the MLM2PRO and the SC4.

I prefer the SC4 if I’m going to break it out on the course during slow pace play since all the data is presented on the screen. 
The MLM2PRO is great for the indoor budget golf sim setup but also capturing club path impact when on the range 

"Anything in life worth doing, is worth overdoing"

I have a Garmin R10. I love the fact that I have it and have been able to use GSPro on it. This has changed my garage play, however due to space, I think I want to upgrade to Bushnell Launch Pro or Eye Mini or something like that. The garmin R10 has changed the range session tho! i love the fact it is so small and compacted!

Samuel Hanvey 

I have a Garmin G80.   It doesn’t show spin or launch angle but it does carry, roll out, club head speed and ball speed.   Since I’m working on club head and ball speed it’s good enough.  But I’ll probably upgrade this summer.   Plus it works as a GPS on the course which is good.  

I have a Garmin R10. A great little unit that provides me with the information I need to get precise shots into the green.  

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

I have a FlightScope Mevo+. Its a good all around simulator if you have the space. Building my new simulator area again and cant wait to be finished. 

Have a Mevo flight scope. Would like to have a mlm launch monitor at some point. Recently swapped to iPhone so that is now available to me. 

R. Dale

I have an SC200. Before I retired from clubfitting, I had a Flightscope. Terrific product and the best customer service. 

Professional club maker/club fitter, retired

Founding member, former President, International Clubmakers Guild

Yes, I have the Rapsodo MLM. Great for the price point. I primarily hit into a net in my yard so I’m unable to take advantage of a lot of the games and contest through the app. App is a must have to to access the best parts of the MLM which adds to the cost. Love it though keeping my eye on the MLM2

I would like to see affordable launch monitors all have dynamic loft and strike location capability. Would love to own gcquad max. But that won’t happen unless I win a lottery as it is not affordable for the average person and/or golf club.

Taylor made P770, Ping G425 driver and 3w, and Calaway Heavenwood, Hybrid,Vokey wedges, Scotty Newport putter. 

Have Garmin R10, live in house where have to hit outside currently, this limits year round golf.  It adds reasonable statistics to your shots and you can play courses that are fun.  Believe anything you can do to hit more measured golf shots is a positive for getting better.  

Driver - 2023 Callaway Paradym 9.0, 3 Wood -2022 Rogue ST Max, 3 Hybrid Mavrik, 2017 X-forged 4-PW, Wedges Callaway 50-56-60, Putter Odyssey Toulon Chicago     

I currently own both a SkyTrak+ and a Mevo+. Both companies have been very good to work with and have, in different ways, been very generous to me and our family.

At some point, I intend to do a head-to-head video review of both devices. But cutting to the chase: if I were sentenced to a desert island and could only take one, I'd just flip a coin. I suspect that's a really frustrating answer, but they're both great devices, and each has strengths (and weaknesses) in ways that make having both really worthwhile.

For the Mevo+ (with Pro Package and Face Impact upgrades):

• ALL THE DATA! I love this aspect of the Mevo+. If you know what all the data points mean and how to use them, the Mevo+ just gives you way more information than the SkyTrak+. Here are the data points that (at this moment) the SkyTrak+ gives:

image.png

And here's the Pro Package, to which you can had the Face Impact location:

image.png

• The Mevo+ supports no-ball speed swings, including full integration to the Stack System app. The ability to swing and immediately have your speed in the app without doing anything else is a little thing that, once you have it, you'd never want to give up.
  • The native FlightScope software is incredibly full-featured for analysis: multiple windows (on PC) with different data, swing videos, integration of force plates and FocusBand. Being able to set target ranges for specific data points is a sweet feature as well.
  • For those with kids: having a radar-based LM that sits behind the hitting area is good for peace of mind. My SkyTrak+ has already been hit by several less-than-ideal shots (grateful for the protective case), including one that sheared a plastic screw off the case. Radar is definitely an advantage here.
  • FS doesn't charge subscription fees! You buy the Mevo+, you have access to all the features at the level you purchased from that point forward. I love this.
  • As for negatives: the Mevo+ is fusier to set up than the SkyTrak+. It obviously requires far more space, with 8 feet behind the ball and 12 feet of flight. When I plop the SkyTrak+ down for a session, I'm normally within about a degree or so of it being correct just setting it next to the hitting mat. The Mevo+ needs to be in the right place behind the ball, angled the correct way, with the kickstand out the right amount. It's just more tedious; almost always, if I just have a few minutes and I want to hit balls, I'm going to grab the SkyTrak+ for this reason.
  • Putting isn't good on either device, but it's worse on Mevo+ (at least for me, at least right now). There's a bug in Mevo+/GSPro in which putts over, say, 20 feet will launch 75+ feet. A little static electricity in your sim area can really throw it off. Again, the SkyTrak+ isn't awesome for putting either (I almost always play autoputt with both devices), but it's more usable than the Mevo+.
  • The Mevo+ is a little more finicky about picking up shots from my little kids. So while it's less likely to get hit by a stray ball, we also have a lot of "oh, it didn't pick that one up, try again" moments. The SkyTrak+ seems to be more friendly about those poorly struck little shots.

For the SkyTrak+, obviously some of these are already suggested above:

• Having face and path data makes it a massive upgrade over the OG SkyTrak if you're trying to improve your game.
  • The native SkyTrak app is much more user-friendly and simple than the FS app. If you subscribe (more on that), the range easily lets you define a target green and then randomize how far away it is with a range of distances. I probably do this more than any other one thing in my garage: set the SkyTrak+ down, correct, ask for greens from 25-100 yards, and practice partial wedges. The simple competitive games (closest to the pin, target golf, long drive) are easy enough. The skills assessment is also a staple of my practice, and the bag mapping and wedge matrix are also well-executed. The depth of the FS software isn't there, but the simplicity and polish is very good.
  • As I mentioned above, the SkyTrak+ seems to work better picking up shots from my youngest children. For me, this is a big plus: I like when they're having fun.
  • Again as mentioned above, putting on SkyTrak+ is better than Mevo+. I think it gets the speed right almost all the time. Occasionally, it reads really odd pulls or pushes; we have some mini golf putting courses in an app (Creative Golf/Golfissimo), and they would be a little more fun without these idiosyncrasies.
  • On the negatives, I don't love subscription models, though I understand the benefit. For the SkyTrak+, you're going to want to plunk down the $130/year for the package that unlocks all the features of the ST software; otherwise, all you can do is hit balls on the range and see the results (no sim software, no movable targets, no skills test, etc.).

So there's (at least) some of my thoughts on these two devices. If you have any specific comparison questions, ask away. I think they're both great devices, and I recognize that it's a crazy privilege to own both, and I'm grateful for it.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX E722 16.5°, Tensei AV RAW Blue 65 S
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 19°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 22°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:callaway-small: Epic Forged 7 27°
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 7–PW
Diamond Tour Inazone 3.0 50°, 54°, 58°, Aldila NV 95 Graphite
:L.A.B.: DF3, Counterbalanced 37", TPT shaft, Garsen Quad Tour 17"

Full WITB with pictures

I do not have a launch monitor but would love to use one from time to time. Knowing exact yardages for each club would be great. I would also like it to be used as a simulator. That way I could use it for specific shots.

Mizuno STX 230 driver

Mizuno GT180 FW

Mizuno ST-Z 230 Hybrid

Mizuno  JPX 923 tour 5 -GW

Mizuno T23 55 degree sw

Ben Hogan Riviera 60° LW

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 10.5CS

Have the SC300i, looked at Garmin R10, Mevo+, and Rapsodo, but wasn't interested in sim capabilities. Had it for a couple months, numbers can be sobering, esp. for an old man! Need to take it to a nearby indoor shop and set it up with a Track man to "calibrate" the numbers. Think it will work fine for driver numbers and wedges!

Have the original Skytrac - now 5 years old.  Allows me to have idea of ball flight but want to upgrade to have club data to continue working on swing.  Can't decide on how much the price difference between Skytrac+ and GC3 is really important and don't like the stickers on club faces.  n Not a fan of subscription costs for software that does not change significantly (E6).

Want one for indoor use that doubles as a simulator, I will buy one as soon as I can find someone to convince my wife it's way more useful than her dining room.

:titleist-small: TSR2 driver 10

:cobra-small:Cobra ltd fairways 3 and 7

:cobra-small:Cobra forged tec irons 5-P

:callaway-small:Callaway wedges 54 and 58

:taylormade-small:TaylorMade del monte 7 face balanced putter

I've been looking at getting a Prgr for basic home use

Callaway, vokey, Scotty Cameron 

I have a Garmin R10 and love it.  As has been note before, it forces you to slow down and analyze each swing, understanding the why of what happened.  Since I got mine with the aide of some lessons as well, I have dropped about 7 stokes off my game (and as I battle back from an arm and back injury), I'm really happy.  

Even though I'm happy, I'm in the market too and want to get a Mevo+ or Skytrack+ that provides additional data.  

Cheers! ~Andy

D - Cobra Fly-Z
2H - Adams Idea Pro a12 Hybrid
3H - Cobra Fly-Z
4-GW - Cobra Baffler XL
SW - Nike VR Pro 2
P - Odyssey White Hot OG Stroke Lab #5 Putter

I have a Garmin Approach R10. I did a lot of research and it seemed that it's performance vs. it's price point (599.00) was highly rated. The first time I used it I was able set it up next to a Trackman so I could compare results.  Distance was within 2-3 yards, club path and face angle was within 1-3 degrees. The only substantial difference was side spin. All in all I was very pleased with the results.  Using the Garmin app you can download your practice sessions and review every shot with 15 different metrics.  

I have debating for over a year on which one I would pull the tigger on. Space is a premium and it would need to be able to be set up and taken down in my garage. For the price, I have been looking at the Garmin, Mevo, and Rhapsado. 

Rollie Wright

Ping G400 woods and irons

Cleveland Wedges

Odyssey Putter

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

They have become a lot more affordable and a lot more capable in a pretty short time. 

Devices like the Garmin R10, Rapsodo units and others are all well priced and perform great. Do you own one of these? Or have you stepped up into the Uneekor, FullSwing, Bushnell, Foresight or even Trackman space?

What is it you like about yours? What do you wish they had? How do you use yours as part of your normal routine or game? 

If you don't have one what would you want to buy or put on your wishlist?

No

"Never a bad day"

"New adventure every day"