Sun Mountain Matchplay Bag and Travel Bag - 2024 Forum Review

Excited to test this bag out! It looks like a mix of vintage and modern with its looks. I’m kicking myself that I went away from a stand bag years ago and am excited to test one out again

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Introduction was added! Can't wait to get my hands on the bag!

In my bag:

Got my bag today! Looks super nice! 

IMG_9609.jpeg

IMG_9610.jpeg

In my bag:

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Sun Mountain Matchplay Bag and Travel Bag - 2024 Forum Review

Got the clubs in the bag… looking sexy not going to lie. First impressions will be added shortly 

IMG_9635.jpeg

IMG_9636.jpeg

In my bag:

Attempted to add first impressions Monday but forgot about the update lol. Will add them later tonight. Testing the bag on the course later this week!!

In my bag:

The bag has been received, and inboxed! IMG_1637.jpeg.90367571533bdd848d072cca4e618590.jpegIMG_1638.jpeg.8b4540d0e1dcd552395f62066e4376b9.jpegIMG_1639.jpeg.87107c96eeb34f0596aa7b9c10b0e495.jpeg

I stayed away from any research on the bag so my initial impression would be genuine. I did see pictures when I had to choose my color, and from other reviewer posts. It was as I would expect. It’s definitely geared towards.the walkers. Quality is what I would expect from Sun Mountain. IMG_1640.jpeg.9fa512cd9985db918cdab181633b780b.jpegIMG_1642.jpeg.83dafad182c3d0e2e71f750c7913c888.jpegIMG_1643.jpeg.8bf266424b2742c37c80b1013e485c4e.jpeg

IMG_1644.jpeg.54810dfde850aa07e897ca7437d8dec3.jpegMore details about will be in the review. Playing tomorrow so I’ll be able to start posting on the functionality. 

On 6/15/2024 at 7:27 PM, cciciora13 said:

Got the clubs in the bag… looking sexy not going to lie. First impressions will be added shortly 

IMG_9635.jpeg

IMG_9636.jpeg

Damn I love that Quilted look

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

First Impressions added! On-Course Testing starts Friday! Impressed by the quality so far!

Edited by cciciora13

In my bag:

On course with the Matchlplay bag today. I typically play only my home course, and carts are always used. With the bag being designed for walking it did still fit well in the cart.IMG_1660.jpeg.0c24ed25e464821a48c7a3aa7edd3379.jpeg

All of the pockets were accessible and the strap holding the bag in did not compress the top. I prefer to use a 14 way top, and I was reminded why. With only a 4 way divider shafts would get crossed, and grips would stick. It was functional, but again this is why I prefer the 14 way. On a positive note the pocket for personal items was more spacious than I initially thought.

Another round coming on Saturday and playing a different course so may get a chance to put it on the push cart, and tomorrow it will be taken to the range. 

Range day today so got to do some walking around with it. The weight is good even with a full set, and all the stuff inside. Much easier to get clubs in and out when it’s used as a stand bag compared to on the cart. Only issue, and maybe it’s personal, but having only a single strap rather than a strap over both shoulders seems like it would be fatiguing over a round .

Gave the bag a real test today as it rained 10/18 holes today. The bag held up quite well. Took a little adjusting going from 14 way top to 4 way top. It fit quite well on the cart with not too much movement once the strap was tightened.

IMG_9748.jpeg

In my bag:

23 hours ago, 2puttbogey said:

Range day today so got to do some walking around with it. The weight is good even with a full set, and all the stuff inside. Much easier to get clubs in and out when it’s used as a stand bag compared to on the cart. Only issue, and maybe it’s personal, but having only a single strap rather than a strap over both shoulders seems like it would be fatiguing over a round .

Yes I would agree. Not sure why they didn’t put a double strap on this bag if it’s geared towards walkers. The single strap was comfortable but unsure how it would be utilizing it for a whole round.

In my bag:

Unboxing and initial thoughts on my Sun Mountain Club Glider Travel Bag

I was quite surprised by the size of the box the Glider came in. I expected it to be a much bigger box. This tells me that golfers with limited room can fit this somewhere in their living space if it is limited. The Glider came wrapped in plastic with plastic around the glider legs. Standard stuff, or at least is should be.  Once I pulled the plastic off, I opened it up completely so that I could see what I was dealing with. The color I received was black/red/port, the port color just looked like faded red to me but then again, color in a travel has no impact on the quality of the product as most likely the bag will get dirty or damaged at some point.

This would probably be my 4 or 5th travel bag. I have had a hardcase years ago, it was flimsy but solid enough to protect my clubs, but if you were traveling or somewhere with limited space, it was hard to store it, it didn't even fit in the back of a friend of mines XTerra years ago. I had a Bag Boy brand once, had lots of padding at the top, but no protection on the bottom so after 1 trip, it had holes in the bottom of it. I also had some cheap nylon only bag years ago, it barely lasted one trip and I realized it didn't protect anything.

My current travel bag is a Club Glove, probably 7-8 years old and has held up very well, no holes in the fabric, just dirty from being loaded and unloaded from planes. The gold color really didn't avoid the dirt. My main comparison will be against my Club Glove travel bag as it is the one I am most familiar with.

resizedpreopen.jpg

resizedboxpic.jpg

Fresh out of the box with all the tags on it, most of which don't tell you much of anything.

resizedfreshoutofbox.jpg

The dogs were interested in it once I got it out and setup. You can see the legs, they seem pretty strong. When the bag is brand new you have to pull on the legs firmly to get them popped out and pull firmly to get them seated back in the plastic base as well. The one place I see a problem is on an escalator, the legs probably need to be retracted when going up or use an elevator instead, nah!

resizedshotoflegswithdog.jpg

Here are the Glider and my Club Glove next to each other.

I first compared the padding at the top of the Glider with my Club Glove. The Glider has much more padding at the top and I felt comfortable with putting my clubs in and leaving my driver head on. That being said, I do use a Stiff Arm that I have had from my Club Glove, I have always used the Stiff Arm since I bought my Club Glove and never had an issue, I am hoping it stays that way.

10/10 on padding around the top of my club area. My clubs felt plenty safe in all this padding. 

resizedpaddingcomparison.jpg

The length of the two bags are about the same, weight seemed similar, seeing as how old my Club Glove is, I don't know if the new ones are as well built or not.

8/10 Size and weight I would like to see both side pockets be the same size so I could get a par of shoes in each pocket, as it was, I could get one par in one and one shoe in the other so had to store one shoe inside the bag.

resizedsidebysidewithCG.jpg

Here is the biggest difference in the two bags from a protections standpoint, the Club Glove has the whole heavy duty plastic piece across the bottom and the wheels are recessed in the plastic. The Glider bottom doesn't come all the way around the bottom, that is just heavy duty nylon/vinyl on the bottom. Also the wheels on the Glider are out to the side and appear like they could get damaged easier in transit if some baggage handler threw it in sideways or just drug it out of the cargo bay.

6/10 for the bottom protection  I have some doubts the bottow will last a long time.

resizedbottomcomparisononside.jpg

Now here is the convenience part of the Glider that makes it the Glider, the pop out legs, they are hidden and recessed inside the protective plastic. They feel firm enough to me to hold up quite a bit of weight, unless someone sat on the bag. I didn't see any weight limit for the bag Glider wheels but it does have a nice cross member on there to keep it rigid.

9/10 Ease of use of the Club Glider pop out legs The legs are a little stiff getting out and back in but there is no doubt that they make moving the clubs around very easy. That being said, escalators and stairs can be an issue as the legs need to be popped in, they can hang up on the stairs and I always popped them in on the escaltor at the airport. For me the ease of moving this bag around the airport and hotels really made this part a win. It took a LOT of strain off my shoulder and back and I defintely need that.

resizedbottomcomparsonsittingup.jpg

Here is a shot of the booklet that came with it, it looks very dated as the picture on there doesn't appear to be a bag that would protect much IMO. I saw one of these older models on my trip, definitely didn't look as durable.

resizedsunmountainbrochure.jpg

I am now less than 2 hours from heading to the Airport to catch a direct flight to Dublin for this trip. The travel bag is fully packed with my clubs, golf shoes, some rain gear and a few other things. One thing I did notice is I couldn't get a pair of shoes in each of the pockets in the travel bag, one side was larger than the other so I could get a full pair in that pocket, 9.5 shoe size, the other pocket I could only get one shoe in and put the other shoe inside the bag. My Club Glove will only fit one shoe in each side pocket.

fullypackedlandscape.jpg.eab882f79a991b19c9e9b35de4aebb8e.jpg

One place where I think the Glider cheaped out on is the pocket to hold the owner's information. I was looking at pictures of previous models and it seemed like the pocket protected the owner information card better than this one does, if this bag is in the weather, this card will get wet as it isn't covered and protected.

4/10 owners information card holder This should really be a covered slot that protects the card from the elements, you never know when you bags are being unloaded and reloaded into the plane if they will get wet on the tarmac, especially in Ireland.

resizedOwnerTagpocket.jpg.ac0d974f960c4b42554ce46c8313da0b.jpg

Edited by hoppman
fix typos, add additional information.

Interesting, my Glub Glove was shorter when laid out than the Sun Mountain.  I may have to double check that.  It might not have been all the way flat.

Edited by "Mr. 72"

AKA Dark Horse

State of my game:  "Breaking 85" is the new "Breaking 80".

It’s now been a few rounds and practice sessions using the Matchplay bag. Things I like and don’t like so much are start to take shape.

First  the think like:

• The look. Plain due to no branding and not much in color accents, but I’ve grown to love the look. It’s classy and gives it a premium look.
  • The pockets. There are plenty for a bag designed to be carried. I was unsure of the valuables picked being split, but it’s so large that it makes sense. The magnetic pocket is awesome and all bags should have one.
  • The weight. Much lighter then my normal bag that is also a Sun Mountain carry bag.
  • Works well on a cart too. Not a hybrid style bag at all, but it fits well on a cart , and all pockets can be accessed.

The things I don’t care for:

• The top is small. My clubs have a very claustrophobic look. It’s difficult to find the club I’m looking for at times.
  • Only a 4 way divider. Maybe just a personal preference, but I like 14 way better. This could be why it feels claustrophobic to me. I understand that this saves weight, and I do like the lightness of the bag so I guess it’s a give and take situation.
  • Only having a single strap. I don’t think I will get past this one. Double straps are more comfortable and easily to carry. 

So far I do like the bag. It’s admittedly not my preferred bag style, but for what it’s intended for it’s very nice, and of great quality.

14 hours ago, 2puttbogey said:

It’s now been a few rounds and practice sessions using the Matchplay bag. Things I like and don’t like so much are start to take shape.

First  the think like:

• The look. Plain due to no branding and not much in color accents, but I’ve grown to love the look. It’s classy and gives it a premium look.
  • The pockets. There are plenty for a bag designed to be carried. I was unsure of the valuables picked being split, but it’s so large that it makes sense. The magnetic pocket is awesome and all bags should have one.
  • The weight. Much lighter then my normal bag that is also a Sun Mountain carry bag.
  • Works well on a cart too. Not a hybrid style bag at all, but it fits well on a cart , and all pockets can be accessed.

The things I don’t care for:

• The top is small. My clubs have a very claustrophobic look. It’s difficult to find the club I’m looking for at times.
  • Only a 4 way divider. Maybe just a personal preference, but I like 14 way better. This could be why it feels claustrophobic to me. I understand that this saves weight, and I do like the lightness of the bag so I guess it’s a give and take situation.
  • Only having a single strap. I don’t think I will get past this one. Double straps are more comfortable and easily to carry. 

So far I do like the bag. It’s admittedly not my preferred bag style, but for what it’s intended for it’s very nice, and of great quality.

Yes I echo the above sentiments. Bag looks really sharp and is of durable quality. The stand is very sturdy and I have had no problem with it holding its stand in a variety of positions on the course. I tried to walk 9 holes the other day and by hole 5 I was annoyed by the single strap. It just didn’t carry the load as easily as a double strap would. The pockets are surprising plentiful in a bag this small in stature.

In my bag:

Posted (edited)

Second Impressions ang Packing

Chance is questioning whether or not this bag will fit....20240630_140600.jpg.32d10ae89aeb3a717d79153dcb4e1b89.jpg

There are a few things that I didn't mention in my First Impressions post. The SMCG has two inner straps to secure the golf bag in place. One is for the bottom of the bag and the other is for the upper middle of the bag.20240630_144403.jpg.c641481d254204fc830b03d2cab80c30.jpg

The SMCG also has two outer double zipper pockets that I will use for the storage of iron covers and the shoe bags that came with My CGLB (pictures to follow).... and MAYBE dirty socks and underwear on the return trip!  ...It also has an I.D. pocket, and the nylon kind of covers/hides the zipper which probably provides a bit of protection.20240630_143219.jpg.7e055c3fc7161db3c34c6a27d31ee401.jpg20240630_143359.jpg.f9fed53e4e32d78dc4e3443128a4489b.jpg

One concern that hit me today is the material used for the top of the SMCG. With the CGLB, the 1000 Denier Nylon is used for the entire top of the bag. Sun Mountain did not do that with it's Ballistic-style nylon. The back part of the top seems to be made of a strong vinyl. If the nylon is the durability of the bag, why not place it on the part if the bag that should come in contact with the ground/floor the most.  Unfortunately, I see a lot of highly visible scuff marks in it's future.20240630_142922.jpg.371ea6ab9699a48a34104069af4d2f0c.jpg

Q: Is this travel bag big enough? A: A firm Probably!

I first want to say that Sun Mountain claims that the inclined position of the SMCG makes it easier to pack. I was skeptical of this claim, but it definitely is easier.  AND I'll appreciate this for the two or three times I have to unzip the bag to add something I forgot!

I packed three different bags into this "suitcase": Titleist Linkslegend, Sun Mountain Speedcart and Sun Mountain C-130.20240630_150716.jpg.c3c036f614b764c055bc20ca1cb29fbe.jpg20240630_150418.jpg.6317790f53a040343b7497630df8209c.jpg

With the bag, I also packed two pairs golf shoes.20240630_144011.jpg.af2b872816bc8bd040615615c2db3f58.jpg

The Linkslegend is a bag that I would take if I was going to be using a caddie for my rounds. It's the smallest bag and fits easily with the shoes sitting at the bottom on each side of the bag.20240630_142322.jpg.9c5b7daea6827a935a14cf3d23f107e1.jpg20240630_142649.jpg.594f1eeffb64841f61cfbad1fe8429b9.jpg20240630_142757.jpg.ff93605e4f56b5438418dfd3ce116f10.jpg

I pack the Speedcart bag most often because it works fine on a riding cart, and it's old and already a bit beat up. It's a bit bigger than the Linksmaster, but it fit fine as well, again with the shoes at the bottom of the bag.

I took an earlier, slightly bigger version of the C-130 in my CGLB on a golf trip many years ago, but I would never do it again. I think it's just too cumbersome for travel, and could go over the 50 lb. airline weight limit. BUT, this is a test, so let's see if the SMCG can hadle it.

I was  concerned that the the glider mechanism housing would poke into the bag,20240630_141645.jpg.21ee97860f1c61f9ea8cb33f332463a5.jpg

but the main part of this huge bag did fit between them, so no issues there. Zipping up the bag was easy. HOWEVER, this was without the shoes.  I had to find a place just below the foam padded top to pack the shoes. Zipping up the bag was now a very tight fit. I'm sure the inner straps of the SMCG serve a purpose, but they wouldn't be needed for the C-130!20240630_141814.jpg.8af38921fba5bbea321f86db21c7978f.jpg20240630_141133.jpg.0ef3b5365dbba7a4da02f4be156173d0.jpg
This bag is stuffed, but doable.

Next up:  What this travel bag is all about - The glider mechanism!

20240630_141354.jpg

20240630_140547.jpg

Edited by "Mr. 72"

AKA Dark Horse

Posted (edited)

The Glider Mechanism

Obviously, what sets the Sun Mountain ClubGlider apart from all of the other travel bags is the glider mechanism. It's a convenience that helps with packing your bag and maneuverability, but is it really that much more convenient?

In my last post I stated that having the travel bag on an incline did make packing a golf bag easier. In this post, I'm going to show how easy it is to use.

The bag doesn't come with any instruction except....20240705_131920.jpg.06965be6db2b03174b7a0193cb9f03e8.jpg

The only instructions are on the legs of the unit: pull down. It doesn't get much simpler than that!

BUT, the funny thing is that you don't pull down, you push down. They actually messed up a two word set of instructions?!  🙂  I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the ONLY person who has ever noticed that. Not many people are as anal as I am!

Don't worry, you won't be confused as common sense will take over. The beauty of the design is in its simplicity. Check out this video:

As you can see, it's stupid simple to use! It will not cause any anxiety or delays as you're handing it off to a skycap. You just have to pull out on the crossbar to move the glider back into the mold. BE CAREFUL though. I pinched my finger a bit on time. A spring tension is what holds the legs flush within the mold, and it IS taught.

If you prefer to go to an inside baggage agent, you can see how easy it is to maneuver. It can turn on a dime. I will say that the very first time I moved the bag, it tipped over.  A caster wheel was sitting perfectly in one of the grooves on my patio as I pulled it directly to the left. It was easy to stand it back upright.

There is also a big difference in the relative weight of the bag. There is a very noticeable difference in the weight of pulling the bag with the glider engaged as opposed without. You could easily move this thing around with one finger.

The top handle is in a very good position too. I'm 6' tall, and that handle is just slightly higher than where my hand naturally hangs.

The only concern would be durability. Will the spring tension remain strong over years of use? Will the legs get beat up or bent? It seems to be very sturdy and well constructed, so any concern is minimal. I did read a review in which a guy was looking for a replacement of the crossbar. One side was stripped after "20 to 25" uses. I'm not sure how that would even happen, and I think it's probably a one-off.

Next up: I'm heading to the Philly and then Baltimore for a couple of Cubs' games next week - a non-golf vaca, so my final review will most likely be next....

Does the convenience of the SMCG makes it better than the CGLB? ....🤔

Edited by "Mr. 72"

AKA Dark Horse

10 minutes ago, "Mr. 72" said:

The Glider Mechanism

Obviously, what sets the Sun Mountain ClubGlider apart from all of the other travel bags is the glider mechanism. It's a convenience that helps with packing your bag and maneuverability, but is it really that much more convenient?

In my last post I stated that having the travel bag on an incline did make packing a golf bag easier. In this post, I'm going to show how easy it is to use.

The bag doesn't come with any instruction except....20240705_131920.jpg.06965be6db2b03174b7a0193cb9f03e8.jpg

The only instructions are on the legs of the unit: pull down. It doesn't get much simpler than that!

BUT, the funny thing is that you don't pull down, you push down. They actually messed up a two word set of instructions?!  🙂  I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the ONLY person who has ever noticed that. Not many people are as anal as I am!

Don't worry, you won't be confused as common sense will take over. The beauty of the design is in its simplicity. Check out this video:

As you can see, it's stupid simple to use! It will not cause any anxiety or delays as you're handing it off to a skycap. You just have to pull out on the crossbar to move the glider back into the mold. BE CAREFUL though. I pinched my finger a bit on time. A spring tension is what holds the legs flush within the mold, and it IS taught.

If you prefer to go to an inside baggage agent, you can see how easy it is to maneuver. It can turn on a dime. I will say that the very first time I moved the bag, it tipped over.  A caster wheel was sitting perfectly in one of the grooves on my patio as I pulled it directly to the left. It was easy to stand it back upright.

There is also a big difference in the relative weight of the bag. There is a very noticeable difference in the weight of pulling the bag with the glider engaged as opposed without. You could easily move this thing around with one finger.

The top handle is in a very good position too. I'm 6' tall, and that handle is just slightly higher than where my hand naturally hangs.

The only concern would be durability. Will the spring tension remain strong over years of use? Will the legs get beat up or bent? It seems to be very sturdy and well constructed, so any concern is minimal. I did read a review in which a guy was looking for a replacement of the crossbar. One side was stripped after "20 to 25" uses. I'm not sure how that would even happen, and I think it's probably a one-off.

Next up: I'm heading to the Philly and then Baltimore for a couple of Cubs' games next week - a non-golf vaca, so my final review will most likely be next....

Does the convenience of the SMCG makes it better than the CGLB? ....🤔

Good stuff here, I would say what I have read from your review almost mirrors my review so far. My next review will be about the bag experience on my return trip and the durability of the bag in general and other observations.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64891-sun-mountain-matchplay-bag-and-travel-bag-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1090409

Posted (edited)

I have been liking the match play bag so far. For a standbag I thought it fit fairly well on the cart and also the push cart. I tried walking 9 holes a few days ago and just couldn’t get used to the single strap. Maybe that’s just a personal thing but from walking throughout my playing days in college and high school the double strap just feels better to me. For 369.99 I feel like it should have an option for double strap. But the pockets are surprising plentiful and the 4 way divide isn’t bothering me as much any more! Will continue to test with a few golf outings planned in the next 1-2 weeks!

Edited by cciciora13

In my bag:

Put the rain hood on today to see how it fit. I put my clubs in “backwards “ in the bag  because it’s easier on the cart. So I had to switch the woods and hybrid s placement  to get it on. IMG_1679.jpeg.983f58f74707328df01a76860d9b520c.jpeg

It!s a pretty snug fit.  It uses only Velcro which I liked compared to snaps. It matches well, and looks nice. I won’t be needing to use it for a few months, but I wanted to share how it looks and fits on the bag.

IMG_1680.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on the bags? They truly look stellar in the photos. How durable do you think they are and how are they for those who put a lot of crap in their bags? Enough space?

Finally weight? What do you think there is to improve overall now that it has been a little longer?

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

On 7/15/2024 at 4:06 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Any updates on the bags? They truly look stellar in the photos. How durable do you think they are and how are they for those who put a lot of crap in their bags? Enough space?

Finally weight? What do you think there is to improve overall now that it has been a little longer?

Was going to hit on it during my review. But I am really impressed with the amount of pockets. I carry arguably too much stuff and had no problem fitting it all in my bag. The weight is not much of a problem. It’s light enough to easily get out of car and carry and the handles are easy to get to.

durablity seems fine. I played a round in the rain and the duravinyl held up quite well even seemed to be water resistant.

2 things I wished it changed: 14 way divider and a double carry strap vs a single strap. 

In my bag: