I’m not one to buy the newest clubs and am always on the lookout for deals on clubs that I know are good performers.

Driver-Callaway Paradym 10.5 Aldila Ascent 40R. I was playing a Mavrick and ran across another at Playitagain real cheap. Then Callaway preowned had a sale on the Paradym and the trade in for the two Mavricks was more than I could get on eBay so I paid $42 for a like new driver.

Fairways- Callaway Rouge ST Max 3,5 Cypher 50 5.0. Ran across these at Playitagain when they had 30% off every thing. They were were brand new! Paid $80 ea . Was worried about the senior shafts but love them.

Hybrids- Cobra Biocell 3-4,4-5 Reg. Again stumbled across at playitagain for $15 ea. love the adjustment factor.

Irons- Nike Vrs Forged NSPro Reg. I had bought a set of Nike irons based on feel when I finally left blades. Then I won a radio contest to play in a scramble with some lessons at a nearby course. The pro was a Nike guy and let me hit these and I was sold. Feel of a blade, forgiveness and distance of cavity. I had hip replacement and while recovering I scoured eBay and found a set for $325 when PGA was selling for $1300, still in plastic except a 5 iron.

Wedges Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56,60 Mid KBS - Sports Authority clearance for $45 ea. couldn’t pass up and love them. 

Putter- Odyssey OWorks Black Marxman decided to move to mallet from Nike Method Core I had won in a tournament. Good move.

IMG_7725.jpeg

IMG_7726.jpeg

IMG_7727.jpeg

IMG_7728.jpeg

IMG_7729.jpeg

Edited by Cmra1
Added pics

Callaway Mavrick Driver, Callaway Rouge Max 3,5 wood, Cobra 3-4 hybrid, Nike Vrs Forged irons 5-A, Cleveland Zipcore 56,60, Odyssey Marksman

9 hours ago, HokieCovey said:

Driver - Titleist TSR 4 8 Degree - Ventus Blue Velcore +

Fairway Woods 3, 5, 7 - Callaway Paradym - Hzduz Silver

Hybrid - PXG Proto - 25 / 28 - Hzudus Black

Irons - Miura MB 101 6-PW - Modus 115 Stiff

Wedges - Miura High Bounce 52 / 58

Putter - La Golf 34" Malibu

Wow between your bag and the signature bag you have about $10k in gear.  Your garage sale will be a killer.  Well Done!

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4  58/9

Putter: Evnroll ER2 head with a custom shaft set up from Positive Putters that gives a toe up balance

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft with triple track                     

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

Driver- callaway Rogue ST max 9 degree regular shaft

3,5,7 woods - Callaway Rogue ST max regular shafts 

Irons 5 thru PW Callaway Paradym regular shafts

48 degree callaway Jaws 10.5 bounce

52 Vokey SM9 8 bounce

56 Vokey SM9  10.5 bounce

Putter Mizuno MCraft IV

Great setups!  And to all the first time posters, welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums!!!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Bought Wilson Dynapower irons 6 weeks ago.  Like them so much bought driver, 3W 3H and 4H.  All with senior shaft.  Broke 80 for first time with these, did it a second time and have been playing low 80's since.  Like these very much.

Cleveland CBX 56 and 52 wedges, have had for 5 years.

And a Ping center shaft C67 putter that I bought used years ago and have never found another putter I stroke so consistently for Line and distance.

Edited by 15handi

I can honestly say my bag doesn’t change that much over the years (as you’ll be able to see below), but there are a few clubs that are never truly safe!

Driver: TaylorMade Sim 2 Max
- I have had a love/hate relationship with my driver…go rounds where I can’t miss and others where I don’t know where the ball is going
- This club is never safe!  
IMG_5277.jpeg.bd819fea4c864644d59067fafadb5d43.jpeg

Frog Headcover: 
- Wife gave me as a gift when we were dating 15 years ago and it hasn’t left my bag…this is safe until it falls apart!  

IMG_5276.jpeg.724ec770283f30354da9b6ec7180b45d.jpeg

3 Wood: TaylorMade Stealth. 
- Love this club…it is safe!  
- Grew up only hitting a 3 wood off the tee, then upgraded to a “better” club and couldn’t hit it…switched to a TM M6 and loved it, then got a great deal on this that I couldn’t pass up

Utilities: Titleist U510 (3 and 4)
- Would always carry a 3 and 4 iron, but these became unreliable…was looking for a bit more distance out of the 3 to fill a gap and these fit perfectly.  
- These are safe!  
IMG_5281.jpeg.d275c35d4390db2f6d30189cc47646f4.jpegIMG_5279.jpeg.20fde69b507fbe5197d880606360b51a.jpegIMG_5280.jpeg.1a86de512866c8c2891bb9b8abfcd010.jpeg

Irons: TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB (5-PW)
- Was looking to upgrade my first iron set and found these on the rack at the local store…never even hit them before buying, just loved the look of them!  
- These are 13 years old, I’ve had them for about 10 and still love them to this day
- Check out irons every time I walk into the local store and nothing feels “right” 
- These are safe!  
IMG_5282.jpeg.ad7d9531d9ad72ef6881615a5e491422.jpegIMG_5283.jpeg.27fbba48f5fa69ff5d79217c4e470feb.jpeg

Wedges: Titleist SM8 (52/56/60)  
- Had some older TaylorMade wedges for years before I made a poor choice with the 56…it may have gotten stuck in a tree (try explaining that to your wife!). 
- Have generally been super picky about the “look” of a club and it being “pristine” but decided to take the plunge with the raw finish on the 56 and 60 and don’t regret it at all!  
- Wasn’t even looking for the 52, but found the all black SM8 and just had to have it…just gorgeous!  
IMG_5287.jpeg.9d2f1ab35127d400b6c09c6d540a21c3.jpeg

Putter: Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S
- I am still a very streaky putter, got this as part of the MGS test and it was lights out!  
- Then it quickly came crashing down and went back to my prior gamer for a bit, but am committing to moving forward with the Odyssey…will call this safe for now!  
IMG_5289.jpeg.0f3b657e5c0e1d9eeefc84b9d8724cbd.jpegIMG_5288.jpeg.75d5ccc50372b05d0a8d9aa122c7fc76.jpeg

Bag: Ping Hoofer Stand Bag. 
- The bag is safe until it falls apart…and it will be replaced by another Ping Hoofer when it does!  
IMG_5275.jpeg.fec0bbadb3cab20285d5278c6a1bd772.jpeg

IMG_5278.jpeg

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2024 Mid Season WITB

IMG_3273.jpeg

IMG_3283.jpeg

Driver 10.5°

It has been a roller coaster year for me and drivers. I began the year with a Callaway Paradym TD, which went away with the opportunity to test the Taylor Made QI-10 LS. Without reliving the gory details, suffice to say it didn't make the bag, and I grabbed a Ping G430 Max 10K. This has been my favorite driver of the past few years. A testament to it's staying power in my bag, is the fact that I haven't hit any other drivers since it entered my bag and have no current plans to replace it. As most of you know, I am a bit of a tinkerer with shafts, so currently there is Graphite Design Tour AD-UB 6S in it, but my Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X is never far away.

3 Wood 14.5°

The year began with a Paradym TD. At some point, I gave a Taylor Made BRNR mini driver a spin, but lately I am gaming a Ping G425 Max I picked up. It still has the Alta CB 65s stock shaft in it, but I am leaning toward re-purposing a Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 7X I have, as I think it could help make it a better fit for my swing. 

3 Hybrid 19° turned down to 18°

This club is grizzled war veteran of my bag, and is the longest serving current occupant. I cannot say enough good things about the Ping G430 hybrids. They are ridiculously easy to hit and work out of any lie. It has the stock Tour 2.0 chrome 85s shaft, but I have been eying a Tensei blue hybrid shaft, for tinkering purposes. 

7 Wood 21°

As a rule, 7 woods are a cheat code, and my Callaway Rogue St Max is no exception. I coupled the head with a UST Mamiya Lin-Q White M40X 7x shaft and it transformed into a flamethrower of a club, It hits high bombs that fall onto the green like a soft summer rain. Absolutely love this club. 10/10, no notes.

IMG_3282.jpeg

5i-PW 26°-45°

A fairly recent development, I am playing a set of Ping Blueprint S irons, with True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 shafts. This comes on the heels of a Srixon ZX5/ZX7 combo set I messed around with for a bit, as well as the Titleist T200/T150 combo set I tested for the forum last season. I still have the T series in reserve, but I really don't like the T200 irons, so for now, blueprint S's it is. 

IMG_3279.jpeg

GW 48°

Titleist Vokey SM-9 and merely a place holder. Still on the lookout for the right 50° gap wedge, but the Vokeys are an adequate fill in. One interesting tidbit regarding this club, is the recoil 110 s shaft in it. I had an extra shaft when I put recoils into the T series, so I experimented with using a graphite shaft in my gap wedge, under the premise that it was a full swing club, so I wanted the feel to match my irons. Admittedly, an experiment I am unlikely to replicate, as the feel of this graphite shaft in this wedge isn't quite right.

54°-58°

Mizuno T22 Copper Denim wedges. The feel of these wedges is really good, so it is a shame the finish is crap and began to wear off the sole after about a round and a half plus practice. These are solid wedges, but probably not long for my bag. Not sure what their replacement will be, just yet, so they remain.

IMG_3277.jpeg

IMG_3276.jpeg
Flat Stick

My latest infatuation is with my LAB Link.1 It is the latest in a series of putters I have rolled this year. The year began with a LAB Mezz.1 Max, but I couldn't quite jibe with it, so it was briefly replaced by a Toulon Design Atlanta, that was then replaced by a Scotty Cameron Special Select Del Mar and an Evnroll ER2, before I added the Link. Despite dabbling with various and assorted mallets, I am back in a blade as God and nature intended. 🙂

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k 10.5° turned up 1°  w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3w::ping-small: 14.5° G425 Max Newton 6 dot

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

5i-PW:  :ping-small: Blueprint S with DG S300

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Driver Titleist tsr3 9deg stiff

3 wood Taylormade Sim 1

3 Rescue Taylormade Stealth 

irons Takomo 101t stiff 5 thru AW

Taylormade 3 driving iron

Cleveland wedges 58, 54

Odyssey 7 bird White Hot OG putter

Titleist Pro 1x left dash

Edited by Gio Cowie

Gio Zannin

Okay, here we go. My WITB has always been a fluid thing, a work in progress, always trying to find the right set up that will lead me to Nirvana, which for me is more consistent scores in the 70s.

IMG_1230.jpeg.39bd4fc124c9bd507627c658eb46990b.jpeg

Bag: Hot Z 2.0 Stand Bag. The perfect number of dividers (6) and lots of storage. 

Driver:  This is where, as my playing partner says, the tinkering starts. I currently game two different drivers. The first is a Callaway Paradym X, 9.0°, with a Steadfast Jupiter SF stiff shaft. The second is a Wilson Staff Dynapwr Carbon, 8.0° adjusted to 10.0°, with a Fujikura Ventura AF 6-S Blue shaft. The Paradym X is a fairway finder, but the Dynapwr is longer. 

Fairway Wood: Wilson Staff Dynapwr 3 wood, 15°, Project X Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 6.0 shaft. 

Hybrid: Wilson Staff Dynapwr 3 hybrid, 19°, Project X Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 5.5 shaft. 

Irons: More tinkering! My go to irons are Wilson Staff D9 Forged with Alpha 95 graphite R-flex shafts, 5-GW, but I recently played a round with my old gamers, Wilson Staff FG Tour V4s with True Temper DG Pro S-flex steel shafts, 5-GW. 

Wedges: Tour Edge Hot Launch Super Spin, 52°, 56° and 60°, with Mitsubishi Fubuki HL Series S-flex shafts. 

Putter: Odyssey Whit Hot XG Rossie. I’ve had this putter for 16 years. It was a going away gift from my staff when I left my job in San Diego and it has been in and out of my bag over the years, but is currently in. 

Ball(s): Going against MGS staff’s recommendation, lately I have not been consistently using the same ball. My go to’s are the Bridgestone Tour BX, Titleist ProV1 and Srixon Z Star XV. Typically, the ball I end using is the one closest to the top when I reach into my bag. 

Misc: Orange Whip Swing Trainer; Ball Retriever, Caddy Tek range finder

And to answer your question, I typically consult the My Golf Spy equipment reviews before making any equipment changes and I have made many equipment purchases based on these reviews. I think you provide the most comprehensive  and objective equipment reviews and I appreciate the work that you do. 

I have spent a long time away from golf. I currently play the same irons, wedges, and putter I played in high school, Taylormade Tour Burner 4-PW (2008), Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60 wedges (2008 also?), and a Scotty Cameron Red X5 (2009). In high school I played a Taylormade R7 Superquad, however that is long gone now.

For modern upgrades, I have a Cobra Radspeed Palm Tree Club edition with a Tensei AV White shaft. This is the newest club to me, and I recently upgraded the shaft from the stock Fujikura. The Callaway hybrid is the next newest, after my dad decided he didn’t like it as much as his old Bridgestone hybrid. I have been enjoying it quite a lot, as it plays as my most consistent and accurate long club.

The last club is a Cobra Amp Cell 3-4 Fairway. This is an interesting club for me, as sometimes I can crush hits straight down the middle nearly as far as a driver, then others I can’t get 100 yards out of it.

Now that I am playing again, I will eventually update all of my clubs, though I am in no rush at the moment. The irons play fantastic for being over 15 years old, and I don’t think I am in any rush to change putters. I think the wedges could use an upgrade soon, as I have hit a couple of modern ones and enjoy the extra spin I can get from them.

IMG_0051.jpeg

IMG_0052.jpeg

Ai smoke driver, rbz 5 wood, cobra f8 7 wood and callaway gbb 9 wood

mizuno mp20 hmb 4-7(5iron is out) 8-pw mmc

king tour gw, rtx4 54, hi toe 60. Odyssey ten putter, Bridgestone tour x, pro v1x or Wilson staff (2022)

course is wet from the past year of rain, and I don’t swing as fast due to surgeries

IMG_8728.jpeg

IMG_8729.jpeg

Edited by Mux164
Too many pictures. Added text

Mux

ai smoke max 10.5

rbz tour 5 wood

cobra f8 7 wood

callaway big Bertha 9 wood

4-6-7 mp20 hmb

8-9-pw mp20 mmc

king tour gap wedge

cleveland rtx 54

big toe 60

Here's my recently updated bag! In the last month, I've swapped out 35-year-old Swilken Alta II irons blended with Ping Eye II CuBe for some new Pings. I visited the Ping European fitting centre at Thonock Park, Lincolnshire, and came away with 4-PW Blueprint S irons, S159 wedges, and a hot little G430 2 hybrid. The 2 hybrid looks like one of the most versatile clubs I've owned, giving me between 240 and 260 yards. 

The S159 wedges are beautiful (50°S12; 54°E10; 58°H8). I love the E grind, which is based on the old Ping Eye shape—perfect for opening up in bunkers!

I wasn't completely convinced of the G430lst 8° that the fitter had put me into, so I headed to Harrogate in North Yorkshire to see the man from PXG. I am glad I did because I love my new Black Ops Tour 1 9° driver with Fujikura Ventus black x7 shaft.

I'm clinging to my old Ping Eye II 2 iron because it's been priceless when the driver goes awry, both as a driving iron and for chopping out of the trees! Hopefully, I won't be needing it!

The other club I'm sticking with is my old Ping Anser, which I won as a junior in the late 80's! As a kid, I took the best net at the Fulford Junior Open, one of my area's best junior comps. I've never been interested in other putters since it's what Seve used, so it must be up to scratch. My dad used to take us there to watch the Benson & Hedges International Open, which always had a classy field, including Ballesteros. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benson_%26_Hedges_International_Open)

20240813_151653.jpg

20240813_152908.jpg

20240813_152812.jpg

20240813_153209.jpg

20240813_152127.jpg

20240813_154042.jpg

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 driver 9⁰, Ventus black 7x.

Ping G430 2 hybrid

Ping Eye Cube 2 iron

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW

Ping S159 50⁰, 54⁰ and 58⁰.

Ping Anser (1989).

I had been a 1-2 times per year golfer until 2022 and then caught the bug. Have been gradually replacing pure game improvement clubs with more player clubs over the past year - almost there! Next club will be a 56* wedge - will look for Sub 70 first. After that, driver will likely get replaced in 2025 as long as my swing keeps improving. Just recently reshafted my utility with X100 to match irons and extended my 52* by half inch. Also moved all swing grips to MCC+4.

• Driver - Tour Edge E722
  • Fairway - Callaway Paradym 3W
  • Hybrid - Sub 70 949 Pro

All three have HZRDUS Black 6.5 shafts. 

• 23* Utility - Srixon ZX
  • 5-PW - Sub 70 659 CB

Irons have DG X100 shafts

• 52* Mizuno T22
  • 56* Callaway Mack Daddy CB
  • 60* Sub 70 JB Forged
  • Putter - Cleveland HB Soft #11
  • Bag - Ogio Woode 15
  • Ball - Maxfli Tour

D - Tour Edge E722, HZRDUS Black 70, 6.5

3W - Callaway Paradym, Tensei White 75, 6.5

Hybrid - Sub 70 949 Pro 19*, HZRDUS Black 90, 6.5

Utility - Srixon ZX 23*, DG X100

5-PW - Sub 70 659 CB, DG X100

52/56/60* - Mizuno T22/Sub 70 286/Sub 70 JB

P - Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball - Maxfli Tour

Titleist TSR3 9 degree driver

Cobra LTDx LS 3-wood

Titleist TSR3 5-wood

Titleist TSR3 hybrid

Titleist T100s (4-PW)

Titleist SM10 (50,54,58)

Odyssey Jailbird putter

Callaway Chrome Tour X golf ball

Cobra LTDx LS driver and 3-wood

PXG 0311 Gen4 2-iron

Titleist T-100s irons (4-pw)

Taylormade Hi-toe 3 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 putter

IMG_0555.jpg

Here's my current starting lineup.

Driver - After sitting in on a Community Call with the MyGolfSpy fitter, I drank the Kool-Aid and purchased the Ping G430 Max 10k 9° driver.  I have three shafts that I rotate, which are PLB 45 stiff, PLB 45 A flex, and UST MP5 Ladies flex.  The A flex and L flex shafts are thanks to the Otto Phlex thread I participated in.

3 wood - Ping G425 Max 14.5° with Ventus Velocore Blue 6-R shaft.  I originally had this shaft in a Ping G425 driver, but converted it to a 3 wood shaft.

5 wood - Cleveland Launcher XL 18° with Project X Cypher 55-R shaft.  This club resides in the starting lineup because it is just so easy to hit.

7 wood - PXG 0211 21° with Maltby MPF Pro Series FW shaft in regular flex.  Like the 5 wood, another very easy club to hit.

Hybrid - Adams Tight Lies 23° with Maltby MPF Pro Series Hy shaft in regular flex.

Irons - Toura Golf CB forged irons 6 through PW with Recoil 95 gram regular flex shafts.  

Wedges - 48° Toura, 52° Corey Paul, and 57° Corey Paul.

Putter - Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.75 34"

As you can tell by the upper end of my bag, I need lots of help with longer distances.  

Edited by David Leighton Reid
Adding text.

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/ProLaunch 45 S

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Ping G430 Max 5 wood w/Ping Tour 2.0 65 R

Ping G430 Max 7 wood w/Ping Tour 2.0 65 R

Ping G430 4 hyrid w/AltaCB 70 R

Toura Golf CB 6-PW Recoil 95 regular

Toura Golf 48° GW and Vokey Sm10 wedges 52° and 57°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

2018 I won an award at work that had a monetary amount attached to it.  I was a member out at the Tribute in The Colony, TX and they were doing a TaylorMade Fitting.  I had been hitting new irons for a while trying to figure out what I wanted.  I really liked the P790s but I just couldnt hit them well.  Did the fitting and selected the M3 irons.  

So

Currently I am playing TaylorMade M3 Irons, stiff shaft, 1 degree flat 4-PW.  My 3 iron was replaced 22 years ago with a Nike CPR 21 degree hybrid and it will never leave.  That club is and was a life saver so many times.  My wedges are Callaway 56 degree w grind with a Micky Mouse stamp and a 60 degree w grind with no stamp.  Driver is Taylormade M3 that has been nothing short of spectacular since I bought it.  I have tried to upgrade to newer or "better" but side by side testing against Taylormade, Callaway, Ping, Titleist has not gone well for the challengers.  Hard to justify spending $$ on new equipment to take a step back in distance and control.  Putting I am still using an original Spider Putter from TaylorMade.  Hard to replace what works.  

Solid 3 handicap but don't let that fool ya.  I can throw an mid 80s out there and 3 putt like the best of them

WITB

I have been building my bag slowly for the last 8-10 years, mixing strong used values and the occasional treat (new driver this year), but more on that later. I definitely Skew towards TM products, perhaps their marketing has worked well, or I'm just a creature of habit and keep going back after positive experiences with their early Rocketballz line. This year is my first year with a new bag, and I have gone with a BagBoy as it fits seamless with my Nitron Push cart which has really changed the way I golf for the better, and walking each round.

Some background I am a 20 handicap, but that has been falling and think I will improving it over the coming month+. I hit the ball further than most carrying driver 250-270 but have been struggling with keeping chips close to the pin, and lessons have helped me almost eliminate my over the top swing and create more consistency where I am now regularly breaking 90 and bad rounds are in the low 90s.

Accessories: UE Wonderboom speaker (vibes), Alignment sticks (obviously), Grooveit club cleaner (must have), Glove-Vice Pure, I have found the feel to be pretty good (acceptable when compared to the Titleist Players) and the durability is a big improvement especially for sub $15 per glove.

Driver: Qi10 Max 9 degree XS 65g Tensai Black- I did buy at PGA store after a fitting. I initially got fit into the Ai Smoke TD which I played for about 80+ days before going back for a second fitting and using the performance guarantee to trade in to get the Qi10. I was a bit perplexed at my handicap why i was in the Triple Diamond, and just didn't feel like fighting with a club that was less forgiving when i really just want to keep the ball in play.

3 Wood: TM R15 Stiff flx - bought used and will be looking to upgrade this along with other metals in the next year+ I recently swung the Calloway Rogue ST 3 Wood and really liked it, also crushed it. Might be explore and intermediary used club purchase.

3 Hybrid: TM R15 Stiff flx - bought used with little knowledge at the time of how this would fit into my bag, will be looking to get fit for metals and irons in the next year+ and I can almost guarantee that the top of my bag will change

Irons 5i - pw: Sim2 Max Stiff flex - Bough these off the rack as I had to used a benefit I had in a time crunch and didn't have time to shop or get fit. They hit well, but I think a fitting could help a bit, and aesthetically i would like to see something a bit cleaner like the P790s or even the stealths and Qi10 have improved their looks. Not that it helps the handicap lol

Wedges Vokey (48,52,56), 60 Cleveland - Bought new Vokey wedges this year and replaced my iron set gap wedge and an old 55 deg sand wedge. Really loving this change and hoping that my new practice focus on chipping brings me more 1 putts! The 60 deg Cleveland is a hold over from a hot deal I found years ago, and didn't know much about bag set ups, but it serves a nice emergency purpose out of bunkers and for short sides shots.

Putter: Odyssey ProType 3  - Bought this in a great deal as a "used" club at golfsmith years ago to replace what was probably a glorified mini-golf putter. I don't have strong feelings about this club in either direction but I also don't have any complaints around performance, focusing on setup has helped me drop my avg # of putts, which can also be improved through better chipping (working on it)

I think overall I am pretty happy with my current setup. Next year I might look into a proper club fitting for irons and metals (excluding driver) not because my equipment needs it, but more because I want it and life is too short to swing older clubs. I'll also be looking to add more major swag to my club head covers in the coming years, starting with the PGA in 2025. see you all around the boards

IMG_8197.jpg

Edited by GforeNick

Driver: M6

irons: sim2 max

wedge: TM rsi sand wedge 55

putter: odyssey pro type 3

My name is Dave Wagaman and here is my WITB:

Driver: Ping 400 LST

Fairway woods: Tommy Armour 845 Max (3. 5 and 7)

Hybrid: Ping 430 (4 hybrid delofted to 23 degrees)

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Forged (6-GW)

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth (54 and 58 degree)

Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3.0

IMG_1887.jpg

Edited by dwawags

Howdy y'all. My name is Austin. I'm an 18 handicap and have been playing consistently for about 2 years. Here is what's in my bag.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10k

3 wood- Ping G425 Max

Hybrids: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 3hy and G425 4hy

Irons: Ping G425 5-PW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey 50, 56 and 60

Putter: Ping PLD Oslo 3

IMG_1887.jpg

Edited by 2ndShotScratch

Austin Olson 

My WITB and first post on here too... 

Driver; Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°, evenflow riptide 60g stiff shaft. This has been the safest club in the bag since being fitted for it, straight as and long, only doubts I have is I really like the look off the new Paradym Ai Smoke driver's. 

Fairway wood; Callaway Epic max 15°, Hzrdus green regular shaft. Self fitted for this club after trying a few other clubs, settled on this as it has flat bottom and shallow face for fairway use. 

Hybrid; Taylormade Sim2 Max 22°, Fujikura Venus blue 5R shaft. Really like this club though I'm finding the shaft a little light, so will probably be one off the first club's I'll change. 

Iron's; Wilson D9 Forged 5-gw, KBS Tour Lite regular flex shafts. Fitted for these after reading about them here on MyGolfSpy. Great irons and won't be leaving the bag anytime soon. 

Wedges; Vokey SM9 54°/14° F grind, Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 56°/12°, Wilson FG Tour 60°. The 54 an 56 wedges might seem close together but are used for different shots. 

Putter; Scotty Cameron Select Double Wide 34", the red cross model, Cleveland Sinkfit pistol grip. Again really like this putter, but have been looking around recently, Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7, Odyssey Ai-ONE 7 milled, and Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas 22 model. 

Grips; Golf Pride Tour Velvet plus4's on all club's. 

Balls; Bridgestone Tour B X, or Titleist Pro V1x. 

Bag; Powakaddy Dri-Tec 14 way. 

Trolley; Powakaddy Fw5. 

Ps: pictures to follow when I'm next back at club to take a few. 

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5° stiff flex

Fairway wood: Callaway Epic max 15° reg flex

Hybrid: Taylormade Sim2 max 22° reg flex

Irons: Wilson D9 Forged kbs reg flex 

Wedges: Vokey sm9 54° an 56°, Wilson fg tour 60°

Putter: Scotty Cameron double wide, Cleveland sinkfit pistol grip

51 minutes ago, dwawags said:

My name is Dave Wagaman and here is my WITB:

Driver: Ping 400 LST

Fairway woods: Tommy Armour 845 Max (3. 5 and 7)

Hybrid: Ping 430 (4 hybrid delofted to 23 degrees)

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Forged (6-GW)

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth (54 and 58 degree)

Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3.0

IMG_1887.jpg

Why is my photo posted on your post?

Austin Olson 

This is a little bit of a touchy subject for yours truly. 
Wilson Dynapower Carbon Driver.

Wilson Dynapower Fairway Wood.

Wilson Dynapower 3 and 4 Hybrid. 
All above are like small rocket launchers.

Some have seen my Mizuno T24 Wedges both were in the Denim finish but they didn’t  suit my eye, so I made them Rose Gold finish, which I’m thinking of changing to oil finish. 
My ever trusted Scotty Studio #5 putter.

Now for the irons, some will remember that I purchased the Tacomo irons, this site was one of the reasons added in some well known You Tube golf reviewer’s.

Was playing at a public course in AZ, first time playing this course and some degenerate thought it would be fun to steal my irons while I was in the bar. 
Part of me is happy they didn’t take the whole bag and my Scotty has a boring head cover so not to draw attention to it, thank god. 
I refrained from being Irish here and swearing a few times during the above text.  

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

Hey Everyone,

I'd like to preface this and say that I'm still tweaking what I game and such but this is what it looks like at the moment. I've been playing more seriously with the goal to improve my game for about the last 6 months.

Driver- Cobra LTDX LS Driver

3 Wood- Taylormade Sim Max

2 Iron- Takomo Utility Iron

3 Iron Taylormade P770

4-PW Takomo 101's

Wedges- Callaway Mack Daddy 56 deg, Taylormade MG3 60 deg

Putter- Taylormade Spider GT

Bag- OGIO Woode 15 club bag

Ball- Maxfli Softfli/Straightfli

All my irons are Nike slingshots. She's clubs are about 18 years old. I swing a TaylorMade rbz three wood, I ditched my five wood for a Callaway ex-hot three hybrid, and my driver is a Callaway Maverick. And my flat stick is a Nike ignite 003, with the super fat grip.

All my irons are Nike slingshots. She's clubs are about 18 years old. I swing a TaylorMade rbz three wood, I ditched my five wood for a Callaway ex-hot three hybrid, and my driver is a Callaway Maverick. And my flat stick is a Nike ignite 003, with the super fat grip.

21 hours ago, Cmra1 said:

Driver-Callaway Paradym 10.5 Aldila Ascent 40R. I was playing a Mavrick and ran across another at Playitagain real cheap. Then Callaway preowned had a sale on the Paradym and the trade in for the two Mavricks was more than I could get on eBay so I paid $42 for a like new driver.

Fairways- Callaway Rouge ST Max 3,5 Cypher 50 5.0. Ran across these at Playitagain when they had 30% off every thing. They were were brand new! Paid $80 ea . Was worried about the senior shafts but love them.

Hybrids- Cobra Biocell 3-4,4-5 Reg. Again stumbled across at playitagain for $15 ea. love the adjustment factor.

Irons- Nike Vrs Forged NSPro Reg. I had bought a set of Nike irons based on feel when I finally left blades. Then I won a radio contest to play in a scramble with some lessons at a nearby course. The pro was a Nike guy and let me hit these and I was sold. Feel of a blade, forgiveness and distance of cavity. I had hip replacement and while recovering I scoured eBay and found a set for $325 when PGA was selling for $1300, still in plastic except a 5 iron.

Wedges Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56,60 Mid KBS - Sports Authority clearance for $45 ea. couldn’t pass up and love them. 

Putter- Odyssey OWorks Black Marxman decided to move to mallet from Nike Method Core I had won in a tournament. Good move.

I like your style. Bargains galore in your bag and it sounds like just what you need. Good times.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

Tom the Golf Nut’s what’s in the bag.

Below is a detailed WITB. In the past I was a trial-and-error golfer. Having been an MGS Forum Member over the past six years has changed everything about my game. I learned the value of a proper fitting, the type of ball that is best for my game, and what type of club set up work best for me. I will say my bag set up is 100% MGS influenced and my handicap has been the lowest it has ever been since joining the Forum. So, here we go, what's in the bag?

Bag: Cobra Ultralight Pro 14-way divider cart bag.  

Driver: Titleist TSi 1 10 degree. Hosel set to A1. Aldia Ascent 40 in stiff flex. Third season in the bag because it is a fairway finder with consistent distance. I normally hit either a straight ball or a baby fade.

Fairway: Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood. Hosel set to standard. Helium 5F3 shaft. Second season in the bag. Very dependable with a straight ball flight but I can fade it when necessary. This model flies higher than my past 3 woods.

Fairway: Cobra Aerojet Max 5 wood. Hosel set to standard. Helium 5F3 shaft. This club flies high, lands soft and is consistent 190 /200 yards for me. Second season in the bag

Fairway: Cobra Aerojet Max 7 wood. Hosel set to standard. Helium 5F3 shaft. This club flies high, lands soft and is a consistent 180 yards. Second season in the bag.

Irons: Vice VGI01’s, these are forged players distance irons. 5 iron through the Pitching Wedge are in the bag. Mitsubishi Wiz 60 graphite shafts in regular flex.  These are fresh in the bag and are working out very well. They feel great and have built in forgiveness. The scoring clubs are pin finders. They are definitely a good-looking set of irons.

Wedges: Vice 50 degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60 graphite shaft in regular flex. Been in the bag for two weeks now. This is used for 100 yards and in as well as chipping around the green.

Cobra Snakebite wedge in 54 degrees. Second season in the bag. This is used for longer bunker shots and ¾ shots into the green if the lie is good.

Cobra Snakebite full face 60 degree. Second season in the bag. Its main purpose in life is tight pin placements from greenside bunkers. High lob shots over trouble to tight pin placements. The 60 gets minimal full swing use but it can be a good 60 yard shot for me with a good lie and I don’t want any roll out.  

Putter: Sacks Parente Drac. Plays at 35 inches and is a center shafted model. This has only been in the bag since June. This seems pretty safe in the bag. 

Ball: I was using the Maxfli Tour ball until recently. I am currently using the Vice Pro Air ball with success. I tend to have a lower ball flight, but the Pro Air and the Vice irons have really helped get me little more height.

Laser Rangefinder: Cobalt Q-6 slope

Towel: Ghost Golf magnetic blue gray camo.

Bag1.jpg.1f92547d26fb9ea086982f5037e34024.jpg

Clubs.jpg.7f200bc3a0b4220662cae77bd424d90d.jpg

BAG2.jpg.30a2ce2d033e4fa947adbc962836862c.jpg

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag