Second hand golf balls

I have decided to quit buying any kind of golf ball.  I take my chances on finding quality balls on the course that are still new condition. Yes, I am selective on brand and condition of a ball and will not use an old beat up prov.  A friend works at a course and already gave me a years supply of high quality balls.  

Epic Flash

I play with 2nd hand balls 90% of the time & have no problems doing so for these reasons:

• I'm a 31 HCP & haven't broken 100 (hopefully tomorrow?) - saving 2 strokes with a new ball (hard to prove it will help) isn't worth the cost difference when I have a lot of technical work to do first.
  • I don't need a brand new ball every time I tee off. If I'm in the rough and come across a stray ball at 6 AM & sure it's not being played, I pocket it and may play it later --- most of the golfers I know do so too. Me turning my nose up at this mint quality balls from a pond would be a contradiction.
  • The conditions of these balls are in better shape than my new ball after 4-6 holes. I got 12 dozen prov1s from Rawhide golf balls - small midwest company many never heard of. From grade A to grade C, no scuffs found 3 with a minor scratch.
  • Their weight and balance is more consistent than a new cheap ball. I tested them on the scale and with a salt water test for balance points . I'm gonna lose them rapidly, might as well have a consistent performing ball that doesn't cost more than a muni green fee per dozen.
Edited by JoshsGolfQuest

I play golf to relax, reset, & ensure I'm taking time to appreciate me... & hopefully I get better one day 😆

WITB: Mix of 15 yr old clubs, yard sale finds, and slow-coming upgrades each birthday & Fathers Day.  
Driver: :cobra-small: LTDx Max
5W: :callaway-small:RAZR X Black
2h: :titleist-small:915H 17°
3h: :taylormade-small:Burner Rescue 19°
Irons: :nike-small:Victory Red Full Cavity
SW: RIVL 56°
Putter: :wilson_staff_small: Infinite West Loop

1 hour ago, JoshsGolfQuest said:

I play with 2nd hand balls 90% of the time & have no problems doing so for these reasons:

• I'm a 31 HCP & haven't broken 100 (hopefully tomorrow?) - saving 2 strokes with a new ball (hard to prove it will help) isn't worth the cost difference when I have a lot of technical work to do first.
  • I don't need a brand new ball every time I tee off. If I'm in the rough and come across a stray ball at 6 AM & sure it's not being played, I pocket it and may play it later --- most of the golfers I know do so too. Me turning my nose up at this mint quality balls from a pond would be a contradiction.
  • The conditions of these balls are in better shape than my new ball after 4-6 holes. I got 12 dozen prov1s from Rawhide golf balls - small midwest company many never heard of. From grade A to grade C, no scuffs found 3 with a minor scratch.
  • Their weight and balance is more consistent than a new cheap ball. I tested them on the scale and with a salt water test for balance points . I'm gonna lose them rapidly, might as well have a consistent performing ball that doesn't cost more than a muni green fee per dozen.

Knowing you're going to lose a lot of them, absolutely get the cheapest balls you can find. Anyone over a 20 handicap should not be using a $5 ball. They do not need the performance of a tour ball. Once you get that handicap down to below 15 and you learn how to work the ball, you will probably need to reconsider your choice. A good rule of thumb, if you can hit more than 3 of the 9 ball flights on command, you need a better ball.  I hope you break 100 tomorrow also! I'll wait for the day you can say you played a round with 1 ball! Good luck

Incredible recovery shots are set up by an equally incredible miss.

D-    Cobra Aerojet 8.0 Hzrdus Blue S.

FW-  Callaway Mavrik 3&5 wood

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Callaway Epic forged E19 4-GW

Taylormade MG 3 56 degree 10 bounce (personal grind to 6 degrees or so)

Cameron Furtura F5r  / Odessey Ai One Three T

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

14 minutes ago, Mike10487 said:

Knowing you're going to lose a lot of them, absolutely get the cheapest balls you can find. Anyone over a 20 handicap should not be using a $5 ball. They do not need the performance of a tour ball. Once you get that handicap down to below 15 and you learn how to work the ball, you will probably need to reconsider your choice. A good rule of thumb, if you can hit more than 3 of the 9 ball flights on command, you need a better ball.  I hope you break 100 tomorrow also! I'll wait for the day you can say you played a round with 1 ball! Good luck

... I really like all "serious" golfers to play a premium ball. Doesn't have to be a tour ball, can be a good Ionomer covered ball or a Snell 2.0. Those over a 20 handicap will understand how their balls react, especially with their short game and as they improve they don't have to re-learn their game with a different ball. I think the Kirkland V3 at $14 a dozen are a no brainer. Sure at that level there will be chunks and bladed chips as much or more than a ball that spins and stops like intended, so even though I agree with conventional wisdom of playing one ball, any premium ball should do just fine. That said, chipping with a found Titleist Velocity or a Vice Pro might produce very different results and hold back the ability to understand their short game capabilities.  

... I would add would a 20+ handicap would benefit from playing all their irons with the same shaft as opposed to a DGx100 in their 8 iron, a Nippon 950GH HT in their 9 iron and a Recoil Dart 65 in their 7 iron. Balls aren't quite as different in performance but they are different producing different results so taking that out of the equation is always a good idea. Of course if they are just playing for fun, don't practice and are just happy to be on the course, pretty much any ball will do. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

There are alot of sweeping generalizations here that don't distinguish between recycled and refinished balls and jump to the conclusion you are getting balls that have been in ponds for years if you buy used.  Those just don't measure up.  I play balls from lostgolfballs.com frequently along with new balls like the Maxfli's and if you get the 4 or 5 star used balls (and not the refinished balls) they work great.  I can't tell any difference.  At 3 stars or less, yes I tried them once, they look used and I have doubts.

But I'm getting 4 star 2021 Pro V1s for $20 to 25 or 5 star for $30.  That is a pretty good savings.  

31 minutes ago, PLS said:

There are alot of sweeping generalizations here that don't distinguish between recycled and refinished balls and jump to the conclusion you are getting balls that have been in ponds for years if you buy used.  Those just don't measure up.  I play balls from lostgolfballs.com frequently along with new balls like the Maxfli's and if you get the 4 or 5 star used balls (and not the refinished balls) they work great.  I can't tell any difference.  At 3 stars or less, yes I tried them once, they look used and I have doubts.

But I'm getting 4 star 2021 Pro V1s for $20 to 25 or 5 star for $30.  That is a pretty good savings.  

... Here is the thing for many of us. We know Maxfli Tours, ProV1's, TP5x's and every other premium ball have gone through quality control before being put in boxes and shipped out to be sold. We know they didn't sit in the trunk of a car in AZ with 110+ temperatures for 6 months or while looking brand new they were sitting at the bottom of a frozen lake In Minnesota for a year. We don't know where Recycled balls came from, how long they were there or what conditions they were subject to.

... I wanna know when I am trying to carry the lake in front of the 17th drivable par 4, if I come up short of the 230yd carry, it was my swing and driver contact not my golf ball. And if just 1 out of 12 react differently, that is enough for me not to trust them. I don't even trust golf balls I find on the course because again I just don't know where they came from. Below is a picture of balls I found just this spring and as always, I will donate them to the 1st Tee Program. Many of them look brand new. 

... There is obviously a market for Recycled balls and if they work for you that's cool too. 

LostBalls.JPG.bb210283f3745d293e6a8352498d2d6e.JPG

23 hours ago, Chas c said:

I've been sourcing from clean green golf balls, just getting the 'near mint' grade and they have all been fantastic. I've found one or two (out of the 8 dozen I've ordered) that had very minor nearly imperceptible imperfections (probably only been hit once before judging by most of them), but the rest have been, to my eye, undistinguishable from new balls. No discoloration, the covers feel super grippy, etc. With the regular discounts, you can get these near-mint grade for less than a dollar a ball. A video review gets a 40% off code, so you're talking 60 CENTS per ball. Maybe once I get better and stop losing 6 balls a round I'll switch to new, but I'm quite pleased with the value.

A friend of mine turned me onto FB and I have had great success with them.  I usually buy the near mint and they seem to perform quite well.  But, of course, I was using Wilson Zips before and liked those too....so my opinion may be suspect.  I prefer Callaway Supersofts right now and the used market makes them affordable for me.  I cannot imagine paying $60 a dozen time after time.  Personally, I have played well with the Zips, as mentioned, Nasty ole Nitro balls, Titech Beta, Top-flite Bombs, etc.  I am quite pleased with the performance of the balls from FB and have compared them to new Supersofts and can find little difference.  

However, I do not play ProV1s or the like.  Tried 'em.  Didn't like 'em.  For my style of play the balls mentioned above have proven to be quite adequate.  

Cobra LTDx one-length 6-SW

Cobra Aerojet 2,3,4,5 Hybrids--85g stiff shafts

Cobra F8 10.5* Driver 

Cleveland CBX 58* Wedge

Ping Anser2 G2 putter

Dedicated Walker

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... Here is the thing for many of us. We know Maxfli Tours, ProV1's, TP5x's and every other premium ball have gone through quality control before being put in boxes and shipped out to be sold. We know they didn't sit in the trunk of a car in AZ with 110+ temperatures for 6 months or while looking brand new they were sitting at the bottom of a frozen lake In Minnesota for a year. We don't know where Recycled balls came from, how long they were there or what conditions they were subject to.

... I wanna know when I am trying to carry the lake in front of the 17th drivable par 4, if I come up short of the 230yd carry, it was my swing and driver contact not my golf ball. And if just 1 out of 12 react differently, that is enough for me not to trust them. I don't even trust golf balls I find on the course because again I just don't know where they came from. Below is a picture of balls I found just this spring and as always, I will donate them to the 1st Tee Program. Many of them look brand new. 

... There is obviously a market for Recycled balls and if they work for you that's cool too. 

LostBalls.JPG.bb210283f3745d293e6a8352498d2d6e.JPG

First, all of the balls you have recommended minus some of the Pro V1s are produced in Asia so they are shipped in containers by boat and in the backs of non-climate controlled trucks where they are at times subjected to extreme temperatures. I asked Dean Snell about permanent effects to balls subjected to extreme temperatures and he said there was no concern as long as the ball returns to a normal temperature range before being put into play. 

The bolded statement is ironic given your Kirkland recommendation since the MGS Ball Lab found it to be one of the worst balls to date from a weight, diameter, and compression consistency standpoint. 

Edited by storm319

Driver:  Titleist TS2 9.5

Fairway:  Tour Edge CB4 Tour 16.5 

Irons:  Titleist 690.CB 3-PW

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 56

Putter:  Odyssey Works Versa 1W

Ball:  Vice Pro Plus

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

Comparing initial launch conditions for an insignificant number of shots by a human is flimsy at best (not to mention the Kirkland was 3.5 mph slower off his driver than the Pro V1x which is huge).

Is there maybe a reason that you didn’t reference the 2023 MGS Ball Test? 😉 

8 minutes ago, storm319 said:

... I have always said I think MGS test are just starting points. V3 spins too much for me and I do have concerns about consistency even if it didn't. But my 82 yr old playing pard gained 10yds going to the V3 as the spin keeps the ball in the air longer for him. He has never read a MGS ball test or any other ball test, but he loves the Kirkland and very rarely misses a fairway.  As does one of my pards wife that plays with us one or twice a week and won't play anything else. 

15 hours ago, PLS said:

You have to do what makes you feel best for you and your game. Yes, there is savings over a new Pro V. There are many DTC ball suppliers ( Seed, Vice, Maxfli, Snell, Kirkland etc.) out there now that play just as well as a Pro V for the cost of a recycled Pro V or less. When I'm standing over the ball on 18 in a tournament or cash game, I want it to be all on me, not my equipment. Which is why I pay for new balls. I use the Maxfli Tour and Tour X because of the "value". When they go on sale 4 doz for $99, I buy them. I get equal performance numbers as a pro V and at the price of a 4 or 5 star recycled, without worrying about it. I am not knocking anyone for buying a recycled ball.  NOW, Refinished is an absolute NO!!!!! May I ask, what's your handicap? I'm noticing a trend that ****MOST****used ball buyers are over a 10 and tend to play noncompetitive golf. A lot of this decision depends on the type of golfer. With the prices of playing golf today, I am all for saving a buck here or there. It all boils down to the determined "value" from the guy holding the wallet. 

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

10 hours ago, chisag said:

... I have always said I think MGS test are just starting points. V3 spins too much for me and I do have concerns about consistency even if it didn't. But my 82 yr old playing pard gained 10yds going to the V3 as the spin keeps the ball in the air longer for him. He has never read a MGS ball test or any other ball test, but he loves the Kirkland and very rarely misses a fairway.  As does one of my pards wife that plays with us one or twice a week and won't play anything else. 

No "one" ball fits every player. Thats why I laugh when I see the Pro V being recommended to a 30 handicap with 81 mph clubhead speed. Titleist TV commercials have said that the Pro V fits every player. Why do they make 10 different balls if the Pro V fits everyone? The Kirkland would play for them just fine or better than Pro V. The Kirkland spins way too much for my liking as well. But it has its place for some players needing increased spin. 

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

10 hours ago, storm319 said:

Comparing initial launch conditions for an insignificant number of shots by a human is flimsy at best (not to mention the Kirkland was 3.5 mph slower off his driver than the Pro V1x which is huge).

If you will go back to further, MGS ball tests found the previous version of the Kirkland to be much better that the latest. They have had several posts or articles saying "do not buy this ball". If I remember correctly the 2021 or 2022 version compared extremely well with the Pro V and caused quite a stir in the ball market. 

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

2 hours ago, Mike10487 said:

If you will go back to further, MGS ball tests found the previous version of the Kirkland to be much better that the latest. They have had several posts or articles saying "do not buy this ball". If I remember correctly the 2021 or 2022 version compared extremely well with the Pro V and caused quite a stir in the ball market. 

I think you may be referring to the OG 4-piece Kirkland Tour Performance that was made in the Nassau factory (also hasn’t been readily available for years).

All of the SM Parker produced 3-piece Performance+ versions have been among the spiniest balls on the market and not particularly consistent (with that said, still a good value given that it is priced less than many 2-piece ionomer covered balls on the market). 

I have never used them after reading all of the articles on used balls I could find. I have discovered the MaxFli Tours, Snell 3.0’s, and the Taylormade Tour Response. These are my go to balls, and whenever I feel like treating myself, I will reach for the Taylormade TP5, but only if I can find a deal. I have also been thoroughly impressed with EnCore’s Vero 2 ball and their B2G1F deals are hard to beat for the quality of the ball. 

Second hand golf balls, just like every piece of golf equipment has a time, place, and user in mind. I have young twin boys that are just getting in to golf and dropping $50 on a dozen balls for each of them is a hard pill to swallow. Seeing someone selling a milk crate of used balls for $20… these boys will have more fun than anything with them!! Taking the stress away from them of worrying about expensive equipment and value of what’s in their bags helps them enjoy the game more, if they duff a $0.25 golf ball in to the woods it’s no big deal cause they know there’s 200 more in the garage. Being able to get them to enjoy the game playing second hand clubs and second hand balls is a joy. All that being said… I’m not playing a second hand ball… but if I’m OB and I see your ProV1 sitting there, my boys say thanks 😉.

-Canadian golfer

I can appreciate the negative sentiment towards used golf balls.  I live near a golf course and collect about 10,000 used balls each year.  We sell them and donate all of the money to charities.  I know this doesn't make me an expert, but I will share my opinions.

I separate scuffed and waterlogged balls and sell 30 for $5.  These are mostly for beginner golfers or someone trying to fill their ball hopper.  These are not for playing a round for any intermediate or advanced golfer.

All other balls are sold at 50% or more off new prices.  These are generally pretty high-quality balls (you will have to trust my integrity).  I am a 15 handicap (mostly because one bad shot in the rough leads to two more bad shots out of the rough) and feel any age or usage degradation from the ball would be so minimal it would not affect my aim.  Whether the ball goes 150 yards, or 152 yards is more based on the quality of my swing.

Don't give used balls too bad a stigma.  Unless you are a ten (five?) handicap or lower, I can almost guarantee you will not notice a difference.  I will not vouge for any of the websites, but if the local kids pull some balls out of the rough, you can tell pretty easily whether these are good balls just by looking at them.

Willie or won't he?

7 minutes ago, Willie L said:

I can appreciate the negative sentiment towards used golf balls.  I live near a golf course and collect about 10,000 used balls each year.  We sell them and donate all of the money to charities.  I know this doesn't make me an expert, but I will share my opinions.

I separate scuffed and waterlogged balls and sell 30 for $5.  These are mostly for beginner golfers or someone trying to fill their ball hopper.  These are not for playing a round for any intermediate or advanced golfer.

All other balls are sold at 50% or more off new prices.  These are generally pretty high-quality balls (you will have to trust my integrity).  I am a 15 handicap (mostly because one bad shot in the rough leads to two more bad shots out of the rough) and feel any age or usage degradation from the ball would be so minimal it would not affect my aim.  Whether the ball goes 150 yards, or 152 yards is more based on the quality of my swing.

Don't give used balls too bad a stigma.  Unless you are a ten (five?) handicap or lower, I can almost guarantee you will not notice a difference.  I will not vouge for any of the websites, but if the local kids pull some balls out of the rough, you can tell pretty easily whether these are good balls just by looking at them.

... Good stuff. 👍 I find about 500 or so a year and donate them all to First Tee. A personal charity cause is probably even more rewarding. Also good points on index levels as well as experience. Playing to a + index I want to be absolutely sure my results are swing related and not equipment related. And as I have stated, I start every round with a new ball, unless I lost a ball or had one damaged and the ball I finished my round with still looks almost new. But the desert takes a toll on golf balls and it is just part of the cost of playing year round. 

... I would also add while I stand by my negative opinions of used balls, I do not take any umbrage with those that choose to use them not would I try and talk them out of the preferred personal choices. As you mentioned there are plenty of reasons to be perfectly happy with used balls and as always You Do You. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2024 at 7:10 AM, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Both are still a ball salvaged from somewhere after an unknown period of time. Not that hard to understand.  That’s why they are the same to me. Obviously some are refinished/refurbished and some are just used but that doesn’t change my statement above. 

Not discrediting your points @GolfSpy_BNG , but have you put any used balls to the test recently? Or is your stance purely that new balls will always on average be better. If so, I can’t argue at all. 

I’m curious because in theory, we are all playing “used balls” after a few holes…right? If somehow we were able to take out the water variable I’m curious where everyone would stand.

Would love to see a test of ~100 or so 5A and 4A premium balls from a lost golf balls.com or similar.

WITB:

• Driver: TaylorMade M4 - D-Type
  • 3 Wood: Adams Golf Tight Lies
  • 4 Hybrid: Callaway X-Hot
  • 4-9 Iron: Callaway XR Pro
  • 46*: Cleveland 588 RTX CB
  • 52*: Cleveland 588 RRX CB
  • 56*: Cleveland 588 RTX CB
  • 60*: Cleveland 588 RTX
  • Putter: Odyssey O-Works 1W
  • Ball: Bridgestone Tour BX

13 minutes ago, SamShutes said:

I’m curious because in theory, we are all playing “used balls” after a few holes…right? If somehow we were able to take out the water variable I’m curious where everyone would stand.

... That of course is the issue. We can't take any variables out of the equation. Whether a new ball hit once sat in water for a year, or a car in Phoenix for a summer when temps are over 110* and way hotter in a trunk or a shed in Minnesota for an entire winter. With so many offerings at $30 or less and some insane bargains if you want to stock up, I don't know why anyone would take a chance on used balls. I get some that say they are too inconsistent for a ball to make a difference and Kirklands at 4 dozen for under $70 or Snell 2.0's at 4 dozen for under $100 and finally Maxfli Tours at 4 dozen for under $110 seems like bargain enough. And I haven't touched on surlyn covered balls that can be under $20 a dozen or Ionomer covered balls like the Srixon Q Star Tours in yellow my partner bought at 4 dozen for $70. 

... But in the end it's your money and you can spend it however you want. 😇

46 minutes ago, chisag said:

... That of course is the issue. We can't take any variables out of the equation. Whether a new ball hit once sat in water for a year, or a car in Phoenix for a summer when temps are over 110* and way hotter in a trunk or a shed in Minnesota for an entire winter. With so many offerings at $30 or less and some insane bargains if you want to stock up, I don't know why anyone would take a chance on used balls. I get some that say they are too inconsistent for a ball to make a difference and Kirklands at 4 dozen for under $70 or Snell 2.0's at 4 dozen for under $100 and finally Maxfli Tours at 4 dozen for under $110 seems like bargain enough. And I haven't touched on surlyn covered balls that can be under $20 a dozen or Ionomer covered balls like the Srixon Q Star Tours in yellow my partner bought at 4 dozen for $70. 

... But in the end it's your money and you can spend it however you want. 😇

Have you played any “used” balls? 

WITB:

1 hour ago, SamShutes said:

Not discrediting your points @GolfSpy_BNG , but have you put any used balls to the test recently? Or is your stance purely that new balls will always on average be better. If so, I can’t argue at all. 

Would love to see a test of ~100 or so 5A and 4A premium balls from a lost golf balls.com or similar.

I have played used balls from online stores as my BIL plays them often.   For me as Sam mentioned above the variables can not be taken out. There will always be unknowns with all golf balls but used balls especially.

There are always good deals to be had on new balls that are good performers. 

I believe people can play what they want and spend their money however they want but for me I’ll always play new and replace any ball with a mark on it that I think can affect performance. 

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges:    :mizuno-small: T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

2 minutes ago, SamShutes said:

Have you played any “used” balls? 

... I never have bought or played used balls. I start every round with a new ball and playing 4 to 5 times week that adds up and the reason I take advantage of deals when they are offered. After 2 cubes of Maxfli Tour X's, a buy 3 get one free for the new TP5x and 2 dozen ProV1's I received at an outing along with two dozen Chrome Tours (Dragon and Setter editions) when I had Callaway credit I needed to use, I am set for awhile. 

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I never have bought or played used balls. I start every round with a new ball and playing 4 to 5 times week that adds up and the reason I take advantage of deals when they are offered. After 2 cubes of Maxfli Tour X's, a buy 3 get one free for the new TP5x and 2 dozen ProV1's I received at an outing along with two dozen Chrome Tours (Dragon and Setter editions) when I had Callaway credit I needed to use, I am set for awhile. 

Fair enough! For the love of science, I think a player such as yourself who always plays knew should buy 1 dozen 5A balls from lostgolfballs.com and report back!

WITB:

8 minutes ago, SamShutes said:

Fair enough! For the love of science, I think a player such as yourself who always plays knew should buy 1 dozen 5A balls from lostgolfballs.com and report back!

... Haha I failed science in high school. 😉  But not gonna happen as I really have no interest in used golf balls. I probably have 3 dozen premium ProV1's, Vice Pro, Chrome Soft and several others I have found on the course and will donate them to the First tee program. 

My 13 y/o son swears by his found balls.  He calls his favourite spots to find these lightly used balls honey holes.  On our course there are a couple of spots where many even the best golfers can lose a stray ball, so it can be a great spot to find lightly used Pro V1s with nice unique marking schemes that usually signify lightly used high quality golf balls.  At his skill level, I doubt he can tell a used vs new ball, since they are not water logged.

Interestingly at Japanese golf courses, driving ranges all use found used golf balls.  Which is a great way to recycle used golf balls found on the course.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User