Your Brand Opinion: Cobra Golf

My driver, fairway and hybrids are all Cobra and I love them. Swapped my RAD for the Aerojet Max this year and easily added some distance. I added the King TEC hybrids last year and all I can say is WOW! 

DR  - Cobra RAD xB 10.5
3W - Cobra RAD 14.5
5W - Cobra RAD 17
3H - Cobra King TEC 19
4H - Cobra King TEC 21
6I - AW Callaway Rogue ST Max
GW - Cleveland CTX 52
SW - Cleveland CTX 56
P - Cleveland HB SOFT Model 11

Big cobra fan. When I graduated from high school my first non generic club purchase was a Cobra 9 degree deep face driver. Used it for several years and loved it. I worked at a course back then and also picked up a 60 degree cobra wedge someone left and never came back for. Still have the wedge out in my club stash after 28 years! Recently tried the ltdx 7 wood and really fell in love. It's forgiving, sounds great and just is confidence in a club. Liked it so much I picked up a ltdx 3wood and wood. When it came time to replace my Callaway Diablo driver, gave the ltdx ls a run. Best sounding driver I have ever hit. Love it half the time cringe the other half, I need some consistency in my swing :). Found a used darkspeed right after they came out and grabbed the x. This has all the distance of the ltdx with much more forgiveness. I think anyone who doesn't try cobra is missing out. 

LTDx driver and 7 wood

Pxg 0211 3 wood, 5wood, irons

Vokey 56 m grind

Taylor made 7 putter

I’ve never been a huge fan or Cobra and haven’t been able to hit their irons well. I have had the chance to try the Dark Speed yet, but have heard great things. My father has a set of their irons and at 72 he loves the forgiveness. He always hit everything down the middle. 

WITB: Callaway AI Smoke Irons, 5-AW, AI Smoke 5 and 3 Woods, TaylorMade Stealth 2 Driver. Just got the BRNR Mini Driver as well. 

Cobra had always been an underrated company in my opinion. Make good quality stuff, never afraid to push the envelope. Even though they have gone through many different people over there, the mission has stayed the same. I am a Titleist guy, but Cobra is my #2. I have an Aerojet driver and 5-wood in my “backup” or “second bag”. Great clubs.

TSR2  9* Ventus Velocore Blue 6S

TRS2 15* Ventus Velocore Red 7S

TS 21* Diamana BF 80S

TSI 23* Ventus HB 8S

Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 PX 6.0

Vokey SM6 Raw 48F/SM8 50F/56M/60M

SC X Fantom 5

Vessel Player 14 2.0

I have never played a single Cobra club.  They look a little chunky to me.

I can remember way back when, Cobra was owned by Titleist and was a cheaper club option and a what is now termed a game improvement club.

That is going back a long time. I guess I never got over the stigma.

Driver Titleist Tsi 3 9.75*
Fairway Titleist 5, 7 woods

Hybrd Titleist TSR 2 21* or

Utility iron Mizuno HiFly 4

Irons Mizuno Pro 245 5-P

Wedges Vokey SM9 48*, 54*, and 58*

Putter Scotty Cameron Newport super select

Ball Titleist ProV 1X

I have a Cobra King CB 3i that I use for low spin, shot tee shots and occasionally long approaches and love it.  Always love their drivers, second to Titleist in my opinion.  Some of the best looking and feeling clubs too, just behind Srixon in that regard.  Agree with the wedge comments.

Handicap 5.4

Driver - Titleist TSI3 10* @ 9.25, Diamana D+ limited 60

Fwy - Titleist TSR3 16.5* 4 wood, speeder 757

Driving Irons - Srixon ZX 18*, GD Tour iz H 90g. Cobra CB 3i KBS tour black 130x

Irons - 5-P Srixon Z945, kbs tour 130 x

Wedges - 50* - Mizuno t22, Taylormade MG4 TW 56, Vokey SM9 60

Putter - Scotty Cameron 5.5

Of the big 5 OEMs, Cobra is the most IYKYK brand of the bunch in my opinion. They don't get the credit in the mainstream for the way they've pushed things forward in design and ideas while taking great risks and producing pretty solid product. Always a definite contender for my bag on that basis alone. I have a feeling 2025 is going to be a nice year for the Snake Men.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Max, 12*, set -1/D, Project X RDX Smoke Red 50, 6.0 Flex

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titleist-small: Prov V1X Left Dash... for now

Before last year's Cobra challenge, I'm not sure you'd have been able to convince me to put a club from them in my bag. I just did not see them as on the same tier as Titleist, TaylorMade, Callaway or PING. Post Cobra challenge, my view of them as a brand has completely changed. 

I think they make EXCELLENT woods and very good irons, and the Aerojet irons have played a large role in helping me improve my game over the past two seasons. I am at a point where they no longer perfectly match my game, and I will certainly give Cobra a fair chance to hold that spot in my bag when I look to upgrade.

Similar to what @sirchunksalot said, I don't think they get the recognition they deserve in the golfing world. The Darkspeed X was a great driver for me, and had I been custom fit for it like I did with the GT3, it may not have been as easy a decision to move the GT3 to full time status over the DS X. I hope they continue to gain ground in the industry as I believe it is warranted!

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

I think they are underrated and under promoted. I’ve had good results with their driver (F8) and one length irons (F8) both of which I still use. Next fitting maybe I don’t end up with Cobra but they will definitely be in the mix. 

Cobra One Lengths, odyssey two ball putter, Taylormade Fairway wood, mini driver 3 wood, Cobra driver.

When I started golfing seriously in 2012 I bought Cobra Amp Cell Driver, fariways and hybrids. I had them for 5+ years and they served me very well. Since then I've had Bio Cell fairway woods and then RAD Speed fairway woods, and a F9 driver. They were all excellent clubs. 

I have a high opinion of Cobra golf. I think they are one of, if not the most innovative OEM out there. The MIM and 3D irons are way more advanced than what any other club company is producing. 

TZ

I have been a fan of Cobra Golf for quite a while. I love the logo, I love that they try to stay ahead of the curve - e.g. their 3D printed clubs, and their phone support is amazing! I currently use their ultra lightweight driver and fairway woods - the Air-X Offset - and they look, feel and play well for me at my age and current swing limitations. I also own a set of the older Cobra King Ltd driver/fairway woods that I unfortunately have never been good enough to actually play but have always wanted to.

Cobra, for me, is a strong brand that just doesn't get their due respect against the "bigger brands" like Taylormade, Titleist, Ping, Callaway, but they make a good, quality product that deserves a second (or third) look when you are shopping for new clubs. One of their challenges, I feel, is that they don't get enough shelf space in the big box sporting goods stores, which doesn't help their cause!

Marty

Krank F11XX Driver

Cobra Air-X OS Fairway Wood (5)

Tommy Armour Atomic Max Irons (4 - 9)

Tommy Armour Wedges (P, A)

Titleist Vokey SM9 56/10S Wedge

Taylormade 52 Wedge

Ping B-60 Putter

Odyssey Works Versa Marxman Fang Putter

Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi Hybrid (4 & 7)

Cobra is maybe one of the most underrated brands. Especially when it comes to their players and players distance irons. (I’ve never seen anyone playing their game improvement irons and I think that’s due to the lofts being so dang strong) I currently game their Cobra King Tour irons and my goodness they’re amazing. I also currently game the Cobra Darkspeed X driver and it’s a quality driver. According to arccos I average 296 off the tee with it so hard to argue with that. I was fit into the irons and the driver which should be mentioned. The cobra fairway woods have always been good for me too even though I don’t currently have them in the bag. The LTDx fairway woods were great… may have to put em back in…

I would really like to see Cobra renovate their wedges down the road. 

IMG_2765.jpeg

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X Woods: Ping G425 Irons: srixon zx7 mkii wedges: Vokey Sm9

I love Cobra. I've had the aerojet driver and now the Darkspeed driver and 7wood. They have all been great. I've recently gotten their irons earlier this year and I love those as well. Haven't tried their wedges. They definitely have the best customer service in my opinion and their "C" logo with a crown on top is the best looking logo in golf imo.

I've had the 2017 Forged Tec King irons (Black) and now play the 2020 King Tour MIM irons. The forged tec were the softest iron I ever played, but a friend wanted them and I wanted more traditional lofts and thus went with a NOS set of the '20 Tours. I agree that Cobra irons are waaaaay underrated.

I gamed '71 VIPs for over 20 years before another long run with 845s, then on to Adams a7s (which I still have), and CB3s (great looking but with the worst feel of all of these). Count me as a fan of the current Cobra irons.

I've tried the wedges but went back to Vokey's. Just more familiar with the response.

Still have not tried the woods or hybrids but am open to doing so.

Titleist TSi2 with HZRDUS SMOKE RDX shaft, Titleist 917 16.5* FW, Mavrik Pro 20* & 23* HBs, Cobra King Tour (2020) 5-P with KBS $-Taper 120g shafts, King MIM 50*, Titleist SM8 54* and 58*, Odyssey #7 O-Works

My driver before my current one was a Cobra. I had it custom made on their website with specific shaft and length (shortened).  I played it for about 5 years and overall loved it.  Back then, it was such a good value for a modern driver.  When looking for my next driver, I couldn't find similar value in price at the time.  I hit another brand and liked that one.  

Still have the Cobra in case I break my newer one.  I also love the logo and the name. I even had a Cobra hat I wore everywhere.  

Southpaw

Driver:   :callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX LS, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 65 Graphite Stiff

Woods:   :titleist-small: TSi2 Fairway Wood 5W 18°, Fujikura ATMOS 5 Blue Graphite Stiff

:titleist-small: TSr1 Hybrid 23°, Mitsubishi Speedmesh HY 50 Graphite Regular

Irons:     :titleist-small: 718 AP3s, stiff steel shafts, 5-P                                          

Wedges:   :titleist-small: Vokey SM6 46, 50, 54, 58

Putter:   :odyssey-small:  White Hot RX #9

Balls:     :vice: Pro Plus 

Not a huge fan of the brand. Albeit that my first ever set of irons were cobra. 

As of late, I did give them a fair shake on irons, woods, hybrid, wedges, etc. Their woods seem that they're overvalued. They release a club and then 4-6 months down the line, they discount it. I know all of the big boys do that, Cobra just seems to be doing that faster and moving onto the next thing quicker. Which isn't a huge deal. However it tells me that they don't think much of their product. IMO. 

Wedges - were OK when I tested them, but they didn't make it out of my 2nd round of tests. Put them up against Vokey, Ping Tour Glide, Cleve RTX Zip Core, Mizuno, Miura and Callaway JAWS. I ended up going with Cleve. 

Irons are great! And honestly, I was close to pulling the trigger on them after I moved on from my prior Callaway set. But, I ended up pulling the trigger on the Takomo 101T. Couldn't pass up the price for the Takomos. 

D-Titleist TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

5w-Titleist TSI w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB-Titleist TSi 21* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

Irons-4-PW Toura Golf JCB Japan Forged CB w/ TrueTemper S100 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 52/10 56/12 60/8 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo S

Ball - Titleist AVX 

My driver before my current one was a Cobra. I had it custom made on their website with specific shaft and length (shortened).  I played it for about 5 years and overall loved it.  Back then, it was such a good value for a modern driver.  When looking for my next driver, I couldn't find similar value in price at the time.  I hit another brand and liked that one.  

Still have the Cobra in case I break my newer one.  I also love the logo and the name. I even had a Cobra hat I wore everywhere.  

Southpaw

Driver:   :callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX LS, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 65 Graphite Stiff

Woods:   :titleist-small: TSi2 Fairway Wood 5W 18°, Fujikura ATMOS 5 Blue Graphite Stiff

:titleist-small: TSr1 Hybrid 23°, Mitsubishi Speedmesh HY 50 Graphite Regular

Irons:     :titleist-small: 718 AP3s, stiff steel shafts, 5-P                                          

Wedges:   :titleist-small: Vokey SM6 46, 50, 54, 58

Putter:   :odyssey-small:  White Hot RX #9

Balls:     :vice: Pro Plus 

Like me some Cobra…EXCEPT…I have never gotten along with their drivers.  Their new putters…check! Irons and wedges…check!  Hybrids…check!  FW wood…just okay.  Driver…NOPE!  And I have tried every Cobra driver up through RadSpeed.  

for reference, I have owned their AMP driver, FW and hybrid, FPII, S3 irons, their original one length irons and some wedges (don’t remember the model) and would have no problem putting most of their more modern equipment in my gamer bag.  Heck, I’d love to find a used set of their FPII irons with a DG X100 shaft!!!

Edited by Marty2Shanks

Driver - Titleist.png.498bc07308fe56d564be22c9431a5e18.png 917 Speeder 757 X-Flex

Woods/Hybrids - Titleist.png.38f33ae482f03fcb0b418c4ad449014d.png 913 series Aldila Riptide X-Flex 

Irons - Titleist.png.db92d1d5ded4d1e2c006d38c55ff42d7.png 710/712 CB/MB Combo Set TTDG X100 & S300

Wedges - Titleist.png.be3c490c674724282df255bccde13d6a.png Vokey Spin Milled 52/56/60

Putter - EVNROLLlogo.jpg.fe3da74474e04365077bd707c1132da3.jpg Neo Classic ER2

Ball - Titleist.png.0716431d8fbd49f30882f96bc07b7d40.png Tour Speed/Soft

Rangefinder - BushnellLogo.jpg.52d5c06a2ba66a8729d6938779ae75db.jpg Tour V5 Shift

I am a high 90’s scorer still trying to find my swing after a proximal row carpectomy in my right wrist. My Aerojet driver has been terrific (last full round driver distances attached) and my one length 7-GW have been amazingly forgiving. For where my game is now, these clubs are perfect.

IMG_0469.png

Cobra Aerojet Driver -7.5 degree loft

Sub 70 949x 3,5,6 hybrid

Cobra Aerojet One length 7-GW 

Yamaha Secret Professional SW

Odyssey Prototype 2 Black Series Putter

All clubs with Arccos

I used to play Cobra, I do believe that they are a top quality brand, likely the need to move on with some of their players, such as Fowler, to bigger names.  I like Ricky but he is in a rut for the most part.  I have an old set of Cobra's kicking around, S2 if I recall, and I had their Z Driver as well.  I liked their kit and they are also having their own flair with colors, etc - I like that.  I was interested about 10 years ago in some new clubs and went to get fitted at a club, the guy never showed up and never responded - so at that point I just said forget it,  and since that day I didn't buy them again or think to even buy them.  I then got fitted and went with PING and have stayed with them for over 10 years now and will likely stay with them, I like the fact it is family owned, has a reasonable release cycle of clubs (not every 4-6 months) and the fitting process was class. I think Cobra is a good brand, but once I have a bad interaction with a Brand I vote with my wallet, hence here we are. 

image.png.b89fa684b54b186f20c376e6af43ac1d.png 425's- 5i to PW, UW

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  G400 Driver, G425 3W, G425 7W, G425 3H

image.png.cf53a065a6e348c87221c4bf13510375.png 56 degree Hi-Toe wedge

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  Glide 60 degree 

image.png.d4990c8d6330ecc392d9a5124b26165a.png Evnroll ER3

Hard to find anything bad to say about these:

image.png

I have played Cobra drivers in the past, but never their irons. These could change all that though... 🤤

WITB:

D: :titleist-small: GT-2 10° w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3W: :titleist-small: GT-3 15 Tensei Black 75 X

5W: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

4i-PW:  :PXG: 0317t Project X LZ 6.0

50°,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:cameron-small: Super Select Newport 2+

Ball:  :titleist-small: ProV1x

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Overall, I'm a big Cobra fan. 

I think they often get overlooked in some of the various categories (namely players products) compared to titliest, mizuno, etc.
For a comparatively smaller company than callaway/taylormade kind of monster they are hugely innovative in tech and design. They also have one of the more well rounded/full lineups of clubs on the market - ranging from SUPER game improvement up to tour quality MB irons and competitive low spin drivers/woods/etc. They have great tech in their putters (3d printing, SIK face tech, and a wide variety of head styles/shapes). 

I think overall (recent years) they've leaned into a more sporty/modern/tech forward style and that has made them appear less serious than the more traditional/classic styled clubs in some segments. Kind of like if Nike suddenly made suits or tuxedos it would take a while for that to be "accepted" as something serious in the market even though they clearly have the ability to make clothing.

I started playing golf 2.5 years ago and a set of speedzone one length irons was an amazing tool to learn the game quickly and efficiently. I've demo-d most of the game improvmenet irons and I don't think there are many I'd say are better than cobra's yearly offerings for what that segment aims to do.

I replaced those with some pxg irons that were more suited to my growth as a golfer, and after nearly 2 years with those I am back in Cobra irons.

I tried literally everything in the players CB/MB over the course of this season. The cobra King MB/CB felt just as good as anything and better than most. Plus, in terms of shape, turf interaction and playability I just 'got along' with them better than everything else and it was an easy choice. I adore these clubs after the past month since I got them in the bag. 

I've also gamed one of their drivers for a while and it was a CANNON (LTDxLS). I have one of their putters too (vintage nova).

I really hope more people try their stuff because it's awesome and (comparatively) reasonably priced with very high quality from what i've experienced. It may seem like it but I promise I don't bee-line for their clubs when i'm shopping - I actually tend to come to Cobra LAST because I want to try other stuff, but very often find that I just really do well with their gear. 

WITB:

Driver: Rogue ST Max LS, tensei 1k white XS

3w: PXG gen5 XF

3h: PXG gen5 xf

4-g: Cobra King MB/CB flow set

56/60: cleveland cbx

Putter: odyssey backstryke marxman or cobra vintage nova depending on the day

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Hard to find anything bad to say about these:

image.png

I have played Cobra drivers in the past, but never their irons. These could change all that though... 🤤

I play the King MB/CB combo set in this line. They're pretty fantastic imo. The black ones look awesome.

WITB:

I am gaming the King Tour Forged Cobras with Steel shafts. 4-GW. Absolutely love them. Great feel on the sweet spot and fairly forgiving. 
I also am impressed the Aero Driver. Very similar numbers as my Callaway Paradym X. 
Cobra does make some great wedges and putters. Certainly, would be interested in having my whole bag fitted with Cobra products if I was looking for a change.

Paradym 9*
Epic Flash 5W
Cobra tour forged 4-GW
RAW JAWS SW-LW
Scotty Cameron Phanton X 5

19 minutes ago, Marty2Shanks said:

Like me some Cobra…EXCEPT…I have never gotten along with their drivers.  Their new putters…check! Irons and wedges…check!  Hybrids…check!  FW wood…just okay.  Driver…NOPE!  And I have tried every Cobra driver up through RadSpeed.  

for reference, I have owned their AMP driver, FW and hybrid, FPII, S3 irons, their original one length irons and some wedges (don’t remember the model) and would have no problem putting most of their more modern equipment in my gamer bag.  Heck, I’d love to find a used set of their FPII irons with a DG X100 shaft!!!

Not saying it's guaranteed...
But i've tried f9, speedzone, radspeed and didn't love them, but the stuff SINCE (ltdx, aerojet, darkspeed) is notably better for me than the prior ones. There's plenty of options out there obv so not a huge deal, but def try an aerojet or darkspeed if you get a chance to swing one.

WITB: