Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

Vokey SM10 Wedges - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts in the links below!

@HeathS16 - Main Post 

@snoopy79 - Main Post 

@MIGregB - Main Post 

@Chubbs1991 - Main Post

@HeathS16 @snoopy79 You both mention that your fitter utilized the Titleist Wedge fitting tool in conjunction with Trackman. I double checked with my fitter and he did not, saying that he only uses it for indoor fittings as he prefers to just analyze divot patterns and Trackman data. Do you know whether there was a difference between what the Wedge Fitting tool initially selected for you and what the final wedge selections became? @Chubbs1991, I'd like to know the same for you once your fitting is completed.

Thanks!!

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My 2024 Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

10 minutes ago, MIGregB said:

@HeathS16 @snoopy79 You both mention that your fitter utilized the Titleist Wedge fitting tool in conjunction with Trackman. I double checked with my fitter and he did not, saying that he only uses it for indoor fittings as he prefers to just analyze divot patterns and Trackman data. Do you know whether there was a difference between what the Wedge Fitting tool initially selected for you and what the final wedge selections became? @Chubbs1991, I'd like to know the same for you once your fitting is completed.

Thanks!!

Great question! Each fitter is unique for sure. Chris used it in conjunction with his observations, after each shot the tool would update with a “suggestion” (without getting too much in the weeds it’s an algorithm according to Chris) which would change or stay the same after each shot. If Chris saw something or thought of something he would adjust the specs given and we would try another configuration. So to answer your question: yes, the suggested wedge specs I ended up in did change from the initial setup. Chris even took the time to explain the why behind what he & the software suggested. we went through about 5 total configurations. 

Did you have a comparable amount of changes or was your fitter pretty spot on with his suggestions each time? 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

1 minute ago, HeathS16 said:

Great question! Each fitter is unique for sure. Chris used it in conjunction with his observations, after each shot the tool would update with a “suggestion” (without getting too much in the weeds it’s an algorithm according to Chris) which would change or stay the same after each shot. If Chris saw something or thought of something he would adjust the specs given and we would try another configuration. So to answer your question: yes, the suggested wedge specs I ended up in did change from the initial setup. Chris even took the time to explain the why behind what he & the software suggested. we went through about 5 total configurations. 

Did you have a comparable amount of changes or was your fitter pretty spot on with his suggestions each time? 

Interesting! Yes, my guy, Andrew, did make several changes from his initial suggestions based on more observation/Trackman data. Shaft length increased and lie changed up +2. We stuck with the grind and bounce suggestions, though, but that was based on watching the initial shots with my gamer. My swing speed is solidly in the mid-slow range (geez, I hate getting old!!!) and he felt the stock shaft would work well, and they did.

Actually, from what Andrew said and from previous articles I've read, Titleist puts all of their suppliers (anything they don't mfg themselves) through rigorous, some say torturous, testing and inspections. So he's of the opinion that much of their "stock" offerings would work well for most people, and he saw nothing in my swing that warranted a different shaft. 

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

3 minutes ago, MIGregB said:

Interesting! Yes, my guy, Andrew, did make several changes from his initial suggestions based on more observation/Trackman data. Shaft length increased and lie changed up +2. We stuck with the grind and bounce suggestions, though, but that was based on watching the initial shots with my gamer. My swing speed is solidly in the mid-slow range (geez, I hate getting old!!!) and he felt the stock shaft would work well, and they did.

Actually, from what Andrew said and from previous articles I've read, Titleist puts all of their suppliers (anything they don't mfg themselves) through rigorous, some say torturous, testing and inspections. So he's of the opinion that much of their "stock" offerings would work well for most people, and he saw nothing in my swing that warranted a different shaft. 

Chris basically said the same. Says stock wedge shaft is basically equivalent to an S200. I learned PING standard lie angle is 1 degree flat compared Titleist’s. Once Chris had me in -1 the SM10s felt like butter. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

All the talk of fitting and seeing the difference has got me very excited to get fit. The last time I was fit was at a big box store and not sure how much the guy really knew. The fitter I'm going to is well respected and fits all the big dogs around here. Ill keep you posted on how it works out and if it differs from my wedge selector. 

Driver: Mizuno Stz

Fairway: Titliest 9115 3 Wood

Irons: Callaway Legacy Black 4-PW

Wedges: Vokeys

Putter: Phantom 5.5

Ball: ProV 

12 minutes ago, Chubbs1991 said:

All the talk of fitting and seeing the difference has got me very excited to get fit. The last time I was fit was at a big box store and not sure how much the guy really knew. The fitter I'm going to is well respected and fits all the big dogs around here. Ill keep you posted on how it works out and if it differs from my wedge selector. 

I'm really curious about your fitting! I'm showing my ignorance about your climate and golf season here, but it seems like indoor fittings would be pretty routine there making them an even higher caliber fitting than other areas?? I'm wondering whether you see a difference between them.

3 minutes ago, MIGregB said:

I'm really curious about your fitting! I'm showing my ignorance about your climate and golf season here, but it seems like indoor fittings would be pretty routine there making them an even higher caliber fitting than other areas?? I'm wondering whether you see a difference between them.

I’m hoping the weather is nice and it will be an outdoor fitting. 

@MIGregB my fitting experience was nearly the exact same as @HeathS16. My fitter Josh has 20+ years experience in fitting, and he had me make some shots away from the Trackman to get feedback on what I was feeling (bunker, rough, etc.) and how shots were coming out. If i had to guess this is because I was a close match for a couple different configs in the software. I ended up in a much different set then what the online tool had me in.

Current WITB:

Driver:   default_benhogan-small.gif.bd4aea80f46a0fd64e2b8412d1ee19dc.gif Big Ben CS3 9.5deg Aldila NV-h 70-R w/JumboMax Tour Series grip

Fairway: Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png KE4 3W w/KE4 75-R

Irons Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png MMB Forged 3-PW w/TT Dynamic Gold Lite

Wedges: Testing default_titelist-small.jpg.70ad9f722a0db80227389c6cf555806c.jpg Vokey SM10 wedges Go here to learn more!

Putter:   Sub70.png Sycamore 008 Mallet

Preferred Ball: TBD

On 5/29/2024 at 12:28 PM, MIGregB said:

It was beautiful sunny day here. I was able to get in outdoors which was nice. Did some on the range using trackman then moving to the short game area to double check lofts and grinds. 

On 5/29/2024 at 10:00 AM, MIGregB said:

Thanks!!

My Titliest Wedge selector and what I was actually fit for was completely different. Different Lofts and Grinds. 

On 5/12/2024 at 3:55 PM, KC Golf said:

This looks like it will be a great test. 
@Chubbs1991 your Vokey set make up looks exactly the same as my results so I am looking forward to seeing if the Titleist actual fit shows the same results. Also will be interested to see how they work for you and the other testers.   They look gorgeous in the stores but I haven’t hit them yet. 

Check out my fitting results. Its interesting to see how different it was compared to the wedge selector. 

1 hour ago, Chubbs1991 said:

Check out my fitting results. Its interesting to see how different it was compared to the wedge selector. 

Terrific fitting write-up! My only fitting regret was the fact that the course where the fitting was held got hit with a lot of rain the previous night which left the bunkers still too wet to get meaningful data, IMHO. But considering that both the final recommended bounce and grind will aid getting through the sand, vs. my gamer, I'm anxious to give it a try.

2 hours ago, Chubbs1991 said:

I use a 46F, but the same 52 and 56.  Your 60T is the really interesting one for me.  Will look forward to understanding what you like about the grind.  I did recently get a 58 K to see what that grind is like.

Shaft weight is interesting, I went lighter and I like it on partial shots,  I always used standard heavier wedge shafts before this.  Will be curious to see your findings.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x (MGS Tester ‘24) / GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

I use a 46F, but the same 52 and 56.  Your 60T is the really interesting one for me.  Will look forward to understanding what you like about the grind.  I did recently get a 58 K to see what that grind is like.

Shaft weight is interesting, I went lighter and I like it on partial shots,  I always used standard heavier wedge shafts before this.  Will be curious to see your findings.

He didn’t have T grind to test. We went into the shop and looked at one. As I put it down I like the way it lay and how it looked at address. 

Edited by Chubbs1991

1 hour ago, MIGregB said:

Terrific fitting write-up! My only fitting regret was the fact that the course where the fitting was held got hit with a lot of rain the previous night which left the bunkers still too wet to get meaningful data, IMHO. But considering that both the final recommended bounce and grind will aid getting through the sand, vs. my gamer, I'm anxious to give it a try.

I really enjoyed my fitting as someone who’s more of a feel player. I don’t really understand all the numbers my fitter was saying but he loved what he was seeing my divots and flight 

Posted (edited)

They shipped!! Estimated arrival 6/5 😜

image.png.e0bd5781fcabfa08da8bb83b64f435c4.png

2 hours ago, KC Golf said:

I did recently get a 58 K to see what that grind is like.

So I tried a 60 K grind at my fitting and my fitter said it was basically THE bunker wedge. I hit multiple shots with it and loved how the ball just popped up out of the bunker. You don't even have to open the face at all. There is so much bounce it just does it for you.

Edited by snoopy79

Current WITB:

Driver:   default_benhogan-small.gif.bd4aea80f46a0fd64e2b8412d1ee19dc.gif Big Ben CS3 9.5deg Aldila NV-h 70-R w/JumboMax Tour Series grip

Fairway: Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png KE4 3W w/KE4 75-R

Irons Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png MMB Forged 3-PW w/TT Dynamic Gold Lite

Wedges: Testing default_titelist-small.jpg.70ad9f722a0db80227389c6cf555806c.jpg Vokey SM10 wedges Go here to learn more!

1 minute ago, snoopy79 said:

They shipped!! Estimated arrival 6/5 😜

image.png.e0bd5781fcabfa08da8bb83b64f435c4.png

So I tried a K grind at my fitting and my fitter said it was basically THE bunker wedge. I hit multiple shots with it and loved how the ball just popped up out of the bunker. You don't even have to open the face at all. Their is so much bounce it just does it for you.

Whoo-hoo!!! I know it'll be at least a couple of weeks for mine, and with my luck they'll arrive while I'm out-of-town at my granddaughter's softball tournament in Kansas later this month. But I am very anxious to see what you think!

26 minutes ago, Chubbs1991 said:

What finish did everyone go with?? 

Raw for me

I went with Nickel. I thought about black, but after seeing my fitter's ALL black (club, shaft, grip), I decided I wanted it all or nothing! I like Nickel a lot, regardless. 

Here in Indy, we have a Titleist Performance Center on the north-side of town (Golf Club of Indiana) & a PING Fitter of the Year for consecutive years (Bunker Run Golf Club) on the south-side.

I decided to get through this year with my current Cleveland OTR offerings, but will make wedge fitting a priority come March/April 2025

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

On 6/1/2024 at 11:16 AM, Chubbs1991 said:

What finish did everyone go with?? 

Nickel ftw 😉

Current WITB:

Tracking info....

image.png.b75b3acd34db4f521ed9176833bc4ac5.png

giphy.webp

Current WITB:

UPDATE!

giphy.webp

Unboxing and first impressions will be posted within the next day or two!

Current WITB:

4 hours ago, snoopy79 said:

UPDATE!

giphy.webp

oh-hell-yeah-stone-cold.gif.42c060afc73b59b042c60b8926969561.gif

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :odin:

On 6/4/2024 at 1:35 PM, snoopy79 said:

UPDATE!

giphy.webp

No pressure or anything, but you're carrying the torch for us here until ours arrive! Can't wait!!!

@MIGregB I got you! Posting it momentarily 🙂

Current WITB:

Loved the reviews here, well done guys! I see the SM8's are on sale right now hahaha might have to get those but great info and knowledge from all the testers. I tried the fitting tool for the Vokeys so I have an idea what I might need in the future. 

Driver: Tour Edge C721 9 degree w/ Hzrdus RDX Smoke

3 wood: Tour edge C721 13.5 degree w/ Fujikura Ventus 6S 

Hybrid: Tour Edge C721 19 degree w/ Aldila Rogue Black TX 

Irons: 4-AW Titleist AP2 Forged 714 w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54 degree w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Shaft, Cleveland CBX Full Face 60 degree with Dynamic Gold Spinner Shaft

Putter: Cleveland HB Soft #11 mallet putter w/ Super Stroke Claw 1.0 grip

3 minutes ago, Zgrabby11 said:

Loved the reviews here, well done guys! I see the SM8's are on sale right now hahaha might have to get those but great info and knowledge from all the testers. I tried the fitting tool for the Vokeys so I have an idea what I might need in the future. 

A local golf store even has the SM9s discounted! They're all really good wedges. But if we are to believe the videos with the Titleist designers & product mgrs, Vokey has made some impressive changes to the SM10s. I currently play SM9s and I really like them, so I'm really anxious to see whether the SM10s help my few remaining wedge issues.

Okay spies I have my Unboxing photos up on the main post. Go give it a gander! Quick link is in my signature.

I am also happy to report that I got to the range yesterday and started to put them through the paces around the practice green and making some full shots at targets downrange.

Initial report:

• Really liking the feel off the club-face. Its a muted thud kind of feel? The SM9 I hit last month was similar.
  • Green was soft due to some recent rain, but the ball certainly had more spin than my gamer. Very noticeable on the short pitch shots I was making.
  • Turf interaction is great. Just what expected from my fitting results.

I have a couple videos for all this and will post those as soon as I can. I think you guys will like it! More sessions planned with more video.

Any questions just let me know. Onward!

Current WITB: