Titleist GT Long Game - 2024 Forum Review

Congrats all!  Looking forward to your reviews!

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1x / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: Titan Elite

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Current MyGolfSpy Review - Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64979-testers-announced-precision-pro-titan-elite/?do=findComment&comment=1082733

Just getting through the intros now... great start so far, gang! 

@GolfSpy_KFT I can't wait to see if Titleist kicks Cobra out of your bag and reclaims its throne. 

@GolferXY That is a buttery smooth swing! 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Just want to clarify that nothing was “won” with this testing. Those selected will be going through 6 weeks of in depth testing of the GT family and then will continue to provide updates after the testing period is complete. It is an awesome experience nonetheless, but it is not a contest that was won. 

Thanks for that take on it. I take your meaning, and still, I bet that if you asked them if they felt like "Winners", they'd more than likely say "Yes". JS

Regardless of that, it's gonna be great to get feedback that resonates with us mere mortals, who truly make up the body of golf.

Cheers.

Mizuno MP33 irons - Stiff, standard length, 1º flat

Krank Rage head on a Penley Extra Stiff 46" shaft

Right handed

Lawrenceville, GA

12 handicap - but I'm "Workin' on it."

3 hours ago, TSauer said:

Just getting through the intros now... great start so far, gang! 

@GolfSpy_KFT I can't wait to see if Titleist kicks Cobra out of your bag and reclaims its throne. 

@GolferXY That is a buttery smooth swing! 

Thank you sir!  

-XY

:redrooster: Sussex and Rain Rooster
:titleist-small: ProV1X
:taylormade-small: QI10 LS
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 3-wood
:taylormade-small: 4H Stealth 2, stiff
:ping-small: i525, 6 - W, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
:vokey-small: SM10 52, 56, 60
:L.A.B.: DF3 Broomstick
:ping-small: Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
MGI electric cart

On 8/13/2024 at 12:09 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

TWFeature.jpg

Titleist has introduced the GT Drivers and fairways, signifying Generational Technology, marking a significant shift in materials, construction, and performance from their previous TS models. Despite appearances suggesting minimal change, substantial advancements lie beneath the surface.

Titleist's goal was to enhance performance without altering the familiar look and feel. This approach ensures that players have a familiarity with their clubs year over year while hopefully experiencing performance gains. The GT models feature refined aerodynamics, with changes focused on the underside to reduce drag and increase speed, notably through the raised aft section.

Tony Covey and Chris Nickel have done full breakdowns and articles on both the drivers and fairway woods which can be found here drivers) and here (fairway woods). Here is a brief overview to whet your appetite.

titleist_gt_drivers-25-1536x1075.jpg

The New GT Line

The introduction of Split Mass Construction redistributes weight to the driver’s perimeter, enhancing stability and optimizing performance. Additionally, the GT lineup incorporates a seamless thermoform composite crown, marking a departure from previous designs. This innovative crown integrates a Proprietary Matrix Polymer (PMP), improving acoustics and mimicking the sound of titanium.

The GT drivers emphasize lowering the center of gravity, promoting consistent spin rates and enhancing forgiveness. Titleist’s Speed Ring with Variable Face Thickness (VFT) face technology aims to boost speed across the face, catering to off-center hits.

Titleist offers three GT driver models models (GT2, GT3, GT4) and two GT fariway wood models (GT2 and GT3)

Each model maintains a familiar look but with significant improvements in speed, consistency, and overall performance. Titleist's approach ensures that while much has evolved, the essence of the driver remains unchanged, catering to both average golfers and Tour pros. The new GT family embodies the philosophy of advancing technology without compromising the core attributes that define Titleist drivers.

titleist_gt_fairway_woods-8-1536x1075.jp

Please welcome and congratulate our four testers!

@Golf2Much 

@RichL85 

@Rearviewmirror 

@GolferXY

Congratulations to all!

Hit it Big!

I asked for my fitting to be scheduled for early next week. There happens to be a Titleist fitting event about 40 minutes away from my client located near @GolfSpy SAM on Tuesday of next week. I haven't heard anything from Titleist to confirm, but I'm going to currently assume it's scheduled because the time slot I asked for is no longer available through the booking system. Personally, I'm excited, but also a little terrified because my last attempt at a driver fitting did not go so well. Hopefully a solid swing shows up that day.

Driver: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 6S (Testing in progress)
3 & 5 Woods: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 7S (Testing in progress)
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: PXG Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Titleist GT Long Game Testing

On 8/12/2024 at 11:09 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

TWFeature.jpg

Titleist has introduced the GT Drivers and fairways, signifying Generational Technology, marking a significant shift in materials, construction, and performance from their previous TS models. Despite appearances suggesting minimal change, substantial advancements lie beneath the surface.

Titleist's goal was to enhance performance without altering the familiar look and feel. This approach ensures that players have a familiarity with their clubs year over year while hopefully experiencing performance gains. The GT models feature refined aerodynamics, with changes focused on the underside to reduce drag and increase speed, notably through the raised aft section.

Tony Covey and Chris Nickel have done full breakdowns and articles on both the drivers and fairway woods which can be found here drivers) and here (fairway woods). Here is a brief overview to whet your appetite.

titleist_gt_drivers-25-1536x1075.jpg

The New GT Line

The introduction of Split Mass Construction redistributes weight to the driver’s perimeter, enhancing stability and optimizing performance. Additionally, the GT lineup incorporates a seamless thermoform composite crown, marking a departure from previous designs. This innovative crown integrates a Proprietary Matrix Polymer (PMP), improving acoustics and mimicking the sound of titanium.

The GT drivers emphasize lowering the center of gravity, promoting consistent spin rates and enhancing forgiveness. Titleist’s Speed Ring with Variable Face Thickness (VFT) face technology aims to boost speed across the face, catering to off-center hits.

Titleist offers three GT driver models models (GT2, GT3, GT4) and two GT fariway wood models (GT2 and GT3)

Each model maintains a familiar look but with significant improvements in speed, consistency, and overall performance. Titleist's approach ensures that while much has evolved, the essence of the driver remains unchanged, catering to both average golfers and Tour pros. The new GT family embodies the philosophy of advancing technology without compromising the core attributes that define Titleist drivers.

titleist_gt_fairway_woods-8-1536x1075.jp

Please welcome and congratulate our four testers!

@Golf2Much 

@RichL85 

@Rearviewmirror 

@GolferXY

Congratulations you guys! I have never hit a Titleist club and actually I think that’s the first time I have tried to type it (Woof) 

I can’t wait to see how it preforms! When it comes to clubs it’s actually only top six I hear about don’t know much about them really so I’ll be watching 

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

On 8/13/2024 at 7:01 AM, Patrick Dawes said:

Congrats if any of you are hitting an AI smoke or the Ping 430 as a gamer would be really interested to see how these stack up

Came across this and thought you might be interested:

I'm waiting to get my fitting slot lined up with Titleist - in the meanwhile I'm doing a bag check in next week so I can post some baseline numbers for the top of my bag from Trackman.

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

My driver has been misbehaving recently, I think it must know some competition is about to arrive. Fairway woods on the other hand have taken offense to it and have really performed well the past week, and in a morning range session today before work were point and shoot. Driver was toe miss after toe miss leading to some sweeping duck hooks and very few playable shots. Impact was very consistent, just in the wrong spot of the face. Some old early extension habits making their way back in and I am sure I can get it ironed out. 

Fitting day can't come soon enough!

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

22 hours ago, RichL85 said:

I asked for my fitting to be scheduled for early next week. There happens to be a Titleist fitting event about 40 minutes away from my client located near @GolfSpy SAM on Tuesday of next week. I haven't heard anything from Titleist to confirm, but I'm going to currently assume it's scheduled because the time slot I asked for is no longer available through the booking system. Personally, I'm excited, but also a little terrified because my last attempt at a driver fitting did not go so well. Hopefully a solid swing shows up that day.

Is it at Rustic Canyon? I know they do a lot of fitting events there - that's where I went for my PXG fitting earlier this year. 

Wish I was free to join! Good luck!!

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

53 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Is it at Rustic Canyon? I know they do a lot of fitting events there - that's where I went for my PXG fitting earlier this year. 

Wish I was free to join! Good luck!!

It's not at Rustic Canyon, but I've heard a lot of good things about that course. The event is going to be at Moorpark. Should he close enough to my client to get over there and get my fitting done. Otherwise I'm about 2 weeks out on another fitting because I live in the middle of nowhere. 

Great group of testers and grabbing intros - I read them all and thoroughly enjoyed them, thanks.

I do have a question.  From the intros everyone except Jamie, seemed to assume that you will be testing driver and two or three fairway woods.  Is that a predetermined assumption or will you be fit and go with what the fitter recommends from your longest iron up?  For example, he may recommend that a strong 5 wood be your longest fairway or that you game a hybrid in the 5 slot. 

I got to do a long game test a number of years back and that was the deal - we had to go with what the fitter recommended - for me it meant 5,7,9 woods and those are still in the bag.  They are starting to show signs of age so I may be on the hunt for their replacements next spring.  I will be following this one closely - let me know on my question if you would, please.  

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

On 8/15/2024 at 7:30 PM, GolfSpy_KFT said:

My fitting has been scheduled for Monday, August 26th at 2pm at the newly opened TPC Wisconsin in Madison! I also have been wanting to do a wedge fitting, so booked myself an additional SM10 fitting to follow my GT fitting! 

Going to be an awesome experience and cannot wait for the 26th to get here! It’ll also be a treat to see the TPC Wisconsin course.

You are going to be one tired puppy!!!!!

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-PW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM10 52.12F, SM10 56.14F & SM10 60.12D wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My 2024 Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

51 minutes ago, revkev said:

Great group of testers and grabbing intros - I read them all and thoroughly enjoyed them, thanks.

I do have a question.  From the intros everyone except Jamie, seemed to assume that you will be testing driver and two or three fairway woods.  Is that a predetermined assumption or will you be fit and go with what the fitter recommends from your longest iron up?  For example, he may recommend that a strong 5 wood be your longest fairway or that you game a hybrid in the 5 slot. 

I got to do a long game test a number of years back and that was the deal - we had to go with what the fitter recommended - for me it meant 5,7,9 woods and those are still in the bag.  They are starting to show signs of age so I may be on the hunt for their replacements next spring.  I will be following this one closely - let me know on my question if you would, please.  

Probably a little bit of an assumption that the test will end up involving driver plus a fairway wood or two. We didn't find out until after selection some of the details, one of which being that it would be an overall long game test. I think most of us were under the assumption originally that the test was going to be a driver and a fairway, so it was a surprise that the test would actually potentially include multiple fairways to complete the top of the bag. It was also a surprise, to me at least, that we were going to have access to all of the shaft options instead of only the stock shafts, so fittings could get very interesting. 

The fitter may end up suggesting that only one fairway is enough for me if he can't beat a hybrid slot, but we will see on Tuesday. 

On 8/15/2024 at 7:30 PM, GolfSpy_KFT said:

My fitting has been scheduled for Monday, August 26th at 2pm at the newly opened TPC Wisconsin in Madison! I also have been wanting to do a wedge fitting, so booked myself an additional SM10 fitting to follow my GT fitting! 

Going to be an awesome experience and cannot wait for the 26th to get here! It’ll also be a treat to see the TPC Wisconsin course.

Very cool Jason! Can’t wait to read the review on both!

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

4 hours ago, revkev said:

I'm trying to go into the test with maximum openness, and see what is suggested. I don't think I'd be up for lowering my number of high end clubs as my current gapping has me at 9W 185yds, 4H 200yds, 5W 220yds, 3W 240yds, D 265yds+).

I wanted to get the lay of the land so I'm working with my own fitter on Monday to dial in my top of the bag as much as possible in terms of loft/lie prior to the Titleist fitting (I don't have a date for that yet) so that I can compare the best of what I've got.

The 9W is a new addition to replace my 5-iron, and it has been amazing - it looks like a PW behind the ball, launches like a LW, and the ball lands at 180yds and stops on a dime. My 5W is one of my favorite clubs in my bag and my fairway finder if it's an exceptional tight hole under 400yds. My 3W is either amazing or garbage (decent off the tee, but doesn't launch as well as my 5W from fairway or rough). 

Driver has been money since I got the Tour Chrome shaft and so I think it'll be the toughest to displace vs the GTs. 

Here's today's drives - anything sub 240 was pilot error not the club and sadly the rest of my game wasn't up to this standard today!:

IMG_E28B1ACFE5AB-1.jpeg.706888daea7d59b024ff13cf991da653.jpeg

IMG_81ABCF1D0089-1.jpeg.c81407e48ec9950ba0b00d891fbeccf7.jpeg

So I'm open, but I would be lying if I didn't say I'm hoping to end up with a driver, 3W and 7W 🙂  It would also be fun to compare the GT 7W against the Ping G425 5W and G430 9W.

Edited by Rearviewmirror

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

aThanks for the quick responses.  My fitting for the Ping version of this test was eye opening.  I had just come off of shooting a 69 and according to shot scope my gapping was right - I had 5 hybrid, 4 hybrid, HL SLDR fairway metal - 17 degrees I think.  As it turned out I carried all three of those clubs the same distance - different launch angles, descent and spin rates made it appear as if I was fine - - I would not have been as soon as rainy season started.  He had me hitting 9 wood, 7 wood, 5 wood the same height (likewise 6 and 7 iron,)  I still do hit them the same height when I flush them - occasionally the 5 wood miss behaves but when I'm swinging reasonably well they still all fly as they did when I was fit.  

Looking forward to reading about how it goes for each of you - mine was on track man, out doors with pro V1x's.  

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

On 8/13/2024 at 8:39 AM, bens197 said:

This one is going to have a significant impact on next year’s driver selection.  Good luck and congrats to all four of you guys 🙂

You should still follow along. 

But i’ll save you the trouble, your search is over😬

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

11 hours ago, revkev said:

The GT hybrids won’t be out until January.  So this testing is for driver and the best Fairway wood combo that the fitter recommends.  So in that way it is partly like the PING one. 

10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

You should still follow along. 

But i’ll save you the trouble, your search is over😬

I appreciate you Rob. 

The forgiveness of the GT2 is what I’ve been most excited about. And while I’ve always gravitated towards and had success with the “3” Model, I see what players like you have seen with the “2” and that forgiveness is just too good. 

• PING G400 LST Mitsubishi Tensei White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Also to add to the long game part.  At the above fitting day.  We tried the GT2 13.5 FW 

i am mainly looking at it for an off the tee club for 4-8 holes on our 36 hole complex depending on the tees i play. 

I currently only have 13 clubs in the bag so there is room.  And after driver i don’t hsve anything until the 18 degree GT2.  

I was very happy with what i saw at the fitting.  190 to 200 yards with w slight draw which is perfect for the holes i have in mind.  Really looking forward fo adding it to the stable of GT’s

Was curious about the 13.5 - would you say it’s purely an off the tee play or would you feel comfortable hitting off the fairway?  If I had the chance, I could see a setup of a 8/9 degree driver with the 13.5 inserted before a 6/7 wood to round out woods.  

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Callaway Paradym

11 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

While i posted this in the GT In hand pics thread, since i was an early adopter like Jamie, i should post it here as well. 

So having had the GT2 in play for 6 weeks now.  It’s better then i hoped for.  My Fairways hit % was 72% for the yesr when i got it.  Its now 75%.  

Also Titleist was out for a fitting day this week.  

So during one of the breaks between fittings.  I took the opportunity to hit several shots with my GT2 and Autoflex setup.  Then  i wanted to hit some of the premium shafts and see how they performed for me.   I didn’t expect any to beat them and none did.  But my comments below for anyone that may or may not find them helpful. 

AD UB 5 -This one came the closest to matching the AF results. My SS mainteined, ball speed only off 2 moh launch and spin close to 

Ad Di 5 - Did ok with this as i played the DI in my TSR 2.   Not as solid feeling as the UB but numbers were similar. 

AD VF -5 Wow!!  Is this baby stout. I keep hearing ho stable it is and I see why.    None of the metrics close!   At least I can say I tried it 

Ventus Red 5R This is one i could play.  Again not the ball speed or distance of the AF.  But very smooth and had good launch and not excessive spin with it.  

Then hit the GT3 with both my AF and the UB 5   Some pretty good results.   It was slightly less spinning than the 2 but not enough to drastically affect any shots.    This was good to know as i have a GT3 with the UB already on order!  

in the end.  We ended up fitting 3 guys into GT2 all with the Featured shafts and 1 into w GT3 also with the Tensei 1K 

Great summary here as well - was the Ventus red the 2024 version? Any chance trying the blue or black as well?

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Callaway Paradym

1 hour ago, CFreddie said:

Was curious about the 13.5 - would you say it’s purely an off the tee play or would you feel comfortable hitting off the fairway?  If I had the chance, I could see a setup of a 8/9 degree driver with the 13.5 inserted before a 6/7 wood to round out woods.  

This is my main question for the GT fitting. I would love to find a club that can do off the tee bullets that roll out (for dry fairway days and narrow holes) but also give me enough launch to bomb it up towards the green on long par 5s - think approach shots where you know you can't get there but want to try to create a short miss up and down for birdie opportunity.

I feel like I have high launch/soft landing well covered with my existing 5W/9W setup, and so if I could get a low zinger that I can also hit off the fairway I feel like my bag would be well set.

I'm dying to try the new Ventus offerings as well, so will see if I can him 'em once I get a fitting date from Titleist.

Edited by Rearviewmirror

4 hours ago, CFreddie said:

It’s going to be 95% off the tee.  I just don’t have the speed to hit it high and try to reach greens. 
But like @Rearviewmirror said. If i habe a wide open approach with no chance of rolling into danger i may use it as he said for that low bullet shot that runs. As my 5 wood flys high and lands very soft to about 180 or so.   If i can get the 3 ro fly and roll to 200 to 210 id that helps in a hole. Then sure why not 

3 hours ago, CFreddie said:

Great summary here as well - was the Ventus red the 2024 version? Any chance trying the blue or black as well?

I believe its the 2024. Not sure what the difference would be visually. But his whole matrix was updated in June. 

i took a few swings with the Blue. But its not for me and my speed.  So not really anything worthwhile to report on it. Shots were low and not consistent. 

Black.  Ha. Didn’t even pull it out of the sleeve 😬