Exputt RG - 2024 Forum Review

42 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Why don’t you consider the white lines on the mat to be an acceptable target?  

I was thinking that where I placed the paper for the picture was center cut and gives you a larger target, the white lines are good but I wanted to see if the paper I was using would help pushes and pulls.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

8 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

I was thinking that where I placed the paper for the picture was center cut and gives you a larger target, the white lines are good but I wanted to see if the paper I was using would help pushes and pulls.

Putting one there would be your choice.   I’d prefer not to have one since the system reports on pushes And pulls and I won’t have that kind of target when I get on a course.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I've been running through the analysis mode when I get a chance to putt without my kids wanting to get in on the action like this:

IMG_1503.jpeg

While she's getting better, I sort of don't need her misses mixed in with my misses in my trending stats. 🤣

I still enjoy the practice/analysis mode the most.  I've played a few 9 hole rounds alone and with the kids and don't love trying to read the green when the grid doesn't extend all the way to the hole.  

But the practice/analysis mode has been awesome.  It's what I want to get out of practice time.  Can I roll it along my intended line, and can I judge the distance well.  

Speaking of which, I'm finally starting to get used to the 30-50 footers.

IMG_1708.jpeg

This session was really good outside of the first putt, which happened to be a 43 footer to start.

Looking at my recent trends, I am consistent on the 0-15 footers.  I feel that I am in a position to make every putt in that range here. 

IMG_1709.jpeg

For Medium putts I'll make a few of those while practicing and haven't really seen a strong left or right side miss.  I'm generally within .7 degrees left or right with an occasional bigger miss.  

Long putts, getting better but man sometimes I hit one that just goes forever. haha. I still find those to be the hardest to visualize in my head but I'm sure i'm not alone there.  

I wish there was a dashboard or some more interactive views of your progress.  Something on-line where you could click into sessions, review more metrics and just generally expand on the offering would be a cool next step.  

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

ExPutt 20ft practice 9/12/2024

So I got in some practice this evening on the ExPutt, I rolled 50 putts all from 20ft, my overall make percentage was 42% (21 out of 50) for this session.

I blew a few well past the hole, a couple short but most of the misses were within 2ft. Lip outs a few even a 360* lip out.

My putting continues to improve at a steady pace, I continue to cut across the putts right to left (not as bad) and barely leave the face open at impact, however I'm rolling the ball well and most of the time on line except when I go brain dead.

I was talking with @Rob Person on Instagram video chat, I wanted to show him the ExPutt in action, So as I set up my session for tonight I rolled the first putt one handed with my New Mission Putter, while holding the iPad so Rob could check it out and in it went dead center from 20ft. So he can confirm the 1 handed success. 😃🤩

Here are a couple pictures of the results tonight.

20240912_230341.jpg.22b69c5343a1130e33c2b82b0f596146.jpg

20240912_230413.jpg.22aa00754844a1563ef6dc8da0842335.jpg

puttmakes.JPG.6de07584f1b88ca2d4af1990b2c06f80.JPG

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I've been running through the analysis mode when I get a chance to putt without my kids wanting to get in on the action like this:

IMG_1503.jpeg

While she's getting better, I sort of don't need her misses mixed in with my misses in my trending stats. 🤣

I still enjoy the practice/analysis mode the most.  I've played a few 9 hole rounds alone and with the kids and don't love trying to read the green when the grid doesn't extend all the way to the hole.  

But the practice/analysis mode has been awesome.  It's what I want to get out of practice time.  Can I roll it along my intended line, and can I judge the distance well.  

IMG_1708.jpeg

This session was really good outside of the first putt, which happened to be a 43 footer to start.

Looking at my recent trends, I am consistent on the 0-15 footers.  I feel that I am in a position to make every putt in that range here. 

IMG_1709.jpeg

For Medium putts I'll make a few of those while practicing and haven't really seen a strong left or right side miss.  I'm generally within .7 degrees left or right with an occasional bigger miss.  

Long putts, getting better but man sometimes I hit one that just goes forever. haha. I still find those to be the hardest to visualize in my head but I'm sure i'm not alone there.  

I wish there was a dashboard or some more interactive views of your progress.  Something on-line where you could click into sessions, review more metrics and just generally expand on the offering would be a cool next step.  

@GolfSpy_BOS Stats are looking good, mine were all over the place starting out but finally getting fine tuned, I agree that something is needed to break down each session or even a review of each putt weather the stroke was pushed or pulled, face angle and then even maybe accumulative tracking of ball speed per putt. 

I have been doing well up to 10ft then from 10 to 15 I get wonkie ... don't know why then from 15 on up to the 50footers I do relatively well with distance and direction.

Maybe when your daughter is going to practice with you create a separate log in so it wont alter your progress and you both can still have fun.

Is the Lab putter working well for you?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

7 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

@GolfSpy_BOS Stats are looking good, mine were all over the place starting out but finally getting fine tuned, I agree that something is needed to break down each session or even a review of each putt weather the stroke was pushed or pulled, face angle and then even maybe accumulative tracking of ball speed per putt. 

I have been doing well up to 10ft then from 10 to 15 I get wonkie ... don't know why then from 15 on up to the 50footers I do relatively well with distance and direction.

Maybe when your daughter is going to practice with you create a separate log in so it wont alter your progress and you both can still have fun.

Is the Lab putter working well for you?

She insists we take turns. Haha

I get the long ones and she gets the short ones. Unless she wants that one too. Then I get to go when she says it’s my turn!

the LAB is working really well. I’ve always been a player with a feeling of “dead hands” and not trying to manipulate them so maybe I’m predisposed to enjoying torque free putting. 
The on-course confidence over those mid-range putts is insane. 

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

6 hours ago, buckpillar said:

ExPutt 20ft practice 9/12/2024

So I got in some practice this evening on the ExPutt, I rolled 50 putts all from 20ft, my overall make percentage was 42% (21 out of 50) for this session.

I blew a few well past the hole, a couple short but most of the misses were within 2ft. Lip outs a few even a 360* lip out.

My putting continues to improve at a steady pace, I continue to cut across the putts right to left (not as bad) and barely leave the face open at impact, however I'm rolling the ball well and most of the time on line except when I go brain dead.

I was talking with @Rob Person on Instagram video chat, I wanted to show him the ExPutt in action, So as I set up my session for tonight I rolled the first putt one handed with my New Mission Putter, while holding the iPad so Rob could check it out and in it went dead center from 20ft. So he can confirm the 1 handed success. 😃🤩

Here are a couple pictures of the results tonight.

20240912_230341.jpg.22b69c5343a1130e33c2b82b0f596146.jpg

20240912_230413.jpg.22aa00754844a1563ef6dc8da0842335.jpg

puttmakes.JPG.6de07584f1b88ca2d4af1990b2c06f80.JPG

It was cool to see it in action! That putter is sweet looking too!

I did ask a couple of odd questions. I will ask them here too. Some may have been answered already...

1. Are you able to use ANY mat to extend the range (longer rollout mats? 

2. Could you use this setup to chip onto and get accurate results and feedback from the sensor?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

IMG_1503.jpeg

IMG_1708.jpeg

IMG_1709.jpeg

You could set up a second user for her 🙂

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

4 hours ago, Rob Person said:

It was cool to see it in action! That putter is sweet looking too!

I did ask a couple of odd questions. I will ask them here too. Some may have been answered already...

1. Are you able to use ANY mat to extend the range (longer rollout mats? 

2. Could you use this setup to chip onto and get accurate results and feedback from the sensor?

@Rob Person Great questions, after we talked last night, I placed a cut out of a circle the size of the ball and placed it in the ready position area, I then tried a few chips from about 4 feet beyond the mat, to my surprise the ExPutt picked up the chip shot and rolled out on the tv as it would on the course. Only thing I would be worried about is the durability of the bumper with repeated hard collisions from the chips.

I know it was hard to see on the chat, but there are different colored squares all over the mat, ever so slight color differences which we thought was intentional so that the sensor could collect all the data from each putt. Maybe with a longer mat the ExPutt sensor could capture the stroke, face angle, speed and direction data better.

Testers- Have any of you placed a micro SD card into the sensor?     I have, I'm just wondering if the ExPutt is used without the SD card would it continue to track your stats?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

On 9/11/2024 at 12:56 PM, cnosil said:

Putting one there would be your choice.   I’d prefer not to have one since the system reports on pushes And pulls and I won’t have that kind of target when I get on a course.  

@cnosil did some testing on this visual aide idea, the sensor still reports the push and pulls from what I have found, adding an additional spot to putt too may help golfers correct their strokes, On the course after I get my line I pick a spot out in front of me on the intended line and mentally imagine the ball hitting the spot, I have done this for many years(too many to count) and it is part of my routine.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

14 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

@cnosil did some testing on this visual aide idea, the sensor still reports the push and pulls from what I have found, adding an additional spot to putt too may help golfers correct their strokes, On the course after I get my line I pick a spot out in front of me on the intended line and mentally imagine the ball hitting the spot, I have done this for many years(too many to count) and it is part of my routine.

I pick a spot in front of my ball as well which is why I said use the spots on the surface itself.   My spot is small, close to the ball, and not ball width.  For me a spot on the bumpers would be useless.  

Sorry about not being clear on the push/pull point.  If you don’t have the ball perfectly centered in the read zone you might get inconsistent results if you always aim at the tape.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

59 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I pick a spot in front of my ball as well which is why I said use the spots on the surface itself.   My spot is small, close to the ball, and not ball width.  For me a spot on the bumpers would be useless.  

Sorry about not being clear on the push/pull point.  If you don’t have the ball perfectly centered in the read zone you might get inconsistent results if you always aim at the tape.   

Good point about centering the ball in the ready zone

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

ExPutt 30ft Practice 9/13/24 (2 sessions)

Got to roll 2 sessions of 30ft putts last night, both rounds had 50 putts each. first round I made 8 out of 50 for a 16% make rate and the second round I made 11 out of 50 for a 22% make rate with a total for the 2 round of a 19% make rate.

Distance was not an issue, as I was consistent rolling close to the hole, with the exception of a few short ones and then a long one that didn't even think about looking into the hole. 

The issue I was having was adjusting direction and then seems grip pressure may have been a problem, I would burn the edge on the left then the right, I would double check stance, ball position in the stance, make an extra effort to put a good stroke on the putt but it seemed for not. Grip pressure helped some as I tried to combat the left right misses with changing grip pressure, it did help some but I got to figure it out. 

The ExPutt will have a big part helping with the process, immediate feedback and visual motion will be key factors in helping me correct some of my flaws.

ExPutt has been great with the analysis and constant feedback in all modes when playing or practicing. 

I didn't get a photo of the first round results but here are the setup and second round.

20240913_203232.jpg.824102d4785589cb34ba254e972792dd.jpg

20240913_211748.jpg.00aa5332eec1154a6845c40739e7a915.jpg

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Exputt is paying off.  Knocked three more putting strokes off my 9 hole round today. My distance putting was money today. Had multiple long putts of 30+ feet that I stopped within a foot of the cup for an easy tap in and had several holes that I was able to one putt on. 

When using the Exputt I spend some time each day practicing distance control on a flat green and making that muscle memory. I also spend some time each practice reading greens and getting use to breaks. 

Edited by Wolfstrum

Switch hitter, RH Driver, LH Irons

Callaway Mavrik Driver (RH)

Sub 70 3i Driving/Utility iron (LH)

Maltby STi2 4i-PW, GW (LH)

Mizuno MP R Series 52 degree 

Wilson Jim Ferrier Signature SW (LH)

Mizuno TP Mills blade putter (LH)

One small challenge I noticed with the mat is that it can be skew and cause flaws due to the flexibility of the material. Occasionally I’ve had days where it seems like I hit the middle of the foma block but it’s reporting a push or pull. Then I check the mat and notice the edge is slightly curved. It’s not a big concern, just something to check occasionally if the floor is slippery and it can move easily.

Edited by MissionMan

GT2 10° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 60  
GT2 16.5° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 70
TSR2 18° HZRDUS Black 6.0 4G 
2 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
4 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Grip Master Tour Wrap Grips
Garmin Z30

7 hours ago, MissionMan said:

One small challenge I noticed with the mat is that it can be skew and cause flaws due to the flexibility of the material. Occasionally I’ve had days where it seems like I hit the middle of the foma block but it’s reporting a push or pull. Then I check the mat and notice the edge is slightly curved. It’s not a big concern, just something to check occasionally if the floor is slippery and it can move easily.

I think the push and pulls are determined with in a few inches at impact, the sensor has already grabbed the data and processed it, then reads the speed and determined distances 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

19 hours ago, MissionMan said:

I haven't had an issue like that yet, I always check each time I start the ExPutt while it is syncing I make sure it is equal in the onscreen visual to the best I can without breaking out a T square .. 🤣

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

13 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

I haven't had an issue like that yet, I always check each time I start the ExPutt while it is syncing I make sure it is equal in the onscreen visual to the best I can without breaking out a T square .. 🤣

I’ve exaggerated it here to make it obvious. I think it’s because I have quite a slippery floor. I think the flexibility of the mat makes it possible. 

As I said, not a big issue, but if it are aiming at lines in the mat, it will cause a push or pull. Just means I need to check it occasionally. 

IMG_4094.jpeg.9e58aeacfbc68aaaf1022cc960b2f549.jpeg

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

28 minutes ago, MissionMan said:

I’ve exaggerated it here to make it obvious. I think it’s because I have quite a slippery floor. I think the flexibility of the mat makes it possible. 

As I said, not a big issue, but if it are aiming at lines in the mat, it will cause a push or pull. Just means I need to check it occasionally. 

IMG_4094.jpeg.9e58aeacfbc68aaaf1022cc960b2f549.jpeg

I aee the point, good example

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

What about adding a floor "grip tape" or pad, at the end to secure it a little better?  

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

21 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

What about adding a floor "grip tape" or pad, at the end to secure it a little better?  

Yeah, I think it's something I may do. The alternative is one of those non-slip mats you put under bath mats. 

I could also add some tape to the floor as a line marker. I have some very fine tape that wouldn't be that noticeable.

Edited by MissionMan

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

1 hour ago, MissionMan said:

Yeah, I think it's something I may do. The alternative is one of those non-slip mats you put under bath mats. 

I could also add some tape to the floor as a line marker. I have some very fine tape that wouldn't be that noticeable.

Painters tape may be good for that

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

@Rob Person The bottom of the mat is a like a rubber base for the fabric, very little tackiness to keep it from moving, the tape idea is great. I will have to try it on the plexiglass I have under my mat.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

34 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

@Rob Person The bottom of the mat is a like a rubber base for the fabric, very little tackiness to keep it from moving, the tape idea is great. I will have to try it on the plexiglass I have under my mat.

I also found an alignment stick was the perfect length to check the edge was straight

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

Just now, MissionMan said:

I also found an alignment stick was the perfect length to check the edge was straight

Good idea, just got to make sure that it is square coming off the bumper at a 90* angle running the full length.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

I had a Big golf weekend—81 holes over 3 days. Each course had very different greens, so that made it quite challenging. Day 1, the greens were the most difficult I have played all year. They were crazy fast, and there were absolutely insane amounts of break on every putt. There were no straight putts on the course. Day 2 was much more manageable, and I putted decently. Day 3 was just 9 with my 3-year-old... let's just say not the most focused, but I still putted fine. 

How EXPUTT impacted that: Overall, it allowed me to adapt to speed a little better between courses and rounds. The biggest hindrance was likely my green reading, which although Exputt doesn't intend to try to improve, caused a bit of a false mental state, knowing I was putting often and my putting should "improve," but if I can't read the great, it really won't matter.

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver